The One Thread: Feb 24 -Mar 1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To keep the list manageable you will be deleted after a month of not posting.
Please make changes in Bold.

Waiting to O

binkin :
biomama :
Blue Rhino :
Carlin
CatholicBFMama :
Christy1980 :
coltonsmommy
Doodledoo
Erlaine :
folaboye :
Frog :
Gillian28 :
Jennifer3141
JohnsCelticQueen :
Kati
kemaji :
kriket
LibraryMo
Madalyn :
mama2noah :
marieangela
MaryLang
mochimama
Nicole R. :
prothyraia
Rivka :
SimplyRochelle :
Steffie :
sweetirishCT :

:Waiting to Know:

2happymamas :
A Mothers Love
Aly22681
anica :
Babylove2008
Baby Makes 4 :
chisub :
corikodjo :
delphine
DextersGirl :
DomerJen :
emptytank2000 :
EastbayK :
filiadeluna :
finnegansmom
GreenFlower :
juliav :
ladylaura :
maybemom05
missworld
momoftworedheads
ms sig
neveryoumindthere
noeonend
Patchfire :
PookieMom :
puffnstuff :
quasar & smartycat :
Rememberjoy :
sarahf. :
soc :
Stevi :
Thunderscry
TrustingOurBodies :
Whitticus (and fiance)
WoodlandFairytale :

WTF is going on?!?

: Waiting to be Ready :

Amydoula
Bex80
CorasMama
CourtBChase
feminine_earth
gaelicgoddess
kJad29 :
~*Jaime
mamazee :
MissWorld
Pure_AK_Crystal :
sleepingbeauty :
spudmum

:January BFPs!:

PoshMama
sarahinsf :
dani76
ccasanova
mumbub
DreamsInDigital
Baby_Cakes
chels_c2000
hazeleyes
Jörð
Fly Girl

February BFP's
TaraRae82 :
jmamasun
heidirk
Down2Earth :
WeasleyMum
elspethshimon
Skrimpy :
Crunchy Doula
Alison
ttc2008mom :
Amber Lion :
Mrs-Mama
natalieadw

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 11:30 AM

Thanks Aly. You can move me to Waiting to Know. I posted this in another thread this morning but I'll post here too cause I'm so confused about my chart and O day.

of course i woke up super early cause I was so excited about temping to see if I had ovulated. As of yesterday there was no sign of it on either chart. And this morning I got what I thought was a kinda low temperature and both ff and ovusoft moved my O date from what I thought was going to be CD18 to CD to 15 or 14 (depending on which chart). Help!!! What do you all think. Did I totally time wrong with BDing - I'm totally cramping today! And my cervix has been open. I haven't checked yet today.

Also, I have another question. I usually temp around 7am - but I've been waking up earlier on some days (excited to temp) so I take it a bit earlier -- I know the software makes up for this but I'm wondering what people do if they have to pee at like 5am -- but aren't supposed to temp till 7. That happens to me sometimes too.
#3 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 12:56 PM

Still here lurking around.....

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#4 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 01:32 PM

corikodjo - I was wondering this same thing about getting up to pee and then temping a couple of hours later. How does that affect the temps?

Me - Temp is down a bit today, BBs aren't as tender, feeling crampy and cranky...I think AF is just around the corner. If I start spotting in the next day or so, then it's pretty much guaranteed I will be out this cycle. If I am, it's going to be about 12-15 months before we think about trying again. But on the upside, that will give me time to get back down to my "happy weight," finish my Ph.D, and pay off all the student loans.

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#5 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post
Thanks Aly. You can move me to Waiting to Know. I posted this in another thread this morning but I'll post here too cause I'm so confused about my chart and O day.

of course i woke up super early cause I was so excited about temping to see if I had ovulated. As of yesterday there was no sign of it on either chart. And this morning I got what I thought was a kinda low temperature and both ff and ovusoft moved my O date from what I thought was going to be CD18 to CD to 15 or 14 (depending on which chart). Help!!! What do you all think. Did I totally time wrong with BDing - I'm totally cramping today! And my cervix has been open. I haven't checked yet today.

Also, I have another question. I usually temp around 7am - but I've been waking up earlier on some days (excited to temp) so I take it a bit earlier -- I know the software makes up for this but I'm wondering what people do if they have to pee at like 5am -- but aren't supposed to temp till 7. That happens to me sometimes too.
I don't understand why ovusoft thinks you o'd so early...I'd be inclined to go with FF's interpretation.

I temp earlier too sometimes (when DP gets up before me) I've never seen it make a difference. I just note it on my chart that I temped slightly earlier so that if I do start to see something odd I can maybe attribute it to that. But, so far I haven't seen any difference. My temp seems to level out after about an hour and a half of being in a resting state, regardless of time or what I did before. So you should be ok if you temp a little early.
#6 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 02:37 PM

Cori I don't know WTF ovusoft is doing (well I do - it's using your cf rather than your temps - but I don't know why). I don't think FF is right either though. I think you O'd on cd 18 given your cp, cf, and temp drop + jump.

sostinkinhappy Good luck this week. I really hope it happens for you, but it sounds like you have a good outlook on finishing up school and working on yourself and your finances. What kind of program are you in?

Regarding taking temps early, if you wake up to go to the bathroom at 5 and normally temp at 7, I'd take my temp at 5 before I went, then take it again at 7 and see if the change is significant. I'd probably use the 5am temp if it was a lot different. If you regularly wake up at a certain time to use the bathroom, I'd start setting a separate alarm for then and temping before you go. Then just go back to bed until it's time to wake up for the day.

Me Still in the waiting game. I had some fun baby dreams last night, and DH is being more understanding about my "obsession" so that's nice. Nothing much to report, as I'm 6 dpo.

Homebirthing mama of 2
#7 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 PM

cori - glad you finally O'd!

sostinkinhappy - don't give up yet! Your chart still looks better than the other two in the layover, and your temps are higher. It wasn't much of a drop at all.

I had very faint cramps last night and early early this morning. Nipples are fairly sore. I peed a lot yesterday morning... I had gone 12 hours (overnight) without having any liquid, yet I peed like Niagra Falls 3 times in a row. I really need to stop analyzing this stuff as I'm sure my body's just screwing with me. It's too early for anything to mean anything. My temp went up slightly, but not anything special. I guess it's just a guessing game. :

-
#8 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 02:51 PM

Congratulations Plaidpineapple!

As for me, I'm still feeling discouraged today. Then again, I've still got probably at least a week 'til ovulation so I guess we'll just BD a lot and enjoy it and I'll try not to think about TTC. I found a copy of the Wise Woman's Herbal for the Childbearing Year on Paperback Swap so hopefully whoever listed it will be sending it to me soon! I'm kind of excited about that. I'm also really excited about gardening this year. So I'm trying to focus on those things instead.
#9 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 03:19 PM

AAM... Well, I slept awful last night, then temped later than usual, so the temp is pretty innacurate. Which means no temp spike today, plus my cervix is still mushy and I still have EWCM! I guess that means I did NOT ovulate yesterday!

I either want to be wrong and have ovulated yesterday, or I want my body to wait until Tuesday!!! Then I'll have a chance for another insemination tomorrow night. If my donor gets back soon, he's still in AZ!

I've never had such an extended fertile time before. I like it, but the timing is bad! I think this is the first time I've ever noticed my cervix feeling so mushy and it has been more days of EWCM, too.

Now I'm off to buy a couple of OPKs and my saliva is drying so I can check for ferning. I'll check back a bit later.

Oh, it is possible that my temp is wrong towards the low side. My COPD was acting up last night, that means I could have been sleeping with my mouth open. That would give me false lower temps. So, ovulating yesterday IS possible.

Anyway, everybody think a fertile thought and pass an extra on to those in need!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#10 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 03:54 PM

please move me to "waiting to know" :

thanks!!

Jesus-loving wife to my best friend and love of my life , mama to my boys and and our little one, who was blessed enough to go straight into the arms of God (11/09)
#11 of 227 Old 02-24-2008, 08:19 PM

AAM... Well, after running to 3 different Dollar Tree stores and finding out none of them have OPKs, I ended up using a credit card to get the Answer Brand from a grocery store for $20. That's what I usually get, but, I only had about $5 in my pocket, and only wanted to get 2 tests to finish this cycle! Oh well, I guess now I'm prepared for next cycle.

The OPK today was negative, so, I know my surge is over.

I also now have Creamy CM.

I've been thinking about it and have pretty much decided that I O'd yesterday. I temped at around 7pm yesterday and it was like 98.88 and again at 3pm today, it's 98.81. I'm usually way below 98.6, so, I'm thinking my temp this morning read lower than it actually was. (From sleeping with my mouth open)

We'll see in a few days if FF agrees with me.

Anyway, please Move me to Waiting To Know! Thanks, Aly22681!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#12 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

As for me: I am headed to the Dr this morning at 11 for my ultrasound and hopefully trigger shot. Today is cd 13 and I usually always have mature follicles by cd 12 so I'm pretty sure everything will be a go. From there all I have to do is schedule my IUI and get ready for tomorrow!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#13 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 AM

I've had mild cramps on & off for the last 3 days. Had a nose bleed this morning on my way to work. Oh, joy! Luckilly I had tissues in the car, but it was pretty heavy. Then when I got to work I felt this "pulling" fairly strongly on the left side (same place where I felt O pains), but it didn't really hurt much. Anyway.... I guess these are new early PMS symptoms. :

-
#14 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 AM

Stevi - Yeah! I hope this is your month. It would be a nice reward for the stress, eh? Good luck during your 2WW.

binkin - I can't wait to hear all the cool things you learn from your book! Be sure to share the good stuff with us. Have fun BDing this week.

filiadeluna - A guessing game - that's about right! I wonder sometimes if modern technologies (like HPT and OPKs) make this process even more stressful, because it gives us a limited window into our inside processes and leaves us second guessing so many things. I know they are invaluable tools as well, but I wonder if the price of using them is added stress during the 2WW!

DomerJen - Thanks for the advice about temping times, etc. It's all can be a bit confusing and you would think I could get it straight in my brain, but alas I don't know if there is room for it right now. About my degree: I am getting a Ph.D. in Instructional Technology (how & when to use the gadgets, gizmos, and other electronic whizbang tools/toys in learning settings to best support learning & exploration). I love it and love the flexibility it gives me - I have worked in government, military, k-12, higher ed, and the medical field designing "stuff" to teach others something. I don't do much for business because frankly, that makes me want to fall asleep. It's a great field for mom's because so much of the work can be done by telecommuting (before going back to school, I was making $63K a year working from VA for a job based in FL).

Me - Temps are up again today and I had a crazy, crazy dream about being pregnant with Toby Keith's love child (See the Late Feb 2WW thread about the details). I have lots of stuff to keep me busy these next few days so hopefully I won't cave and test too soon. AF is due tomorrow, but no spotting so far or anything like that. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!

Dissertating wife of Mr. Amazing Man, mother to Boo Bear ( ) Captain Knuckle (13), and The Professor (5). Expecting Penelope Rose 5/10/2010 via planned c/s.
#15 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostinkinhappy View Post
Me - Temps are up again today and I had a crazy, crazy dream about being pregnant with Toby Keith's love child (See the Late Feb 2WW thread about the details). I have lots of stuff to keep me busy these next few days so hopefully I won't cave and test too soon. AF is due tomorrow, but no spotting so far or anything like that. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!
Yeah, I read about that. Definitely strange. I still think you're PG.

-
#16 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I've had mild cramps on & off for the last 3 days. Had a nose bleed this morning on my way to work. Oh, joy! Luckilly I had tissues in the car, but it was pretty heavy. Then when I got to work I felt this "pulling" fairly strongly on the left side (same place where I felt O pains), but it didn't really hurt much. Anyway.... I guess these are new early PMS symptoms. :
Ack! I have officially decided I hate the 2WW thing. It sucks.

Sorry about the nose bleed - those are so wretched. I am glad that you had tissue with you in the car. Just to get you into the baby aisle at the grocery store, baby wipes work great for those too because then they don't stick to the blood as it dries like a tissue does. We always keep some in the car for when Captain Knuckle has a nose bleed.

#17 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM

Aly Good luck at the doc!!

Luna Those could be promising signs... I've said this before but sometimes I wish I could go to sleep after ovulation and wake up at the end of TWW. The guess work is frustrating.

Sostinkinhappy You're chart looks fab!!! I'm really hoping you caught that egg.

AAM Blech...I've had a stuffy/runny nose and on and off mild headaches for the past 5 days which is making me feel extremely lazy. My chart is starting to look just like last cycle's so I'm not very confident. I always have a lot of "symptoms" in the first 6 DPO that seem really promising and then they sort of dissipate by 8 DPO. I think it's the build-up of progesterone that does that. Whatever it is I wish it would cut it out.

Oh well...I think I'll go wallow in self pity now
#18 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostinkinhappy View Post
Ack! I have officially decided I hate the 2WW thing. It sucks.

Sorry about the nose bleed - those are so wretched. I am glad that you had tissue with you in the car. Just to get you into the baby aisle at the grocery store, baby wipes work great for those too because then they don't stick to the blood as it dries like a tissue does. We always keep some in the car for when Captain Knuckle has a nose bleed.
Yeah, I used to get them a few times a year as a kid, and even as a teen, but I don't think I have had a nose bleed now for about 2 years. Nose bleeds in themselves don't bother me that much, but since it had to happen while I was in rush-hour traffic it was like...Grrr.

-
#19 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:12 AM

[B]Aly...will you move me to "waiting to know"? [B]I'll be testing either this weekend or early next week. Thanks! And good luck to you!

Sostinkinhappy your chart looks really really good! :

Good luck ladies! The wait will be over soon!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#20 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliav View Post
Luna Those could be promising signs... I've said this before but sometimes I wish I could go to sleep after ovulation and wake up at the end of TWW. The guess work is frustrating.
I wish that too! I hate this obsessing for no good reason.

-
#21 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM

Thought I was getting AF on Saturday night, but, NO. It was a cruel joke. I was out drinking with friends, wonder if the alcohol thinning my blood caused it? Weirdly, the next morning, instead of having a high temp it was really low, causing me to think AF was surely coming... not so.

Plus, since DH told practically everyone we know that we're TTC ( we keep getting asked how it's going. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid when I argued with him about it saying I didn't want anyone to know!
#22 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Thought I was getting AF on Saturday night, but, NO. It was a cruel joke. I was out drinking with friends, wonder if the alcohol thinning my blood caused it? Weirdly, the next morning, instead of having a high temp it was really low, causing me to think AF was surely coming... not so.

Plus, since DH told practically everyone we know that we're TTC ( we keep getting asked how it's going. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid when I argued with him about it saying I didn't want anyone to know!

I know what you mean. My husband got back from a 15-month deployment to Iraq in December and everyone knows we were planning TTC when he got back, and it's all they want to know about. I guess it's nice to have everyone interested and rooting for us, but I wish no one knew so we could work on this privately.

Please move me to waiting to O. Thanks, and good luck Aly!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

#23 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 11:58 AM

I need professional help!!!!!! So, I came to the professionals,

I am 15dpo (I always get af at 13dpo). I have the positive OPKs to show exactly when I Od (and I felt it... always do), but I don't temp. I have so many pregnancy symptoms (peeing all the time, nearly barfed brushing my tongue today, think my boobs are getting bigger, insomnia, etc). Yesterday I took a dollar store test & a FRER. The FRER was clearly negative. The $store had a VERY faint line after it dried. Today I took another FRER, negative. I have NO idea what is going on! HELP!!
#24 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 12:43 PM

I am now Waiting to know
#25 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 12:50 PM

Aly- Good Luck with your IUI! We are gearing up to try one this cycle too.

Please move me to waiting to O. Also, move Mamazee to taking a break and CourtneyATW to dec. pregnancies. Mamazee posted a few weeks ago about taking a break after all her chemicals and Courtney's chart shows a pos HPT back in december. Just trying to help clean up the list a bit...

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#26 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I posted at the end of the last thread, I've been lurking and am kinda new to The One thread. Second cycle after a m/c and waiting to O. We were going to DTD the same days as we got pregnant last time, but are off a day, so we'll see.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#27 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM

Aly22681... Ooooh, I hope you have a nice batch of eggies ready to pop!!!

SoStinkinHappy... Thanks! Yeah, it would be my "just" reward!

Looks like you've usually dipped and spotted by now!! Lookin' good!!!!! Who's Toby Keith?

JuliaV... You're might be missing a possible symptom. The runny/stuffy nose and headaches can also be symptoms of pregnancy. We had a couple weeks here awhile back where a bunch of TTCers thought they had colds, it turned out they were ALL pregnant! I hope you caught the egg instead of a bug!!!

WoodlandFairyTale... I think alchohol usually leads to higher temps. Anyway, I hope your cycle does something soon! You must be going nuts.

Ctdoula... Hmmm, first, be sure to only use First Morning Urine when testing. Second, wait until Wednesday to test again. If it is still negative, test again in another 2 days. If you're still getting BFNs and no AF by next Monday, go in for a blood pregnancy test. I hope your Dollar Store test was a real BFP!!!

AAM... My temp today was almost exactly the same as yesterday. So, I'm saying I O'd on Saturday cd14. I'm pretty sure FF will agree. I hope those sperm were extra vigorous!!!!

Everybody think fertile thoughts!

#28 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

UGH!! I just got back from the DR and for the first time since I started my fertility stuff, my eggs are not mature yet. I am on cd 13 today and they are really small I do have 3 of them though, 13mm, and 2 10mm. I have to go back on Thursday for another Ultrasound and hopefully they will be mature by then and we can do my IUI on Friday. I got a little discouraged today though, bc my dr had "THE TALK" with me. If i dont get pg in the next 3 months he is going to have to refer me to a infertility specialist (which on a side note my ins does not cover, so that should be fun) I know I still have 3 more months after this one, but I am really discouraged for some reason. Ugh, this just sucks! I hate TTC!

#29 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

JuliaV... You're might be missing a possible symptom. The runny/stuffy nose and headaches can also be symptoms of pregnancy. We had a couple weeks here awhile back where a bunch of TTCers thought they had colds, it turned out they were ALL pregnant! I hope you caught the egg instead of a bug!!!
It's true, and it has been more in the evenings than the mornings which is sort of bizarre. It's sure my bbs are bigger and more veiny (I'm Italian so you can't see and veins usually) but I think that can also just be from PMS.

as for your spermies...DP calls them the Olympic Swimmers They can live a while in there with good fertile cm and the really strong ones can into the womb in under 2 minutes!!!

Here's a funny sperm quote:
"Now some of you may be surprised to learn that if a sperm were the size of a salmon it would be swimming its seven inch journey at five hundred miles per hour. If a sperm were the size of a whale, however, it would be traveling at fifteen thousand miles per hour or Mach 20." -Anderson, Laurie. "Mach 20."
(http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/EugeneKogan.shtml)
#30 of 227 Old 02-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
UGH!! I just got back from the DR and for the first time since I started my fertility stuff, my eggs are not mature yet. I am on cd 13 today and they are really small I do have 3 of them though, 13mm, and 2 10mm. I have to go back on Thursday for another Ultrasound and hopefully they will be mature by then and we can do my IUI on Friday. I got a little discouraged today though, bc my dr had "THE TALK" with me. If i dont get pg in the next 3 months he is going to have to refer me to a infertility specialist (which on a side note my ins does not cover, so that should be fun) I know I still have 3 more months after this one, but I am really discouraged for some reason. Ugh, this just sucks! I hate TTC!
I'm sorry Aly...: I'm sure that's frustrating for you, but what business does that doc have giving you talk with 3 tries to go?? As for those eggies...3 sounds good. They say it's the magic number!!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page