Did anyone test a BFN on DPO10 and go on to be pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2003, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tested yesterday DPO9 and today DPO10 (possibly DPO11 as I think I O'd throughout the night) with a First Response Early response test and they were both negative. I know that they have a pretty high positive rate and I am wondering if you or any of the mamas that have already graduated have tested negative on an early response test on DPO11 and went on to be pregnant?
Thanks!

BTW, I am starting to get bloated, a fun thing that I get to deal with post children before AF comes. Would that happen even though you would be pregnant? You would think that I didn't already have two kids! And am a doula!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2003, 11:58 AM

I'm assuming you don't mean cd10, but 10 days post ovulation. If so, I'm one of those. I don't show a positive until the day my period is due and then it is *really* faint. My period comes 14 days after I ovulate like clockwork. With this pregnancy I tested at 12 days and got a negative, when I tested again at 14 days there was a faint positive.

I also know a girl from my bfing support group who doesn't get a positive until her period is two weeks late. That would make me crazy, but some people are just like that.

Good luck.
#3 of 5 Old 09-12-2003, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Beth! I did mean days past ovulation! I went ahead and changed my post to correct it. I tested at 6 weeks with my second born and it was very faint. That gives me great hope! With my first, it was one day after I missed my period and it was really dark, so each baby is different!

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2003, 12:32 PM

hey Doula Sarah! I am glad to hear you still have no AF! This could be it!

I am 13 dpo, no AF, BFN!

Oh, well, perhaps AF will show soon. Or, its true, i test BFN last preg twice, in retrospect at 14 dpo, and only faintly positive at around 17 dpo or what should have been cd3 but i was pregnant!

So perhaps we're both rushing things! i would be so elated for us both to be pregnant with little late May babes!

But there are other reasons i am losing hope this month- i, too, am bloated, have hot flashy feelings, and am very very grumpy.

that means AF to me.

I am sure everyone's hcg levela vary, i remember that the OB thought mine were 'low' but it was not so important that they were below average but that they rose steadily, i think.

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2003, 09:41 PM

Yes, that happened to me, although I don't remember the brand name anymore. I tested neg at 10dpo, and then pos at 14dpo. The baby was born just fine 9 months later :-)

This time I also tested negative till 12dpo, and even then, using FRER, the line was extremely faint, almost invisible.

Good luck!!!!

Karen

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page