TTC #1 in 2008 in our 20's! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!

I have seen the threads for women in their 30's and I got jealous!! I am 26 years old, and my wonderful husband (28) and I have been married for almost 5 years. I am a 4th grade teacher at an elementary school here in Iowa. I have been on the pill for 10 years, and after this cycle runs out I am not going back! I have been : on this site for a few months now, and it has helped me think this through.

We plan to use other methods until about halfway through this year, and then go to using nothing at all and see what happens. We are kind of wanting it to be a surprise, so we won't use OPK or chart unless nothing happens for a long time.

I can't believe the year I may get pregnant is finally here!!! : Anyone else here just as ecstatic as I am? If you are TTC #1 in your 20's sometime this year, join the party!! :

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#2 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 03:19 PM

Hello! I'm 25, Dh is 28 (soon to be 29 this month), and we're ttc #1 this cycle, skipping next cycle, then trying again for the next one. If we don't get a then we're going to hold off for about 3-4 years more. I'm just starting out on a very long journey to get my CNM degree and I don't want to try and juggle a newborn during the intense nursing portion. So if we get pg now, the baby will be a year old on my very first opportunity to start the program... and since it's up in the air when I'll get in, baby will just keep getting older the longer I have to wait. So I'm really : for that BFP! I know my situation is a bit different than usual since we've given ourselves such a small window, but we're leaving it up to fate and seeing what is meant for our lives. I fluctuate between terribly excited and anxious, which I think is pretty normal for ttc!

Nice to meet you!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#3 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Amber Lion! It's great that you and your husband are really planning it out. Being in the medical field must be really useful at this point in your life and when you have kids!

I am sending you : for a BFP soon! I know if I had to wait 3-4 years I would explode, so I hope that you get a within the next few months.

I also feel the same way about TTC, one day I am really excited and the next I am kinda freaking out a little! But if we all waited until we were 100% at ease and ready, none of us would ever have kids! lol

April 5th grade teacher and wife to hubby Justin : is expecting her first in April 2010!! Finally!!:
#4 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 05:32 PM

I hesitate to even post, since I've been lurking for so long, but here goes!

I'm 26 and I teach 5th grade. DH and I have been married 5 years. We have an adorable little girl who is 18 months old, and I'm beyond ready to try again. I had wanted to try about the time she turned one, but we decided to wait for various reasons. But now we are going to stop preventing, so anything can happen! I've been charting as my bc method, and it's worked so far. But I have stopped charting and I'm going to try my best not to pay attention to my cycles at all! I know, easier said than done. If we aren't pg by April, we are going to actively ttc. It only took us one try with dd to get pg, after 10 years of being on the pill, so hopefully it will be that easy the 2nd time around. I am **** nursing dd though, so we'll see how that affects things.

I'm really excited about all this! I can't wait until I get that BFP. Awesome to meet you ladies!
#5 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 05:39 PM

I'm 26, DH is 29. I'm fresh off the BCP, hoping af would hurry up. All my big talk about not getting my hopes up yet is already out the window. I'm glad to be hearing lots of positive stories about getting off the pill!

I'm a research scientist, but planning on being a SAHM. DH is an engineer who works super hard. I fill my time with our two dachshund mixes, and I volunteer with some animal groups so I sometimes have a stray or a foster puppy (or two).

We've been putting off ttc until we were out of debt, so Feb 22, 2008 is the big day for that last student loan payment. A baby has been great motivation! I bargined with DH that I couldn't get pregnant before Feb, so I got to stop the BCP early. :

We're hoping to have two children eventually. And yes, this is me too -> :

mom to DD 3/09
#6 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM

Nice to meet you ladies!!

Bee21, I like that you got pg on your first try for your dd!! That's what I'm hoping for.

I've been using FAM to avoid for almost 4 years now, so if I don't know my body by now that's pretty lame! Of course, our first cycle ttc has been different than my normal ones, so that has me stressing. I always have a lot of ewcm and I've had very little this time. If we don't get our BFP this cycle, the next one we try I'm going to be a lot more diligent on the "we are dtd NOW" stuff. I've been trying to lay off on that as much as possible b/c it just seems to kill the mood, but with only one day of ewcm (twice) this cycle, I haven't been getting the timing as well as I'd like.

Dachshund mom, I hear ya on the hopes going up whether you wanted them to or not!!!

Mama to my Addie Bug wool.gif (10/2008) and angel1.gif (6/2010); nursing student & childbirth educator
#7 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, Dachshund Mom, I was hoping you would join! I am way jealous that you have your student loans paid off, we still have a ways to go on ours. But we did just pay off our car payment, so we own both our cars- one success at a time, right?

Amber Lion, that is awesome that you have been using FAM for so long, and it has been working for you. I think this is what I will do in the future when I want to avoid pregnancy.

And welcome Bee21! I am glad that you came out of lurkdom to say hello. Good to hear that the pill didn't seem to affect your fertility at all! My mother would call you a "Fertile Myrtle."

#8 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM

I'll join in!
I just turned 26, DH is 28. We have been married for almost 3 months now - woo hoo!
Planned to wait 2-3 years before TTC, but got pregnant on our honeymoon. We were ecstatic, but lost the pregnancy at 11 weeks. We were devastated, but now want a child more than ever. I'm expecting my first period since the M/C in about a week and a half and we are going to start trying during that cycle. So. . .if we get pregnant right away, like we did on our honeymoon (I had only been off the pill for 2 months when we got preg!) Then we may have our baby by early October!!
Sending baby dust to all of you!
#9 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 07:59 PM

I wanna join in the fun Hi all
I am 27 and my dh is 38 (yes older, but wiser...sometimes ). We've been married for almost 2 years. Last month was our first cycle (me coming off bc). Here's to lot's of BFP's in 2008

Mommy to Abigail 2/09hearts.gif and Ollie 3/11energy.gif

#10 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 09:23 PM

hey i'm 28, will be 29 next month, dh is 34 and we've been together 4 yrs, married for 2 in apr. i've been off bc for 3 mon and am using fam method, i'm not so careful about charting and temps now that i can tell when i'm ovulating...but anyway, we are planning on ttc in aug if all goes according to plan. let me tell you, gosh, ever since going off of bc, i've been as broken out as a dang highschooler!!!
#11 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bug View Post
let me tell you, gosh, ever since going off of bc, i've been as broken out as a dang highschooler!!!
oh me too. what is the deal with that

Mommy to Abigail 2/09hearts.gif and Ollie 3/11energy.gif

#12 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 09:31 PM

Hola ladies,

My name is Aly and I am 26(almost 27, yuk!) and DH is 28. We are trying for #1 and have been since June. We got pg after being off the pill for 2 months only for it to end in a m/c at 9 wks. Ever since then we have been trying with zero luck, although dh was gone for June and July but we tried when he was home for a few days HAHAHA. I am on my 3rd cycle of clomid and I will be going tomorrow for my ultra sound to tell me how many eggies I have and HOPEFULLY get a trigger shot. Good luck to everyone, let the BFP's roll!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#13 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonswife06 View Post
oh me too. what is the deal with that
i'm glad i'm not the only one, it's so bad, i'm almost embarrased. :
#14 of 1426 Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 PM

I just realized this thread is for ttc #1! I hope you ladies don't mind me posting here anyway...

Amber Lion and AprilGurlie, I was shocked that the pill didn't affect my ability to get pg, especially after being on it for so long. I feel really lucky to have gotten pg the first try, especially since it took my mom 10 years to get pg.

And count me in on the breakout club. My skin has been nuts since I quit bc! And pg/bfing hormones haven't helped matters.

Can someone tell me what FAM stands for?
#15 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post
I just realized this thread is for ttc #1! I hope you ladies don't mind me posting here anyway...

Can someone tell me what FAM stands for?
Anyone with a positive "getting pregnant on the first cycle off the pill" story is welcome in my book.

FAM is Fertility Awareness Method. It's charting CM and temps for birth control or pregnancy achievement. So basically what you've been doing I bet.

Good luck with that US Aly. All of us newbies will need all the details. I had no idea they could count your eggs.

Blue, are you going insane with the wait yet? Once we set a ttc date, it was all I could think about. Any reason for August?

April, it's pretty unusual for people to own their cars these days, so that's quite an accomplishment. Our student loans weren't too bad. DH just said if I don't get pregnant and can work one more month, we can get storm windows. I had to say, don't send those negative anti-baby vibes my way.

mom to DD 3/09
#16 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 12:59 AM

Can I join?
I am 20, DP is 21 and we are on our third cycle ttc (We started in October). My last two cyles were a lot more organized then this one, with OPKs, writing down CM and BD days and such. This one, not so much, and it has really kind of stressed me out. Don't want to just waste a month, kwim, but I did figure just an hour ago that our BD timing was PERFECT this month and I didn't even know it, haaa.
In any case I am around 10-12DPO. I have gotten what seems to be FAINT FAINT pos on 2 dollar tree hpts and one of them Iverness generic one-step preg tests but I have pretty much written them off as evaps.

I will be testing Jan 5th, if AF doesn't come!

Oh by the way, I have never been pregnant before but may have had a chemical one last cycle because I got what appeared to be a blatantly obvious BFP and AF came the next morning along with a BFN. So, I dunno.

I have had REALLY positive vibes about January since we started TTC. So, if it's in the form of a BFP in a couple days, or at the end of the month, I don't know. But my intution has been telling me this may be it for us, this month.

: of course, not like my intution has always been right or anything...
#17 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! More people!

Welcome Kellihope, jasonswife06, Aly22681, blue_bug and MissWorld!

Bee21, of course you are welcome, and like Dachshund Mom said, we will need the advice! I think all us newbies are freaking out a little bit-in a good way, of course!

It is good to hear some more coming off the pill stories, although the breaking out part I am not looking forward to! I have usually had clear skin, I hope that it stays that way, dangit!

I am glad that there are people on here TTC at all different times of the year. That way we can keep the excitement of possible BFP up and those of us that are waiting can keep a little bit of our sanity. MissWorld I cant wait until you POAS!! Everyone make sure to update soon after you test, we will all be on pins and needles!!

I don't know about you, but I could hardly sleep last night thinking of being pregnant and having a baby! My husband and I talked about it again right before bed, planning it out, when would be the best time, etc. I think it all just got me too excited!

Oh well...back to work for me, school starts up again today. Sending : to you all!!

#18 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 09:21 AM

I'm 29 and we're trying for our first as of now (but I'll be out of my twenties by the time the podling is born, as my birthday is in August).

My husband and I find this both exciting and terrifying. But we keep grinning like idiots because we're really happy.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
#19 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 AM

Is this thread taking the place of the TTC in our 20's December thread?

Because I've been posting over there, but I'll reintroduce myself here: I'm Mara, almost 27 years old, married. We've been trying to start a family for a little over a year now, had a miscarriage in April at 10 weeks and then one in August at 12 weeks. After the August one we decided to wait several months to let my body recover from the pregnancies. Now we're trying again!

I'm about equal parts excited about possibly getting pregnant again, and terrified about having another miscarriage... 2 could be a fluke but 3 in a row is an ugly pattern, YK? I think this month is a bust (anovulatory) but I'm just in enough denial to be taking my prenatals...

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#20 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Is this thread taking the place of the TTC in our 20's December thread?

I'm about equal parts excited about possibly getting pregnant again, and terrified about having another miscarriage... 2 could be a fluke but 3 in a row is an ugly pattern, YK? I think this month is a bust (anovulatory) but I'm just in enough denial to be taking my prenatals...
I feel you! I've only had one m/c but it is terrifying to think of getting pregnant again. I think I am going to be a complete wreck all through the first trimester.
#21 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 11:49 AM

can i join? i promise to bring baby-dust!

I'm 23 and DH is 22 we were married in september but bought our house together june 2005 and went to the same HS. We both work in the same grassroots video game store (but different buildings). we've been TTC since Aug 07 after 5 rotten years on the pill and no luck yet. I have 45-50 day cycles and probably anovulatory but I'm hoping to catch that one eggy that does slip out!

Glad to meet everyone and here's for BFP's in 08! (very very very early '08 )

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#22 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 02:57 PM

: to all the new ladies!

I'm not sure if this is taking the place of the ttc in 20's thread... I think we're gearing more towards ttc #1 (with welcome exceptions!!)That sound right?

I love that I'm not the only one who goes from grinning like an idiot to frozen in terror at the thought of getting pg! I convinced Dh that this timing would work, even though we aren't that financially sound (but doing ok and better than a lot of people I know) and are both starting long journeys: he's starting his own contracting business after working for others for years and I'm heading into at least 8 years of college to get my CNM degree. So it's kind of hard when I get the terror moments b/c once Dh agreed he seemed to have dropped all his doubts! I know it will work out ok, but this *first* decision to become parents is so huge, yk?

Dh and I were talking the other day and we both agreed we wished it'd be 3 months from now already. That way we'd either be pg and could start moving in that direction, or we wouldn't and could get on with life as it has been.

Anyways, I'm fertile now and we've been bd'ing more than we have probably in forever! I told myself I wouldn't time bding and would just go with the flow, but I can't!! When I see that ewcm I can't just pass it up b/c Dh isn't initiating, yk?!?! Ahhhh! So AF should be due around the middle of the month, I'll probably wait till then to test... or at least that's the plan!

ETA: Oooh, My mom's bday is the 14th, I might test then just b/c having a BFP to call her and tell her about would be a cool bday present, wouldn't it? It couldd be early to test though depending on when my temp jumps...

#23 of 1426 Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM

I just posted this reply somewhere else, but it applies here too. I'm 26 and will be 27 when we start ttc #1. My husband is 32. I'm getting my IUD out in February and we plan on ttc starting in June. If it happens before that, it's not a big deal, but we'd really like to save some money and I'd like to work a bit longer before getting knocked up. I just started this job in September after getting my MBA last year!
#24 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM

I'm TTC #1, Cycle #4. Planning to poas on Jan 11. I'm 5dpo today and will be 14dpo that day. I guess if this isn't considered the Jan TTC in our 20's and there's a separate thread for that then I'll just have another thread to stalk! to everyone in the new year!
#25 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 01:14 PM

I'm coming to the party! I cannot believe its finally here.. after the years of waiting because it was best for us and for our future kids, its so surreal that its finally here!

I'm 25, as is my husband, and we are going into our 4th year of marriage.. we plan on starting in March, and we'll both be 26 when our first child is due (at a minimum). We will be going into our 5th year of marriage when our first is due as well
#26 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 04:06 PM

I'm 23 and my husband is 22. We met in seventh grade and have been together since our senior year of high school. This February we will have been together for five years, half the time we've known each other! We're both so excited to conceive our first. This thread, so far, is a welcome change from other threads that are all about cycles, symptoms and pee sticks. It's such a relief to read about others who are both thrilled and terrified to be on the journey to parenthood.

Loving life with my amazing DH , luminous DD ( March 2009), and two crazy .
#27 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 05:04 PM

Oooh oooh oooh...me too! I'll join in this thread too. I'm 27 and my bf is 34. We're trying for our first together. His daughter/my stepdaughter, is 4 yrs old and is at this moment chasing the new puppy around the living room. Back in October we were sitting around talking about getting a new puppy (it is no secret that I've been wanting a baby for a while) and he says "you know, I would almost rather have a baby than a puppy". So here we are, with a new pug puppy for christmas and TTC. Hi everyone

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

#28 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshund mom View Post
Blue, are you going insane with the wait yet? Once we set a ttc date, it was all I could think about. Any reason for August?
yes, yes, yes.

we picked aug/sept for a couple of reasons

1) dh's first house HAS to sell first, and trying to be realistic, i don't think it will happen before summer...

2) if it happens after july (aug would give a buffer for an early baby) i would be vested at work and won't loose my 401k money - i won't be returning full time...

3) i'd *like* to go to italy first and aug/sept would work out best for us, after the summer heat/high prices...

but yes, yes, yes, again i wanna start now.
#29 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, this thread has really started hopping in the last day! : Welcome to everyone that has joined! The more, the merrier!

Just FYI this isn't taking the place of the TTC 20's in Dec. thread, I started this one with people in their 20's TTC their first in mind. But everyone is sure welcome, and if you have stumbled across this thread and are on #2 or more, then stay and bestow upon us your wisdom! Everyone feel free to stalk away!

I told my mother of our plans to start TTC in May/June, and man, is she excited. She has been wanting me to get preggers for like 3 years now. LOL Then she told me that she had ALREADY bought a whole bunch of baby stuff and was hiding it all, just waiting! Gotta love moms.

I know that we are all at the thought of having just one little chickadee, but here is a question for you all- How many kids total are you thinking of having? Personally, my husband and I are thinking 2 or 3. I really hope that we get one of each sex. What about all of you?

#30 of 1426 Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 PM

We're planning to have (as DH puts it) "between 2 and 4 kids"

Neither of us really wants to have just one. 2 would probably be OK; I don't want to have 3 because I have 2 sisters and whenever there was a fight it was two against one, no matter what, so I'd rather stick with even numbers. 4 would also be fine by me.

First we have to conceive the first one, though! Then I guess we'll sort of wing it from there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page