Poet, you're in my thoughts today!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Everyone SO MUCH! What nice wishes to wake up to, makes a big difference. I'm pretty confident I'm not preg. The 2 vials of blood tested only 5.8 and 7 for progesterone and a neg. early test today. So I won't look back. Okay here we go (i'm hungry already...). Thanks again.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 03-07-2008, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quate

and
:

hop right in, I put you in the main list, do you have a chart for us to stalk?
Wow 7 cycles since Oct! I'm all the way at the other end, just halfway through my 3rd cycle since then.
Hope you stay here is short an sweet and ends in a bundle of joy!!!!

jencat........ twins!!!!? wow double the joy!!!!! when did you find that out?

poetgirl, glad you got pretty good confirmation that nothing was there to be "disturbed" what a strange clinical term. Healing thoughts and :

As for me well temps are so low it is humorous, certainly did not O. Started checking my therm was working every day by taking temps again after i woke up for the second time and making sure they were higher (also been doing the math and seeing if they adjust acordingly, im pretty much spot on with the .1 rise per 1/2 hr thing)
DH and are keeping up activity in case it comes late, he is in heaven and I'm pretty much loving it too, it is sure right what they say about how the more you have the more you want.
Dh was sweet and said i had his permission to pout for a few days and feel frumpy, how cute. and today mentioned that the silver lining if we don't get preggo before he leaves is that he wants to take his mid tour R&R someplace sexy in Europe! I could go for getting knocked up on a Europe vacation!
More down to earth, is that last night and this morning, i have had strong O twinges on my right side. Not the side i have had all the problems with, so this is a new thing and might mean i an gearing to go, just a bit late.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 03-07-2008, 04:36 PM

Afternoon ladies! Poet I hope you're doing well (after?) surgery.

To those who haven't O'd or have been visited by AF, next month it's all about you - it'll happen!

Jencat - twins! Wow! Congrats!!

As for me, I had a faint FRER BFP yesterday and a much darker one today! Using a Clearblue Digi tomorrow morning before hubby leaves on business trip and scheduling a doctor's visit to seal the deal with blood work next week. So very excited!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:49 PM

(still waiting to leave for surger, west coast afternoon...)

but...

JENCAT!!! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited to hear about TWINS! I'm getting pretty teary thinking about it!!!

and..

YEAH! CHRISTGPA! WOW! :::

Old 03-07-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
Well, it looks like I'd better wander over and join you ladies. I turned 30 yesterday, and it looks like AF is showing up today, meaning I'm on to cycle 7. ETA: So your list is right, this is since Oct 2007. I had a really short cycles in there.
Happy Birthday! Welcome to the group.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christigpa View Post
As for me, I had a faint FRER BFP yesterday and a much darker one today! Using a Clearblue Digi tomorrow morning before hubby leaves on business trip and scheduling a doctor's visit to seal the deal with blood work next week. So very excited!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka  View Post
As for me well temps are so low it is humorous, certainly did not O. Started checking my therm was working every day by taking temps again after i woke up for the second time and making sure they were higher (also been doing the math and seeing if they adjust acordingly, im pretty much spot on with the .1 rise per 1/2 hr thing)
DH and are keeping up activity in case it comes late, he is in heaven and I'm pretty much loving it too, it is sure right what they say about how the more you have the more you want.
Dh was sweet and said i had his permission to pout for a few days and feel frumpy, how cute. and today mentioned that the silver lining if we don't get preggo before he leaves is that he wants to take his mid tour R&R someplace sexy in Europe! I could go for getting knocked up on a Europe vacation!
More down to earth, is that last night and this morning, i have had strong O twinges on my right side. Not the side i have had all the problems with, so this is a new thing and might mean i an gearing to go, just a bit late.
Wonder if the stress from the box and the other stuff going on just delayed you for a bit. Keep having that fun, but yeah, a European baby would be very cool.
Quote:
Congratulations!!! :::

Jencat - Twins!?! Awesome! Congrats!!

Poet: You are in my thoughts today too. Glad you got the "will not disturb" test results back! Hope your recovery will go smoothly and quickly!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:40 PM

congrats, christigpa!!!

And, I just made a chart. I've been doing this on paper for the past two months, but I decided mutual stalking is always fun . So here is the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fac52
Old 03-07-2008, 05:41 PM

It's BEAUTIFUL, Quate!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM

Thanks, frog
Old 03-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:

: CONGRATULATIONS, christigpa!!! :

Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
It's BEAUTIFUL, Quate!
dork.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Sign me up, please.

I'm 32, this is my second cycle (TTC since Feb 2008). I have endometriosis so I've been apprehensive though I've been on suppressive therapy since 2003.

I have vulvodynia, so it's been a long road to get to where the baby dance was even possible.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:46 AM

You are getting a very sad poet here. The devastation continues. My cervix was the rare and unexpected case of not being able to dilate in surgery. They tried for 40 min. and ended the surgery undone. I am completely doused with drugs and nothing. Not to mention we have to redo this at the end of March and then (no one bothered to tell me this before), we can't have sex for 2 more weeks on top of that. I just feel this huge roadblock in front of me. How friggin' hard is it to remove a polyp the size of a pencil eraser? I'm ready to just give up. I feel so much pressure to get preg. before we move and have to get a new RE, but mostly because I'll have to reapply for insurance and I will most def. get denied now because of this pre-existing BS. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to find a bright side, but not tonight.:

Old 03-08-2008, 02:10 AM

Oh, Poet, how disappointing.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 03-08-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
You are getting a very sad poet here. The devastation continues. My cervix was the rare and unexpected case of not being able to dilate in surgery. They tried for 40 min. and ended the surgery undone. I am completely doused with drugs and nothing. Not to mention we have to redo this at the end of March and then (no one bothered to tell me this before), we can't have sex for 2 more weeks on top of that. I just feel this huge roadblock in front of me. How friggin' hard is it to remove a polyp the size of a pencil eraser? I'm ready to just give up. I feel so much pressure to get preg. before we move and have to get a new RE, but mostly because I'll have to reapply for insurance and I will most def. get denied now because of this pre-existing BS. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to find a bright side, but not tonight.:
Oh, Poet. Am I allowed to feel sad and frustrated on your behalf? To have to go through all the waiting and preparation and undergo general anesthesia for nothing?!? And now to have to wait some more? Grrrrrrrrr.

Dear Universe,
Please stop messing with my Poet.
Now.
Thank you,
mischievium
Old 03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
soc

Thread looks good!

Can you please update my name to say TTC since Nov 2006[/B]

Thanks

-soc
Old 03-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Poet, what a yucky thing to have to go through! Yuck! I hope you're feeling better today. Keep strong. It'll happen for us all when the timing is right. Did they say what might be different the next time to try and get your cervix to dilate? I'm just curious.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:35 AM

AF came this morning. I couldn't believe it. I was 3 days late and kept getting negatives - but my temps were high and I just knew I was +. What a bummer! And why o why must my cycle be 34 days? I always had 28 day cycles until TTC. What's up with that?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivka  View Post
dork.
Well. Yes.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Oh, poet. I'm so, so sorry.

Hang in there, Cori.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Poet - I'm so pissed off for you!!! If they have to redo it later, why couldn't they do whatever they're going to do next time, yesterday??? Wouldn't they be prepared for something like that? Stupid medical field... they just don't have the sense of urgency and common sense about our bodies that we have...

So are you home? How are you feeling today? Probably like shit... I hope your DH will be home and taking good care of you.

I really feel for you, honey. It's not fair what many of us have to go through to get a baby... You deserve to get a healthy PG NOW.

I suppose if you've found that silver lining by now it's similar to what it was before... once this surgery is over and you've recovered, you and DH can start trying again. The surgery will "fix" things so you will be able to get PG, right? It will just take longer (again) than expected...

And moving to Kalamazoo... wow! I grew up in the Detroit suburbs but never spent much time in Kalamazoo. Michigan is beautiful, though. Like you mention - lots of trees! And the great lakes are pretty cool. Make sure you visit Lake Michigan in the summer. And Mackinac Island. And Lake Huron. I haven't seen these places in a long time but remember them fondly from being a kid there.

They are having a pretty bad economic downturn right now. Hopefully, it won't be hard to find a job... But you should be able to use your equity to buy a really nice place - or two!

Take care of yourself, honey. You have permission to be pissed off, frustrated, witchy, teary, etc. as much as you want this weekend.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:09 PM

You are all the best. Thank you for the support. I really needed it.
I feel pretty fugly here recovering from a surgery I didn't have but had drug-wise. So, we do it again I guess in 2 or 3 weeks. Next time I go in days before and take something to start dilating my cervix ahead of time. I guess they didn't do that before because it's pretty rare. What sucks besides not having the surgery is that no one ever told me that it might not work. When I was waking up and they were taking the breathing tube out of my mouth and saying it didn't happen I just lost it. Next time if we do it before I ovulate, I guess it's possible I won't get AF for 4-6 wks. So this means I sort of give up. Not trying, but trying to control this. I just can't believe that going to the RE back in Dec. essentially meant halting. We've been in waiting mode for 3 mths. So I've decided that when we can start again, not only will I do double clomid, we will do IUIs and I will go to acup. every week. If my cervix is this tight, maybe that's making it harder for all the "on the low side of normal" sperm to get up there. I mean, 16 tries and nothing? I know some of you know how I feel, but it's like I keep uncovering things that are "wrong" here, first the progesterone, then the hypothalamus thing, then the polyp and now a cervix that won't dilate (which I guess is good to know before I give birth, kwim?). Still, makes me feel like it really might be hard to actually get preg., harder than it's been so far. There should be a "let it be" smilie, woman throwing her hands up in the air with maybe a little halo over her head...thanks again everyone.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:05 PM

Oh, poet.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

nashvillemidwife

may your stay with us be short and sweet!!!!

Do you have a chart to include?

Poet my dear poet, boy have you dealt with more than your fair share, keep strong, be kind to yourself and know that we are rooting for you

As For Me hmmmm i see two days of high temps, can i get three and some crosshairs maybe????? (oh and my cp went pretty low and firm finally!) I am not trusting this weekend too much so will stay calm for a few more days, and if the temps stay high i will ask for a 2nd progesterone test on what would then be 7DPO

Old 03-09-2008, 11:58 PM

Thank you. Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fa744
Old 03-10-2008, 10:07 AM

Insems are done for this cycle--did our own yesterday around noon, then the midwife came about 8 to do the IUI. Alas, that IUI didn't go as planned. My cervix was either closed or tipped funny and the sample ended up being left near my cervix. We're hoping for the best.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:23 AM

Hi ladies!

Thanks so much for the well-wishes!! I am still in shock about having twins... I'm nervous about it - the pregnancy and the after-care!! Until they're about 5 years old, it sounds like a lot of work!

Luckily there is a local support network for twin families.

DH and I were at the u/s together Thursday when we saw the twins - before the dr even said anything! It's weird but we weren't really surprised... probably b/c of the clomid...

Christigpa - congrats to you!! We haven't heard from you in a few days... Did you tell DH? How are you doing?

Welcome Nashvillemidwife! I hope your stay is short.

Poet - sounds like you have a plan, honey! It WILL happen for you.

Frog - I've got my fingers crossed for you...

For all of you!
Old 03-10-2008, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just added my chart to my signature so I am now seeing if it works!

User Tag List