Forum Jump: 

#61 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Still pretty much spot-on! It's so crazy! Mine is the green one
Luna. That is so crazy -- who's chart is that with yours? I hope you're both preggers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Still pretty much spot-on! It's so crazy! Mine is the green one
That is unreal!!!! The only real difference is 4 days before O you have a little temp rise and I stay lower.

I've been going apey(sp?) because my chart is so similar to last cycle, but I looked at the chart gallery on FF and lots of pregnancy charts don't see a second temp rise until 12+DPO so, I'm trying to keep the faith. I was really hoping to see a significant rise this morning, but no.
#63 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post
Luna. That is so crazy -- who's chart is that with yours? I hope you're both preggers!
hehehe it's me!!
#64 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliav View Post
hehehe it's me!!
that is wild!!!!!
#65 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Me My temp is exactly what it was yesterday. I had a killer headache last night but I was able to ignore it because we made an offer on a house we've been scoping out!!! Woohoo!! We find out tonight if it's accepted. I think it's meant to be because it is on a lake called Lac Antoine (DP's name) and the date of closing/possession is our anniversary!
Wow, that's awesome! Good luck! That will be quite amazing for both of you especially if you get your BFP soon!
#66 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 PM

Julia and Luna - both your charts are looking so good!! :

Julia - That's exciting about the house!! I hope you get it We are still renting, unfortunately, because we don't know if we're staying in the states and it just feels like such a waste of money. I would love to buy!!

Nothing new to report for me. My temps are staying high-ish and usually they drop for a few days before O, so I'm pretty sure I won't be Oing while DH is gone (this week anyway, next week is another story). I was thinking of taking more soy isoflavones to try and give myself another FSH boost. We'll see...

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#67 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Talk me down from this building ledge!
Wow it has been quite a few months since I've been dying to test like this. I really don't want to be disappointed. I don't have such an amazing chart or anything. The only thing I really have going for me is that Sat/Sun/Mon I had light cramps. I usually I get pretty heavy cramps a few hours before, or right when my period starts. Today there is nothing. Usually I would get my period today, and I don't really think it is coming. But I have been trying to lengthen my LP with b-6 and Vitex, so really I don't know what to expect!

grrr.... I have one digital test in the back of bathroom cupboard....
#68 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueRhino View Post
Talk me down from this building ledge!
Wow it has been quite a few months since I've been dying to test like this. I really don't want to be disappointed. I don't have such an amazing chart or anything. The only thing I really have going for me is that Sat/Sun/Mon I had light cramps. I usually I get pretty heavy cramps a few hours before, or right when my period starts. Today there is nothing. Usually I would get my period today, and I don't really think it is coming. But I have been trying to lengthen my LP with b-6 and Vitex, so really I don't know what to expect!

grrr.... I have one digital test in the back of bathroom cupboard....
DON'T DO IT....IT ISN'T FMU...THERE'S A BETTER CHANCE TOMORROW!!!
#69 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post
Yep, it's JuliaV's.

Quote:
That is unreal!!!! The only real difference is 4 days before O you have a little temp rise and I stay lower.

I've been going apey(sp?) because my chart is so similar to last cycle, but I looked at the chart gallery on FF and lots of pregnancy charts don't see a second temp rise until 12+DPO so, I'm trying to keep the faith. I was really hoping to see a significant rise this morning, but no.
Those two temp rises before O aren't real. One was taken after I got up, and another was after a night of drinking. I didn't discard them, though, because (earlier on) AF was giving me an O date of CD 12 if I did so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Wow, that's awesome! Good luck! That will be quite amazing for both of you especially if you get your BFP soon!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Julia and Luna - both your charts are looking so good!! :
Thanks!

Quote:
Nothing new to report for me. My temps are staying high-ish and usually they drop for a few days before O, so I'm pretty sure I won't be Oing while DH is gone (this week anyway, next week is another story). I was thinking of taking more soy isoflavones to try and give myself another FSH boost. We'll see...
Hmm... I think maybe O was starting for you & just got delayed.

-
#70 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 PM

For those of you who asked, I didn't test today. I had some spotting late yesterday and the temps went down today...I think I will just wait this out and see what happens. I don't think I can handle a BFN staring up at me.

I am really struggling with this whole TTC thing. I don't understand why I am having such a hard time getting pregnant (I really don't think I am this time around). Can any one explain to me why when I was 18, a high school drop-out, & single I got pregnant with DD the second time I ever had sex & that the father of my daughter then bailed on us, eventually being deported back to Samoa for illegal arms dealing? Or why I got pregnant with DS #1 while on the pill & had just received a full scholarship for vocal music performance and then my ex-husband left me with a 5-month old baby for one of his high school students in his religion class (for any the readers who are LDS, he was a seminary teacher & she was in his class. Cute, eh?) Or why I was pregnant with DS #2 within 6 days of Mr. Amazing Man being on the same continent with me, even though we weren't in a real stable place financially and didn't really have two dimes to rub together?

And can someone PLEASE explain to me that now that my life is in an excellent place relationship-wise & financially, I am within spitting distance of finishing my Ph.D., my husband makes an excellent income which means I have the ability to be a SAHM, and I have never felt more prepared or ready to welcome a baby into my life that I CAN'T FREAKING GET PREGNANT?

I guess this process is much like other things we grieve in life & one of the stages of grief is anger. I guess that's where I am today.

/rant

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#71 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 02:05 PM

sostinkinhappy - I understand how you feel. Why doesn't the universe care that we're ready?? Shouldn't that matter? Apparently it doesn't

#72 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 02:14 PM

sostinkinhappy...damn girl that is one roller coaster ride after another. I understand how you can feel like fate has it backwards for you...but don't lose hope just yet, you're not out of the running this cycle and I just know that this last piece of the puzzle is going to fall in place for you soon. You sure sound like a multi-talented woman to me!!! Singing, momming, PhDing, wife-ing.
It's ok that you're angry today...you're right it is one part of the whole process. Make it yours and be mad...we'll listen to you rant anytime I still have my fingers crossed that this is your time!
#73 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 03:48 PM

BlueRhino... Don't take that test!! Go into the bathroom, tae out the test, put it in your purse, get your keys, get in your car, drive to a friends house, ask to use the bathroom, hide it in that bathroom, hang out with your friend, then go home. This way you can't possibly test on a whim! You'll either have to smuggle the test back out or explain to your friend what you did and ask her to bring it to you.

SoStinkinHappy... Sorry you're stressing out. It should make you more assured of success that you have conceived and given birth three times! At least you know it can happen! Try to picture your children's faces whenever you get discouraged. That should give you the hope and strength to keep trying. I hope that all made sense. Good Luck!

AAM... FF has given me cross-hairs, pinpointing my O at cd14. Exactly when I had guessed. Now we'll see how long sperm from a fifty year old can hang around!

Everybody think fertile thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#74 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 04:16 PM

Good evening...or afternoon, depending on your time zone. The thread this week is pretty funny. It makes me smile to see women who have begun to bond over the internet. It's amazing how just years ago, this would have been unimaginable. Anyway biomama, I am with you. It's a pretty happy place this week. Thanks for the humor. I, for one, need it.

Juliav and Luna, your charts are eerily similar. As someone else has already said, I would be soooo excited if both of you were PG. Little buns in the oven...so sweet!! I'll be lurky lurky until you both find out. Luna, I soooo hope this is your month, being one of the original Luna chart stalkers. LOL You too, Juliav!

Sostinkinhappy...how are you? I felt exactly like you did on Saturday. I just KNEW this was my month...bigger bbs, real fatigue, late af...and af showed up real loud Saturday morning. Yours has not come yet, and I pray she doesn't. I pray that the spotting is just stretching ligaments and a new pregnancy. Please keep us updated, and know you're in our thoughts!

Stevi, how are you doing? I'm going to cry when you finally get your BFP. You're so positive even when you have a right to just stomp your virtual foot and be upset. I pray all is well and that this is your month as well.

As for me, af is slowing down...but I have toxic gas now that is probably dangerous to small animals and young children.

The drama never ends.

cj
#75 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 04:16 PM

Lord, my chart has been WONKY lately. Up and down temps like crazy. I don't understand.... gah... all I can do right now, I guess, is try to be patient and keep taking my Vitex...

sostinkinhappy - wow, that is QUITE a story. I'm glad that you at least found a good man finally, though. I know how you feel, it seems like we should be able to conceive in a snap once we're ready... DH and I have been waiting years for the right time when we felt financially secure and really ready and I am so hoping this process won't be long and painful...
#76 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 04:39 PM

Luna and juliav, that's just... freaky! Neat though!

AAM, I'm just waiting for O. CP is higher and softer today so I think I'll start using my OPKs. I hope we conceive this month since I'll be out of them and my FF membership runs out (I will probably just stick with the free Basic one after this) in 27 days. Ha, ha.

So far so good on the no caffeiene but it's only been a few hours.

Other than that, I guess I'm OK. I'm really not doing well depression-wise so I may just have too much stress right now to conceive. Guess we'll just keep trying and see!

FF question: So, do you guys always mark your BD? I realized today that I frequently don't bother unless it's close to ovulation, because... I don't know why. I guess if I don't mark it right away sometimes I forget whether it was AM or PM or maybe I just feel weird about everyone knowing every time DH and I go at it? Anyone else?
#77 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 PM

DextersGirl - I agree, I love this place and don't know how I'd make it through this ttc journey without all of you lovely ladies

binkin - I mark all bding before O, but after I O I don't bother. I also set my chart up so it doesn't show the bding.

Well, I'm freaking out a bit now. I was eating lunch and felt some pretty strong twinges. I normally get twinges for a few days before O, so it's not entirely bad. But then I went to the bathroom and there was a tiny trace of what looked like ewcm! Part of me is worried that I may O before DH gets home, but then I think: my temps are still high and it is still very early (for me). So I'm probably okay. But if I do O, I guess the good news is I have significantly improved my O date and my cm!! Okay, I guess I'm okay. There's nothing I can do about it either way.

#78 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
FF question: So, do you guys always mark your BD? I realized today that I frequently don't bother unless it's close to ovulation, because... I don't know why
i do for the most part, i find it interesting to look at our patterns and i think it is another thing that helps me understand my body and cycles. It also helps if i am having a out of balance patch down there, i can look and see if there might be a reason why. yeah it is kinda strange having it for all the world to see, you can choose to hide it you know. but will all the other over sharing you we, it seems harmless. (i sometimes look at a ladies chart and hope that she is not marking down all of them, since they are having so little fun is that is the case!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostinkinhappy View Post
I am really struggling with this whole TTC thing. I don't understand why I am having such a hard time getting pregnant
I guess this process is much like other things we grieve in life & one of the stages of grief is anger. I guess that's where I am today.
/rant
oh M,
i too sit and think about all the times that i got pregnant when it was not ok and wish i could trade any of those days for today. Having so few cycles in a year that you and your Mr.A can take advantage of, must be hard. On top of the usually hard of TTC. With deployment creeping up on us i am right there with you.
At least on the good side, those other times that may have started out so hard, I'm sure now they are glossed over with the amazing love of your current children, and I know that someday you will have another and this will become a time you laugh about and tell stories of.
Take Care

As For Me
wow had a strange really high spike in temp early this morning, it was 98.1 at 5:30 when i usually temp (up from 97.5 yesterday) i woke drenched and uncomfortable, despite not having any more blankets on than normal and in a house with a programed thermostat that was nice and cool. I peed and went back to bed and at 7:30 when i woke back up my temp was down to 97.6, more like what i would expect. but at that point was probably sleeping half out of the covers to cool down, i feel fine now and decided to chart the 97.6 (and make a note of the high temp) because i think the other was some strange fluke and since i am pre O i would rather not throw off my base line too much.

i have a goober gyn appointment today, just a normal mid cycle check, we wanted to track my thru this first cycle of the provera to see is i reset ok. Would be nice to find out if i am gearing up to O.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#79 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
FF question: So, do you guys always mark your BD? I realized today that I frequently don't bother unless it's close to ovulation, because... I don't know why. I guess if I don't mark it right away sometimes I forget whether it was AM or PM or maybe I just feel weird about everyone knowing every time DH and I go at it? Anyone else?
I do mark mine every time... Mostly it's just b/c I like things to be "complete" when I do them, and part of it is so I can remember how long it's been. Sometimes DH will wait till I initiate, and I don't like to forget, get my period, and then whoops, it's been 3 weeks! We need some non-baby making sex.

Me Nothing new to report. I don't "feel" pregnant. I think I will begin testing on Saturday if AF doesn't show - which I don't think it will b/c I'm taking 200mg of prometrium per day. The great news is that I haven't spotted at ALL this month, so the previous spotting was definitely a progesterone issue. Hopefully fixing the LP defect will work to help make a sticky baby!

Homebirthing mama of 2
#80 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Luna and juliav, that's just... freaky! Neat though!

AAM, I'm just waiting for O. CP is higher and softer today so I think I'll start using my OPKs. I hope we conceive this month since I'll be out of them and my FF membership runs out (I will probably just stick with the free Basic one after this) in 27 days. Ha, ha.

So far so good on the no caffeiene but it's only been a few hours.

Other than that, I guess I'm OK. I'm really not doing well depression-wise so I may just have too much stress right now to conceive. Guess we'll just keep trying and see!

I only mark it when it's close to ovulation...I think it help me feel less methodical about BDing which was a huge reason why we waited so long to start timing it. And I hide it on FF because I don't want people (*looks at Rivka*) to think we never have sex.
#81 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomerJen View Post
Me Nothing new to report. I don't "feel" pregnant. I think I will begin testing on Saturday if AF doesn't show - which I don't think it will b/c I'm taking 200mg of prometrium per day.

My dr just wrote me a script for prometrium 200mg each day to start taking after my iui...do you have any side effects from it??? How do you like it thus far, do you have to stop taking it in order to start your period?? HAHAHA I have a million questions!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#82 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM

OK, so I am officially done with my pity party. Thanks to all of your for your kind words. I really appreciate them and they truly are helpful!

I know I have much to be appreciative for, especially in my children. While I no longer have my daughter with me, I am so very grateful for this two boys who keep me grounded and bring me so much joy.

How ever this turns out this cycle, I know that it is as God/Life/The Universe intends -- after a day of kvetching and soul searching, I am at peace with either outcome, a BFP or a BFN.

Thanks for letting me whine to all of you--the anger/frustration from this morning kind of caught me off guard. I know that there are so many who are still waiting for their first and I must seem like the biggest whiner about this, so I appreciate your gentle and patient responses to my TTC rant. Going through this has taught me such empathy for others who spend years trying for a baby, never to get pregnant. While no where near that experience, I have had a small taste and all I can say is:

Thanks again ladies!

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#83 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 PM

Sostinkinhappy Sorry you are having a rough time right now. I often marvel at how strange it is we are most fertile when it would be the worst time to conceive, (for most people) like, when we are 16, then we are most ready, less so. I also think it is kind of funny that I have been going to such length thus far to not get pregnant, only to realize that I'm not that fertile! What a waste of energy! Hopefully it will happen for you soon!

AAM I didn't test today. The good thing is, tomorrow I work at 6:30 am, so I don't think I am going to want to test with FMU tomorrow. That would just be too much to process in the fifteen minutes I am awake before I leave the house... (that is if it was BFP) So maybe if I can make it to Thursday, then I could make it to Friday. But on Tuesday, Friday seems soooo far away! I am still having light cramps, day four. If I go six more hours with no AF then at least this month I can be happy about having a 12 day LP for the month.

hope everyone is hanging in there!
#84 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
My dr just wrote me a script for prometrium 200mg each day to start taking after my iui...do you have any side effects from it??? How do you like it thus far, do you have to stop taking it in order to start your period?? HAHAHA I have a million questions!
Aly, I haven't had any symptoms (besides my lack of spotting). My CF seems a lot more creamy and plentiful this 2ww, but that's the only change. I've heard lots of girls get pregnant symptoms from it, though, so I haven't been analyzing myself much.

I don't know for sure that you won't get your period before you stop, but I think that's the case, b/c the point of the prometrium is to keep your body from prematurely sloughing off a pregnancy.... so if I don't get AF "on time" at 11-12 dpo, I think that's what's going on.

Article about Ina May Here

Homebirthing mama of 2
#85 of 227 Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueRhino
I also think it is kind of funny that I have been going to such length thus far to not get pregnant, only to realize that I'm not that fertile!
I think this too. I remember the first time my then bf/now dh dtd without a condom (I was regularly taking bc) I was nervous that we might get pregnant. Because of this I think there were maybe 5 times that we didn't use a condom in the whole 5 years we went before ttc (I think part of me liked testing fate - I've wanted to be a mother forever). If only I knew... Although, if I had done then what I do now I probably would have got pregnant with quintuplets .

Anyway...

I think that cm I saw earlier was just creamy and not ew (I got good creamy stuff afterwards). So I guess I'm okay. Wow, having dh gone is really stressing me out. I've never O'd before day 24 since bc, yet somehow I'm convinced this will be the cycle I do.

#86 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
Wow, having dh gone is really stressing me out. I've never O'd before day 24 since bc, yet somehow I'm convinced this will be the cycle I do.
Hang in there! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your eggie will wait until DH is around.

#87 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM

sostinkinhappy - I don't think you've been whiney at all. Even if you were... we all do it at times, so you aren't alone!

juliav - darnit, our charts are different now! I am still hopeful for you, though! again, for other people looking, mine is the green & juliav's is the blue

-
#88 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 10:32 AM

Luna you had a 13 day LP last month...that sure looks like an implantation dip to me....

My temp went up a teensy (.1) bit today. I think my bbs are less sore than yesterday, but then again they my be more sore at night in general due to gravity. If I han't had to pee in the middle of the night...I think I might have caved this morning...eek!
#89 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Luna you had a 13 day LP last month...that sure looks like an implantation dip to me....

My temp went up a teensy (.1) bit today. I think my bbs are less sore than yesterday, but then again they my be more sore at night in general due to gravity. If I han't had to pee in the middle of the night...I think I might have caved this morning...eek!
I wish. Yeah my LP is average 13 days, but I just feel like my temp won't go up past, say 98.3 and then go down & up slightly until AF day. A lot of people get "implantation dips" and aren't pregnant, and a lot of people who are pregnant don't get those dips, so I'm not going to count on it.

So are you going to test tomorrow, or when? I don't even have any tests, so I'm not planning on testing unless my temp goes insanely high or AF is super-late.

-
#90 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Yeah, when are you going to temp Julia?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page