Nursing Mama TTC in March - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 217 Old 03-05-2008, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because- I'm so sorry

Can you please move me to 2ww I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday. I had a positive OPK early yesterday and sore nips and a thermal shift today. We'll see if the Vit B6 and preseed make any difference this month. We only BD'd 2x during my fertile phase, so I'm not getting too optimistic this cycle.

Good luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#62 of 217 Old 03-05-2008, 07:52 PM

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well.... and are all nice and fertile=) I am on day 48 of my cycle, and have shown no signs of ovulation since feb 19th. I am starting to think I am having an anovulatory cycle. It has just been too long to be testing BFN on tests to be pregnant, and still no AF! I am really not all that surprised I am getting negatives because I had every symptom in the book before I tested positive with DD and I don't feel at all out of the ordinary except for a little aching and cramps here and there that I am going to pass off as my endometriosis coming back finally. I guess it is just so frustrating because I have had my periods back for months while BF and I have been bugging hubby about having another baby... he is finally ready... and AF is a no show!! I don't know anything about things I can take to help me ovulate that are safe while breastfeding. If anyone who knows could possibly give me a few things to consider it would be very much appreciated!! Good luck and BFP vibes to you alllllllll!!!
#63 of 217 Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM

because I'm so sorry
I have been remaining true to my goal of having a non-obsessive month. I'm on CD24 and I think 8 dpo. If AF doesn't come by the end of the next week, I think I'm going to test then. I think I tested too early last time and then got all depressed with the BFN, but wasnt' sure if I should hold out hope, etc.
Dd still nursing like crazy! Especially at night.
Good luck to all of you!
#64 of 217 Old 03-06-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykhat View Post
Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well.... and are all nice and fertile=) I am on day 48 of my cycle, and have shown no signs of ovulation since feb 19th. I am starting to think I am having an anovulatory cycle. It has just been too long to be testing BFN on tests to be pregnant, and still no AF! I am really not all that surprised I am getting negatives because I had every symptom in the book before I tested positive with DD and I don't feel at all out of the ordinary except for a little aching and cramps here and there that I am going to pass off as my endometriosis coming back finally. I guess it is just so frustrating because I have had my periods back for months while BF and I have been bugging hubby about having another baby... he is finally ready... and AF is a no show!! I don't know anything about things I can take to help me ovulate that are safe while breastfeding. If anyone who knows could possibly give me a few things to consider it would be very much appreciated!! Good luck and BFP vibes to you alllllllll!!!
Sorry, I know I'm not going to be much help here....but, I do know that some breastfeeding ladies have used Vitex to nudge AF to return or regulate. That's all I really can say about that. I'm sure others will have more info. as far as that goes.

How old is your nursling? How frequently is she/he nursing? Still lots of night-nursing? All these things can affect some mamas more than others. Are you charting temps or just fertile signs? It *can* take several months for your cycles to regulate after getting that first PPAF.

Good Luck!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#65 of 217 Old 03-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Ryan's Mom- Thank you for the advice, I had heard about Vitex, but don't know much about it. Everything I read said that I should use it under doctor supervision if BFing so I am not really sure? But as for your questions, DD is 8 months old, she is sleeping through the night most nights now, and eating two solid meals a day, though I do use my milk in the food. I got AF back at 3 months PP and before that I was spotting every two weeks. I had AF every 27-28 days even though I was nursing allll the time day and night! Then halfway through my last cycle she finally started eating a lot more solid food and started sleeping through the night. I had signs of O the cycle, once before I was expecting to O-1/30, once right when i was expecting it 2/6, and then again when I expected AF 2/19 so I knew it was a wierd cycle. But even going by my last signs of O I am still late!so it leaves me thinking I just never did because i have had neg HPTs and no real PG signs, other than no AF!!=) I had not been temping but I think now that DD is sleeping through most night I will start as soon as this cycle... the longest cycle ever=)... is over. I am just worrying I guess that my body is deciding not to have periods anymore now that we are TTC. Thank you for humoring me! I know there is nothing anyone can really do but it helps getting other opinions and venting about it=)
#66 of 217 Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allykhat View Post
Ryan's Mom- Thank you for the advice, I had heard about Vitex, but don't know much about it. Everything I read said that I should use it under doctor supervision if BFing so I am not really sure? But as for your questions, DD is 8 months old, she is sleeping through the night most nights now, and eating two solid meals a day, though I do use my milk in the food. I got AF back at 3 months PP and before that I was spotting every two weeks. I had AF every 27-28 days even though I was nursing allll the time day and night! Then halfway through my last cycle she finally started eating a lot more solid food and started sleeping through the night. I had signs of O the cycle, once before I was expecting to O-1/30, once right when i was expecting it 2/6, and then again when I expected AF 2/19 so I knew it was a wierd cycle. But even going by my last signs of O I am still late!so it leaves me thinking I just never did because i have had neg HPTs and no real PG signs, other than no AF!!=) I had not been temping but I think now that DD is sleeping through most night I will start as soon as this cycle... the longest cycle ever=)... is over. I am just worrying I guess that my body is deciding not to have periods anymore now that we are TTC. Thank you for humoring me! I know there is nothing anyone can really do but it helps getting other opinions and venting about it=)
Obviously I don't know too much about your situation, but I just wanted to say that your baby is so young. I wouldn't try to rush, or stress about what you don't have much control over (ovulation) & enjoy our little one. They grow so fast & she'll be a toddler before you know it. That being said, I understand how frustrating this all can be.

I am on cd 36 & I am really confused! I never really had fertile cm, but I did get ferning on my ovulation scope on the 1nd & 2nd, that is also when I had the most cm, though it was stringy & thick, not at all ew. Howver that is also when my o pains started & they haven't stopped, though the cm is very little, still stringy, & the ferning has stopped totally. So I am thinking that either my body just doesn't want to let that eggy go, or I did o on the 1stor 2nd & I could be pg. We did bd on the 1st but with protection since the plan isn't/wasn't to start trying officially til Sept I guess if the pains don't go away, af doesn't show up & I don't get any fertile cm, I'll test late next week just in case.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#67 of 217 Old 03-07-2008, 03:48 PM

could you move me to 2ww please?

I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday. We had sex the day before and used pre-seed so I think my chances are as good as they're going to get!
#68 of 217 Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Please move me to waiting to O

On CD3 and it looks like we were off on our BD'ing by 1 day. Hubby and I don't get much time together since I work days & he works evenings & weekends. Ds is still up 2-3 times a night to nurse. I luckily had vacation time around my O date and we were able to BD uninteruppted.

Night weaning is not happening right now as I am tired of ds hitting me violently at night yelling, "I WANT MILK NOW!!" "I NEED MILK!!"

Oh well...at least I have a cycle back! It seems to be the same 32 day cycle I had pre-baby.

Here goes PP cycle #4. We will not be actively trying this cycle as I will O around the 24th and we really don't want a baby that close to Xmas. However, sometimes the Universe has different plans!

all around!

Michele
#69 of 217 Old 03-08-2008, 12:36 AM

Hello ladies! It's been awhile since I checked in.

I finally have some good news.. my HCG is back to zero at LAST. I had bleeding/spotting for 7 weeks post-m/c and it finally has stopped as well. Seems my body just wanted to take it's time to get back to normal.

I'm due to O any day now if this is going to be a typical cycle. We aren't holding our breath this month but it sure would be a nice surprise! I'm interested to see what my LP will do. It was slowly lengthening with the help of B6 when I got pregnant in December, so I might have to start taking that again. I guess time will tell..
#70 of 217 Old 03-08-2008, 02:21 AM

Can I be moved back to Waiting to O please?

Bummer. LP seems to be getting shorter?! This whole thing is just so baffling. Perhaps I am one of the unlucky mamas who have to wean to conceive. I just have NO idea how to do that, or even if I want to . .. we've come this far, after all . . .

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#71 of 217 Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Sorry Amy
Are you having regular cycles? I am wondering if I o at all even though my cycles are regular. Dd is still nursing like crazy.
Well, I bought a 3 pak of POAS's today, prepping for Friday, when I plan to test. I hope AF stays away and there's a BFP for me.
Happy weekend of BD'ing for those of you that are o'ing now!!!
#72 of 217 Old 03-10-2008, 12:43 AM

I am nursing my 13 month old ds and waiting to catch that first pp egg--I think. I haven't gotten af yet, but my cm was back this month after I cut back on some nursing.
#73 of 217 Old 03-10-2008, 03:41 AM

I am waiting to O

No AF since 12/31, and gettin kind of worried. I had 5 good cycles after no AF for 29mos PP, and then they just stopped. I have been under alot of stress, and hoping that I can bring them back naturally.

Comments, anyone?

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#74 of 217 Old 03-10-2008, 03:59 AM

I don't know if I am pregnant or not, but I thought I would join in this thread for support, since I am nursing my 19 month old and we are TTC.

I usually have cycles that are 37-40 days long. Last month was awful because my cycle was 49 days long and I was convinced that I was pregnant. I am now going on day 55 of my cycle and still no AF. I had a BFN almost two weeks ago. I took the test 2 1/2 weeks after I thought I O'd (thinking it was bound to be a BFP if I was in fact pregnant). So that was really disapointing as I was sure we finally got that egg!

I haven't been able to bring myself to pay for another HPT, since they are so expensive, so I just a bunch online last week for a little more than what we've been paying for one test at the store. The wait is so terrible! I hate not know if I am pregnant. If I'm not, I just wish that AF would get here already so we could start over! I really hope those tests I ordered come soon because I don't know how much longer I can wait. But at the same time, I am completely terrified to take a test, because I don't know if I can handle the disappointment of a BFN. I don't see how the last test I took could have been false, since I waited more than two weeks after ovulation. But I also don't get why AF isn't here already! I have no symptoms of being pregnant, other than the late AF. But at times, I just feel deep down that I am, but I won't let myself believe that I am until I get a BFP. It is such an emotional rollercoaster, this TTC thing!!!

Anyway, it just feels better to get it off my chest! Thanks for listening!
#75 of 217 Old 03-10-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

sphynxcat I added you to the list. Hope your stay here is short.

sraplayas stress can play a big role in your cycles. I don't know much about them, but have you looked into vitex or evening primrose oil?

bright_eyes I am so sorry, it can be horribly frustrateing. I admire your dertermination in not testing again. I hope your tests arrive soon. I added you to the 2ww list, but hopefully we can move you soon to sucess!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#76 of 217 Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I posted yesterday, but apparently my post in lost in cyberspace somewhere I am cd39 of my 1st pp cycle & I am not still not sure if I already o'd or if my body just keeps gearing up to o, but isn't for some reason. I've been going back & forth with tiny bits of ewcm & lots of stringy/sticky cm for 10 or so days. As well as o pain on the right side for about 10 days. I had some ferning on my ovulation scope for 2 days about a week ago, but nothing since then. I think I will look into vitex since I don't know much about it.

#77 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Ladies, I`m soooo excited. I got my very first PP period 18 months into the breastfeeding game. Now we can start TTC from zero instead of minus one.

Please, move me to waiting to ovulate.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#78 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 10:44 AM

Please add me to the group!
Hi mamas - been posting in the main ttc spot hoping to move quickly to the pregger one! Aren't we all? But I am still nursing (and loving it!) so it just made sense to come on in!
This month was crazy so I didn't track my cycle (head of a theatre dept and in the middle of production) and OF COURSE I wish I had! I'm cd32 with LOTS of pregger symptoms and no bfp yet! I took a digital this morning fully expecting a pos and it wasn't! And yet no af!! From what I can figure if I O'd late, I might be about 10dpo...is that still too early to test with a digital?
I'm going to wait a couple more days to test again. Usually by now I'm either spotting or full on. Dh and I dtd last night and I was SURE I was pregger b/c if I am close or late and we do it starts some spotting - but nothing! Oh I am SO up and down!!

Quote:
It has just been too long to be testing BFN on tests to be pregnant, and still no AF! I am really not all that surprised I am getting negatives because I had every symptom in the book before I tested positive with DD and I don't feel at all out of the ordinary except for a little aching and cramps here and there that I am going to pass off as my endometriosis coming back finally. I guess it is just so frustrating because I have had my periods back for months while BF and I have been bugging hubby about having another baby... he is finally ready... and AF is a no show!!
Hugs mama! I feel your pain!! Hang in there! I'm praying for a big ole positive any day how!!
#79 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Just checking in! I'm 7DPO and I don't think I'll test until 12DPO or later (if af stays away that long). My LP is usually 11 days, so I figure that's a good test of my willpower. We'll see!

Sorry to hear about all of you that are struggling to make sense of your cycles. I wish I had more advise to give, but I don't! Just lots of

Good Luck everyone!

Laura

#80 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 01:19 PM

I recognize a few of you here. For those who were on the list from Oct to Dec/Jan...you may remember me. Dec/Jan is when I abruptly left the list. It was too hard to be here. Sorry about that.

Well, I came back to post about my last cyle. I varied between 27 and 31 day cycles. This cycle I had zero fertility signs. I had no O cramps, no cervical fluid, no positive OPKs, no nipple tenderness.....nothing. I hadn't tempted so I didn't have that to go off, but everything else pointed to an anovulatory cycle. DH and I had sex 3x total this cycle....and it was not timed in any way as I had no signs of O.

I made an appt to see a NP for tomorrow. I figured I'd test this morning just to see the negative before going to the NP. Guess what I saw on my hcG test for my "anovulatory" cycle? The biggest, fattest, boldest line I have ever seen!!!!!

I tried to take a pic but I can't get my camera to focus on it.

So I've canceled my appt for tomorrow.

Just when I had gotten the most frustrated, resentful, disheartened, and gave up.....it happened. I think there's a lesson here for me.
#81 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Katica : It's so exciting isn't it? I hope your cycles are normal enough that you catch an eggie soon!

risen_joy I've never used a digital, but on any test, I've never gotten a bfp befor 11 or 12 dpo. Hope you get yours soon! I'll add you to 2ww.

ryan'smom keepin my fingers crossed for you :

#82 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I recognize a few of you here. For those who were on the list from Oct to Dec/Jan...you may remember me. Dec/Jan is when I abruptly left the list. It was too hard to be here. Sorry about that.

Well, I came back to post about my last cyle. I varied between 27 and 31 day cycles. This cycle I had zero fertility signs. I had no O cramps, no cervical fluid, no positive OPKs, no nipple tenderness.....nothing. I hadn't tempted so I didn't have that to go off, but everything else pointed to an anovulatory cycle. DH and I had sex 3x total this cycle....and it was not timed in any way as I had no signs of O.

I made an appt to see a NP for tomorrow. I figured I'd test this morning just to see the negative before going to the NP. Guess what I saw on my hcG test for my "anovulatory" cycle? The biggest, fattest, boldest line I have ever seen!!!!!

Just when I had gotten the most frustrated, resentful, disheartened, and gave up.....it happened. I think there's a lesson here for me.
Congrats!!! It is crazy how often I hear stories like that. I think it is a lesson for us all, sometimes you just have to let go a bit. Thanks for shareing your story!

#83 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Any nursing mamas ever tried Soy Isoflavones? It's supposed to work like a natural Clomid, but with out all the side effects.

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#84 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 PM

Hey I see I'm gone from the list. My computer died. I FINALLY got to the library. I MIGHT have a home computer again tomorrow YAY!

anyway.........I am zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07 (still nursing) and you can add me to FEBRUARY SUCCESS STORIES

I found out on the 22nd. Had my first m/w visit on 3/6 and EDD of HALLOWEEN!

wow I'm about to have 3 kids 4 and under :

lovin DH since 1/04, SAHM to 3 boys 10/04, 11/08, 11/10 one girlie (1/07), and one 13 wk (10/13) just your average :ha ng multigenerational living family!!
#85 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Any nursing mamas ever tried Soy Isoflavones? It's supposed to work like a natural Clomid, but with out all the side effects.
No but I can't wait to hear if someone else has!!

And congrats zakers_mama!!!!
#86 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakers_mama View Post
Hey I see I'm gone from the list. My computer died. I FINALLY got to the library. I MIGHT have a home computer again tomorrow YAY!

anyway.........I am zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07 (still nursing) and you can add me to FEBRUARY SUCCESS STORIES

I found out on the 22nd. Had my first m/w visit on 3/6 and EDD of HALLOWEEN!

wow I'm about to have 3 kids 4 and under :
CONGRATS!!!! : Wow! 3 kids under 4, you're a brave lady

#87 of 217 Old 03-11-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:

Hey Kleine....super duper congrats to you :
I was only stalking the thread then, but I remember your abrupt departure. So glad things are better H&H 9months!
#88 of 217 Old 03-12-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrykas View Post
Night weaning is not happening right now as I am tired of ds hitting me violently at night yelling, "I WANT MILK NOW!!" "I NEED MILK!!"
: That cracked me up (well except for the violent hitting part). I'm in the same boat as Dd is nursing most of the night. Whenever she wakes up she says "other milk" and we switch sides. I don't have enough energy for night weaning and have just learned how to sleep while nursing. I actually only wake up when she wants to switch sides.

But...I'm wondering how this all affects my fertility. I have had pretty regular cycles for about a year, but don't really know if I O or not (not temping right now). I do have clear mucus around what I think is O time. Could I be having regular periods, but not ovulating???

No AF for me yet (CD29), but I have had a few cramps off and on all day. She would be due tomorrow if she were coming. I plan to test on Friday if nothing happens.:
#89 of 217 Old 03-12-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:

I just wanted to say that I do remember you, I was here too! And still here :

:

Congratulations!!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#90 of 217 Old 03-12-2008, 08:17 AM

Hello everyone... I hope you are all doing well and staying strong. I wanted to say thank you so much for everyone who tried to help me or had kind words... I know I had not been on here long but when you are confused and frustrated about what your body is doing... it can make you feel pretty alone. Now, I can't believe I am going to say this... because I was CONVINCED there was something very wrong with me and that maybe I was having thyroid issues and that is why I was getting BFN but no period and feeling like crap.... But... last night I got 2 light positives... husband didn't believe me!!! And this morning a darker BFP!!! That means I finally got my BFP on CD 54!!! that just seems crazy to me. I know I O'd late but that was on Feb 15th, so that means I am still 26 DPO before I got my positive. I had stopped taking tests and the last one I had taken was on the 3rd, 17 DPO ... so it might have shown a little sooner... but still that is a long time. So.... I guess you're not out till your out! With DD I just knew... and no one could tell me I wasn't pregnant... I just knew from the time I conceived... this time... you could knock me down with a feather. I just hope that it not showing up for so long doesn't mean something is not right in there. Sop again thank you to everyone... and good luck!! I am proof that the never ending cycle can actually end up with a BFP

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page