The One Thread: Feb 24 -Mar 1 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rivka ... I like the new Chart icon! Thank you! Those that are TTA can just suffer!!!

SoStinkinHappy... I hope your blood dries up, your temperature spikes and you find out you're pregnant after all!!! And if that doesn't happen, be sure to come back and tell us the story of how you got pregnant on your partner's first military leave.

Dog Owners... You must learn to keep your trash baskets inside the bathroom cabinets. That is the only solution.

Erlaine... You and I are cycle buddies!!!

AAM... I had a nice time at volunteer training and I start next week. I signed up to read and play with kids!! Yay!!!

Hopefully it will help me maintain my sanity!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#122 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka  View Post
: sorry i cant help it!

Glad you ladies like the new chart image, that was my little baby. I really wanted something more positive, in every way.
I totally thought about that when I decided to hide my sex days on FF and then I chastised myself for being so paranoid...I knew there were people like you out there!!! I think it's hilarious!

I dig the new chart icon...nice going and thanks!!
#123 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love this new chart icon, although I have to say last year when we were TTA I would have been a bit less impressed, lol!

sostinkinhappyI'm so sorry it didn't happen :

Madalyn I totally get what your saying about being torn between the two extremes. We stopped charting in July, just didnt want to be stressed out about it, the month I started back up I got pregnant.

This is my first whole month taking Fertility Blend and I am not impressed with my CM so far . Unless I am Oing later, I usually O on day 11 with 26 day cycles.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#124 of 227 Old 02-27-2008, 11:46 PM

sostinkinhappy I am sad to see you go. I hope that the next few seasons treat you well and a BFP and new babe are in your not so distant future. You call still chart stalk us if you want.
#125 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 AM

I think we are ready to involve a medical practitioner of some kind on this TTC path. The last pap I got was in June, with a midwife I basically picked out the phone book. I doubt I would actually use her if I were pregnant, because of the hospital she works out of. I also don't have a regular physician due to a different hmo every few years changing jobs etc...

I have a referral for a midwife from a friend who is a RN that used to work in a birthing center with her (which is now closed), so I was thinking of calling her. I don't know if her birth setting would ultimately be right for me either, but right now I need help getting pregnant! (Though I would like to not be like, "thanks for the bfp, have a nice life!)

But my question is, call and say what... preconception visit? (which I never had anyway but in theory I don't think you need a doctor to give you the go ahead to do the most basic biologically speaking thing for humans to do in world) check-up? well woman? fertility concerns? or just call and blab my whole life story to the receptionist?

I rarely go to the doctor so I am sort of at a loss as to how to start this, who to call, what to say etc...

any help would be greatly appreciated.
#126 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 AM

Please move me to waiting to know, I am 6 DPO.

Take care!
Jen

Jen, mama to  (M-13, N- 10, C- 8 rainbow1284.gif J- 3.5, and rainbow1284.gifJ -2, angel3.gifA (10/4/07) and 3 early losses)
We are expecting baby #7 in November 2013

#127 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 AM

sostinkinhappy: I wish you all the best and much, much more!!!

Can I be moved to waiting to know please? I don't temp yet so I don't think FF does the little crosshair thingy for me but I had my lovely O pains today. Left side this time. Last month it was the right side. This month the pain didn't last very long and wasn't even close to as severe as previous months. Oh I hope I hope that is a good sign!:

Everyone have a wonderful second-half of the week! Don't they call Wednesdays Hump Day or something.......

Edit to Add: Okay, I found the Manuel Override Button. Something in me just really wanted to see that blue line.

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#128 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 AM

sostinkinhappy, we will miss you! I wish you the best.

I've been super busy with work lately and haven't been posting as much as I'd like, but I've been reading and trying to keep up with y'all! One thing I'm curious about is how your house bid went, Julia???

We get our SA results today, hopefully. I'm nervous... DH is much more nervous though. I feel so bad about how this has made him feel. He keeps saying he has no sperm even though I'm sure that's not true. He always thinks the worst. Already he's joking about donor sperm.
#129 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM

I freaking knew it. : My temp didn't even go back up to where it was two days ago. It's like it's gradually making it's way back down. I waited in bed this morning pleading for the thermometer to say something amazing, like "98.6", but of course the damned thing had to slap me in the face with a measly 98.19. : Obviously, considering the only other cycle I temped, it would be much, much higher by now if I were pregnant. I refuse to believe anything otherwise.

-
#130 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueRhino View Post
I think we are ready to involve a medical practitioner of some kind on this TTC path. The last pap I got was in June, with a midwife I basically picked out the phone book. I doubt I would actually use her if I were pregnant, because of the hospital she works out of. I also don't have a regular physician due to a different hmo every few years changing jobs etc...

I have a referral for a midwife from a friend who is a RN that used to work in a birthing center with her (which is now closed), so I was thinking of calling her. I don't know if her birth setting would ultimately be right for me either, but right now I need help getting pregnant! (Though I would like to not be like, "thanks for the bfp, have a nice life!)

But my question is, call and say what... preconception visit? (which I never had anyway but in theory I don't think you need a doctor to give you the go ahead to do the most basic biologically speaking thing for humans to do in world) check-up? well woman? fertility concerns? or just call and blab my whole life story to the receptionist?

I rarely go to the doctor so I am sort of at a loss as to how to start this, who to call, what to say etc...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi BlueRhino. I live in brooklyn too and I'm a doula. I have a pretty good heads up on the whole birthing community here. I also know a midwife who specializes in TTC. Let me know if you want to talk privately. Maybe I can shed some light.

-cori
#131 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
sostinkinhappy, we will miss you! I wish you the best.

I've been super busy with work lately and haven't been posting as much as I'd like, but I've been reading and trying to keep up with y'all! One thing I'm curious about is how your house bid went, Julia???

We get our SA results today, hopefully. I'm nervous... DH is much more nervous though. I feel so bad about how this has made him feel. He keeps saying he has no sperm even though I'm sure that's not true. He always thinks the worst. Already he's joking about donor sperm.
...he has sperm and they probably aren't as terrible as he's imagining, but I know how he feels, when I miscarried and then realized I had a short LP I could only think of myself as defective. I hope you get some positive answers today!!

We didn't get the house. Quebec has a "right of first refusal" clause, so the first party to make an offer has the right to be notified if any other offers come in and the right to change theirs. Once they heard that we had made an offer they upped theirs to more than the asking price. The only shred of hope at this point is that their offer is conditional on the sale of their house, so if they don't sell it in time we'll get the place. But I'm not counting on that. I'm actually rather ok with it (I don't get too attached to that sort of thing) but Antoine was sort of down about it yesterday

I'm hoping that's the trade off for a BFP!!!! This morning DP said "byebye, you hang on in there little tomato...he meant "bean" I think
#132 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Obviously, considering the only other cycle I temped, it would be much, much higher by now if I were pregnant. I refuse to believe anything otherwise.
Luna, WHY do you do this to yourself??

Looking at each individual temperature won't show you ANYTHING. Temping really only shows you things in hindsight - you have to see the forest through the trees! : That's exactly what Toni Weschler says in TCOYF.

You really, really can't compare this one cycle to that one other cycle... your temps are not going to be spot-on cycle to cycle. I got the highest temps I've ever gotten back in November, and nothing nearly as high in December, and I obviously wasn't pregnant either time.

I'm not replying to you to tell you "it will be all right", because it's not like I can say that with any authority, but I will say that it appears to me that you might want to consider a different approach because you are BEATING YOURSELF UP unnecessarily! It's hard, and none of us are going to deny that... there are people on here who have been trying for years with no results... but making yourself crazy over each new temp just doesn't seem like it's working for you.

As they like to say, it's not over till AF sings.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#133 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliav View Post
...he has sperm and they probably aren't as terrible as he's imagining, but I know how he feels, when I miscarried and then realized I had a short LP I could only think of myself as defective. I hope you get some positive answers today!!

We didn't get the house. Quebec has a "right of first refusal" clause, so the first party to make an offer has the right to be notified if any other offers come in and the right to change theirs. Once they heard that we had made an offer they upped theirs to more than the asking price. The only shred of hope at this point is that their offer is conditional on the sale of their house, so if they don't sell it in time we'll get the place. But I'm not counting on that. I'm actually rather ok with it (I don't get too attached to that sort of thing) but Antoine was sort of down about it yesterday

I'm hoping that's the trade off for a BFP!!!! This morning DP said "byebye, you hang on in there little tomato...he meant "bean" I think

awwww tomato. that's cute!
#134 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM

AF Sung. Please move me to Waiting to O

Luna I agree with Ladylaura. Maybe after you ovulate you might consider not temping. It seems like it is not helping you very much. Actually when I read your post then looked at your chart I was confused, because it was such a big jump. I thought am I looking at looking at the right jump? Anyway GL. Your chart doesn't seem that dismal to me. (Nothing like my chart, and I was still thinking... well maybe something is wrong with my thermometer.

Cori I am sending you a message!
#135 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
AF Sung. Please move me to Waiting to O

Luna I agree with Ladylaura. Maybe after you ovulate you might consider not temping. It seems like it is not helping you very much. Actually when I read your post then looked at your chart I was confused, because it was such a big jump. I thought am I looking at looking at the right jump? Anyway GL. Your chart doesn't seem that dismal to me. (Nothing like my chart, and I was still thinking... well maybe something is wrong with my thermometer.

Cori I am sending you a message!
I bet AF has a really bad singing voice. She's probably tone-deaf.

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#136 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Luna - I gotta agree with the pps. I was confused when I looked at your chart because I think it looks awesome!! You have a huge dip followed by a huge jump! I think things are looking really good for you! I know you are really worried about getting your hopes up, I was too when I was first trying, but recently I've just said to myself, these two weeks are all I get right now and I'm going to enjoy them. I now love the 2ww, I love thinking I could be pregnant, and of course I am devastated when I realize I'm not, but no more so then I was before. And at least I've had those 2 weeks of happiness to bring up my spirits. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Hang in there!

bluerhino - I wish I knew how to keep her away!!!

As for me - My temp dipped!!! I didn't ovulate!!! : I think this is the first time I've ever been excited about not ovulating! DH will be home around lunch today so the bding can begin Unforunately he leaves Monday until Thursday so please send me lots of O vibes!!! I have to O this weekend!!! (or else have a delayed O until after he gets back).

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#137 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:23 PM

Well, I think I'm out too. It's CD 28, and I'm having a little spotting. I guess AF is here to visit.
Man, this is rough. I guess I thought it was no big deal to get pregnant, that's why I worked so hard to avoid it all these years. I thought we would get pregnant our first try, now 2 months later I'm not so sure.
My next step is to start temping and charting. I don't know what else I can do, I mean we seriously DTD every day this cycle! What more does it take?!
So frustrating!
Well, good luck to those of you still in the running! I'll be lurking and stalking your charts!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#138 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post

As for me - My temp dipped!!! I didn't ovulate!!! : I think this is the first time I've ever been excited about not ovulating! DH will be home around lunch today so the bding can begin Unforunately he leaves Monday until Thursday so please send me lots of O vibes!!! I have to O this weekend!!! (or else have a delayed O until after he gets back).
Woohoo for not ovulating!!!! I'll try to send those vibes at the right time!!!
#139 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylaura View Post
Luna, WHY do you do this to yourself??

Looking at each individual temperature won't show you ANYTHING. Temping really only shows you things in hindsight - you have to see the forest through the trees! : That's exactly what Toni Weschler says in TCOYF.

You really, really can't compare this one cycle to that one other cycle... your temps are not going to be spot-on cycle to cycle. I got the highest temps I've ever gotten back in November, and nothing nearly as high in December, and I obviously wasn't pregnant either time.

I'm not replying to you to tell you "it will be all right", because it's not like I can say that with any authority, but I will say that it appears to me that you might want to consider a different approach because you are BEATING YOURSELF UP unnecessarily! It's hard, and none of us are going to deny that... there are people on here who have been trying for years with no results... but making yourself crazy over each new temp just doesn't seem like it's working for you.

As they like to say, it's not over till AF sings.
Quote:
Quote:
Luna - I gotta agree with the pps. I was confused when I looked at your chart because I think it looks awesome!! You have a huge dip followed by a huge jump! I think things are looking really good for you! I know you are really worried about getting your hopes up, I was too when I was first trying, but recently I've just said to myself, these two weeks are all I get right now and I'm going to enjoy them. I now love the 2ww, I love thinking I could be pregnant, and of course I am devastated when I realize I'm not, but no more so then I was before. And at least I've had those 2 weeks of happiness to bring up my spirits. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Hang in there!

bluerhino - I wish I knew how to keep her away!!!

Thanks ladies. I don't deserve such niceness... I am being so selfish and ridiculous. I guess it's really hard for me to think anything good could happen with my body because I have struggled with body image issues for most of my life, and was bulimic up until about 4 years ago. Ironically taking birth control was the thing that stopped me from making myself throw up, for fear that I would get pregnant if a pill came up . I honestly think some of my obsessive worrying in this relates back to feeling like I'm not perfect, but I should be. Does that make sense? I am a perfectionist in most areas in my life, so it's hard for me to just relax & let go.

bluerhino - sorry about AF, she is like The Grinch Who Stole the BFP.

Gillian - glad you have more time to DTD!

-
#140 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
Thanks ladies. I don't deserve such niceness... I am being so selfish and ridiculous. I guess it's really hard for me to think anything good could happen with my body because I have struggled with body image issues for most of my life, and was bulimic up until about 4 years ago. Ironically taking birth control was the thing that stopped me from making myself throw up, for fear that I would get pregnant if a pill came up . I honestly think some of my obsessive worrying in this relates back to feeling like I'm not perfect, but I should be. Does that make sense? I am a perfectionist in most areas in my life, so it's hard for me to just relax & let go.

bluerhino - sorry about AF, she is like The Grinch Who Stole the BFP.

Gillian - glad you have more time to DTD!
I don't think your being selfish at all. This is hard for all of us. And that's why we are all here in this support group -- because we all want this. All of us. So.....I think the best thing is stay positive and know that your body is amazing. And when the timing is right all of us will eventually conceive!!!! As for body image -- oh wow that's a whole other topic.
#141 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 PM

I didn't even bother temping this morning since I cried myself to sleep last night and that tends to give me really high temps.

Life is definitely not fair, y'all. Like you needed someone to say that.

I made up my mind that I'm calling my midwife today and requesting some blood tests. I need to find out now if there is any kind of problem. I can't wait and wait and wait.
#142 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Filiadeluna... Please try to relax, otherwise your DH is going to tell you to stop temping again! I know it can be hard, but really, all the added stress will just make TTC harder. I like BlueRhino's idea of not temping once you pinpoint O.

MaryLang... I think Fertility Blend can take 3 months to level things off, just like plain Vitex.

BioMama... Good luck! I hope the results come back perfectly average.

JuliaV... Is your hubby Italian? I love the 'little tomato' nickname!

BlueRhino... Sorry about AF. Here's wishing you an especially fertile cycle this time, resulting in that beautiful bouncing baby!

Gillian28... I hope you Ovulate on Saturday!!!! Come on eggy, pop on out of that nest! We got some spermies that are gonna just crack you up!!!

WoodlandFairytale... Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. I can imagine how terrible it must feel when you try so hard, only to learn others close to you have succeeded, seemingly without effort. Hang in there. Try to think of this as an oppurtunity for your baby to have a cousin close in age. ((HUGS))

AAM... I am on 5dpo, so, nothing new.

Everybody think reproductive thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#143 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
Filiadeluna... Please try to relax, otherwise your DH is going to tell you to stop temping again! I know it can be hard, but really, all the added stress will just make TTC harder. I like BlueRhino's idea of not temping once you pinpoint O.AAM... I am on 5dpo, so, nothing new.
Nah, he won't. I haven't let on anything to him this cycle. Haven't even talked to him about it except to tell him I was having mild cramps for a few days. I am playing it like I don't care as far as he is concerned. LOL.

-
#144 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Julia-
That is a really cute thing (hang in there little tomato) to say to you.
Spring is around the corner anyway and y'know may 1st is Beltane- the classic getting pregnant/fertility celebration.
#145 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
JuliaV... Is your hubby Italian? I love the 'little tomato' nickname!
He's French Canadian, but I'm Italian and he LOVES being around my Italian family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Julia-
That is a really cute thing (hang in there little tomato) to say to you.
Spring is around the corner anyway and y'know may 1st is Beltane- the classic getting pregnant/fertility celebration.
He can be pretty cute sometimes. He's one of those people who never talks about anything remotely close to emotional, so when he says things like that I know it's really important to him
#146 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 03:32 PM

Julia- How long is your lp normally? You're at 15dpo...looking great...will you test or just wait three more days???

Luna- We all have such complicated histories and lives. It helps me to know where you're coming from, because I definitely have felt sad for your taking this new approach of saying over and over, "it can't be, I'm not going to believe it." I agree with Gillian, and would add that the nice thing (for me) about the 2ww is that now, it's all out of my hands. DP and I have passed the stressful stage of trying to bd every possible second in the lead-up to O, all the while feeling completely unsexy about it, wondering if we'll ever conceive a baby if all our sex is bd and dtd and none of it making love, so to speak.

But now (for me), it's like, "Ahhh. We did what we could, maybe we timed it well, maybe we didn't, but it's all so completely out of my hands now, and I can relax."

Your chart really does look great, but to echo pps, maybe you could try not temping now, and just count the days since you've O'd?

Please know that that's all said with compassion!

Aam- I've taken to chanting, "Come on down, Spirit Baby! Come on and implant! Come on down Spirit Baby! Come on and implant!" over and over, out loud if I'm alone, and rubbing my uterus to show the spirit baby where to go. Mine's a little on the left, so maybe he or she keeps missing it.
#147 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 03:36 PM

Thanks for all the O vibes!! My dh is home now As excited as I was, I think our dog was more excited, she was freaking out - running around the house and whining and shaking. It was so funny. And then she got up on the couch and lied down with her head on his lap just staring at him .

Alice - I think that's a good idea I posted on your other thread too, but I just wanted to say that you know your body and if you feel you need to have tests then you should! Good luck!

Luna - You are not being selfish - we all have our moments where we need to vent and we need everyone to help us. That's the whole point of this board, so we can help each other when we most need it.

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#148 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlaine View Post
Julia- How long is your lp normally? You're at 15dpo...looking great...will you test or just wait three more days???

Aam- I've taken to chanting, "Come on down, Spirit Baby! Come on and implant! Come on down Spirit Baby! Come on and implant!" over and over, out loud if I'm alone, and rubbing my uterus to show the spirit baby where to go. Mine's a little on the left, so maybe he or she keeps missing it.
I'm only at 12DPO (15 would be sweet though because today is taking forever and I feel really nervous). If I'm not preggo my temp should take a dive tomorrow and AF should come the following day, so I'm going to test tomorrow if it doesn't dive. My daytime temps have been over 99 consistently which is pretty high for me (I know that doesn't matter, but I can't help it).

That's really cute about the new mantra...you had me laughing with the uterus thing...I wonder where mine is?
#149 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlaine View Post
Luna- We all have such complicated histories and lives. It helps me to know where you're coming from, because I definitely have felt sad for your taking this new approach of saying over and over, "it can't be, I'm not going to believe it." I agree with Gillian, and would add that the nice thing (for me) about the 2ww is that now, it's all out of my hands. DP and I have passed the stressful stage of trying to bd every possible second in the lead-up to O, all the while feeling completely unsexy about it, wondering if we'll ever conceive a baby if all our sex is bd and dtd and none of it making love, so to speak.

But now (for me), it's like, "Ahhh. We did what we could, maybe we timed it well, maybe we didn't, but it's all so completely out of my hands now, and I can relax."

Your chart really does look great, but to echo pps, maybe you could try not temping now, and just count the days since you've O'd?

Please know that that's all said with compassion!
I appreciate what you've said. I'm happy for you that you can be more relaxed about things, but I am such a control freak that I just... can't. I think I would be freaking out more if I weren't temping again b/c then I'd be paying more attention to every twinge and ache in my body. At least the temp gives me a little more insight so I don't get too excited if unnecessary.

Quote:
Luna - You are not being selfish - we all have our moments where we need to vent and we need everyone to help us. That's the whole point of this board, so we can help each other when we most need it.
Thank you.

-
#150 of 227 Old 02-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
That's really cute about the new mantra...you had me laughing with the uterus thing...I wonder where mine is?

The only reason I know is I've done work as a gynecological teaching associate, helping to teach med students how to do a well-woman pelvic exam, and have had several people search for my reproductive organs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page