Mothering Forum banner

Instead Soft Cup (or any cup) OTC Fertility Aid??? LONG!

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Lousli 
#1 ·
I have been researching fertility aids, actually I googled it, and came across and article about Instead Menstrual Cup as a fertility aid, so I googled that, and came across tons of information. Apparently so many couples have been successful using it as such that back in 2006 Instead even submitted an application to the FDA to market the cup as an OTC fertility aid. CLICK. I keep trying to find out what the outcome was but I can't seem to find it.

I'm curious if anyone has used this method successfully and if they could enlighten the rest of us. I used to use Instead for it's original intended purpose but never considered this until I stumbled across the articles.

Anyway, theoretically this could work, because you are catching the sperm in the cup, inserting the cup at the base of your cervix and can leaving it in for 12 hours.

Give me your opinions and experiences with this or any other cup(if it worked).

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by christigpa View Post
akilamonique, I also post on FertlityFriend.com forums. They have a "Getting Pregnant with Instead Cups" buddy group. I was going to buy some IC this month but luckily got pregnant last month. It seems like a great idea though!
CONGRATULATIONS
!!!!

#4 ·
I did have a chemical pregnancy using the Instead Cup, does that count as success?

Another TTCer on another board just got her BFP using Instead Cups!

As you can see from my Siggy, I use them. I like that they hold the semen in until I decide to remove it. It works great for my home inseminations. My donor ejaculates directly into the Instead Cup, then I just pop it in. No mess, easy! I do sometimes mush it around so that it is rubbing the semen against my cervix and I often try to have an orgasm to encourage the semen up into my cervix. I've even poured the semen into my vagina, stimulated an orgasm, them popped the Cup in afterwards. Overall, I like the Cup. I'm just kooky about trying to do anything I can to help things along! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.