CM- if it stretches, is it always EWCM? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so frustrated with interpreting my CM. I typically O after CD 17, usually more like CD 25 or later. Right now I am on CD 9 and swear I have EWCM. It's opaque and stretches at least an inch. What gives? I notice this nearly every cycle. When is EWCM *really* fertile CM?
#2 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I am so frustrated with interpreting my CM. I typically O after CD 17, usually more like CD 25 or later. Right now I am on CD 9 and swear I have EWCM. It's opaque and stretches at least an inch. What gives? I notice this nearly every cycle. When is EWCM *really* fertile CM?
It doesn't have to stretch a long way to be fertile. In fact, the first time I noticed I was fertile (and conceived), I wiped and the wipe was "really slippery". The second time I conceived, I also noticed a lot of "round" wet on my undies- but not as much slippery. (I'd read somewhere that if it is we and forms a round spot in your undies it is fertile- that is, if you're sure it isn't pee! ) Another time, I noticed I was ovulating - like the TCOYF picture- long, egg-white strand off the TP- but that was back in 1996 and I did NOT conceive that cycle.
#3 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
It doesn't have to stretch a long way to be fertile. In fact, the first time I noticed I was fertile (and conceived), I wiped and the wipe was "really slippery". The second time I conceived, I also noticed a lot of "round" wet on my undies- but not as much slippery. (I'd read somewhere that if it is we and forms a round spot in your undies it is fertile- that is, if you're sure it isn't pee! ) Another time, I noticed I was ovulating - like the TCOYF picture- long, egg-white strand off the TP- but that was back in 1996 and I did NOT conceive that cycle.
I seem to notice "more" slippery EWCM closer to my normal O time. But this stuff sure stretches. I don't know what else to call it, except EWCM for charting purposes. In my undies (well, panti- liner) it looks creamy, kind of white-ish. I KNOW I'm not fertile. I've never O'd before CD17. So why this CM that looks like EWCM?
#4 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Uh, I have noticed this the day after DH and I DTD, semen will also have this appearance if you have recently had sexual intercourse.
#5 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlewomyn View Post
Uh, I have noticed this the day after DH and I DTD, semen will also have this appearance if you have recently had sexual intercourse.
Unfortunately, not a chance. It's been a few weeks
#6 of 9 Old 02-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I seem to notice "more" slippery EWCM closer to my normal O time. But this stuff sure stretches. I don't know what else to call it, except EWCM for charting purposes. In my undies (well, panti- liner) it looks creamy, kind of white-ish. I KNOW I'm not fertile. I've never O'd before CD17. So why this CM that looks like EWCM?
My EWCM was clear. The stuff that is more like hand lotion is pre-ovulation. Its probably looking more like it because of increased estrogen, even though you're not quite to ovulating yet.

Also, semen is very thin comparitively, and has a distinctive odor.
#7 of 9 Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM

I was just looking up some info in TCOYF this morning, and she seems to indicate that any color (clear, opaque, yellow, pink) of slippery cm counts as fertile, but she also only includes stretchy under the slippery category, not under the creamy category. So I don't know ... I've noticed the same thing, though, around CD9 (but that is a week or so before O for me), and I seem to get hardly any clear ewcm even closer to O.
#8 of 9 Old 02-25-2008, 06:30 PM

I sometimes get some CM after my period that is stretchy but not slippery. It's more "rubbery"-stretchy. Hard to explain. And sometimes hard to tell the diff. At times like those, I start studying my cervix to see if it feels soft and open.
#9 of 9 Old 02-25-2008, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
My EWCM was clear. The stuff that is more like hand lotion is pre-ovulation. Its probably looking more like it because of increased estrogen, even though you're not quite to ovulating yet.

Also, semen is very thin comparitively, and has a distinctive odor.
Yes, I definitely can tell the difference between semen and CM, odor is only one way. My CM now only looks hand-lotion-y in my undies. When I touch it, it stretches. This is why I really don't know what to call it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
I was just looking up some info in TCOYF this morning, and she seems to indicate that any color (clear, opaque, yellow, pink) of slippery cm counts as fertile, but she also only includes stretchy under the slippery category, not under the creamy category. So I don't know ... I've noticed the same thing, though, around CD9 (but that is a week or so before O for me), and I seem to get hardly any clear ewcm even closer to O.
Yes, looking back at the past several months of charting I always seem to have EWCM early in my cycle, and then later before O. This just seems odd to me though. And if we ever use this method to AVOID pregnancy it will mean a looooooong period of potentially fertile sex and thus the need to use other protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rana View Post
I sometimes get some CM after my period that is stretchy but not slippery. It's more "rubbery"-stretchy. Hard to explain. And sometimes hard to tell the diff. At times like those, I start studying my cervix to see if it feels soft and open.
I can barely reach my cervix. I can only tell firmness, I've never been able to feel the opening. It is tilted back or something and my fingers are not long enough

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page