Nursing Mamas TTC in February! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-27-2008, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
I guess please move me to the success stories, I've had two BFP's two days in a row.....and I don't know when it happened lol.
: congratulations!

Since I'm sure you're all wondering whether I was able to have better self-control today, (lol!) I thought I'd post links to my BF?. The ? was there within the time limit but it was scanned maybe 20-30 minutes after POAS. I scanned it between the 7dpo and the 8dpo tests for comparison.

unaltered

with contrast turned totally down

Only time will tell... I'm not busting out the birth announcements yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 02:35 PM

thefragile7393: : congratulations!!

because: i'm soooo excited for you! that middle one looks pretty unmistakable!!!

(you're making my own willpower waver here... but i'm still trying to hold out till saturday)
Old 02-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post

Since I'm sure you're all wondering whether I was able to have better self-control today, (lol!) I thought I'd post links to my BF?. The ? was there within the time limit but it was scanned maybe 20-30 minutes after POAS. I scanned it between the 7dpo and the 8dpo tests for comparison.

unaltered

I totally see it!! Hopefully it is more obvious in the next few days

I am now cycle day 27 of my 1st pp cycle & thought I might be o'ing soon, but now I am back to not being sure. Oh well! Honestly I don't want to get pg until atleast May anyway, to avoid another Dec baby & allow more space between #2 & #3 So I guess the next few months will be all about getting familiar with my cycles & fertility signs again.

Anyone have any ideas for 'charting' your signs/cycles w/o temping?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I guess please move me to the success stories, I've had two BFP's two days in a row.....and I don't know when it happened lol.
Congrats!! :

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
:: congratulation!!!

Quote:

unaltered

I definitely see the line on the middle test!!

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Any takers for March thread hostess?

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Can I be put in the Waiting to catch the first PP egg? Thanks!

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

Old 02-28-2008, 11:04 AM

Hi! I'm Ruth and have an 18 month old daughter Hannah and we just started trying for #2. Well, trying is relative, since I haven't had a PPAF yet....

So just throw me in the hoping to catch the first PP egg category!
Old 02-28-2008, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Just repeating myself

Really, the job is easy, and hardly takes any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
Can I be put in the Waiting to catch the first PP egg? Thanks!
Welcome! Hope your stay here is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommy2006 View Post
Hi! I'm Ruth and have an 18 month old daughter Hannah and we just started trying for #2. Well, trying is relative, since I haven't had a PPAF yet....

So just throw me in the hoping to catch the first PP egg category!
My DD is Hannah, too! Welcome, and I hope your stay is short!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

unaltered

Did you test again???

Old 02-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Did you test again???

Yep. Hang on, I'm scanning and uploading... I need opinions.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:27 PM

The IC didn't scan well and it was so light that DH didn't believe me. He "authorized" an expensive HPT purchase for proof . While I'm not having trouble seeing the lines, I'm worried because I feel so good. Stupid, huh? But my tell tale symptoms from the last two aren't there (yet?) like swollen lymph nodes, etc.

Here's what I've got:

ICs 8-9-10 dpo unaltered

FRER with FMU (top) and TMU (bottom) unaltered

Same FRERs but altered
Old 02-28-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
The IC didn't scan well and it was so light that DH didn't believe me. He "authorized" an expensive HPT purchase for proof . While I'm not having trouble seeing the lines, I'm worried because I feel so good. Stupid, huh? But my tell tale symptoms from the last two aren't there (yet?) like swollen lymph nodes, etc.

Here's what I've got:

ICs 8-9-10 dpo unaltered

Same FRERs but altered
I see it on all of them! Every pregnancy is different, enjoy the 'feeling good' & your cuz it is very real! I did the same thing w/ DS2's pregnancy. In fact I threw away the 1st test becuase I didn't see the line. Then DH saw it in the trash, pulled it out & was mad because I didn't tell him we were preg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany
Just repeating myself

Really, the job is easy, and hardly takes any time.
I am new to this thread & have never hosted a thread before. Is it just starting the thread & keeping people listed in the correct catagory on the 1st post?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:50 PM

DH and I have been TTC for about a year now. DS is 19 months and still no PP AF. I haven't been that serious about it in the past few months (and not really lurking here anymore). But I think I am back. I am going to try everything at once this time. I am starting Vitex again, changing around my diet again (and reading lots about fertility and diet: http://www.newsweek.com/id/73354), trying to gain weight, etc. I am really hoping this does it. Even if we don't get a BFP, I just want a visit from AF to know I am on the way to a BFP. My husbands sister just had her baby this last week, and holding the little angel really has put a fire under our butts I think. And my brother and his wife are due in May, plus multiple pregnant friends right now. So babies and pregnant women are every where, and I just want to be one. I am so hoping to catch the first PP egg, but it's strange cause I am probably one of the only women in this forum that just wants her AF to come. Then maybe I could start charting!

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 PM

maciascl & robin welcome!!

robin: most extended-nursing moms actually ovulate the first time before their first PPAF (especially if it's past 18 months or so). so, you could ovulate before AF even shows up. good luck!

because: i'm thrilled for you -- that sure looks like a positive to me! by the way, i'm just curious: do you have any symptoms yet? (i have none, so of course that's worrying me)

so, i'm starting to buckle under the pressure & thinking about testing tomorrow morning (11 dpo) instead of saturday, as i had planned. at this point, every hour seems excruciating. (even DH, who's still pretty clueless about how these cycles work, was asking when i was going to know.) i have one FRER sitting in my bathroom -- anyone who'd like to talk me out of it, please do (though there's something hugely appealing about getting a BFP on leap day, isn't there? )
Old 02-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:

Here's what I've got:

ICs 8-9-10 dpo unaltered

Same FRERs but altered
Just wondering, what does FRER, FMU and TMU mean? Thanks! (and congrats, because, they look pretty positive to me!)
Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 PM

Robin, your plans sound great! Is your DS still nursing at night? That may have a big impact, too. Welcome and good luck!

maciascl, Welcome! Yeah, I think that's pretty much all there is to threadkeeping.

Chic, Do it!!! 11 dpo is really reasonable. Especially if you open the cartridge, carefully cut the test strip lengthwise, reinstall one half, take the test as normal. You get two tests for the price of one! I have NO symptoms that would make me think that anything was going on if I didn't know my cycle. Seriously, I didn't have a PPAF, wouldn't have known I ovulated if I weren't charting, and wouldn't suspect anything yet. Back when I thought I had will power, I was planning to wait for the 29th. Remember, that's it's still really early and anything can happen but a BFP would be so fun. OK, are you convinced?

FMU = first morning urine; SMU = second m.u.; TMU = third... Most tests say that FMU will be the most concentrated and give you a better result but anecdoteally testing later in the day is better for some women. I cut the test in half and tried both.

The FRERs are both significantly darker now that they are dried. The BW is significantly harder to see. Weird.

Anyway, it's just starting to sink it. More tests to come - at least until I'm convinced. Then maybe I'll put the millions of OPKs and HPTs and herbs and whatnot up for sale around here because this is definitely our last one.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Chic, Do it!!! 11 dpo is really reasonable. Especially if you open the cartridge, carefully cut the test strip lengthwise, reinstall one half, take the test as normal. You get two tests for the price of one! I have NO symptoms that would make me think that anything was going on if I didn't know my cycle. Seriously, I didn't have a PPAF, wouldn't have known I ovulated if I weren't charting, and wouldn't suspect anything yet. Back when I thought I had will power, I was planning to wait for the 29th. Remember, that's it's still really early and anything can happen but a BFP would be so fun. OK, are you convinced?
you twisted my arm. (gee, that was hard) if my temp is still up in the a.m., i'll POAS.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Here's what I've got:

ICs 8-9-10 dpo unaltered

Same FRERs but altered
Quote:
The FRERs are both significantly darker now that they are dried. The BW is significantly harder to see. Weird.

Anyway, it's just starting to sink it. More tests to come - at least until I'm convinced. Then maybe I'll put the millions of OPKs and HPTs and herbs and whatnot up for sale around here because this is definitely our last one.
Yay!!! :: When you feel more convinced I'll move you to success stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am new to this thread & have never hosted a thread before. Is it just starting the thread & keeping people listed in the correct catagory on the 1st post?
Yep, that's it! Easy peasy! You want it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic2chic View Post
so, i'm starting to buckle under the pressure & thinking about testing tomorrow morning (11 dpo) instead of saturday, as i had planned. at this point, every hour seems excruciating. (even DH, who's still pretty clueless about how these cycles work, was asking when i was going to know.) i have one FRER sitting in my bathroom -- anyone who'd like to talk me out of it, please do (though there's something hugely appealing about getting a BFP on leap day, isn't there? )
Quote:
you twisted my arm. (gee, that was hard) if my temp is still up in the a.m., i'll POAS.
I think 11dpo is reasonable! : and we'll be waiting for an update first thing!

Old 02-29-2008, 12:28 AM

Quote:

What's your usual LP? I'll be waiting with baited breath!
Old 02-29-2008, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi, I've never posted to this thread but I am sooo ready for #2 No ppaf yet, and *everything* looks like a pregnancy symptom, or even ovulation. I used to be able to feel ovulation, but lately I feel all kinds of twinges and such that feel like it might be ovulation. But I kinda think they must be adhesions from the c section

Anyway, I figured this was a good place to ask this question I've been wondering. I've seen several polls asking how old the nursling is when most people get ppaf. well I was wondering, regardless of the age of the nursling, how much nursing vs solid foods were they getting when af returned? what about night nursing?

eta: oh, I guess I belong under waiting to catch the first egg

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 AM

well, i got the first BFN of leap day to report. i went ahead and tested because of my temp jump... (it was a FRER)
Old 02-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
well, i got the first BFN of leap day to report. i went ahead and tested because of my temp jump... (it was a FRER)
Awww! You are not out of the game, Chic! Look at those temps! 11dpo is really early, not to mention that you could have O'd even a day later than that. Did you crack apart the test and get a closer look at the strip? Has anything shown up after the time limit?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
Hi, I've never posted to this thread but I am sooo ready for #2 No ppaf yet, and *everything* looks like a pregnancy symptom, or even ovulation. I used to be able to feel ovulation, but lately I feel all kinds of twinges and such that feel like it might be ovulation. But I kinda think they must be adhesions from the c section

Anyway, I figured this was a good place to ask this question I've been wondering. I've seen several polls asking how old the nursling is when most people get ppaf. well I was wondering, regardless of the age of the nursling, how much nursing vs solid foods were they getting when af returned? what about night nursing?

eta: oh, I guess I belong under waiting to catch the first egg
Welcome! My DD was 8 months when PPAF showed, and she had started tasting solids at that point, but ate no more than a teaspoon every few days. My LP was short til she was 16 months old and started eating solids on a daily basis, probably about 75% of intake was still breastmilk. She literally just started sleeping through the night most nights. Hopefully those twinges is your body gearing up to O!

Quote:
Oh no! Your temps look awesome, though. : for that BFP next time you test.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I would step up, but I volunteered to do The One Thread for the first week in March, and I think that might even be more than I can handle.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Awww! You are not out of the game, Chic! Look at those temps! 11dpo is really early, not to mention that you could have O'd even a day later than that. Did you crack apart the test and get a closer look at the strip? Has anything shown up after the time limit?
nope, not even the faintest evap (i just fished it back out of the trash, 6 hours later).

Quote:
Oh no! Your temps look awesome, though. : for that BFP next time you test.

thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts.
just got home from some errands where i happened to come across some FRERs on sale so i guess i'll be testing again pretty soon. i have no idea how long my LP is usually -- last cycle it was 14 but that was the first i'd ever charted. (AF is due monday or tuesday)

we have a weekend trip planned tomorrow, and next week we're celebrating my birthday & going to 2 parties... so at least if i'm not pg i'll be able to console myself
Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Yep, that's it! Easy peasy! You want it?

Sure, I'll give it a try. Be gentle with me ladies, it is my 1st time

Old 02-29-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
we have a weekend trip planned tomorrow, and next week we're celebrating my birthday & going to 2 parties... so at least if i'm not pg i'll be able to console myself
Sounds like a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Sure, I'll give it a try. Be gentle with me ladies, it is my 1st time
Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!! I'll email you the list tonight

Old 03-01-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
First you have to set up a public FF page using "Homepage set-up." That gives you a URL that leads only to the public page, not your own data-entry page. You can customize your homepage to a certain extent.

Then copy that URL and go to "User CP" on MDC, and choose the option on the left to edit your signature. Write something or select a smilie for your link -- you can either link the URL from text you type or from the text code that represents a smilie (such as the "chart" icon). Then click to highlight the word (or code) you want to be the link, click on the "link" button (the icon of the world with the links of chain in front of it), and paste the URL into the pop-up window.

I hope that helps!
Thank you thank you thank you AND

testing testing testing my new siggie!

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
Old 04-01-2008, 04:15 PM

I haven't been online for a while due to morning sickness, just want to make sure I post my update. Please move me from Waiting to be Ready to Success Stories!!!

User Tag List