TTC #1 In Our 30's MARCHing aTHREAD! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2008, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
YEAH!!!!!!!!! I DID IT! IT WORKED! Something worked! I am polyp-free!
Woot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2008, 07:15 PM

poetgirl--that's wonderful!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:18 PM

Hooray! What a relief!

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

oh what great new to hear today, sooo glad you are doing good Poet!!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
This is relief beyond relief! I dreamt last night the OB was waking me up and saying it worked, so I kept replaying that image in my head while I was waiting. I'm super groggy now...I keep falling asleep and when I wake up I can't remember if it happened and if it worked, but then I get it. I was really fearing it wouldn't happen again. It's just coing to feel SO good to actually get to try again or strive as Adorkable would say.
Thanks Y'all for the support out there! Keep the success coming for us all in all our varied paths and challenges!
I just came out of lurking to say congratulations!!!! Woohoo!!!! : Let the games begin....

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamaToBe View Post
Well, AF showed up here. I was really sure this month was our month. We both were. Sometimes I think expecting the worst is less hurtful than being really hopeful and upbeat. It hurts even more when you are expecting good news than when you expecting bad news.
EMTB. For me, I'm no good at pretending to be negative, when I'm really feeling hopeful-- I mean, I'll downplay it to other people, but inside if I'm feeling hopeful there's not much I can do to squelch it. The only months that hurt less for me were ones that I had a specific reason to believe it wouldn't happen-- like this month, I'm not holding out much hope now that we are fairly sure DH has antisperm antibodies. But it's been a rollercoaster from an semen anaylsis (SA) with a "low count" (where I felt no hope for that next cycle or two), to being told by the urologist that what we had been told was "low count" was perfectly fine (hope springs back with a vengeance!) to now (back to very little hope of this happening naturally).

Quote:
I think finding a way to giggle a bit about it was good for me because I went in with a fighting spirit and as for the stick, well...I got through it! It's in! I'm feeling less weepy about it and perhaps even a little fierce as in *Let's Do This Thing!* I'm pretty crampy but it's not like I've never had cramps before and i can't technically "feel" the stick. It's actually made of seaweed (who knew?), I'm a total ocean girl (my poetry book is titled "Salt Memory" and I'm like a triple water sign), so when I heard that, it didn't feel so invasive, like some plastic splint. So, my cervix is welcoming it and I am thinking expanding thoughts and hoping for the best. I am told it usually works. Hmmm, sounds familiar.
You are in my thoughts today, Poet! I hope all goes well!!! :

Quote:
HUGS Mischievium! This sounds like a lot to sit with while you're waiting : for those appts. I wish you could sched. the RE appt. NOW. I swear it's like getting in to see OZ, these people. I keep expecting a purple horse and a band of munchkins to walk out of the fertility dept. I hope you and your DH are managing as best you can and that the urologist can provide a lot of clarity. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for all of this to progress speedily for you two. :
"We represent the Dildo-Cam League, the Dildo-Cam League, the Dildo-Cam League, and in the name of the Dildo-Cam League, we'd like to welcome you to R-E Land."

DH and I are doing fine, it's just a lot of waiting to wait, at this point. We're also trying to figure out what to do, as far as whether to see an RE here, or at that point transferring care to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
Well, yesterday was CD1 for me. All is well.
Olerica.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
This is relief beyond relief! I dreamt last night the OB was waking me up and saying it worked, so I kept replaying that image in my head while I was waiting. I'm super groggy now...I keep falling asleep and when I wake up I can't remember if it happened and if it worked, but then I get it. I was really fearing it wouldn't happen again. It's just coing to feel SO good to actually get to try again or strive as Adorkable would say.
Thanks Y'all for the support out there! Keep the success coming for us all in all our varied paths and challenges!
Okay... so we've just revealed how very long it takes mischievium to compose a post. In the time that I was composing my prior post, you posted this and multiple people responded !

So YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Poet! I am *so* happy for you that they were finally able to remove the polyp! Here's to finally being able to start moving forward!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischievium View Post
Okay... so we've just revealed how very long it takes mischievium to compose a post. In the time that I was composing my prior post, you posted this and multiple people responded !

So YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Poet! I am *so* happy for you that they were finally able to remove the polyp! Here's to finally being able to start moving forward!!!
I'll drink to that for all of us!

Thanks again everyone!

Michievium, I am def. singing your song next time I swing through the fertility clinic! :
Glad to hear that you and DH are weathering the wait as a team. When do you expect you'll officially move to Seattle? The moving/RE thing is a tricky issue that we are processing too. We've got at least 3-4 mths, so we're going to maximize the next 3 cycles, double clomid, weekly acup., maybe an IUI. We are scared to start all over again there and the insurance issue is a big question. Maybe if it's more than a month and you can get in, start here so you have an idea of how your situation is best handled, but begin finding an RE there too before you go? I'm really sorry you had such a rollar coaster ride with the SA being not good, fine and then worrisome again. There is no roadmap here, is there?

Olerica, Hugs for CD 1. Spring Solstice is tomorrow, a sweet time to start a cycle. Hope it's "the one."

Nashville Midwife, 97.5 is likely no rise yet, see what happens tomorrow. GL!

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 AM

Got the rise today. Thanks. This is making me crazy.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Poet - YAYYYY!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM

Well, my temp has been up slightly the past few days, so either I already O'ed, or I am about to. Maybe. This is complicated by the fact that I've been feeling slightly off for the past few days--like maybe I have a very mild case of the flu or am about to acquire one. So I can't rule out an extremely low grade fever being the cause of the slightly elevated temps. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I don't have my last two charts posted, but this intermediate rise is normal for me, apparently. I just don't know what it means.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 PM

Well that temp spike I saw yesterday kept rising through the roof. I have the flu. So now on top of having to cancel the big Easter family dinner, I still don't know if I ovulated. Plus, I can't take my mega vitamin C or tamiflu for fear of hurting a baby I don't know if it's even possible was conceived.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:38 PM

Yay Poet! Now there's a use for seaweed that I would never have dreamed of in a million years.

Mischievium - between your song and Wicked, I don't think the Wizard of Oz will ever be quite the same again....

Happy spring to all
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
Well that temp spike I saw yesterday kept rising through the roof. I have the flu. So now on top of having to cancel the big Easter family dinner, I still don't know if I ovulated. Plus, I can't take my mega vitamin C or tamiflu for fear of hurting a baby I don't know if it's even possible was conceived.
Boy this has been a tough year for illness. Nashville Midwife and Quate
, I am so sorry that your possible O has been eclipsed by the flu. I've had that happen before. It's dreadfully uncertain, eh? Do know though that if you are preg. it seems getting sick is not supposed to have a neg. impact. Here's hoping you O'd just fine and that you feel better soon. :

Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?

Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
, I am so sorry that your possible O has been eclipsed by the flu. I've had that happen before. It's dreadfully uncertain, eh? Do know though that if you are preg. it seems getting sick is not supposed to have a neg. impact. Here's hoping you O'd just fine and that you feel better soon. :

Something interesting is happening with me...after months of feeling really sad about our fertility problems, I feel *hope*. I spoke with my sister yesterday who is also struggling with IF (she's older and has had 3 failed inject/iui cycles, preparing for ivf now). She was really negative (and no judgments there, she's been through a lot). She kept saying we should think about ivf and a 10% chance of clomid/iui working is really a 90% chance of it not working. This phone call did me a great service though because it knocked my intuition right into place. I got off the phone and felt so fierce again, (like Mischievium's Joan of Arc quote to the core), like whether whatever we do next "works" or not, I have to believe in my body COMPLETELY. I can't just emotionally give up. I woke up in the middle of the night and again, the intuitive voice was practically screaming LOVE YOUR BODY, TALK TO IT! So I did. I just laid there in the night telling each part how much I respected it and was grateful for it. I feel today I am in such a different place, almost a little ecstatic. Even if this transformation does not lead to pregnancy, feeling this way is much better than the anger and sadness it has replaced. I may feel different tomorrow, but for today, I'm choosing LOVE. Anyone else?
Jen,
OMG! I am so there with you! I am so in love with my body right now, despite it's faults. I don't know if it was the first day of spring yesterday (though we are getting like 5" of snow right now) or WHAT! I feel fierce and happy!
I'm so glad that the procedure you had done worked the way it was meant to, but even moreso for your new found optomism.

Yea you!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
Well, my temp has been up slightly the past few days, so either I already O'ed, or I am about to. Maybe. This is complicated by the fact that I've been feeling slightly off for the past few days--like maybe I have a very mild case of the flu or am about to acquire one. So I can't rule out an extremely low grade fever being the cause of the slightly elevated temps. We shall see what tomorrow brings. I don't have my last two charts posted, but this intermediate rise is normal for me, apparently. I just don't know what it means.
Isn't chart interpretation fun? I feel you, there have been so many months when only in hindsight did I figure out what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks was going on. I'm sorry you're not feeling well .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvillemidwife View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry you're sick and it's interrupting and frustrating everything, nashville .

When I had the worst cold I can remember having at the beginning of February, I remember saying to my DH at one point, "But what if I'm about to ovulate? Can we GIO if I don't kiss you on the lips?" In that situation, OPKs are very helpful-- mine was negative, so I got to just sleep and DH got to escape exposure without worrying that we might be missing our chance.

Quote:
Good for you, poet! I'm glad that you're feeling hopeful and at peace with your body. I'm feeling relatively neutral right now as I continue to wait for test results to come back.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:

Poet. I loved reading this! Yes, I'm choosing LOVE too. Thanks so much for the post. It's made my day. Happy fertile thoughts to all. Be empowered!
Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

hi girls, just letting you know that my darling darling DH is taking me on a cruise for a week, i'll be back next Sunday. I think i will still have internet, but for obvious reasons will not be on it much, if you need anything with the list I will do my best to get it done or it can just be handled on monday when i come home. I will also get to making the April thread at that time.

as for my baby making update, i have started taking provera again to end my cycle, and i am not sure if i an going to go with clomid or not. i am having a personal struggle of feeling like a failure as a woman, call it babyED or ovulary disfunction, but baby making vaiagra seems like a small defeat for me to stomach, so i am not quite there yet. Dh is loving me and supports what ever i decide and we have the clomid if i decide that.
right now i am going to go rest, enjoy the honeymoon we never had and get served fruufy drinks with little umbrellas in them!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
hi girls, just letting you know that my darling darling DH is taking me on a cruise for a week, i'll be back next Sunday. I think i will still have internet, but for obvious reasons will not be on it much, if you need anything with the list I will do my best to get it done or it can just be handled on monday when i come home. I will also get to making the April thread at that time.

as for my baby making update, i have started taking provera again to end my cycle, and i am not sure if i an going to go with clomid or not. i am having a personal struggle of feeling like a failure as a woman, call it babyED or ovulary disfunction, but baby making vaiagra seems like a small defeat for me to stomach, so i am not quite there yet. Dh is loving me and supports what ever i decide and we have the clomid if i decide that.
right now i am going to go rest, enjoy the honeymoon we never had and get served fruufy drinks with little umbrellas in them!
Enjoy every minute of it!!!!!! And have a umbrella drink for me!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:02 AM

Negative test, here, and I feel like I'll bleed any time, now. Next stop for me: A reproductive endrocrinologist. Feh.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
Negative test, here, and I feel like I'll bleed any time, now. Next stop for me: A reproductive endrocrinologist. Feh.
Frog, I am so very sorry. Sending lots of

Adorkable, Have a wonderful time with your DH!:

Old 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
Jen,
OMG! I am so there with you! I am so in love with my body right now, despite it's faults. I don't know if it was the first day of spring yesterday (though we are getting like 5" of snow right now) or WHAT! I feel fierce and happy!
I'm so glad that the procedure you had done worked the way it was meant to, but even moreso for your new found optomism.

Yea you!
Oh good, yahoo for body love! I agree, a little spring equinox is quite sweet on the psyche. I'm glad you're feeling a similar burst!
Let's see 5 in. of snow, upper midwest...Minnesota maybe?

Corikodjo, Thanks! on empowerment!

[I'm feeling relatively neutral right now as I continue to wait for test results to come back.]
Mischievium, this makes a lot of sense. : for test results and for waiting.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Oh good, yahoo for body love! I agree, a little spring equinox is quite sweet on the psyche. I'm glad you're feeling a similar burst!
Let's see 5 in. of snow, upper midwest...Minnesota maybe?

Corikodjo, Thanks! on empowerment!

[I'm feeling relatively neutral right now as I continue to wait for test results to come back.]
Mischievium, this makes a lot of sense. : for test results and for waiting.
yep...Minneapolis to be exact.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:36 PM

Oh, I LOVE the Twin Cities. I'm a Katie.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Oh, I LOVE the Twin Cities. I'm a Katie.
Saint's be blessed. My friend is attending there now.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Feh, indeed frog.

We are headed there today, and ya know what? I think feh will be my word of the day, as it just almost sums up how I'm feeling about the whole thing.

Poet - edit out adorkable's name...

Have a FABULOUS time on your cruise, Adorkable - hopefully there will be just loads of grads by the time you get back.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Feh, indeed frog.

We are headed there today, and ya know what? I think feh will be my word of the day, as it just almost sums up how I'm feeling about the whole thing.

Poet - edit out adorkable's name...

Have a FABULOUS time on your cruise, Adorkable - hopefully there will be just loads of grads by the time you get back.
oops my bad, thanks kiya!

Kiya, I hope going to the RE turns out to be a v. good thing. HUGS, though. I remember vividly the stomachache I had going in. My big regret was that I went alone. Can you DH come with?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:47 PM

Poet - thankfully, yes - one perk of him still not having a job - he was able to come along.

Okay, I'm back.

Urm.

Wasn't as bad as I expected.

Wasn't really ANYTHING, honestly.

For the good news file: DH apparently just had a bit of performance anxiety while giving up his sample, which reduced the sample size. However, he had a crapload of sperm in that sample (something insane like 300 mill/unit?? ), all swimming merrily, all with one head and one tail like they should, etc, etc. Doc thinks he's A-OK, basically.
I've lost at least another 5 pounds! Last time I weighed myself (at home) I was 246 - at the docs, I was 240 perfect. The nurse gave me an odd glance when I was all : - screw her. Esp. considering I'm still losing JUST by cutting out sugars and grains, and haven't even STARTED lifting weights yet.
They didn't charge us at the door (doesn't mean we won't get a bill later, but mrr - deal with that when I get to it).

For the no, reallllllllyyyy??????? file: I, apparently, don't ovulate regularily. I know, right, who would have guessed? He suggested Clomid (naturally), and I rebutted with the idea that I'd much rather figure out WHY I'm not ovulating regularily than force it. He seemed fine with that, and wants to run more tests on me, including Ovarian Reserve, and Prolactin, as well as the CD3 panel (which, hopefully will be in the next week) and I THINK he's rerunning all of the tests that gyno ran.
Also - *gasp* - I'm overweight, and losing another 20 pounds would be a good idea. The fact that I've lost almost 20 pounds already isn't of much notice, apparently.

For the OUCH, file:
Smoking is bad, m'kay? While I quit a while ago, he was still muttering something about it potentially decreasing my ovarian reserve.
7 blinking vials of blood WILL leave you light-headed.

He eyeballed me and said he doubted I had PCOS, as apparently while I'm fat enough, I'm nowhere NEAR hairy enough.

I think that's erryting. Ah! The funniest thing was the everyone was giving up when I told them I was on CD58. I did at the nurse who just HAD to count what cycle day I was at - I wanted to tell her that while I might not be pefect on the first day of my last period, I'm DEAD ON when it comes to what cycle DAY I'm on, dammit.

*sigh*

Off to research maca, now.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 PM

earthymama2b: all in all, that sounds like it's good news--a doctor who's willing to work with you, a husband with sperm ... but I don't blame you for still feeling frustrated.

me: I have crosshairs! So thus begins the 2WW. I think our timing was as good as it's every going to get this cycle, and I seemed to have more ewcm than usual, so I'm hoping that will be all the change we needed. But, we shall see. I'm supposed to graduate in June, and if I'm not pg by then, I think it will be time to start figuring out why, but in the meantime, I really don't have much time to think about it (she says, as she checks the TTC forums daily).

User Tag List