My first ever evap line? *Update* Dollar store test = lots of evap lines? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Update"
So I took one test last night w/ a very faint line (evap?) Another one first thing this morning, totally clear - , then just after lunch I took 5 more to see if it was just an evap, would I get anymore evaps... and if so I would know to try a different test next time... Well out of 7 tests there is 4 totally white - , one with a faint line that might have a little color (the first one) and 2 with no color that I can see... but you can very clearly see "dents" were there should be a line... *More Pics.* So I'm really wondering if it's worth using these tests... But I really can't afford the other kinds...:

I am just wondering if this is what a evap line looks like? Pics
I have no illusions that it's a bfp, as it took 5 weeks for a bfp last time & I'm only 11dpo... But I would like to know if it's a evap for future reference... Thanks!

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#2 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 01:20 PM

Provided that came up in the time limit, I would have to sadly say no, I don't think it's your first ever evap. I think it's a BFP!!!!!
#3 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 01:21 PM

Try peeonastick.com and fertilityfriend.com , they both have photo galleries. If you check out my blog you will see pic's of my HPT that look like evaps. The rule of thumb is, if it has color it is not an evap but I find that very early + HPT's sometimes are so light that you can't tell. I find that if you hold the test up to a really "White" light then the light will shine through and you can see if it has color to it. My frig light works great for that, lol. Good luck and keep us posted!
#4 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Just wanted to add that I pee in a cup to test so that if I think I see a line I can keep retesting with the same pee becuase if you were to keep getting "evaps" on all the tests then it's probably the start to a BFP not evaps.
#5 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Provided that came up in the time limit, I would have to sadly say no, I don't think it's your first ever evap. I think it's a BFP!!!!!
The thing is that the one with a line was from yesterday night & it came up in the 2 min limit but really all I thought was "weird I can actually see were there should be a line this time apposed to it just being white" someone stopped by so I couldn't really spend anytime looking at it or taking it into better light (bathroom is really dark) So I kinda forgot about it till this morning when I decided to try again (which is the one without a line in the picture) & compared the two & thought 'wow the one from last night really does have a line compared to this morning" My dh said to not drink anything for the next bit & then take another test (I drank a lot of water/juice before bed last night :P) So I dunno...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#6 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:00 PM

I thought they both looked like they had lines? The one on the bottom is definitely darker but I see lines on both. Maybe it's just my computer. But I've got my fingers crossed for you!:

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#7 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamr3211 View Post
Try peeonastick.com and fertilityfriend.com , they both have photo galleries. If you check out my blog you will see pic's of my HPT that look like evaps. The rule of thumb is, if it has color it is not an evap but I find that very early + HPT's sometimes are so light that you can't tell. I find that if you hold the test up to a really "White" light then the light will shine through and you can see if it has color to it. My frig light works great for that, lol. Good luck and keep us posted!

It's really hard to tell if it's colored... But I just read "it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test" on peeonastick.com & it does seem like it's a bit dented in compared to the control line... So I guess unless I get another line later on, I'll consider this one a evap...:

#8 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieMom View Post
I thought they both looked like they had lines? The one on the bottom is definitely darker but I see lines on both. Maybe it's just my computer. But I've got my fingers crossed for you!:

The top one just has a scratch on it ...
Thanks

#9 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:29 PM

That's what my "evaps" looked like 3 days ago

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#10 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannybanany View Post
That's what my "evaps" looked like 3 days ago
What brand of test did you use?

#11 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:39 PM

dollar store

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
#12 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:44 PM

i just got my BFP for #4 and i ALWAYS had evaps with those test...unless its a clear line its neg..
#13 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks like the positives I got with #4. http://picasaweb.google.com/smlwiebe...ey=UJIp07kahyQ

Hope for the best for you!! Good luck!
#14 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 02:56 PM

i used a cheap $1 test and the second line looked weird too. even lighter than the op's. like you could see the spot where the color should be but it looked like a hollow line. so i went to the healt dept on the following monday and they confirmed what i suppected. a positive. this really looks like a + test to me.

Lisa wife to Ronne and mom to 4 kids ,Thomas 4/92, Amanda 9/99, Christopher 8/06 & Nathaniel 5/08.
#15 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 03:21 PM

Here are my positives

Wed - http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...h/DSC_0158.jpg

Fri - http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...h/DSC_0304.jpg

I think yours looks like my second one. I was also convinced that first one was an evap line.

#16 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 03:58 PM

I've taken the dollar store tests -and not been pregnant- and they are REALLY good at producing colored evap lines. DARK, colored evap lines. Either that, or I'm having chemical pregnancies due to my IUD....

ETA: I've even had evaps on those round tests they use at the dr's office! My ob/gyn called me later in the day to say the test had turned Even dr's can be fooled. Crazy tests.......
#17 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the line seems to slowly be disappearing Pic #2 : Why oh why couldn't I just get a straight up neg?... So I'm going to pick up some other brands of tests tomorrow morning just to make sure & if they are negative as well then I'm waiting till March 7th to test again...(unless af shows up )

Thanks for all the responses ladies!

#18 of 76 Old 02-23-2008, 05:25 PM

If you aren't using FMU it may be lighter because of that. Good luck in the morning!
#19 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just wondering if you'd re-tested? =D

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)
#20 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
Just wondering if you'd re-tested? =D

I live in a small town so I have to go to the city to get more tests ( they might have some here? But I'm not taking the chance of starting any rumors ) So my ds has swimming lesson in the city this morning at which point I'll acquire some more tests... I can't decide if I should just save up my pee in the afternoon? (I can't go w/ out drinking water this morning if I'm going to swim) or wait till tomorrow morning to test... (which will be really hard for me to wait )

Anyone have any suggestions for what brand of tests would be best?

#21 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM

That seems odd. I haven't test in a couple of months, but I used quite a few $ tree tests in the past, and I never even had a HINT of a line - nada! So certainly not all of them are evaps, and I've never heard of problems with them before.

-
#22 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post
I live in a small town so I have to go to the city to get more tests ( they might have some here? But I'm not taking the chance of starting any rumors ) So my ds has swimming lesson in the city this morning at which point I'll acquire some more tests... I can't decide if I should just save up my pee in the afternoon? (I can't go w/ out drinking water this morning if I'm going to swim) or wait till tomorrow morning to test... (which will be really hard for me to wait )

Anyone have any suggestions for what brand of tests would be best?
I'm a sucker for digital tests...that way there's no guessing I used Clearblue Easy and got a BFP at 10 dpo in the afternoon. I "held it" for 3-4 hours and didn't drink excessive fluids. I did have some water here and there, though. Good luck and let us know!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#23 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 10:26 AM

It does seem odd! You must have gotten tests from a bad batch. I've never gotten a line (before the time limit) on a dollar store test unless I was pg. What a bummer that it happened to you so many times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama View Post
I'm a sucker for digital tests...that way there's no guessing I used Clearblue Easy and got a BFP at 10 dpo in the afternoon. I "held it" for 3-4 hours and didn't drink excessive fluids. I did have some water here and there, though. Good luck and let us know!
I second the digital tests! I've gotten BFPs at 9 and 10 DPO with afternoon pee. No guessing about lines with those!

#24 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
That seems odd. I haven't test in a couple of months, but I used quite a few $ tree tests in the past, and I never even had a HINT of a line - nada! So certainly not all of them are evaps, and I've never heard of problems with them before.

I thought it was a little odd as well as pretty much all I could find online said that dollar tests were really good & didn't have evaps.... But now all but 2 out of 7 have lines... 3 showed up hours later, but that is still odd as I have never gotten any kind of line with anything else even when I was 1,2,3 & 4 week pg with my ds & I did check them all hours & even days later...

#25 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 02:25 PM
hix

Let us know something--when you do test again! I'm thinking "positive" thoughts for you!

#26 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 02:34 PM

That's exactly what my first dollar store tests looked like when I was pg. I've never gotten an evap on them, and I know they are quite sensitive.
#27 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

So I tested with both a clear blue digital & a FRER, both bfn I don't know what I was thinking trying to test this early... I took a FRER when I was 2, 3, 4 & almost 5 weeks pg w/ ds (got a bfp at the dr's 3 days later after I started throwing up out of the blue) and never got even the faintest line...: So I guess if I don't get my af by the end of this next week it's prolly another 2ww for me before I can test w/ any hope of a bfp... I don't know what I should do though b/c I'm supposed to go to a naturopath on the 3rd who does acupuncture as well & she wants to start doing weekly acupuncture to help me w/ o'ing which is prolly not a good idea if I'm pg... :P

On a side note -
Any one have super sensitive teeth as a pg symptom? Yesterday I had intense pain in my teeth that felt like someone was drilling into them. & then today I can hardly stand anything cold on my teeth b/c it' so painful... When I told my mom she said "your pregnant"... Anyone else have this?

#28 of 76 Old 02-24-2008, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post
On a side note -
Any one have super sensitive teeth as a pg symptom? Yesterday I had intense pain in my teeth that felt like someone was drilling into them. & then today I can hardly stand anything cold on my teeth b/c it' so painful... When I told my mom she said "your pregnant"... Anyone else have this?
YES!! One of the first things that I notice. It drives me crazy! Eveyrthing hurts them and brushing is a nightmare.

Hope you get good news soon!!
#29 of 76 Old 02-25-2008, 10:26 AM

I wouldn't base any of your doubt on the fact that a previous pg didn't test positive that early - every pg is different. I also wouldn't worry over test resutlsd this early (like the FRER etc) if you didn't use first morning urine (I see your post was at like 6 in the evening?).
Oh yeah and I noticed sensitive teeth recently and didn't even occur to me that it could be yet another pg symptom! (Although it can also be a normal life symptom that develops as well).
There's still hope -I would wait a couple days and then test again with FMU.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

#30 of 76 Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 AM

I did want to ask if you are peeing onto the stick directly, or dipping. When I was TTC I had a problem with evap lines looking like BFPs, and it turned out that when I was dipping, I was leaving it in too long - longer than the directions recommended. The extra fluid was traveling into the spot where it gets soaked up at the end, and then "bouncing back" the color onto the line.

I just thought I'd mention it since it was a "duh" moment for me - like, the directions are there for a reason! Dipping it longer wasn't going to make a negative into a positive no matter how I wanted it to be so.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get the result you are hopiong for!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page