Early February Two Week Wait - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CONGRATS!!! TO THE BFP'S!!!!

Well we all say the same thing every cycle. We are not going to pay attention to every little twinge.. I have had REAL twinges and pains that have made me really notice them.. They do not last long.. I am 5 DPO, early I know but these feelings are real.. GAS??? Just my luck..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#122 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 PM

Thanks for all the congratulations ladies! I'm very excited. I'm wishing BFP's for everyone! I'll be checking back regularly.
#123 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM

when you all say twinges and pains, what do you mean?? I was a teen when I was pregnant with my first, and don't remember anything but nausea, wasn't tracking cycles, etc., so i don't know if I had "twinges and pains" or not.

For the past approx. 3 days I've had what feel like cramps, intermittently. It's kind of worried me sometimes, but I'm still over a week away from my expected AF date. Are those the "twinges and pains" you all are talking about? If not, what are they like?

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#124 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

I've never had any really strong twinges. I could have just been imagining them, but they tend to happen around O time. It's seriously like somebody's thumb and finger are lightly pinching my skin, but from the *inside*. Does that make sense? So as for people getting possible pregnancy twinges, I have no idea what that would be like. Probably much stronger.

-
#125 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRSMR View Post
Turtle,
We share the same dates!!! Welcome.. We can be poas buddies!!! I am also due Feb 5th.. BFP's to all of us!!!
Me, too!!!
#126 of 586 Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

nmind

-
#127 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 01:49 AM

Well, DH and I ended up deciding that this month we won't go out of our way, but won't avoid either. So, we'll see. I'm still not sure when I ovulate though. I haven't really had any obvious CM signs since I started charting. The cycle before last, I didn't O until day 30! So it's hard to say. I was going to get some OPKs but that will have to wait until next month.

My temp went up to 98.0 yesterday, but this morning it was 97.2. I have no idea what that means... I'm on CD 15. I guess it's possible I O'd yesterday? But would my temp go back down so far today? If I did, then I def. won't get a BFP this month, since we only just BD'd today this cycle!
#128 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM

well I guess I'm still waiting for the HCG from the trigger shot to be gone. I'm 8dpo today, and 10days-post-hcg-trigger-shot. I got dollar tree tests yesterday and took one and got a positive. Very frustrating cause I had gotten negatives on the other brand I was using the 2 days before.

I then checked the trash and saw that the brand I took the day before showed positive. I don't know if I threw it away too soon, or if it went positive after the 10 min time limit.

took one today (doll.tree) and got the faintest faint positive. So I assume it is the hcg trigger shot stuff gradually leaving. Hopefully I'll get a negative tomorrow am so I can get a REAL positive on Friday!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#129 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 AM

forgot to add that I'm feeling better because my temp went back up, although I didn't check Friday because of not getting sleep, etc., and didn't check all weekend because DH, DC, and I sleep in on the weekends and I forgot to set my alarm so I could take my temp and go back to bed.

#130 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 10:07 AM

They are like little shocks.. They only hurt for a second. They are very low in the pelvic region. Temps this morning 99.7.. 6DPO.. A bit crampy today.. Nothing major though.. Oh my gums bled a little today.. Probably just need a new toothbrush

I am so excited that I have so many pee buddies!!!

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#131 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
Me, too!!!
Yeah!!! Good luck!! Any symptoms for you??

#132 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

I always have things that feel kind of like twinges though, so I don't believe any of it. This morning I had very light cramps for a little bit, and I've been bloated for a couple of days. I just don't trust my body anymore. :

-
#133 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

in a way it feels like Friday will NEVER COME! But in another way, I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment, so I'm feeling like it doesn't matter when I test, or when Friday does or doesn't come because the test is still going to be negative, no matter what

#134 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Hi everyone! DH and I are TTC for the first time this month. I'm new to the whole charting thing, but I think I o'd on Sunday. My period is supposed to be Feb 11, so I'm officially starting my 2ww.
#135 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFlower View Post
in a way it feels like Friday will NEVER COME! But in another way, I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment, so I'm feeling like it doesn't matter when I test, or when Friday does or doesn't come because the test is still going to be negative, no matter what
I feel the exact same way. I don't know why I even bother looking forward to any of it, because in about a week I will be moody, b*tchy, and using tampons again.

-
#136 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:26 AM

I know I shouldn't act this way, because, logically, it IS possible that it might happen sometime. BUT, after ttc for 9 cycles, clomid, trigger shot, and IUI, I feel like ME being one of the ones to post a glorious "BFP!!!" announcement is a ridiculous fantasy. It just doesn't feel or seem real at all that that could possibly be me

#137 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I know I shouldn't act this way, because, logically, it IS possible that it might happen sometime. BUT, after ttc for 9 cycles, clomid, trigger shot, and IUI, I feel like ME being one of the ones to post a glorious "BFP!!!" announcement is a ridiculous fantasy. It just doesn't feel or seem real at all that that could possibly be me
Well, you have a lot better chance than I do because we just went au naturale, and who knows if one or both of us has problems, ya know?

I have that BFP fantasy all the time.

-
#138 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Oh my gums bled a little today.. Probably just need a new toothbrush
My gums bled last nite too! The only other time this has happened was last cycle in the 2ww (I had a chemical pregnancy). I know it's not a real for sure sign, but it's something!

Also, last nite I felt like I had some subtle cramps which intensified after DH and I dtd. It felt just like very light af cramps, but I was only at 5 dpo.

I'm feeling so hopeful for this cycle. I'm not sure if it's just because I don't think I can handle another failed cycle, or maybe I'm having some of that intuition stuff I hear other women talk about . We'll see!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#139 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:

I feel like that all of the time! I day dream about getting a bfp, but in reality I think I will faint from shock if it actually happens!

My cousin got married in September and my mom said she felt like she would probably start trying right away. I basically pleaded with God to let me be next, but guess who announced a pregnancy at Christmas! She had got pregnant like 2 weeks after they got married! I had a dream last nite that she had a baby girl and I was visiting her and my other cousin who just had a baby girl last summer and I was trying so hard not to cry (in my dream). I also had a dream recently that my sil had a baby girl (and she isn't even in a relationship or trying, so I highly doubt this would ever happen). I'm just so jealous, I hate being like this, but it's just so hard when you want something so badly.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent I guess

#140 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

^ I hate that. Everyone I have talked to IRL who has kids either had "Oops"es, got pregnant as soon as they got married, or got pregnant within 1 cycle of trying. I get uber jealous too and it sucks. It just makes me want to bury my head in the sand.

-
#141 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 12:39 PM

Please add me: test date Feb 9th.

Even though I'm 98% sure that I can't be preg...
And that of course I'll be testing before the 9th anyway.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#142 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Gillian-
I can totally relate to you!
All my friends have newborns. One of my closest friends, I told her me and my man were thinking about getting pregnant- but we had to wait a few months for dental surgeries and so forth to finish- anyway, she hadn't even been trying, but since then she got pregnant and had her baby 2 days ago.
another friend I have is 10 yrs younger than I am- and she's due w/her 1st in March. I used to have jealous dreams that she got pg beofre me!
My sister just had her first.
All my friends have kids and noone had trouble getting them.
But- at cycle #5 I am a little more ok somehow.
What helped me- honestly- is the other day I looked at some women who were recently BFP on this site and tracked back some of their stories to when they were TTC. And saw that many of them were just like us- TTC and not sure why it didn't happen yet. But it happened eventually.
I also feel like spring will be here in a few months and all the fertility juices will be flowing.
So this month I am sort of assuming it probably won't happen- but it mght- but the other months I was so desperate for it to happen.
Now I see that I could really take this time to cut back on some bad habits, practice more yoga aand meditation, eat even better, take vitamins.

Well, I vascilate WILDLY from pessimistic to optimistic.
I am sort of training myself to be optimistic in general these days.
My boyfriend and I were having some issues over my pessimism and I finally came to and said to myself that I need to focus on what is GOOD in my life more!
Anyway- I got off on my own self but I wanted to say I know what you feel like with babies all around.
Ours are coming!!!! I hope.
#143 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
I also feel like spring will be here in a few months and all the fertility juices will be flowing.

That sounds soooo dirty! (And it is!) Hahahaha. So do more people get pregnant in the Spring or something? I always thought it was more in the Winter b/c people are together more around the holidays & they cuddle up in warm weather.

-
#144 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Katie - I also go back and forth between optimism and pessimism. Since ovulating I've been doing good. I just have these moments of jealousy. It's frustrating. As much as I don't wish fertility problems on anyone, I'm glad I'm not alone .

Luna - , I don't know if there's any science to that or not. Here in NC it gets super hot starting in April, so I'm worried that if don't concieve by then we may be out for a while b/c heat isn't good for spermies. Or maybe I'm crazy and it doesn't matter

I mentioned this on the 20's board, but I wanted to add here:

It's my 2 year anniversary with DH!! Yay us!

#145 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Katie - I also go back and forth between optimism and pessimism. Since ovulating I've been doing good. I just have these moments of jealousy. It's frustrating. As much as I don't wish fertility problems on anyone, I'm glad I'm not alone .

Luna - , I don't know if there's any science to that or not. Here in NC it gets super hot starting in April, so I'm worried that if don't concieve by then we may be out for a while b/c heat isn't good for spermies. Or maybe I'm crazy and it doesn't matter

I mentioned this on the 20's board, but I wanted to add here:

It's my 2 year anniversary with DH!! Yay us!
Congrats! Our 3 year is in May. It goes by fast!

Yeah it gets hot here really fast too - Tennessee - hey, neighbor!
Last year we had record heat. It was in the 100s for like 4 weeks during August with 98% humidity. Ugh. It was HORRIBLE.

-
#146 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 03:42 PM

Well I went to the Dr today for my cd 12 ultra sound and I had 2 mature eggies. I got my trigger this morning so I should O tomorrow. DH and I will be getting BUSY for the next 4 days. So yay, now when I test on the 10th I should be 12 dpo, and that is DEF as long as I can wait (who am I kidding I will prob test before that but I wont take it seriously til then.)

Oh since we are all kinda bitter over here I can share my story, When DH and I got married my SIL announced she was pregnant AT MY WEDDING. It was horrible, so if I get pregnant this month DH told me I could announce that we are pregnant at the babies first b-day party on 2/23 HAHAHAHAHAHAH. I dont feel like I will be hurting the child bc lets me honest one in the oven is NEVER as exciting as an ADORABLE one shoving cake in her face, but it will bother my SIL since she wont get to be CENTER of attention AGAIN. It just my sweet little revenge on my SIL...MMMWWWWAAHHHHH!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#147 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATED TO HERE

Have fun with DTD Aly!

: Oh, that is SO incredibly RUDE of your SIL to do that!!! I don't care who you are. You do NOT announce a pregnancy, engagement, or otherwise at someone else's wedding! She could have at least waited one day!!! I would definitely want "revenge" after that.

-
#148 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 04:05 PM

I posted in the other thread but wanted to ask here, too. Should my temps be higher at 8dpo???

#149 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

I don’t know honestly. The look pretty good for that early, but I only temped for 1 cycle so I can’t say for sure. It certainly doesn’t look bad! I am the same DPO, but I have no way of knowing anything.

-
#150 of 586 Old 01-28-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Yeah!!! Good luck!! Any symptoms for you??
Well, I felt a pain in my left ovary yesterday and I got all panicky that I missed the O. So DH and I went back to the guest room again after dd went to bed. But then she woke up screaming about 10 minutes later so we had to stop. But at something like 17 or 18 dpo, I've got to be past it right (not temping)? I think I was just overreacting.
Today feeling a little crampy, oh and also tired yesterday.
How about you?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page