My first ever evap line? *Update* Dollar store test = lots of evap lines? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would agree. I wish my evaps looked like yours. I would also agree to early +++. What does your body tell you? You know from your last pg that you are not an early tester. Neither am I. However keep your chin up.. My fingers and toes are crossed for you. Keep that wallet closed!!!!
I should practice what I preach

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2008, 12:22 PM

do you have a health dept that offers free pregnancy tests? that is what i went and did because my test came out exactly like yours. i had the cramps too. i tested positive and am due at the end of may.

Lisa wife to Ronne and mom to 4 kids ,Thomas 4/92, Amanda 9/99, Christopher 8/06 & Nathaniel 5/08.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post
Here's some more on bad batches of Dollar store tests for those wondering about it...

Bad Lot
Dollar Store

Thanks for posting that! Although I know that there is a bad batch out there, my tests look just like that girl's and it's so hard to see them that obviously and yet they don't count. I'd really like to see a post where someone got their period after a false positive from that batch. I'm going crazy here!

Please keep us updated on your test! When is AF due for you again?

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

quote=KJRSMR;10648855]I would agree. I wish my evaps looked like yours. I would also agree to early +++. What does your body tell you? You know from your last pg that you are not an early tester. Neither am I. However keep your chin up.. My fingers and toes are crossed for you. Keep that wallet closed!!!!
I should practice what I preach[/quote]

I totally feel pg... (tired, queasy, cramps/pulling in my groin, headaches ( I never get headaches) lots of creamy cm, feeling faint etc.) But I've had some bad experiences lately that are making me unsure... About 2 months ago I had to go to another Dr b/c mine was booked up for months, & I thought I might have a bladder infection... So I went to another Dr. in the office who did an internal exam & pretty much told me that I was pg and there was no way the urine test would come back negative (they have to send you to the lap for urine tests at this office Called back to get my results, was told they were there & I would get a call... Long story short the Dr, wouldn't call back b/c I wasn't her patient & they lost the test results so my Dr never got them & I had to go to a walk in clinic 4 days later to find out that I wasn't in fact pg.... Last month I bled on & off all month so my Dr. was concerned about a possible tubal pg b/c she thought I could be pg from a internal... Ended up being a cyst bursting... So I'm a little weary of getting my hopes up... Also shouldn't my tests be getting darker? Only thing I see changing is the last line I got looks wider... Here's today's pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishprinsezz View Post
do you have a health dept that offers free pregnancy tests? that is what i went and did because my test came out exactly like yours. i had the cramps too. i tested positive and am due at the end of may.
I could go to any Dr/walk in clinic & get a free test... I just don't enjoy being told that I'm stupid b/c there is noooo way there test is wrong, I'm not pg & I should go on bcp to straighting things out ( what I was told time & time again when I WAS pg w/ my ds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisub View Post
Thanks for posting that! Although I know that there is a bad batch out there, my tests look just like that girl's and it's so hard to see them that obviously and yet they don't count. I'd really like to see a post where someone got their period after a false positive from that batch. I'm going crazy here!

Please keep us updated on your test! When is AF due for you
again?
Sorry about the bad tests I totally understand how that could be making you crazy ( I feel like I'm about to lose my mind at the moment)

Af was due 2 days ago if I did in fact have my last af on the 1st (hard to tell 100% w/ a month of bleeding ) I'm pretty sure I O'd on the 12th though due to O pains etc...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 02-28-2008, 03:51 PM

I haven't read through all of this. I looked at the pics from this last post. There is some pink for sure in some of those lines which makes me think they are positives (!!!) not evap lines. Some other ladies I know on another board are having issues with dollar store tests too. The thing is some people love them and have great results and other times they are. . . well. . . crap. I am so sorry you seem to have gotten a bad bunch.
Like I said I haven't read all the posts but is there any way you could test with something else? Another option would be to go to a crisis pregnancy center if there is one in your area. Their test are always free. No "your crazy" and not pregnant but if you don't agree with their religious ideals it could be a little off putting.

Keep peeing!!! If AF hasn't reared her ugly head there is HOPE!! Wishing you BFPs super soon.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:

Please keep us updated on your test! When is AF due for you again?
OOOOOO I did, I thought until reading those posts that I had a Chemical the cycle before last bc I got count em 6 BFP's with $$ tree test but a BFN FRER ( I peed in a cup so I used the same urine sample) and I went in the next day to get a NEG blood test. Dh could even see them with out squinting, they DEF had color and showed up right as the urine ran across the screen. Two days later I got full force AF. I just dug though my trash to find the white plastic wrapper a few mins ago (luckily they were still in there) and right there on the front it listed that same LOT # and Exp date. So after reading this thread now I am convinced that those tests suck and will NEVER purchase them again. I'm going to stick to FRER!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Thank you Aly! Yeah, I think from now on I will just wait longer and do FRER.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Af just arrived... Never going to trust $ store tests again... Not going to test or even think about being pg till I start throwing up or start showing.....

Thanks for all the support & good luck to those of you waiting for a bfp.

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Af just arrived... Never going to trust $ store tests again... Not going to test or even think about being pg till I start throwing up or start showing.....

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry AF found you.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:

That is TERRIBLE! I am so mad for us both, I really thought you were pg. Is AF heavy? I'm so sorry.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:16 PM

I am so sorry..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
Old 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That is TERRIBLE! I am so mad for us both, I really thought you were pg. Is AF heavy? I'm so sorry.

It is rather madding.. I had to work really hard not to be bitchy to my hubby (who didn't even do anything) b/c I just wanted to tear someone apart for the false hope...: I don't really have heavy af's... Only time I did was a couple months after we got married & I'm pretty sure I had a m/c... Only bright side of getting my af is that the intense back/groin pain I've had for the last week stopped the moment I got af alone w/ the really bad headaches... & maybe I'll have the luck of the Irish again, & get pg next month...(Ds was conceived somewhere around St. Patrick's Day) But I am so not testing again till I'm like a month late...

Old 02-29-2008, 06:51 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say that I also got a false positive from the same batch of $Tree tests. It was a very real purple line, but light. I have used these for years, including 2 pregnancies so I know what the evap looks like on them...this was not an evap. I spent about $50 in other pg tests last month and had a couple sleepless nights (we are not ttc right now!) after getting my false positive. Honestly, I thought I had a chemical pg, but now I don't think so at all. Anyway, good luck to you all, what a heartbreaker!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:02 PM

Hugs!!!! I also was getting faint "lines". I even went for a blood test at 15dpo, but it was neg. Af arrived later that same day.

I also don't think I'll trust those tests anymore. Or at least not if they're not CLEARLY positive.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:15 AM

Holy Cannoli!!!

I hope that there weren't false negatives, too!

I just checked the box and I did use tests from that bad batch lot.

User Tag List