JANUARY TTC in our 20's - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
On the topic of pregnant bridesmaids, my cousin had two bridesmaids who were about 5 months along at her wedding. She had black dresses and they both looked gorgeous, IMHO. I know it's not traditional to have pregnant (or married) bridesmaids, but I think it's way more important to have your closest friends/relatives participating in your wedding than worrying about how they'll look in pictures ... although along those lines, I think it's also more important to choose dresses that your bridesmaids will actually look good in (even if they're pregnant!) than maintaining your dream wedding look. Call me crazy ...
Yeah, our dresses are going to be strapless, long, empire waist (perfect for bumps haha), and "apple red" which is fine with me. I love red, and I hate pastels. :P The bride's dress will be white with some of the red in it too. We don't have any of the dresses picked out yet. Hopefully she won't make us wear heels, because I am clumsy as hell and it's going to be outside.

Of the 6 bridesmaids she's having, two of us are married and one engaged. I really don't think most people pick their bridesmaids based on marital status or otherwise these days.

-
#122 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Yeah, our dresses are going to be strapless, long, empire waist (perfect for bumps haha), and "apple red" which is fine with me. I love red, and I hate pastels. :P The bride's dress will be white with some of the red in it too. We don't have any of the dresses picked out yet. Hopefully she won't make us wear heels, because I am clumsy as hell and it's going to be outside.

Of the 6 bridesmaids she's having, two of us are married and one engaged. I really don't think most people pick their bridesmaids based on marital status or otherwise these days.
My sis is getting married next fall as well and I'm in the wedding. She and I have already decided that what will work best is if she tells me a color and I pick a dress as close to the wedding as possible so that it will fit and flatter as best as possible. Her date right now is Sept 27 and if we were successful this cycle my due date would be Sept 19. EEK! Could make for an interesting month of Sept 2008!
#123 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
monday check-in

Date: Jan. 7 2008
Where are you at in your cycle: cd 42
Symptoms if they Apply: Impatience, if thats a symptom. AF is due any sec.
Appointments: ptth. none
Testing: I didn't o last cycle, so no. Just waiting on AF
Thoughts: I'm getting really sick of TTC. Thats really what it boils down to. I've read every book, looked at every carseat, I've exhausted all the fun stuff to keep my mind off the fact that I'm not preggo.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#124 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Date: January 7, 2008
Name: Aly
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 18, 4 dpo
Symptoms if they Apply: I have had indigestion since 1dpo, I am going for anything different this month, and that is different.
Appointments: none
Testing: I will start testing at 8DPO (I'm a POS-aholic what can I say)
Thoughts: I feel different this cycle, but I have felt that way before only to end up with a BFN so I am optimistic but doubtful....HAHAHA
For my sanity I NEED this to be our month!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#125 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Monday Check in:
Date: 1/07/08
Where are you at in your cycle: CD10
Appointments: finally made an appt for my pap, jan 22(about a month overdue)
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
Testing: n/a
Thoughts: Just waiting to O, hoping this cycle will be a more "normal" length and not another crazy long cycle! Haven't been that consistant with temping so far this month, was only waking up every other day, and then late yest and today, but will try to get better as I am now getting closer to possible O time.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#126 of 602 Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 PM

Monday Check in:
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 10 (same as you, SnowPea!)
Appointments: n/a
Testing: someday three weeks from now!
Thoughts: Not charting, not temping, not doing too much aside from continuing to take 4mg of folic acid a day and drinking a lot of green tea (we got a lot for Christmas this year). This is cycle #6 and we both needed to take a break from all of the hardcore TTC techniques. Maybe the relaxation will help... maybe it won't. But there are a lot of people around me who are getting pregnant or who have just announced their pregnancies, and it's not getting any easier for me to hear about it.

OH WELL.... I take each cycle one at a time!

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#127 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 AM

Monday Check in:
Name:Sioko
Date:01-07-08
Where are you at in your cycle:CD15, 7DPO
Appointments:none
Symptoms if they apply:crampy yesterday but gone today.
Testing: POAS 01-11-08 and again 01-19-08
Thoughts:This is the first full cycle I have charted. FF says I O'd on CD8 from my temps but I got the physical signs of it early on CD12. Either way BD's were timed alright. I don't know.... I guess we'll see???
#128 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird45 View Post
Date: January 7, 2008
Name: Songbird
Where are you at in your cycle: CD ... er... 68, I think.
Symptoms if they Apply: None
Appointments: January 22nd to discuss fertility treatment
Testing: Ha. No.
Thoughts: I am still taking temps and writing them down but I haven't updated my chart in a while. My temps have been low anyway, and cm all over the chart. I had a horribly unhealthy Christmas and New Years, but I'm back to eating good food again. Since I'm clearly not fertile in any way I haven't really been thinking about TTC. But lately I'm feeling more keenly the desire for babies. Something about hitting the 1-year mark trying, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
On the topic of pregnant bridesmaids, my cousin had two bridesmaids who were about 5 months along at her wedding. She had black dresses and they both looked gorgeous, IMHO. I know it's not traditional to have pregnant (or married) bridesmaids, but I think it's way more important to have your closest friends/relatives participating in your wedding than worrying about how they'll look in pictures ... although along those lines, I think it's also more important to choose dresses that your bridesmaids will actually look good in (even if they're pregnant!) than maintaining your dream wedding look. Call me crazy ...
we didn't even have bridesmaids. but then it's not traditional in Germany. everybody wore what they wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Monday Check in:
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 10 (same as you, SnowPea!)
Testing: someday three weeks from now!
Thoughts: Not charting, not temping, not doing too much aside from continuing to take 4mg of folic acid a day and drinking a lot of green tea (we got a lot for Christmas this year). This is cycle #6 and we both needed to take a break from all of the hardcore TTC techniques. Maybe the relaxation will help... maybe it won't. But there are a lot of people around me who are getting pregnant or who have just announced their pregnancies, and it's not getting any easier for me to hear about it.

OH WELL.... I take each cycle one at a time!
that's hard.... I got to hang out with the only toddler in our friend circle, so that sparked the baby fever, too...

hh2.gif

#129 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 AM

My sister is getting married in October as well, and I'm really hoping the Universe works it out so I can go. It's in town, though, so that makes it easier, and she's only having two bridesmaids, and we're wearing one size fits all clothing so I'm not worried about that aspect.

She's awesome, though. She said I shouldn't put off my life for her wedding, which is "only one day." And that there are no guarantees in life, that if I started fertility treatments later, I could end up with a preemie and not be able to come anyway. So with her blessing I'm just barrelling on ahead and we'll see how it goes.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#130 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tuesday Check-In

Name: Summer
Date: 1/8/08
Cycle Day: CD3 :yawning:
...next week will be more exciting, maybe!
#131 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM

So....as usual I'm well confused...my thermometer decided that 1 month was enough for it and up and died and I haven't bought a new one yet...thus I haven't been temping this month. But today (well last night) I busted out the good old fever thermometer and took my temp this morning because my cervix was SHOW on Sunday and I was anxious to see if my temps were up since our timing would have been pretty good (and entirely unplanned which I find nice). The first temp at 7am was 96.6 which is lower than any temp I've ever had???....I re-temped after getting up and peeing just for kicks and got 97.4 (more normal/just above my normal coverline). My cervix has firmed up and is more closed, BUT I had neg OPK on both Sun and Mon. What is going on? A gear-up to O and then no dice...boo

babydust to all of you
#132 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

Tuesday Check In:

(totally forgot yesterday, sorry)

Name: Mara
Date: 01/08/2008
Cycle Day: CD 16, OD ???? (no frickin' clue)
Symptoms: general insanity, see below

Thoughts: Hmm. Up until maybe last night, I was really convinced that I hadn't ovulated this cycle and that even if I had, the DH and I hadn't done enough of the fun stuff to take advantage of it anyway, sadly enough. Then last night, for no apparent reason at all I decided that maybe I was pregnant. No, I don't have any "symptoms" of pregnancy, and I could only possibly be 9 or 10 days past ovulation-- if I O'd at all-- too soon to be symptomatic or even testing.

It's bad enough that my body is such a mystery to me, now my mind is as well. Where have my attempts at logic and rationality gone? I just want this cycle over with so that myself can stop playing games with myself. I want to be able to trust myself again! Hearing a small internal voice whispering false hope is not helpful.

ETA: On the bright side, maybe I'm pregnant. On the bright side, if I'm pregnant, than irritating little voices are still worth listening to. On the bright side, if I'm pregnant, it would indicate that I can tell earlier and earlier.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#133 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

I wish my temps would go the right way!!!! It's not looking very encouraging. They're still quite a bit above the coverline but they just seem to be getting lower and lower. After not spotting at all after about 2:30pm yesterday, I had a tiny bit more early this morning but it's gone again. AF is due Thurs.
#134 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Tara You're still above the coverline and that's all that matters. My temps went down the day after I got my BFP and before that they were nothing exceptional either. The important thing is that AF has not come. I'm keeping my : for you.
#135 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahinsf View Post
Tara You're still above the coverline and that's all that matters. My temps went down the day after I got my BFP and before that they were nothing exceptional either. The important thing is that AF has not come. I'm keeping my : for you.
Thanks......
#136 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Mara I have the same irritating voice sometimes. Even after I get AF, I will think about all those stories of women getting AF while pregnant. Especially this month because AF was very very light, and more brown than red. Then I have to remind myself that my temps are def not supporting this insanity, so ummm no. I know it will happen for real one of these days, but in the mean time all I get is imaginary symptoms .

Tara Don't give up! Still think your chart looks good!

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#137 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 07:29 PM

My name is Trish, I'm 24. We are TTC #2. I had my IUD removed yesterday, I ovulated today. BD- sunday and yesterday, so hopefully we will be good.
#138 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM

Tuesday Check In:

Name: Carlin
Date: 01/08/2008
Cycle Day: CD 15, dpo - who knows?
Symptoms: none
Thoughts: I had ewcm and all other symptoms of impending O on cd 9-13. This would be bizarrely early as my last 2 cycles were 39 and 46 days long. If I have O'd our bd timing was pretty good, but I'm not holding my breath!

Mara - I've done the same thing. After we dtd on cd 8, I had the sudden thought that that was it - we'd actually done it. I'm writing it down so I'll either have a record of knowing, or proof of insanity.

Tara - My fingers are crossed for you too! I really hope this is your month!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#139 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Oh, my, I missed a check-in day! I'm usually on the forums waaaay too much so that's unusual, but yesterday I was feeling really off, and we drove down to Toledo to do some shopping, and then when I got back my computer had gone kaput so I had to redo a bunch of stuff and really didn't want anything to do with it. ANYWAY.

Date: January 8, 2008
Name: Jennie (Binkin)
Where are you at in your cycle: CD26, 13dpo (or 8dpo?)
Symptoms if they Apply: Constipation, tender breasts, lots of creamy CM (not usual for me at this point in my cycle), tired, feeling nauseated, but also like I could eat a horse, frequent urination, but any of these except the last could be just PMS for me, I think.
Appointments: therapist tomorrow, doctor's appointment next Monday but I'm going to cancel it because I dislike the doctor very much - I think I posted about him before
Testing: BFN on Sunday 1/6 using FRER; trying to wait until Thursday or Friday before testing again.
Thoughts: I am not feeling a lot of confidence about this cycle in spite of good timing; I think it's just that the reality of the actual chances of conception have set in. I would be pleasantly surprised by a BFP, especially since Tara posted in the Christmas Conceptions thread and eased my mind about the fact that my temps have been pretty low.

FF decided my chart is "possibly triphasic" so we'll see what the next few days bring. AF should be here on Friday, I think, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
#140 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 09:51 PM

Hi my name is Jessica (21) and DH, Chris (26) and I are TTC #2. We have a 17 month old little girl Lailah and can't wait to give her a sister

Name: Jessica
Date: 1/8/2008
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 20, 3dpo
Appointments: None...yet Just interviewing our homebirth Midwife!
Symptoms if they apply: None yet, hopefully in the next two days
Testing: I will start testing on the 15th!
Thoughts: I really really really want this!

Jessica, Single Mama to Lailah(4) and Christopher(2)
#141 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by falsifier View Post
My name is Trish, I'm 24. We are TTC #2. I had my IUD removed yesterday, I ovulated today. BD- sunday and yesterday, so hopefully we will be good.
Trish, are you part of a couple? Is your 1st child a boy or girl? Also, do you have a chart link you'd like to include? I'll add you to the list and I hope your stay is short and sweet!
#142 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 11:09 PM

I was trying sometime last month and tested neg twice. Then a few days later AF came...

I had decided maybe to wait a few more months though, but I wasn't NOT trying.

I realised today I am about 2 weeks past due AF.... hmmmmmm....

SAHM Amber 24      DH Chris 26     DS Aiden  3  BFP for Christmas!!   25****30****35baby.gif***40!! 8/30 It's a stork-girl.gif

#143 of 602 Old 01-08-2008, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame87 View Post
I was trying sometime last month and tested neg twice. Then a few days later AF came...

I had decided maybe to wait a few more months though, but I wasn't NOT trying.

I realised today I am about 2 weeks past due AF.... hmmmmmm....
Oooooo!!!!! GL to you! Keep us updated!
#144 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 AM

Yes, Ayame, that does sound exciting!
#145 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 02:23 AM

AF found me today just like I had expected. At least my cycles are regular, I can be thankful for that. And I am usually incapacitated on CD 1 (had to go to the ER 2 months ago) but since I switched to Instead cups (last cycle) and quit using tampons, my cramps are sooooo manageable. I can't believe how much difference I see. Now that I am pretty sure it wasn't the vitex that was causing my cramps to become more and more intense but the build up of these excess toxins, I'm going to start taking it again this month. I've never felt so happy to get AF....I mean, without being dead from dehydration and losing blood, I actually don't feel to shabby and can't wait for this next month. Got myself a yoga for depression dvd and I've been doing it twice a day and although my dh doesn't put much faith in it, I really do feel a difference and I know this month will be a much happier one.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#146 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 03:11 AM

Name: Janet
Date: 1/8/08
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 15
Symptoms if they apply: extremely sore breasts yesterday and today
Testing: none
Thoughts: I'm new to this ttc thing, but I'm hoping to get pregnant this month because DH is not really excited about the idea. However, he is not doing anything about preventing it either. DTD yesterday and I'm hoping to catch the egg that I think I'm ovulating today.

Mama to Hannah & Hailey 1/5/02 C.J. 2/18/03 Anthony & Jamie 3/23/05 Chuck 10/9/08 42-week Sam 8/9/10 Mae 4/22/12
#147 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Rochelle, I'm so glad that things are looking up for you! Were you around a couple months ago when we were all discussing the Diva cup? I found the same thing - MUCH more manageable periods when I wasn't using toxic menstrual products! And I totally, totally believe in yoga. I mean, think about it. It's all focused on breathing and correct alignment and concentration and all those things put me in a more rested and better frame of mind. And sometimes just clearing my mind of all that excess "stuff" even for a little while makes me more able to deal with it. Normal exercise is awesome too, for the endorphins. I mean, nothing is magic, but I definitely think everyone could benefit and for some people it might just be that one thing they needed.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#148 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 10:34 AM

TaraRae82

Married to wonderful husband for 3 years
Children: we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter (July 2005)
I don't chart.
Yes, I would love some Baby Dust next to my name!!!
#149 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Rochelle, I'm so glad to hear that you feel like things are looking up for you. I believe yoga can help with depression. It might help your DH to know that even in a clinical setting, therapists teach and use meditation techniques to people with mood disorders to help them manage their feelings.

I also have to chime in and agree with those who have found cup-type menstrual products or cloth pads helpful. I absolutely agree. My cramps were so much worse when I used tampons, and I'd get all itchy and horribly uncomfortable with disposable pads. Plus, I always had leakage issues. With the Keeper and Instead cup and cloth pads, these things stop being a problem for me. I wish some of the folks I knew in real life were at least willing to give the menstrual cup a try - they have problems with their cycles and repeated infections and terrible cramps, etc., but usually I get a weird look instead of "hm, might be worth a shot."
#150 of 602 Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Mara I have the same irritating voice sometimes. Even after I get AF, I will think about all those stories of women getting AF while pregnant. Especially this month because AF was very very light, and more brown than red. Then I have to remind myself that my temps are def not supporting this insanity, so ummm no. I know it will happen for real one of these days, but in the mean time all I get is imaginary symptoms .

Tara Don't give up! Still think your chart looks good!
Thanks, Snow~Pea. I POAS last night and again this morning-- nothing. Quite an expensive habit. Ordinarily I wouldn't be jumping the gun like that, but I want to start supplementing progesterone ASAP, *if* I get a BFP. So I'd rather test early. At least once AF comes I can stop the insanity!

P.S. Thanks for teaching me where the "~" exists on the keyboard.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page