Nursing Mama TTC in March - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 217 Old 03-14-2008, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CONGRATS MOCHIMAMA!!!!

Nothing much here ttc wise...just waiting for o...ho hum!! :

Anyone know about the EPO if it does cause m/c or not? Would love to know if that was wrong or not. Thanks and bfp's to us all!
#122 of 217 Old 03-14-2008, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post
CONGRATS MOCHIMAMA!!!!

Nothing much here ttc wise...just waiting for o...ho hum!! :

Anyone know about the EPO if it does cause m/c or not? Would love to know if that was wrong or not. Thanks and bfp's to us all!
It makes sense that EPO use in early pregnancy could result in m/c because it is used to help soften the cervix & start labor at the end of pregnancy. So I Googled it & I only found 1 place that even makes that connection. But here it does suggest that EPO can cause m/c (look under precautions).

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#123 of 217 Old 03-15-2008, 02:50 PM

Can you add me to the list - I've been lurking for some time. Sometimes this site makes me sad because I'm still here TTC - for about 9 months now. But, I enjoy reading about other nursing moms TTC because if I were to ask most people I know they would just tell me to wean my ds (30 months). Oh, I'm waiting to O. I know I've been O'ing because I've using ovulation predictor strips. I read here that the day before O is the best for the BD so maybe I'll try that next time around.

Can anyone tell me more about Soy Isoflavones? Is this just soy milk etc... or is it a special supplement?

Thanks for the support!

Mama to 8 yo ds and 4 yo dd.treehugger.gifhomeschool.gifjumpers.gifbellyhair.gif
#124 of 217 Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Greenmama13! Hope your stay with us is short. I don't know anything about the soy isoflavones. Hopefully someone who does can give you more info.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#125 of 217 Old 03-15-2008, 09:26 PM

I got a BFP today!!!!! Well, it's not quite big and fat, more like very faint, but it's a line, and a line is a line, right?!

So now I think FF was wrong and must have O'd sooner. Here is my chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/c3716
I got a light but definitely easily visible + today, which would only be 9 DPO if I O'd on CD16, and it wasn't even FMU - it was like 2:30 in the afternoon when I POAS.

It was funny, I was out running errands today while DH was playing in the yard with the kids, and I picked up a pg test at Target thinking I'd save it (yeah, right!) for Monday or Tuesday because I figured it was too early....then I had to pee badly on the way out so I figured, why not? I took the test in the public bathroom at Target, ROFL! Of course I had to wrap it up in toilet paper and bring it home to show DH and make sure I wasn't crazy!!

Anyway, lots of baby dust to all of you!!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#126 of 217 Old 03-15-2008, 09:54 PM

yaaaaaaay congrats bundlefish!!

i checked out your chart -- and it looked to me like you Od on CD13 (which just goes to show that ff isn't foolproof!).
wishing you a very H&H 9 months
#127 of 217 Old 03-15-2008, 09:54 PM

Sigh! I got AF yesterday. Day 58 of my cycle. My cycles just seem to be getting longer and longer, and I don't understand why. Does it just take awhile before fertility fully returns? I got AF for the first time post partum in September, and am not only starting my five cycle.

I want to chart but don't know how I can. I have been checking for EWCM for months but I don't always see it because it seems that I don't get a lot of it when I do.

I would love to take my basal body temperature but ds is still a constant night nurser, so I don't get 3 hours of uniterrupted sleep prior to waking.

Would my only other option be to by those ovulation strips? How accurate are they anyway?

On kellymom it says that a small percentage of women cannot get pregnant while nursing. I get worried each month that goes by that I could be in this category... Has anyone had this happen or known anyone that this happened to?
#128 of 217 Old 03-16-2008, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_eyes View Post
Sigh! I got AF yesterday. Day 58 of my cycle. My cycles just seem to be getting longer and longer, and I don't understand why. Does it just take awhile before fertility fully returns? I got AF for the first time post partum in September, and am not only starting my five cycle.

I want to chart but don't know how I can. I have been checking for EWCM for months but I don't always see it because it seems that I don't get a lot of it when I do.

I would love to take my basal body temperature but ds is still a constant night nurser, so I don't get 3 hours of uniterrupted sleep prior to waking.

Would my only other option be to by those ovulation strips? How accurate are they anyway?

On kellymom it says that a small percentage of women cannot get pregnant while nursing. I get worried each month that goes by that I could be in this category... Has anyone had this happen or known anyone that this happened to?
though i'm not en expert, i have worked w/nursing moms for many years, and in my experience, most do get pg pretty easily while nursing -- but usually once their child is around/past 2. yes, once in a while i have come across a mom who can't conceive until she weans, but it tends to be rare. i suspect that it's more likely for moms who had trouble conceiving the first time.

but it depends on a lot of things -- how often your child is nursing, whether he/she is nursing at night, your own particular hormones...

it does sound like your fertility is still in the process of returning -- but it's normal that it takes a while, and can change based on your child's nursing patterns. charting is by far the best way to figure out if/when you are ovulating. (my dd2 is also a constant night nurser, but i seem to get a pretty good idea of where i am in my cycle based on my temps, nevertheless. as long as i don't actually get out of bed for long, my BBT seems reliable) the OPKs work for some, but not for others -- and can be tricky to use if your cycles are long.

hope that helps. good luck!
#129 of 217 Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Evening primrose oil has been used by midwives to start labor or to shorten the length of time that women are in labor during the delivery of a baby. If it is taken during pregnancy, it may increase the risk of miscarriage or complications; therefore, evening primrose oil should not be taken during pregnancy
Quote is from that site re EPO...thanks for sharing maciascl!! So...maybe it's good to take BEFORE O'ing but stop after?? Hmmm...looks like I have to go get a new bbthermometer. My son took off with my old one - could be anywhere right now!

So has any other mamas used it?
#130 of 217 Old 03-16-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats BundleFishMama! It looks to me like you o'd on cd 15

I am so sorry your frustrated bright_eyes.

Has anyone else read Taking Charge of your Fertility? I got this book from the library last week & OMG I have learned so much already. I thought I already pretty much knew the basics, how to temp, check my cm etc..., but this book tells you so much more details of the hows & whys. I highly recommend it

#131 of 217 Old 03-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Congratulations to all of you who got BFP. I have been lurking on this board for a while and have just started posting this past week. I also just started temping. I am wondering if what I am seeing on my chart is implantation. If any of you have a minute could you look at my chart and tell me what you think? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/a3e5b. I was planning on testing on 10 dpo but I looked at bundlefishmamma's chart after her BFP and it looks like you test on 9 dpo? I should try to wait until Tuesday but I just don't know if I have the patience. Kamie

Mommy to DS (12-05) DD (9-10) wife to DH :
(2/05, 6/06, 6/08, 9/08 ) Due 5/11
#132 of 217 Old 03-16-2008, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Kamie, It's hard to say. Any spotting or cramping?

I am on CD46 of my 1st pp cycle & I really feel like AF is comeing, but I have felt that way for 3 days now & no sign. That is not normal for me. I think I may have o'd on the 1st, but I am not sure. This could also have easily been an anovulatory cycle too because my signs weren't too clear. I am so confused...but I think that is going to be the basic theme for awhile

#133 of 217 Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 AM

maciascl- No spotting or cramping but I feel really bloated. This morning I couldn't resist and took a preg test (BFN) today is 9 dpo so it is still early and I am still holding onto some hope. I am starting to feel like AF is coming. My temps are still up. Af comes anywhere from 28-36 days for me so I this friday will be 28 days. You are right confusion is the theme. This is my first month charting so I have nothing to compare it with. I sure wish I had started earlier so I would know if these temps are usual for me. Kamie

Mommy to DS (12-05) DD (9-10) wife to DH :
(2/05, 6/06, 6/08, 9/08 ) Due 5/11
#134 of 217 Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Hey,
Can I join you guys? I'm still nursing my 15 month old ds & ttc #2... I believe I'm 3dpo and I plan on testing on the 31st when/if I'm late for af

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#135 of 217 Old 03-17-2008, 10:28 PM

Can I please be moved to 2WW

So I go to a womens spiritual gathering once a month. It was just on Fri and they were doing a meditation about love and the woman asked us to think about the purest love. When she did that all I could see was my whole uterus glowing. It was the coolest thing ever!!!! I am trying not to read too much into it but wouldn't that be so cool if I got PG this month. Also the timing was really good because I am ovulated over the weekend I think. Needless to say I hurried home on Fri
#136 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 08:39 AM

Can I be moved to Success Stories? I'm a little bit stunned, still. DH and I had decided that, if I got my period, I'd go on the BCP to help relieve my PMDD.
Then I tested, and voila, 2 lines! We're very happy.
#137 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwensMa View Post
Can I be moved to Success Stories? I'm a little bit stunned, still. DH and I had decided that, if I got my period, I'd go on the BCP to help relieve my PMDD.
Then I tested, and voila, 2 lines! We're very happy.
: congratulations :
#138 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

3for_me What an amazeing story! I really beleive in a mind-body connection. GL!

OwensMa YEAH!! : H & H 9mo to you!

I was sure AF was comeing the last few days, but nothing yet. I even bought a test the other day, but I soaked it & made the ink run so I got no lines at all BTW, I really doubt that I am pg, as we used a condom. My plan isn't really to ttc for a few months. I was going to hang out here & obsess with everyone else while I got familiar with my cyles & fertility signs. The idea of having 2 kids less than 2 1/2-3 years apart scares me, otherwise we'd be really ttc now.

I am now cd47 & still no idea what's going on. If I did actually o onthe 1st I am probably preg since AF has shown up yet. If I didn't o...then who knows when I will. I really wish I'd just start bleeding to start a new cycle.

#139 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM

May I join this thread as well. I am 35 yo and hoping that this month will be when we conceive number 4. First son was a total surprise. Second pregnancy conceived after inducing first pp cycle with progesterone, Nursed first son all through that pregnancy and weaned about 6 weeks after delivery. First son was 3 when second son was born. Third son was conceived after taking one cycle of BCP (progesterone didn't work this time) Second son nursed about 1/2 way through that pregnancy.

I have tried vitex, EPO and vitamins, they didn't work for me.

This time around, pprogesterone, and BCP did not work and I am trying Clomid.

I think that if it doesn't work I am probably going to have to wean son... I am 35 and obviously not super fertile. I feel like my time is running out.

On cycle day 19 with no + opk so far
#140 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmama13 View Post
Can anyone tell me more about Soy Isoflavones? Is this just soy milk etc... or is it a special supplement?
I asked about Soy Isoflavones earlier this month on the list. No one else seems to know anything much about it, but it is the proteins in soymilk. You can get it in pill form. Here is an interesting thread from another forum about it: http://www.soulcysters.net/thinking-...cd-5-9-a-7981/

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#141 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 PM

Congratulations to all the BFPs!

I think I can be moved to 2WW I'm pretty sure I o'd yesterday morning. It was weird, I think it was the first time I've ever actually felt it. I had slight cramps and just a strange feeling down there. I just graduated from college so am actually relaxed now, maybe that's why I felt it.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#142 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM

CONGRATS OWENSMA!!!!!!
#143 of 217 Old 03-18-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chic2chic View Post
though i'm not en expert, i have worked w/nursing moms for many years, and in my experience, most do get pg pretty easily while nursing -- but usually once their child is around/past 2. yes, once in a while i have come across a mom who can't conceive until she weans, but it tends to be rare. i suspect that it's more likely for moms who had trouble conceiving the first time.

but it depends on a lot of things -- how often your child is nursing, whether he/she is nursing at night, your own particular hormones...

it does sound like your fertility is still in the process of returning -- but it's normal that it takes a while, and can change based on your child's nursing patterns. charting is by far the best way to figure out if/when you are ovulating. (my dd2 is also a constant night nurser, but i seem to get a pretty good idea of where i am in my cycle based on my temps, nevertheless. as long as i don't actually get out of bed for long, my BBT seems reliable) the OPKs work for some, but not for others -- and can be tricky to use if your cycles are long.

hope that helps. good luck!
I have never even thought to take my temp because of my all night nurser!!! So you really can get results even if you are waking thoughout the night to nurse? I thought you had to have at least 3 hours of sleep prior to waking and taking your temp in order to get accurate results.

I would love to start charting if it is possible. Is there any particular brand/type of thermometer that is recommended over others? Do I need to take it at the same time every morning or just when I wake? Can I find out this month when I ovulate by taking my temp with enough time left for dh and I to bd and catch the egg or do you only know after the fact?
#144 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 12:06 AM

So how long do your nipples say sore when you O?

Mine have been sore since Thurs and I'm just not sure what is going on with my body. I had AF on Feb 25 and 2 weeks later(which was last week) I had spotting one day after sex. Along with the sore nipples I am also having tons of CM so I know that I am Oing or getting ready too but I don't remember them hurting for this long :shurg:
#145 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 AM

New on this thread, well, this board in general but thought I'd chime in. i'm a BF mama with a boy who will be 1 year old (!) next week! We have not used any birth control so far after his birth, as we want another baby within the next 1-2 years and were just trying to space naturally. However, I felt silly saying "TTC" when I had no fertility signs.

BUT I got my period this month, followed by changed in CM, a HUGe peak in desire, and cramping "down there". We've also been in a good pattern of doing the tango every couple-three days. . .so I guess now I'm waiting to know (WTK?)? My son is still all-night nursing but my nips are sore this week--that is why I chimed in to the previous poster, I have it too, but don't know what it means. . .sorry.

PS I read the abbreviation sticky but I am so bad at that stuff!
#146 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM

My daughter was always an all-night nurser when I was temping and I definitely saw my fertility return via the temps. The clear ovulation was really a happy thing.

What's taken forever is a return of good quality cervical fluid. I barely get ANY egg white. Waaaaaaaa...

But I definitely temped even though the idea of 2 solid hours of sleep let alone three or four was a... dare I say... distant dream? :-)

--Heather
#147 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
My daughter was always an all-night nurser when I was temping and I definitely saw my fertility return via the temps. The clear ovulation was really a happy thing.

What's taken forever is a return of good quality cervical fluid. I barely get ANY egg white. Waaaaaaaa...

But I definitely temped even though the idea of 2 solid hours of sleep let alone three or four was a... dare I say... distant dream? :-)

--Heather
So you can still be ovulating but not have enough good quality cervical mucous to get pregnant?

I wonder if that is my problem... I never see any EGCM by wiping, I have to actually insert my finger and try to pull some out and even then, I barely get any.
#148 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 06:41 AM

Bright eyes, I wondered if temping would work for me since I nurse ALL night. I just, in the last few days, starting taking it at a consistent time, and I think that really does make a difference, regardless of how many times you wake to nurse. I mean, I figure if I'm consistently nursing all night, then that is consistent, know what I mean?

My temps were all over the place, you can look at my chart, but when I started taking it at 5 each morning, it was very consistent. Actually, I think I just ovulated!

Oh, and I think I actually felt myself ovulate yesterday too! Does anybody know, if I ovulated yesterday during the day, then BD in the evening, if there's any chance? I know the egg can live up to 12 hours, I guess it depends.....

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#149 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM

bright eyes: my own temping is very un-scientific, but i can definitely see a pattern every month, and i'm confident based on my temps that i'm ovulating. (you can check out my chart)

i aim for temping at 6 a.m. -- my dd generally wakes up for a major nursing session around 5, and often i can't fall back to sleep. so i get up, sneak into the bathroom (otherwise the thermometer beeping would wake everyone up) and temp before doing anything else. it's usually anywhere between 5:30 & 6:30 a.m., and sometimes even earlier. i'm pretty sure i never get a 3-hour stretch of sleep past midnight, but somehow my temps still show a clear pattern, and over the course of a few months have given me a good idea of when i O.

(i think my temps are fairly consistent because we co-sleep -- if i had to get out of bed to nurse, i'm not sure it would work as well.)

so while it may not work for every nursing mom, it is certainly worth a try. you do need a special thermometer for basal body temp (not just a regular digital).

as for EWCM, the only way i know i have any is by checking internally (i check my cervix, too). but lately i've had a lot, and can easily pinpoint my most fertile period based on that. nursing can lower estrogen levels, which are responsible for EWCM, so you may have less when you're nursing. but many have successfully conceived without any EW...

ms. pacman: if you BD after Oing (or if your temp has already gone up), it's not impossible but chances of conceiving are much slimmer.

good luck to all the nursing mamas!
#150 of 217 Old 03-19-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_eyes View Post
Can I find out this month when I ovulate by taking my temp with enough time left for dh and I to bd and catch the egg or do you only know after the fact?
normally the temp rise occurs only after the fact, so you may have a better idea by next month. but you can still look for a temp dip, check your CM, and BD as often as you can when you see temps in a lower range if you're still in the early part of your cycle. HTH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page