Spotting During Ovulation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen to them? Here's my story: I have had all the signs of gearing up for ovulation today. I think I will probably O tonight or tomorrow. Last night I had my SO use a speculum to check my cervix. She said I look nice and fertile (cervix is high, soft, and very open). She also mentioned that I had a very, very tiny amount of blood tinged cervical mucous leaving my cervix. Well, this morning I went pee (OPK looked almost positive but not quite) and when I wiped, the toilet paper also had a little blood on it. I had SO check my cervix again this morning and she said there is still a little blood tinged cervical mucous leaving my cervix. I guess I'll call my midwife today for an appointment just to R/O infection, but this is a bit bothersome.

Sierra

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#2 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 05:32 PM

Bloody egg white mucous should be considered your peak day of fertility.
#3 of 5 Old 08-26-2003, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Huh. I had never heard of blood mucous as a peak fertility sign. :

Sierra

#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2003, 12:19 AM

Taking Charge of Your Fertility 1995 pg. 92

Quote:
Your peak day is the last day of eggwhite-quality cervical fluid or lubricative vaginal sensation, or any midcycle spotting
pg 262

Quote:
Midcycle spotting

About 10% of women will notice that they occasionally have a day or two of spotting about midcycle, right around ovulation. In fact, they may even notice that the fertile cervical fluid is tinged with brown, red, or pink. This is a result of spotting mixed with cervical fluid. It is considered extremely fertile. It's usually due to the sudden drop in estrogen that precedes ovulation, and is nothing to be concerned about. If anything it is a good secondary sign to record on your chart

Hope this helps sending baby dust your way!!
#5 of 5 Old 08-27-2003, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Just goes to show that I've been losing brain cells in the past couple years . I should review TCOYF, or better yet, one of these days I should just get a copy to keep handy. Thanks a lot for the info. That makes me feel a lot better. Oh and thanks for the baby dust too. I can't wait to be preggers!

Sierra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page