Nursing Mamas TTC in February! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 270 Old 02-08-2008, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to join. I am nursing my 15 month old, but would like to conceive anytime, ideally between May and October, though. I still don't have AF, ugghhh. We're down to 5 nursings a day and 2 at night. I really would like to have fewer, but he's so attached, and he needs me, ya know? I can't tell if I've ovulated yet. I have a ton of mucous all the time and I've had cramping at different times, but still no AF. Before DS was born, I had a very irregular periods because I was overweight, but I've lost 25 pounds, so I'm hoping that will help. I just really want a BFP!! I wish my body would figure stuff out!!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#62 of 270 Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 PM

please put me back in waiting to O
AF showed up definitively today but at least i can stop obsessing for a few days
wishing lots of baby dust to the other nursing mamas on this board...
#63 of 270 Old 02-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Well, after an early faint positive, then a bunch of negatives, I went for a blood test, which was negative. This would be alright, if not for the matter of my pregnant-looking belly. The night I got the results, my husband and I decided that I had to be pregnant despite the negative results, and that we'd just wait it out and keep measuring my belly, and take another hpt in a while to see what happened. That night I spotted a little, and I thought it was from the pelvic exam I had. Early yesterday morning I started to bleed like a heavy period.

I cried all day yesterday, because I just know that I was pregnant because of the changes in my body. I still am not sure what's going on, and I'm hoping my belly goes back to normal. I don't know if this was a chemical pregnancy or what, but today I'm ready to be optimistic again and feeling positive, though really just hoping that my body goes back to normal soon! So I suppose I am

waiting to O!

I also ordered Take Charge of Your Fertility and a basal thermometer from Amazon, which I am excited about, and joined Fertility Friend so I can start charting.

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#64 of 270 Old 02-08-2008, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
I would like to join. I am nursing my 15 month old, but would like to conceive anytime, ideally between May and October, though. I still don't have AF, ugghhh. We're down to 5 nursings a day and 2 at night. I really would like to have fewer, but he's so attached, and he needs me, ya know? I can't tell if I've ovulated yet. I have a ton of mucous all the time and I've had cramping at different times, but still no AF. Before DS was born, I had a very irregular periods because I was overweight, but I've lost 25 pounds, so I'm hoping that will help. I just really want a BFP!! I wish my body would figure stuff out!!
Welcome! Congrats on the weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic2chic View Post
AF showed up definitively today but at least i can stop obsessing for a few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. pacman View Post
Well, after an early faint positive, then a bunch of negatives, I went for a blood test, which was negative. This would be alright, if not for the matter of my pregnant-looking belly. The night I got the results, my husband and I decided that I had to be pregnant despite the negative results, and that we'd just wait it out and keep measuring my belly, and take another hpt in a while to see what happened. That night I spotted a little, and I thought it was from the pelvic exam I had. Early yesterday morning I started to bleed like a heavy period.

I cried all day yesterday, because I just know that I was pregnant because of the changes in my body. I still am not sure what's going on, and I'm hoping my belly goes back to normal. I don't know if this was a chemical pregnancy or what, but today I'm ready to be optimistic again and feeling positive, though really just hoping that my body goes back to normal soon! So I suppose I am

waiting to O!

I also ordered Take Charge of Your Fertility and a basal thermometer from Amazon, which I am excited about, and joined Fertility Friend so I can start charting.
Oh mama, I'm so sorry Welcome to the Wonderful (obsessive ) World of Charting!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#65 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 AM

Can you remove me ? DD is officially weaned...well, basically. So I'm not a nursing mama anymore
#66 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic2chic View Post
Oh No!
I'm really sad for you--I just invited you to join KJRSMR and my "boat" over on the February 2ww thread. You give me hope for conceiving even with nursing around the clock, as you said your dd was conceived on the first try. I hope next cycle is the one for you!

Well, I went to a Women's Center today which conveniently is next to the co-op where we shop and got a free test! BFN
Ugh--I should have just waited to see if AF wasn't coming and then tested. I am at CD 30 which is not unusual for me to still have AF, but she's not coming. Hope she stays away this weekend, too.
#67 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 AM

thanks for the kind wishes, mochimama. i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you
(and i went and got an OPK for this month, so i feel i'm at least doing something productive)
#68 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:

waiting to O!

Ugghh, I can't imagine how bad that must suck.
Hugs to you.

#69 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Thank you guys for your support. You are all a wonderful bunch of women, and I'm glad we're here to support each other!

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#70 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Can anybody here help me figure this out? I O'd on chart day 20 according to FF. I've had three cycles, all 30 days. I've had high temps for first 6days of LP and soreness when nursing. Yesterday my temp went down from 36.88C to 36.77C and today it's down to 36.74C (day 8 of my LP) and nipple pain has stopped.
Does this mean AF is on her way or is there still hope?
I also forgot to take my Vitex for the past two days and I'm wondering if that lead to a drop in progesterone?
FWIW my coverline is 36.5C.
Thanks for any insight
Tiffany
#71 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Can you please move me to 2ww? Fertility friend gave me crosshairs then took them away when I entered today's temp. What do you all think?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c42f1

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#72 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom View Post
Can you remove me ? DD is officially weaned...well, basically. So I'm not a nursing mama anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
Oh No!
I'm really sad for you--I just invited you to join KJRSMR and my "boat" over on the February 2ww thread. You give me hope for conceiving even with nursing around the clock, as you said your dd was conceived on the first try. I hope next cycle is the one for you!

Well, I went to a Women's Center today which conveniently is next to the co-op where we shop and got a free test! BFN
Ugh--I should have just waited to see if AF wasn't coming and then tested. I am at CD 30 which is not unusual for me to still have AF, but she's not coming. Hope she stays away this weekend, too.
Stay away AF!!! :

Quote:
Thank you guys for your support. You are all a wonderful bunch of women, and I'm glad we're here to support each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3feb2 View Post
Can anybody here help me figure this out? I O'd on chart day 20 according to FF. I've had three cycles, all 30 days. I've had high temps for first 6days of LP and soreness when nursing. Yesterday my temp went down from 36.88C to 36.77C and today it's down to 36.74C (day 8 of my LP) and nipple pain has stopped.
Does this mean AF is on her way or is there still hope?
I also forgot to take my Vitex for the past two days and I'm wondering if that lead to a drop in progesterone?
FWIW my coverline is 36.5C.
Thanks for any insight
Tiffany
Oh yes, there is definitely still hope! 8 DPO is just way too early to know anything for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan'smom View Post
Can you please move me to 2ww? Fertility friend gave me crosshairs then took them away when I entered today's temp. What do you all think?
I agree with you. 2WW it is! :

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#73 of 270 Old 02-09-2008, 10:49 PM

I have such a predicament. DS acts like he needs to nurse more than I'm wanting to nurse because I want to start ovulating. I'm starting to have bad feelings about it all. I know he needs me a lot. And I in no way want to wean, but every time we nurse, I feel like I'm just going a step away from fertility. Do I sound horrible??

#74 of 270 Old 02-10-2008, 02:06 PM

Ok, after this a.m.'s temp, FF gave me crosshairs on CD15 and I'm 3DPO. If I **do** get AF this cycle, I hope it at least stays away 7 more days. I'm beginning to think I have a short LP. I'm really trying not to get my hopes up this time like I did last month, but that's easier said than done!

Good luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#75 of 270 Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I have such a predicament. DS acts like he needs to nurse more than I'm wanting to nurse because I want to start ovulating. I'm starting to have bad feelings about it all. I know he needs me a lot. And I in no way want to wean, but every time we nurse, I feel like I'm just going a step away from fertility. Do I sound horrible??
No, you don't sound horrible. I think most of us have had or do have those feelings during this time. We would love to have another babe, but the one we have right now needs us in such a special way. It can be very conflicting. Just wanted to give you a

#76 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry for your worries. You don't sound horrible, just conflicted.

It's a hard decision, but unless you're in a special rush to get started on baby #2 (worries about your age, health, etc.) you might try giving it another few months. Your son is 15 months old? He's still so young. My period returned when my son was 14 months old and still nursing around the clock, so maybe your time will come soon. Hugs, mama!
#77 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierdan'sMom View Post
I haven't gotten there yet myself -- but I can see it coming, and I know I'll feel so sad at the end of this wonderful era. So here's a special post-nursing hug for you!
#78 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
I cried all day yesterday, because I just know that I was pregnant because of the changes in my body. I still am not sure what's going on, and I'm hoping my belly goes back to normal. I don't know if this was a chemical pregnancy or what, but today I'm ready to be optimistic again and feeling positive, though really just hoping that my body goes back to normal soon!
I'm so sorry. I hope charting is fun and productive for you, and that your body recovers soon! Let's hear it for optimism, right?
#79 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 11:09 AM

Hey ladies, waiting for a + or af!!! My period should come today or tommorow. I broke down and tested yesterday but I don't know what I was thinking, it was my
7th morning's pee, and I had 3cups of coffee and 2 cups juice!!! Of course it was a bfn, but it could be because well, i'm not pg!!1 hopefully it's not that though! If I don't get af by tue I'm testing wed. morn. wish me luck!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#80 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 11:59 AM

ms. pacman: hope you are doing better
Katiedidbug: I don't think you should feel bad--it's all the ebbs and flows of the nursing relationship. I hope your cycles return to normal soon so your next little peanut can come along

ASF: no AF this weekend or this morning!!!! I'm on CD33 which is a little late for me, but not unreasonable. I'm kind of mad at myself for testing last week because I got false hopes, then bummed out... I'm going to retest on Valentine's Day if AF stays away. Dd is doing this weird pulling thing while nursing that is making me more than a little crazy. Definitely an attention getter.

Hope all is well this Monday ladies. Hope for lots of BFPs this week!
#81 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Hey ladies, waiting for a + or af!!! My period should come today or tommorow. I broke down and tested yesterday but I don't know what I was thinking, it was my
7th morning's pee, and I had 3cups of coffee and 2 cups juice!!! Of course it was a bfn, but it could be because well, i'm not pg!!1 hopefully it's not that though! If I don't get af by tue I'm testing wed. morn. wish me luck!
I hope it's going to be good news!!

I tested yesterday, too, because I'm highly obsessive. However, I have been having weird cramps that intensify when I nurse, I've been really tired (2 1/2 hour nap yesterday - weird and two hour nap this morning while mom was watching DS). Also, I have had some nauseous feelings. The test was BFN. If these symptoms persist, though, I'm going to retest. I'm sure I'm just being an obsessive weirdo, lol. But I have those ziploc baggy pg tests that cost next to nothing to buy, so I can test away, lol.

#82 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm 10 DPO today, so this is the last day of my usual 9/10 day LP. I had no temp drop today, which was good. I also have no spotting, although starting yesterday I had a lot of pressure and ache from my pelvic organ prolapses, which usually means my period is on its way. I also got a negative on a 25-sensitivity test this morning, but at 10 DPO there's no surprise there!

When I compare my last three charts, I can see that today's temp is 0.4 degrees higher than the previous highest temp at 10 DPO. Could that mean anything? Maybe. But since I ovulated at CD 13 instead of CD 17/18, this could also be a radically different cycle.

Only time will tell!

[x-posted]
#83 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Of course it was a bfn, but it could be because well, i'm not pg!!
#84 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 02:09 PM

I'm excited to hear the results of the upcoming tests! Anybody holding out for Valentine's day?

I'm thinking I might have a chance this month. I had a pretty good dip in my temps the last two days, and now my temp is up higher than it's ever been at 11 DPO. Plus I'm super bloated, which I never really get bloated unless I'm pg. I took a test this morning and had such a faint line that I had to really squint to see it, so I might have just wanted it to be there, but I'm hoping it was just faint b/c I'm only 11 DPO.

Good luck ladies!
#85 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM

ok, not sure if this cycle is wacky because it's only my 3rd PP cycle or what... I have taken several tests as recently as Friday and BFN. But on Saturday I had some morning spotting. Thought it was actually AF starting, but nothing since then. Either my cycle is still trying to "regulate" itself, or slight possibility I'm pg??? Now I feel like I've wasted too many pg tests early on so I'm waiting for the ones I ordered online to get here before testing again. Maybe by Vday?!!
#86 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post
I'm excited to hear the results of the upcoming tests! Anybody holding out for Valentine's day?

I'm thinking I might have a chance this month. I had a pretty good dip in my temps the last two days, and now my temp is up higher than it's ever been at CD 11. Plus I'm super bloated, which I never really get bloated unless I'm pg. I took a test this morning and had such a faint line that I had to really squint to see it, so I might have just wanted it to be there, but I'm hoping it was just faint b/c I'm only on CD 11.

Good luck ladies!
I'm sending good thoughts hoping that faint line was the real thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
ok, not sure if this cycle is wacky because it's only my 3rd PP cycle or what... I have taken several tests as recently as Friday and BFN. But on Saturday I had some morning spotting. Thought it was actually AF starting, but nothing since then. Either my cycle is still trying to "regulate" itself, or slight possibility I'm pg??? Now I feel like I've wasted too many pg tests early on so I'm waiting for the ones I ordered online to get here before testing again. Maybe by Vday?!!
I love the tests that I bought online. THey are so super cheap. Which ones did you get?

#87 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I love the tests that I bought online. THey are so super cheap. Which ones did you get?
I got them from saveontests.com and I'm hoping they'll be here soon!
#88 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee21 View Post
I'm thinking I might have a chance this month. I had a pretty good dip in my temps the last two days, and now my temp is up higher than it's ever been at CD 11. Plus I'm super bloated, which I never really get bloated unless I'm pg. I took a test this morning and had such a faint line that I had to really squint to see it, so I might have just wanted it to be there, but I'm hoping it was just faint b/c I'm only on CD 11.
You mean 11 DPO! I was wondering how you could expect to be pregnant only 11 days into your cycle. And your chart looks great!
#89 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
You mean 11 DPO! I was wondering how you could expect to be pregnant only 11 days into your cycle. And your chart looks great!
LOL I just caught that! I'm such a ditz today! I guess my mind is more on the blizzard we currently have going on here. :
#90 of 270 Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM

Hey ladies!!! Well I got my period today!! Bummer But I was doing the math and I guess I've only been trying for 7mo, which in the big scheam of things (I have about 25 years of fertility if I'm lucky, I'm 22) isn't that bad. I'm trying to stay + I'm gonna stop taking the red clover this month and focus on my yoga/meditation, start taking my vitex again, and de-stress!!! Urgh was really hoping this was it but for some strange reason this am when I felt that disticitve "gush" when I stood up, went to the bathroom, put on a pad, contiuned on with my day, it took me until the next pad change to feel that: "hey I'm not pg!!!! Urgh!!!! I'm so mad, sad, depressed!!" it toome a while to get mad!! and reliaze this!!! I guess after tryingg for so long, you get lowered expectations ? anyway good luck mamas! Testing soon!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page