: Early FEBRUARY TESTING Dates :

14th:

binkin
Coco99
TTC08
Haydee
mochimama
herbsgirl

*Please let me know if you want to be added, if I put you down for the wrong date, or if you want to change the date! Put it in BOLD, just like the other threads.

-
#2 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My AF is due on your birthday! This is the first cycle of TTC for me, so I'm really excited. I need to go out and get some OPKs. I should be O'ing sometime toward the end of this week/early next week.

I had been a little worried since my AF was lasting so long this cycle, but it finally went away the day before yesterday. Once I input everything into FF, I guess I had 6 days of actual bleeding and the rest was spotting.
#3 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 02:30 PM

If I O when I think I will (CD19) then I'll be in the TWW with you. But, I think I'll skip the obsession this cycle since we are waiting for a doc appt to determine the severity of the sperm issue. I'm just not very hopeful this time. I'll definitely be watching this thread no matter what though!
#4 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 PM

I am on the boat ladies. My AF is due on the 6th. So here is to hoping. I am feeling prett sore actully so I dont know what that means. Its proably just my mind hoping I am pregnant. anyone else do that?
sarah
#5 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Eco_Ma View Post
I am on the boat ladies. My AF is due on the 6th. So here is to hoping. I am feeling prett sore actully so I dont know what that means. Its proably just my mind hoping I am pregnant. anyone else do that?
sarah
I totally do that!!! We have been trying for the last 3 months and I always say my boobs are sore...dh says it is b/c i don't leave them alone!!! I just keep expecting it to happen...i can't believe that my boobs are sore like this just for a period and I never notice it until now!!!???
#6 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

WoodlandFairytale - How cool that you might test on my birthday! If you get a BFP, you should (if you can manage) save the news for your DH until Valentine's Day! Wouldn't that be awesome? You could be really creative with that too. Maybe say something like, "I'm sorry, honey, but your Valentine's gift won't be here until October." Make him do the math & don't explain it unless he's really confused.

Tara - Again, that sucks about your DH's fertility, but I am sending positive thoughts your way that it will just be something minor/easily treated. I can understand not wanting to obsess this time around. I was like that the last couple of months. There's still always a chance though.

Canadian_Eco_Ma - Ooo! We are really close together in our potential testing days! How fun! What CD are you on? I tend to ovulate later than most, so I'm on CD 18 already.

Lori - Ever since TTC, I have also noticed significant breast tenderness around the time of AF as well as during my fertile period. Prior to TTC, I very rarely had breast tenderness, and if I did it was only for a day or two, and not all day long. Even then that only happened a couple times a year. Crazy how we seem to have more "symptoms" while TTC. I wonder if there's any basis to having psychologically-induced physical reactions when TTC, because while I may have imagined *some* symptoms and possibly overreacted to them, I know there are things that don't normally happen that do now.

-
#7 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Filiadeluna, I got a BFP for my Birthday so I hope you get one for yours. I was due to get my period on 12/20 and it never came. I had tested 3 days before that so I already knew but I hope you get a BFP for your Birthday too!!
#8 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 03:52 PM

Hello! I'll hopefully be joining soon. I got a very positive opk today (pic link below), so in theory that gives me 24-36 hours.

(I already posted this on the 20's thread, but I'm so excited about it):
http://gillian28.shutterfly.com/acti...=1201026689978

I'm on day 34 today, so I'm thinking this has got to be the real thing.

I'm planning on staying relaxed this 2ww. I won't be testing unless af doesn't show.

I've had a good feeling about this cycle all month, so I hope this is it!

I hope this is a lucky 2ww thread for all of us!!!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#9 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Gillian - Good luck to you! Wow, I thought *I* had a long cycle sometimes LOL. Is that normal for you, or just something recent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglegs View Post
Filiadeluna, I got a BFP for my Birthday so I hope you get one for yours. I was due to get my period on 12/20 and it never came. I had tested 3 days before that so I already knew but I hope you get a BFP for your Birthday too!!
Thanks, Meg! That's sweet of you. Congrats!

I don't want to jinx myself, but when we first started TTC I kept thinking, "What if I don't get pregnant until right around my birthday?". I kept feeling like maybe it would take that long, and at the time I didn't like the idea of waiting *sooo long* (sense the drama lol). Now it seems like it just might be the right time.

Plus, an friend of mine who looked at my Astrological chart said there would be some chaos/major upheaval right around the time of my birthday and continuing for most of the year. I kept telling her, "Great, just what I need. More stress," but she did point out that it may not be a bad kind of upheaval. Then I got to thinking that if she says it's going to be for most of the year... that could definitely be a sign of all the stress that pregnancy and a new baby can bring.

If it does happen this time, I'd be half tempted to wait until my birthday or Valentine's day to tell DH just for fun. Although that would be more than a week, and I don't know if I could hold it in that long!

Okay I need to shut up now. I'm getting excited already and I've got almost 2 weeks to wait.

-
#10 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
WoodlandFairytale - How cool that you might test on my birthday! If you get a BFP, you should (if you can manage) save the news for your DH until Valentine's Day! Wouldn't that be awesome? You could be really creative with that too. Maybe say something like, "I'm sorry, honey, but your Valentine's gift won't be here until October." Make him do the math & don't explain it unless he's really confused.
That is a cute idea! Unfortunately my DH is a total grouch about Valentine's Day. I don't really mind though, considering that both of our birthdays are right around Christmas so we're kind of gifted out by February. But it would be cute if I were like, 'So, I got you a gift anyway...'

And I totally think there is something to the whole psychologically induced symptoms thing. A friend of mine is a major hypochondriac - she will be utterly convinced that something is wrong (like, say that she's allergic to something) and then suddenly has a verifiable symptom (like a rash), but not really have whatever it is. It's crazy.

I got pregnant a few years ago (ended in m/c at 5 weeks unfortunately) so since I know what the symptoms really feel like, I haven't yet had any of those 'false' symptoms yet. The big one for me last time was my sense of smell - I suddenly realized that everything smelled NASTY to me. DH and I went to a movie and I was like OH MY GOD, how did I never notice before how absolutely disgusting movie theaters smell? And he had some kind of juice in a cup that I kept getting a whiff of and feeling like I was going to puke. I had to take it away from him and put it in another room.
#11 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

WoodlandFairytale – My DH tends to forget V-day a lot which pisses me off b/c I have always LOVED it. I think the main reason I adore V-day is b/c I often had V-day themed birthday parties since it was close to then. I often had a strawberry flavored heart-shaped cake with strawberry icing, heart decorations, etc. It was fun!

Now DH is working retail again & is always around the V-day decorations, so maybe he’ll remember this time! I would love it if he’d just get me roses. He has only bought me flowers ONCE in the 3 years and 3 months we’ve been together, and that was totally randomly & random purple wildflowers of some sort LOL. I’m not a big chocolate person, and I don’t like teddy bears either (I’ve got lots of other sorts of stuffed animals from childhood still). I would just like a romantic dinner, wine, maybe a movie, and some freaking flowers. Maybe a full-body massage followed by some DTD. Is that so much to ask? I always get him a card and some gift.

As for the pregnancy symptoms – how early on did your sense of smell change? Were you still in the 2WW, and if so, approx what DPO? Just curious b/c a lot of people mention this, but many have said it was closer to AF or even after AF was late.

-
#12 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Gillian - Good luck to you! Wow, I thought *I* had a long cycle sometimes LOL. Is that normal for you, or just something recent?
Well, my O date was averaging around day 27, but last cycle it was day 39. So I guess it's not that abnormal for me - unfortunately.

I also had to add that my DH has only bought me flowers once in the almost 6 years we've been together (and it was in the first year we were dating so it's been a while). I love flowers, and I even kept an empty vase on our dining table for a few months to try and remind him daily, but still nothing.
*sigh* He's just not a flower guy - but I love him .

#13 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 04:29 PM

filiadeluna-

My DH occasionally surprises me with like a single really cool orchid bloom but it has to be on a 'random' day, not a day I'd expect flowers. He doesn't like buying a whole bunch because he's always disappointed with how quickly they die.

Since I hadn't been expecting to get pregnant, I didn't test until a week after AF was due (I had always had really funky cycles - this was during a 3-month time period when I ran out of BCP and was lazy about getting more). But, I noticed the smell thing about a week before that so yeah, right around when AF was due. The other symptoms I had were sore boobs, loss of appetite and a very full tender feeling in my lower abdomen - those started I'd say four or five days before AF was due. (ETA: I didn't think anything of those symptoms at the time since I equated them with starting AF)
#14 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM

Thanks, Meg! That's sweet of you. Congrats!

I don't want to jinx myself, but when we first started TTC I kept thinking, "What if I don't get pregnant until right around my birthday?". I kept feeling like maybe it would take that long, and at the time I didn't like the idea of waiting *sooo long* (sense the drama lol). Now it seems like it just might be the right time.

Plus, an friend of mine who looked at my Astrological chart said there would be some chaos/major upheaval right around the time of my birthday and continuing for most of the year. I kept telling her, "Great, just what I need. More stress," but she did point out that it may not be a bad kind of upheaval. Then I got to thinking that if she says it's going to be for most of the year... that could definitely be a sign of all the stress that pregnancy and a new baby can bring.

If it does happen this time, I'd be half tempted to wait until my birthday or Valentine's day to tell DH just for fun. Although that would be more than a week, and I don't know if I could hold it in that long!

Okay I need to shut up now. I'm getting excited already and I've got almost 2 weeks to wait.

Thank you!! How long have you been trying. The time it happened it was our 5th consecutive try. I doubt you will be able to keep it from your husband for a week but I am very impatient so that is why I could never wait. I planned on waiting to test till I actually missed my period which was due on my Birthday (which was a Thursday), I wound up testing that Monday because I just didn't feel right. Don't listen to people who say you can't feel any different right away. I felt queasy 5dpo and it kept coming and going along with awful hot flashes, I thought there was something really wrong with me or thought I was just making the symptoms happen like I did other months, this time was different though I just didn't feel right. I tested early for that reason and becuase i knew I would be drinking heavily on my birthday if I wasn't pregnant. Good luck to you! I hope it happens for you this month and hopefully all of these signs are showing that it's going to happen this month!!
#15 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Gillian - I O'd around CD 35 one cycle so I feel your pain. That was probably due to Vitex on my part, though. Glad to see my DH isn't the only one.

WoodlandFairytale- Another (almost) non-flower-giving husband! LOL. Also, thanks for the info!

Meg- This is our 4th cycle. Thanks for sharing your symptoms! I sure hope this is "it", but my hopes have failed me before. I probably will cave and tell him right away, but I want to have at least a few hours or a day where I know & he doesn't so I can plot how to tell him.

-
#16 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 06:33 PM

AF is due on the 14th and since we don't celebrate Valentine's day, it would be wonderful and hilarious to get a BFP on that day.
#17 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 06:43 PM

I want to join too....

AF should be due on FEB 12 but since I have no idea when I will O (I'm on clomid and get an HCG trigger when my eggies are ready to hatch hahah) Last month I o'd right on CD 14 so that is what I am planning on again.

So if that is true I will be testing on the 10th (HAHAHA I always test early) and my EDD will be 10/23/08

PLEASE OH PLEASE LET THIS BE OUR MONTH. (I had my HSG today and they say that increases your chances during the cycle you had it, so I'm really praying over here) Also I turn 27 this month, it would be really nice to be pregnant on my birthday!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#18 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 PM

My birthday is on the 6th! Let's hope we both get birthday surprises!

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#19 of 586 Old 01-22-2008, 08:28 PM

Another 2WWer here.

I O'd on 1/20
AF is due 2/3
EDD would be 10/12, which is five days before DH's birthday.

We're really hoping this will be it, because that EDD is getting awfully close to the holidays. (DS is a Boxing Day baby and there are two other Christmas-time birthdays in our family.) This is cycle #5 for us, we had an early m/c on cycle #2, which was also the cycle # we got pregnant on with DS.

Here's to finding ourselves knocked up!
#20 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 08:10 AM

Luna
I o'd on the 6th. So that would be 17days....periods due sometime in the first week of Feb. I really hope this is it. I love the trying thing, but then I just want it done to..lol
wow...
Ya my boobs are super sore and I am feeling super sick , tired, and already hungry. This def feels like my other pregnancies, but I am still not saying for sure in my mind just in case I am being tricked.
#21 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM

The RE doctor told me to start testing Feb 1st...of course I won't be waiting THAT long to test I had the trigger shot last Friday and read that when you get the trigger shot it's good to do a pg test every day after that, so that you'll be able to tell when the HCG hormone is out of your system. That way if the you get positives at first, then negative, then positive again, you know it's because your pg, whereas if you don't test at all and get a positive in a couple weeks, it may just be because you still have the hcg hormone from the shot...so you're left wondering, fretting, etc.

o.k., at least I would be, lol!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#22 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 AM

#23 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 11:04 AM

forgot to add my details

I did 100mg clomid days 5-9. Got positive LH opk test last Friday (1/18/08). nurse at RE doc said to do trigger shot, so did trigger around 3pm that day. IUI completed Saturday (1/19/08) aruond 9:30am.

Ovulated the next day (Sunday, 1/20/08). RE nurse said I can start testing 2 weeks after trigger shot, so that's why it's next Friday, the 1st.

So right now I'm on CD21, 3DPO

According to my past cycles, I'm actualy not expecting AF until around Feb 5th, though.

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#24 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by favrielle View Post
I O'd on 1/20, due for AF on 2/4. DH will be home again on 2/2, so I'm thinking of testing that morning. Anyone want to be test buddies?
We O'd on the same day! I'll be testing way before the 4th, though, lol. can't wait that long, plus I need to do the test every day at least till I get my first bfn so I know when the remains of the trigger shot are officially out of my system.

#25 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Elspethshimon – That would be pretty funny if you got a BFP on V-Day since you don’t celebrate it. Maybe tell him, “I think you’re going to fall in love with someone else”. and then when he asks what the heck you are talking about, say, “Our baby”.

Aly – Cool… Lincoln’s Bday! LOL.

Madalyn – Yay for Aquarians & Feb Babies! How old will you be? (If you don’t mind my asking).

Lizajane – I O’d on the same day & would have the same EDD! How awesome!

Canadian_Eco_Mo – You O’d on the 6th and your AF isn’t due till Feb? I’m confused.

GreenFlower – You’ll be one of our first testers, then! WOW, you O’d on the 20th too?

Favrielle – Another 1/20 O’er! Haha are FOUR of us who O’d on the same day! We can have a club within a club! LOL.

Okay, I am going to make a little “Testing Dates” chart in my first post when I get the chance!

-
#26 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Aly – Cool… Lincoln’s Bday! LOL.

[/B]
Yes I did always have dream's of finding out I am pregnant on Lincolns Birthday....HAHAHAH Maybe now i can cross that one off my list!

GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#27 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 03:44 PM

I'll join in. I'm due to test Feb. 1 or 2, and my EDD would be October 10. This is month 6 for us, so I'm really praying that this is it.

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#28 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 04:22 PM

I'm in, too. My period is due February 1, but if I wait till 14 dpo I'll be testing on Super Bowl Sunday!

It's our 2nd cycle ttc, and w/ my long cycles my doc has prescribed clomid. So if it doesn't work this cycle I'll be doing that next cycle to try and move O up to a "normal" timeframe.

DH is hoping this is our month, b/c he really wanted an October baby. We'll see!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#29 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatholicBFMama View Post
I'll join in. I'm due to test Feb. 1 or 2, and my EDD would be October 10. This is month 6 for us, so I'm really praying that this is it.
I hear ya! this is about month 9 for us...first one since finding out about DHs SA

#30 of 586 Old 01-23-2008, 06:25 PM

I'm officially 1 dpo!! This is our 7th cycle trying, but with my long cycles that works out to almost 10 months (tomorrow was my first 2ww edd) . I'm very hopeful about this cycle though! My edd will be October 14th!

Filiadeluna - I'm gonna wait til af is due (in theory, anyway ). So put me at Feb. 5

DH had a dream the night before I ovulated that we were celebrating because we just found out I was pregnant! The only problem is, he said in his dream he looked at the calender and it was March 14. So that is about perfect timing for my next cycle, but I'm hoping his dream just had the dates wrong .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page