The One Thread: Feb 24 -Mar 1 - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 227 Old 02-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
Does anyone know if after you use preseed, do you get, the next day something that resembles ewcm?
i find preseed to be nothing like ewcm after the fact, way way more like watery cm, plus very water soluble. so i think you are good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex80 View Post
Hey ladies! I am waiting to be ready, am charting with an IUD (Paragard, non-hormonal) in place. I lent my BBT thermometer to a friend and won't likely get it back. The new one I bought doesn't seem accurate and I was wondering what brand those who are temping are using?

Mine is a Mabis, cheap-o, bought it at Wal-Mart. I forget the brand of the one I gave away...wish I hadn't!!
you can read some info and a short talk on therm issues here
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=830485

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 01:26 AM

I took care of a little 5 month of boy all day and having only experience with little girl babies, I totally got peed on and it was hilarious. I forgot all about little boys doing that hah. And seeing DH on the couch laying down feeding this baby just melted me. I love knowing he's going to be such a great dad.

I'm having some really weird cramps or something. I'm like 2DPO so go ahead and change me to waiting to know. It's like right around my left ovary and at first I thought they were just like maybe late O pains or something but it just keeps continuing so I'm not sure what the heck is going on.

I'm working tons lately so hopefully that will make the next 2 weeks go by pretty quickly.

Hope everyone has a great week. Let's start this next month off with a bunch of BFPs!!!!

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#213 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 02:04 AM

I'm still just waiting to O here. I've been working on making some small changes to our lifestyle, like using more natural personal care stuff and getting seeds started for the vegetable garden this year. My focus hasn't really been on TTC; I think I've kind of reached a limit with it for now where I feel like it's not going to happen very soon, so I'm going to try to not think about it.

I'm glad you all are talking about birthing books. I want to read so many of them but they don't seem to come up on Paperback Swap, our library doesn't have them, and my book budget is limited. So maybe when I actually do get pregnant I'll order a couple of them. They sound like they're maybe reference books you'd want to hold on to or I would suggest we start a swap for us TTCers to read all these books.

I talked to DH very briefly about maybe homeschooling and he doesn't have any problem with it. I'm not fully certain it's something I'll be able to do, but I'm going to start looking into it a little more. I've always thought it was a good idea in many ways, I just don't have a great grasp on specifics.

I hope you're all doing well and that we get some BFPs for March!
#214 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 06:38 AM

I just ordered some "Merry Mother" from wise ways herbal. I think af is going to be here tomorrow and I need to feel like I'm doing something! I really don't think I can handle another 66 day, anovulatory cycle. I'm also going to make a doctors appointment on Monday, as I'm due for an annual physical anyways and we may as well try to figure out what's wrong with me at the same time. I think 6 months of ttc with crappy weird cycles is long enough.

I think we are going to have lots of bfp in the next couple weeks. I have a really good feeling about a few people who have been here for a while!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#215 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 12:08 PM

Another BFN for me - 12 dpo. I'm starting to get discouraged. I have been spotting for the last 3-4 days, even on the progesterone. The prescription is for 15 days, but I've heard of girls getting bfn's as late as cd 15 and still being pregnant, so I'm nervous that if I stop it early I could inadvertently cause a m/c. But on the other hand, it can take up to 10(!) days for AF to start after you stop, so the longer I take it, the longer I'm pushing off my next cycle. *sigh*. I think I'll just take it till cd 15 and then see how things go.

And DH is going out of state for work again tomorrow, so we're back to the issue of timing intercourse properly. Last month he just told them that he absolutely had to be bad by xx date. Not sure we can do that every month though.

Homebirthing mama of 2
#216 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomerJen View Post
Another BFN for me - 12 dpo. I'm starting to get discouraged. I have been spotting for the last 3-4 days, even on the progesterone. The prescription is for 15 days, but I've heard of girls getting bfn's as late as cd 15 and still being pregnant, so I'm nervous that if I stop it early I could inadvertently cause a m/c. But on the other hand, it can take up to 10(!) days for AF to start after you stop, so the longer I take it, the longer I'm pushing off my next cycle. *sigh*. I think I'll just take it till cd 15 and then see how things go.

And DH is going out of state for work again tomorrow, so we're back to the issue of timing intercourse properly. Last month he just told them that he absolutely had to be bad by xx date. Not sure we can do that every month though.
Your temps are still looking good! Maybe wait a day or two and see what's up!
#217 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 12:37 PM

Bex80 - I bought a cheap pharmacy-brand one and it has been working fine for over a year now

DomerJen - I took a natural progesterone cream last cycle and my temps went down and af started anyway. My lp was increased from 13 to 15 days, I started spotting on day 13 and my temp gradually started going down. I weaned off of it gradually - just in case. (you can see the chart from last cycle (Dec. 20) in my link)

Binkin - I would love to homeschool! That's what I'm planning to do! DH was a little unsure at first, but I think I've managed to convince him

And me - still waiting to O... My temps have been slowly climbing up the last 2 days, but I think it's just a coincidence. My cm was still just creamy yesterday, my saliva has been ferning for over a week now, and my cervix is useless. So I just have to wait and see... Based on past cycles I won't be Oing until after dh get's back next weekend. But I'm still hoping to O before he leaves on Monday :

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#218 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 01:36 PM

CD 1 YAAAAAAAAAY! I've never been so happy to see the old bag show up! Cycle 4 is finally over, after 67 days!

Please move me to Waiting to O

Last time af was here, it was very light and short - just 3 days, and barely more than spotting. If it's the same this time it'll confirm that the last 2 cycles have been anovulatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
I'm still just waiting to O here. I've been working on making some small changes to our lifestyle, like using more natural personal care stuff and getting seeds started for the vegetable garden this year. My focus hasn't really been on TTC; I think I've kind of reached a limit with it for now where I feel like it's not going to happen very soon, so I'm going to try to not think about it.
Binkin I am trying to adopt the same mindset. I think it'll get easier as spring gets closer. I'm going to focus on eating healthy, getting in shape and planning my garden.

and for everyone!

That's the point I'm tryi

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#219 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 02:03 PM

It's over... AF will come in the next couple of days. My temp dropped significantly today, so I know there's not a chance.

-
#220 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 03:50 PM

Luna, i would love to see you work on your mood. Even if it is just a attitude, it is a huge thing. You can be a realist without being so quick to pessimism. Is there anything we can do you boost you us in that venture? I say all this in total support of you.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#221 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 04:28 PM

i'm hanging in here guys. temps are still high 9dpo - i can't believe how long this 2ww is. oy. the good news is my brother and his wife are due any minute. she's been walking around 3cm for over a week. so their baby number two might just come on the day i test positive for #1 -- would that be great.
#222 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 07:14 PM

Carlin - Congratulations on ending you super long cycle! I'm sending you lots of O vibes for this cycle - :

Luna - I'm so sorry I'm still going to hold out a little hope for you I hope you are doing okay.

Corikodjo - Congratulations on your new little niece or nephew! I hope you get a BFP too!! :

I took an opk today and it was negative, so I'm still waiting... We will be dtd Monday morning before DH leaves, just in case I O while he's gone. I'm not too concerned. Mainly because I'll probably O after he gets back, but also because I figure every other cycle we've had perfect timing, so maybe having crappy timing will give us a better outcome

#223 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian28 View Post
but also because I figure every other cycle we've had perfect timing, so maybe having crappy timing will give us a better outcome
ok you get the glass is half full, silver lining, attitude award for the week!!!

#224 of 227 Old 03-01-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka  View Post
ok you get the glass is half full, silver lining, attitude award for the week!!!
Thanks!!

#225 of 227 Old 03-02-2008, 02:05 AM

x-posted- I have a question... what does implantation spotting look like? I had some odd brownish spotting this evening that was more watery than my normal pre-AF spotting. I am not due for AF for another 4 days or so. Maybe I'm looking too hard for signs (I swear, I'm trying to be good ), but this just sort of surprised me since I'm not exactly prepared to start AF yet and it was a different consistency to AF stuff. The only other 'symptom' is that I have been pretty tired all day long. But I'm normally a sleepy person and generally the day AF starts, I am pretty fatigued.

cori, congratulations to your brother and SIL! Here's hoping for a BFP for you soon! :

Gillian, my timing was all messed up this time around, but I think in the end everything as about as timed perfectly as possible. I do think that sometimes the goofiest most messed up cycles can sometimes provide the best outcome, so I hope it all works out for you!

Carlin, glad you're back in the game.

DomerJen- There's still a chance for a BFP! Good luck!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#226 of 227 Old 03-02-2008, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
CD 1 YAAAAAAAAAY! I've never been so happy to see the old bag show up! Cycle 4 is finally over, after 67 days!
WOOOO! I'm glad to hear my cycle twin finally made it onto the next one!

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#227 of 227 Old 03-02-2008, 02:40 AM

It's Sunday, so it's time to close out the old thread and come on over to the new thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page