Anyone feel moody right before ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed a PMS-like teariness and moodiness right before ovulation the last few months, and I was just curious if anyone else did, too, and what it might mean. I am taking Vitex, which has moved my ovulation from CD20+ to CD15, which is a good thing, but I was wondering if the Vitex might be causing the moodiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 03:01 PM

I do! It's one of the ways I know I am about to ovulate. I get weepy and cranky for about a day or two. I don't know for certain, but I wonder if it has to do with the sudden changes in hormones that occurs right around that time. There are some serious changes happening right about that time, so I wonder...

Edited to add that I don't take Vitex, just EPO.

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM

Me too...but I take Vitex too so I don't know if it's attributable to that...but I definitely feel it.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM

I think I do some months, but I'm not certain because I haven't been temping long enough. No vitex here.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I'm not taking vitex, but I get moody and generally down before ovulating. When I wasn't paying attention I would think I was pms'ing. I only noticed this once af returned after baby#2. I'm not sure if it happened before and i just wasn't tuned in enough to pick up on it or what.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:23 AM

I'm way more affected by pre-ovulation than pre-menstruation. I mean, the day before I get my period I'm deeply sad/angry, but, right before I ovulate I get at least two or three days of sort of manic mood swings, etc. No vitex here, though... (I took it last spring for a while, but not in months and months.)
Old 02-13-2008, 01:43 AM
jmo

I just noticed this during this cycle! I was wondering what the heck was going on with me. I've been super emotional and weepy the last few days and I'm due to O any minute now. No vitex for me either.

J, mama to H (8/05) and F (3/09)
Old 02-13-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
I'm way more affected by pre-ovulation than pre-menstruation. I mean, the day before I get my period I'm deeply sad/angry, but, right before I ovulate I get at least two or three days of sort of manic mood swings, etc. No vitex here, though... (I took it last spring for a while, but not in months and months.)
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I just went to see an acupuncturist today about this, hoping to even myself out.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM

yes me too!

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :

User Tag List