Nursing Mamas TTC in February! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 270 Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy February, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck and lots of Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04 dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
Katica
luvmy2girls

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!
firefly mama
clovermom
coffee-lovin-mom
because
katiedidbug
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
*Robin*
LiLStar

Waiting to O
alaskaberry
heidirk
attached2mason DS 1/05
sraplayas
sarahf.
3for_me
Julia Rose
monica3674
zakers mama DS 10/04, DD 1/07
ed tricia
chic2chic
Nicole R.
lilgreen
ryan'smom DS 10/2005
jr'smom
maciascl
lindsey608

: 2WW :
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
shanahan
mochimama
ms.pacman
Jaysmylilpunkin
mfrykas DS 09/05

: :: :
Our Success stories

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
DreamsInDigital
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
Lindsey609 DD 8/9/06
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

October 2007
poopzmom
DianneK
kltroy DS 5/26/06 *caught that first PP egg!*
LianneM DS 2/05
prothyraia
quarteralien DS 7/04 DD 2/06
DandeCobb DS 5/24/06

February Threadhostess ~ hannybanany

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 270 Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 PM

Wooohhhooo Go Hanny For starting the Feb thread!!! You have been the thread hostess queen!!!! Thanks for taking the time!!!

Well, I'm, I guess I have no idea how many dpo I am I don't Temp just use opk's!!! But I am using natural progest. cream this cycle so we will see if that did anything!

Anyway you can put me under as the 2 WEEK WAIT!!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#3 of 270 Old 02-01-2008, 09:47 PM

:

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#4 of 270 Old 02-01-2008, 10:41 PM

Sign me up for the 2ww please!

I'm pretty sure I'm 8dpo today. I think I'll test on Sunday...maybe Monday if I can wait that long!
#5 of 270 Old 02-01-2008, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

No problem!

bodhicitta, I forgot to ask how your DD is doing?

I'm putting myself in waiting to be ready. We got several abnormal test results this past week, including an abnormal chromosome analysis, and DH feel like we need to take a break. We have an appointment scheduled with a genetic counselor, and DD's placenta (where we also found some abnormalities) is being sent to a placental pathologist. We are feeling pretty overwhelmed right now.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
#6 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 12:11 AM

This is my second month on the nursing mamas ttc thread! Time sure flies! I'm in the [B]2ww[B] probably testing at the end of next week if AF doesn't show.

bodhicitta: hope your dd is okay.

luvmy2girls: your dd is almost the same age as mine! how much is she nursing? my dd nurses a million times a day and most of the night and I'm wondering how long it'll take us to get a BFP. I've had a regular AF for about a year (ever since dd started solids), but who knows if the O is happening (I'm not temping)

Hope there's lots of BFPs this month ladies :vibes
#7 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just coming in here to throw some around. Hoping some of you will join me in the October DDC!
#8 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
luvmy2girls: your dd is almost the same age as mine! how much is she nursing? my dd nurses a million times a day and most of the night and I'm wondering how long it'll take us to get a BFP. I've had a regular AF for about a year (ever since dd started solids), but who knows if the O is happening (I'm not temping)
My DD "fly-by" nurses all day long with a few longer sessions thrown in there. I night-weaned in Dec. and got my first PP AF 2wks later. I'm not temping either. This is our first month TTC. I'm in my 2ww right now, feeling a little sick and had some spotting a few days ago. I'm going to test on Sunday or Monday. *fingers crossed*
#9 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas. I think we're updated.

I think we probably have a lot of mamas on the list who are mostly lurkers, and a lot of mamas who got BFPs but didn't let us know. Y'all know you are more than welcome to lurk, but please let us know you're out there I'm going to be cleaning up the list next week, and don't want to delete you if you're still interested in being here. I'm only going to remove the people who haven't posted since at least December

#10 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
Hey mamas. I think we're updated.

I think we probably have a lot of mamas on the list who are mostly lurkers, and a lot of mamas who got BFPs but didn't let us know. Y'all know you are more than welcome to lurk, but please let us know you're out there I'm going to be cleaning up the list next week, and don't want to delete you if you're still interested in being here. I'm only going to remove the people who haven't posted since at least December
I'm new here! (to this thread anyway!) I don't have a BFP yet, still in the 2ww (ugh). I'll happily post if I get a BFP though!
#11 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM

I'm still here...and still lurking. I finally started temping this month and using OPKs. Last month I got a positive OPK and nine days later spotting, the next day full on AF so decided I need to temp to see if I'm even ovulating.

Today is DS's 2nd bday and all of our friends who were pregnant with us already have 2 kids or well into their 2nd pregnancy so it's been a bittersweet day.

I did get a positive OPK 2days ago on chart day 19. It corresponded with all my other fertility signs (CM, CP, nipple pain) but my temp hasn't risen much...but it is rising so hopefully I'm having a slow rise?????

Only thing not keeping me very optimisitc is that since AF returned in October I have had a consistent 30 day cycle. Positive OPK on chart day 19 with a slow temp rise beginning on chart day 20, if this is also a 30 day cycle might not be early enough sadly.

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm still here, and I guess I'm back in another 2WW.
Thanks, Tiffany
#12 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Hi, I'm new to this area. I guess I'd be waiting to O. Stopped TTA in Oct., actively began TTC in Jan. w/ CP, CF, and timing, but will start temping this month. Currently at CD5.
Question: okay, I should know better by now, but I thought if you had regular AF and fertile CM, you should be Oing, right? Am I off? I got PPAF when she was 10 mos., which would have been Oct. 06 and have been basically regular. Did have a few freakishly short cycles, like 4 in a row a few mos. ago. She still nurses 2x (if I'm lucky) a night, and avg. 3-4x day, about 15 min. each.
Okay, info. overload! Just being thorough.

"I'm so crafty, I make people" DD (01/06) and her much anticipated sibling (07/10) with my sweet DH (07/02)
#13 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 05:53 PM

I'm still here, still wondering what's going on with my cycle. I can't quite figure out if I ovulated early or if it's still to come. I always O around CD 17, but I had three days of EW starting at CD 10 and a temp jump today, CD 14.

Unfortunately my son has had croup all week, so we barely had time to DTD.

Keep me in waiting to O for now, and I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my temps stay up.
#14 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 07:37 PM

I'm still here! This cycle is making me CRAZY though! I had fertile CM on CD 10-14, and O pains on 12 -13, so I was sure I O'd CD 13. But my temp didn't rise any until yesterday (CD 15), and went back down today. Usually I see at least a 1/2 degree jump and it never comes back down. I'm so confused. Anybody else have tons of fertile CM and O pains, but still not O?

ed_tricia, I believe it's possible to get regular af and still not O. You will be able to tell better when you start temping this month.
#15 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 08:22 PM

i'm planning on testing tomorrow (at 10 dpo, but i can't stand the wait anymore)... and having a beer right now. so, no, i'm not optimistic. (only one BD, a few days before O).

perhaps this is OT, but does anyone else have the occasional drink during 2ww? i used to have wine on a regular basis, but have cut back dramatically since ttc.
#16 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 PM

I'm still watching and keeping up on this thread! Please change me to "WAITING TO O"!

~Natalie~
LLL Leader, IBCLC, marathoner, mom of 2 (maybe 3 one day!)

#17 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 09:57 PM

Hi mamas, we're still waiting to be ready although....drum ROLL...my m/c is FINALLY complete...after 3 1/2 months, geez! I'm over the grieving, and way into the let's get on with this! But my body took its own sweet time. Soooo--HcG is finally below 2, sooooo waiting to see what happens w/my cycle. I feel like it will normalize pretty quickly and then we're going to TTC so probably March? Hopefully March?
Looking forward to seeing LOTS AND LOTS OF BFPs this month. I'm a total lurker but always cheer for the success stories.
L
(DD 25 months)
#18 of 270 Old 02-02-2008, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

updated!

#19 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 03:30 AM

here's my situation: dd is 11mo and I still haven't had AF. So how do you know if you're pregnant? I'm new to this situation! Basically, I have been obsessively taking hpt's but then feeling guilty about this as I disagree with the way they are manufactured (it's a long story) not to mention they are expensive. things would be a lot easier if I could chart, but I don't think I can. I have noticed changes in cm, but dd nurses all night and I never get more than 2hrs. consecutive sleep, so the temp thing would probably be a little wonky. Anyways, I feel like I'm going crazy because I always think I'm pregnant, then go and buy a test and find out I'm not, but I never really trust it...aaarrrghhhh :
#20 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 01:32 PM

Hi Ladies!! Still here waiting to O. Nothing new here, except I'm starting to temp again for the first time since my m/c in Oct. I **should** be O'ing in the next 2-3 days, and will be using OPK's and watching CF. Dh is so funny around this time, he is always asking me "Did you use your little tests today?" in other words, is he going to get lucky tonight?, lol.

Also, I'm slowly getting ds to nurse less during the night. I'm hoping that it not only helps with my sanity, but helps give TTC a little boost. Who knows!

Good luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#21 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM

Well, I don't know what is going on with me! I'm on cd 41, still no period. Had one faint pos. a few days ago, and all negatives since then, all different brands of test. My belly seems to be poking out, I can tell changes easily because I'm thin. I also have blotchy thighs which I usually only get when preg. But now I'm starting to think it's all in my head. That's what my doctor brother told me anyway. I'm grouchy because I feel like a loser and I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to be upbeat, but it's kind of making me feel crazy.

I'm going to a obgyn on Tues for a blood test though.

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#22 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 04:18 PM

Hey mama's out there!! Urgh I'm feeling so I dunno like, its going to be spring soon and I just don't understand why it's taking so darn long!! I NEVER IN A MLLION YEARS!! Thought it would take this long. Not ever!!! Do you guys ever feel like that? It really floors me as to how I haven't been pg with dtd on time, reg. o, normal-ish cycles ect. Like if you o and time it right how can you not get pg? Its just so frusterating. I think our sex like is in the pits becuase of this, my husband has no desire for sex I just make him during our fertile time and hope for the best. I just need support now!! Thanks for listening!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#23 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic2chic View Post
perhaps this is OT, but does anyone else have the occasional drink during 2ww? i used to have wine on a regular basis, but have cut back dramatically since ttc.
I don't. I act just like I'm pregnant -- no alcohol, no forbidden foods, and I even microwave my cold lunch meats.

But I'm a pretty cautious person, and not a big drinker at any time of the cycle!
#24 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 PM

I wanted to give hugs to naturalmamaof1 and ms. pacman -- two different varieties of frustration, but the same goal.

to all of us who need it!
#25 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 PM

Hi!
I am still waiting to catch the first pp eggie :
My twins are 18 mo. now, no ppaf for me yet. we night-weaned about two months ago and I can tell my fertility is returning since then. I started charting CM a couple weeks ago and have mostly had lots of EWCM broken up by a couple dry days here and there I really feel like I am going to O soon and DH and I have been BD'ing somewhat regularly (he's out of town a lot though) to try to catch that first egg. So.......

That leads me to my question:

For those of you who have or would like to catch the first pp egg, were you ever warned that doing this would increase your chances of miscarriage if you were to get pg.? My SIL got preg. on her 2nd pp cycle when her DD was 10mo. old, she lost the baby at 11 weeks. I was talking to her today about how I want to get preg. asa I can and she said she thinks thats why she miscarried. Then my fertility awareness instructor said the same thing, that your hormones can take a cycle or two to even out so she doesn't suggest ttc on the firt try. I still plan on doing what we are doing but was curious what you guys think about this.

Good luck to everyone this month!!!

SAHM to my surprise bigeyes.gif twins M&W (7/06) twins.gif and my vbac.gif darling W (1/09) hearts.gif Expecting another little bean this summer pos.gif
#26 of 270 Old 02-03-2008, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee-lovin-mom View Post
here's my situation: dd is 11mo and I still haven't had AF. So how do you know if you're pregnant? I'm new to this situation! Basically, I have been obsessively taking hpt's but then feeling guilty about this as I disagree with the way they are manufactured (it's a long story) not to mention they are expensive. things would be a lot easier if I could chart, but I don't think I can. I have noticed changes in cm, but dd nurses all night and I never get more than 2hrs. consecutive sleep, so the temp thing would probably be a little wonky. Anyways, I feel like I'm going crazy because I always think I'm pregnant, then go and buy a test and find out I'm not, but I never really trust it...aaarrrghhhh :
Does your DD co-sleep? I started charting when DD was still waking every hour to nurse - but we coslept, so I never woke up completely. I would set my alarm for the same time every morning, and my temps showed a good pattern. Of course, that wouldn't have worked if I had been getting out of bed a million times in the middle of the night
The Dollar Store (or Tree) has pregnancy tests for, well, a dollar. They're just as sensitive as other more expensive tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan'smom View Post
Hi Ladies!! Still here waiting to O. Nothing new here, except I'm starting to temp again for the first time since my m/c in Oct. I **should** be O'ing in the next 2-3 days, and will be using OPK's and watching CF. Dh is so funny around this time, he is always asking me "Did you use your little tests today?" in other words, is he going to get lucky tonight?, lol.

Also, I'm slowly getting ds to nurse less during the night. I'm hoping that it not only helps with my sanity, but helps give TTC a little boost. Who knows!

Good luck everyone!

Laura
Way to go on decreasing the night nursing! Haha, DH hates that I use OPKs. He thinks I only want to DTD when I'm fertile, and that I'm using him. And I sorta am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms. pacman View Post
Well, I don't know what is going on with me! I'm on cd 41, still no period. Had one faint pos. a few days ago, and all negatives since then, all different brands of test. My belly seems to be poking out, I can tell changes easily because I'm thin. I also have blotchy thighs which I usually only get when preg. But now I'm starting to think it's all in my head. That's what my doctor brother told me anyway. I'm grouchy because I feel like a loser and I don't know what's going on. I'm trying to be upbeat, but it's kind of making me feel crazy.

I'm going to a obgyn on Tues for a blood test though.
I hope you get the answer you're hoping for on Tues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Hey mama's out there!! Urgh I'm feeling so I dunno like, its going to be spring soon and I just don't understand why it's taking so darn long!! I NEVER IN A MLLION YEARS!! Thought it would take this long. Not ever!!! Do you guys ever feel like that? It really floors me as to how I haven't been pg with dtd on time, reg. o, normal-ish cycles ect. Like if you o and time it right how can you not get pg? Its just so frusterating. I think our sex like is in the pits becuase of this, my husband has no desire for sex I just make him during our fertile time and hope for the best. I just need support now!! Thanks for listening!
Um, yeah. I feel that way. We started TTC 21 months ago. I thought for sure that we would have number 2 by now, and possibly even thinking about number 3. I guess things don't always go as we plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovermom View Post
For those of you who have or would like to catch the first pp egg, were you ever warned that doing this would increase your chances of miscarriage if you were to get pg.? My SIL got preg. on her 2nd pp cycle when her DD was 10mo. old, she lost the baby at 11 weeks. I was talking to her today about how I want to get preg. asa I can and she said she thinks thats why she miscarried. Then my fertility awareness instructor said the same thing, that your hormones can take a cycle or two to even out so she doesn't suggest ttc on the firt try. I still plan on doing what we are doing but was curious what you guys think about this.

Good luck to everyone this month!!!
Nope, never, ever heard anything like that. Many hugs to your SIL.

#27 of 270 Old 02-04-2008, 01:40 AM

Hey guys!!! Late night for us, dh still trying to get ds to sleep! I tried then failed out of frusteration and now he's giving it a go. I just have babies on the brain and really wish I could be pg. It just sucks! Also I think I am having my typical pms signs now so urgh I just want this cycle to be over now! I always forget ewhere I am in this cycle? That never happens! But I'm just not gonna believe in miracles until I wean so I guess I'm lowering my expectaions a bit. I do hope it will be this month but who knows! Anyway gppd luck mamas, especially the ones having a really hard time lately!

#28 of 270 Old 02-04-2008, 10:46 AM

forgot to sub!

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#29 of 270 Old 02-04-2008, 01:02 PM

Not much new to report here. Not feeling pg, but not paying attention either with guests visiting this weekend.
I'm sort of ambivalent right now. I was way more obsessed with conceiving last week, maybe the visitors took my mind off of things. Also dh and I had some really good conversations about our ideal future that were pretty inspiring, so I've been thinking about that and not about #2. Probably good not to obsess too much, I should be grateful for the distraction.
Will be testing at the end of the week if AF doesn't come.
Lots of good energy to all of you
#30 of 270 Old 02-04-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochimama View Post
Not much new to report here. Not feeling pg, but not paying attention either with guests visiting this weekend.
I'm sort of ambivalent right now. I was way more obsessed with conceiving last week, maybe the visitors took my mind off of things. Also dh and I had some really good conversations about our ideal future that were pretty inspiring, so I've been thinking about that and not about #2. Probably good not to obsess too much, I should be grateful for the distraction.
Will be testing at the end of the week if AF doesn't come.
Lots of good energy to all of you

Isn't that great!!??!! Hooray for distactions!!! I love love distractions!!! I'm trying to sign up for a lot of fun mama and baby classes, as well as attached parenting meetings and EC meetings as well as LLL meetings and possibly some homeschooling groups, just to keep my mind off of baby #2!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page