TTC with MACA Thread! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

TTC with MACA Thread!

TopazBlueMama's Avatar TopazBlueMama
03:16 AM Liked: 0
#91 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,230
Joined: Nov 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Are you using the E3Live mix?
I don't think so. The container just says raw protein powder, Hemp, Flax & Maca.
because's Avatar because
11:30 AM Liked: 6
#92 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 2,069
Joined: Sep 2003
I think I may be ovulating! This would be my earliest one in my whole adult life (at CD23). I have a positive OPK today (it was almost positive yesterday, that's why I took one in the a.m.) and I'm getting back to temping so I'll know if it happened in a few days.

Oh, and remember how I mentioned that there seemed to be a correlation to improved "response?" It's still true.

I told DH what Maca was and what people were saying about it and I think he wants to take it, too. Not sure I'm ready for that... lol
LibraryMo's Avatar LibraryMo
12:06 PM Liked: 11
#93 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 436
Joined: Feb 2008
Yay Because! I am so excited for your "early" ovulation and I am also excited about my improved "response" which seems to have kicked in already (after a week of Maca)!
I wish us all luck and lots of baby dust...
maefair's Avatar maefair
01:22 PM Liked: 0
#94 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
I think I may be ovulating!
Yay!
Quote:
I am also excited about my improved "response" which seems to have kicked in already
Yay, yay!

I am going to the dr tomorrow for a check up and hope she can help me sort out my crazy cycle. In the meantime, I'm so glad the Maca charm has kicked in for you guys. I'm feeling moodier than usual lately, and wondering if AF is finally on her way after 3 months of no show.
Phoenix~Mama's Avatar Phoenix~Mama
02:46 PM Liked: 1902
#95 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 5,230
Joined: Dec 2007
Alice... you are dead on. Out of all my experiments smoothies with banana in it comes out the best.

Maefair, I actually have not come back to normal yet. I have not had a period since December.
Olerica's Avatar Olerica
04:05 PM Liked: 0
#96 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,017
Joined: Nov 2007
I just got my Maca today! YEA!!!! So I can be added to the list too:

Olerica+DH/Started Maca 3/27/2 TBSP per Day
A Mothers Love's Avatar A Mothers Love
04:58 PM Liked: 0
#97 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,801
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
I think I may be ovulating! This would be my earliest one in my whole adult life (at CD23). I have a positive OPK today (it was almost positive yesterday, that's why I took one in the a.m.) and I'm getting back to temping so I'll know if it happened in a few days.

Oh, and remember how I mentioned that there seemed to be a correlation to improved "response?" It's still true.

I told DH what Maca was and what people were saying about it and I think he wants to take it, too. Not sure I'm ready for that... lol
Hey, I was just wondering.....where is everyone in reguards to their cycle 7 has the maca improved it...etc. You may be our 1st success here i took an OPK this morning & there was a "hint" of a line...so I may be right behind you!!! If so that would be great. Last cycle I "O"d CD23. I'm on CD11 now wooooooowhooooo!!!!! I'm gonna keep checking my OPK. I'm doing another one in a few hours. I hope it keeps getting darker.

GO Maca!!!!



PS I don't know how all of you get down 2 whole TBS at one time. That stuff tastes like an ashtray!!!! It also makes be use the toilet a lot...must be all that fiber BUT...It seems to be working...so.... Go Maca!!!!




Where are the rest of you on your cycle & what if any is your progress????? (can you tell I'm super excited???)
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale (TS)
05:37 PM Liked: 0
#98 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 774
Joined: Nov 2007
AMothersLove - I'm having a hard time getting it down, too. This morning I made the deadly mistake of putting a tablespoon of it in some V8 (Someone on the ovusoft thread recommended it) and oh. my. god. It was disgusting. I had to pour it out. I didn't feel like making a smoothie so I decided to try to get some down as quickly as possible, and mixed it up with some water, chugged it and followed with an OJ chaser! I won't do that again either, though it wasn't as bad as the V8. I'll be making a smoothie tomorrow no matter what!

I'm not expecting any results from it in the near future, since I'm dealing with near-crippling stress at the moment. I highly doubt that my emotional state right now is conducive to finally ovulating. I guess I'm in for a few more messed up cycles. Actively TTC will be put on hold for me for a few months while I figure out my job situation, but I'm still taking maca in the hopes of getting a bit more regular eventually.
risen_joy's Avatar risen_joy
05:42 PM Liked: 0
#99 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 699
Joined: Jan 2006
Ok, got my maca today...and ended up wasting 1/2 a Tbsp!!! : I don't have any smoothie ingredients (other than ice and yogurt) and decided "how bad can it be? I'll just mix it in with some ginger ale!" BIG mistake! Then I decided to smell the poo colored concoction before drinking it - SECOND BIG mistake! I have never before gagged and thrown up from a smell before!!!

Well, lesson learned - I'm off to the grocery store to get some fruit and other supplies!!

So I am now officially risen_joy/Ellie/started Maca 3.26.08
Phoenix~Mama's Avatar Phoenix~Mama
05:46 PM Liked: 1902
#100 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 5,230
Joined: Dec 2007
I've been kind of crampy the past two days... and my temp went way down this morning... lowest it has ever been. Seriously, the end of my chart makes me look like I'm dying or something. lol

I hope not... *looks*


I do the 2 tbls at one shot to get it done and over with... I need to pick up more OJ on the way home. I like the OJ mixes with Banana and stuff. *nods*
maefair's Avatar maefair
06:23 PM Liked: 0
#101 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 2008
JSMa:
Quote:
Maefair, I actually have not come back to normal yet. I have not had a period since December.
Me neither
Olerica's Avatar Olerica
06:57 PM Liked: 0
#102 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,017
Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post
Ok, got my maca today...and ended up wasting 1/2 a Tbsp!!! : I don't have any smoothie ingredients (other than ice and yogurt) and decided "how bad can it be? I'll just mix it in with some ginger ale!" BIG mistake! Then I decided to smell the poo colored concoction before drinking it - SECOND BIG mistake! I have never before gagged and thrown up from a smell before!!!

Well, lesson learned - I'm off to the grocery store to get some fruit and other supplies!!

So I am now officially risen_joy/Ellie/started Maca 3.26.08
I'm so sorry... but that had me laughing so HARD. So much so that I had to open my maca and do the lick finger test. Not too bad.... It reminds me a little of bitter greens - I used to put them in my smoothie (spinach or chard), so I don't think it will bug me too much. That, and I drink my smoothies with a straw. I can't eat bananas but here's my smoothie mix... grapefruit juice, blueberries, raspberries, egg whites (pasturized) and organic greek yogurt.
doodledoo's Avatar doodledoo
07:13 PM Liked: 0
#103 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 335
Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post
Ok, got my maca today...and ended up wasting 1/2 a Tbsp!!! : I don't have any smoothie ingredients (other than ice and yogurt) and decided "how bad can it be? I'll just mix it in with some ginger ale!" BIG mistake! Then I decided to smell the poo colored concoction before drinking it - SECOND BIG mistake! I have never before gagged and thrown up from a smell before!!!

Well, lesson learned - I'm off to the grocery store to get some fruit and other supplies!!

So I am now officially risen_joy/Ellie/started Maca 3.26.08
Thanks, really needed that this evening! Hope it gets better in the smoothies! It has made me be chicken and I have order some powder and some gelatinised powder (which apparently tastes better as it has some of the starch removed). Who knows, but I have ordered 250g of each and will see how we go!
Should be here Monday.

PS Risen_joy - sorry to laugh at your expense.
Lauren31's Avatar Lauren31
07:13 PM Liked: 15
#104 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 4,065
Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by maefair View Post
JSMa:

Me neither
Can I jump in on this one too!! I stopped BCP in january and haven't had a period since then.

I have not tried the Maca yet, but I have a DR appt in two weeks to see what they have to say about the no period buisness. I am thinking maybe I over exercise?? I do the ellipitcal every day for 45 minutes and light weights as well for about 5-10 minutes. Could that be it??? I am 5'5'' 126 lbs. I just want to be a woman again and have my period!!!!!
JustKiya's Avatar JustKiya
07:27 PM Liked: 11
#105 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,239
Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoo View Post
Thanks, really needed that this evening! Hope it gets better in the smoothies! It has made me be chicken and I have order some powder and some gelatinised powder (which apparently tastes better as it has some of the starch removed). Who knows, but I have ordered 250g of each and will see how we go!
Should be here Monday.

PS Risen_joy - sorry to laugh at your expense.
Where'd you order these from?
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale (TS)
08:48 PM Liked: 0
#106 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 774
Joined: Nov 2007
risen_joy - how much will you be taking?


JSMa - your temps are looking more normal, though! That's good!
doodledoo's Avatar doodledoo
08:52 PM Liked: 0
#107 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 335
Joined: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
Where'd you order these from?
Here's the link, it's a UK based website so not sure where they ship to.

http://www.plantspirit.co.uk/products/maca_pg2of7.html

It's my first time ordering from them, so not sure how they'll be, but fingers crossed! Went with them cos I could get a smaller amount and try the 2 types without being out a whole lot of money till I see how I do with it.
A Mothers Love's Avatar A Mothers Love
08:59 PM Liked: 0
#108 of 207
03-26-2008 | Posts: 1,801
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoo View Post
Here's the link, it's a UK based website so not sure where they ship to.

http://www.plantspirit.co.uk/products/maca_pg2of7.html

It's my first time ordering from them, so not sure how they'll be, but fingers crossed! Went with them cos I could get a smaller amount and try the 2 types without being out a whole lot of money till I see how I do with it.
The website says they will ship to anywhere. shipping info is on left side of the page. some places they don't ship via paypal....but they say they will ship anywhere.
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Sk8ermaiden
04:13 AM Liked: 7
#109 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 1,234
Joined: Feb 2008
OMG I got mine in today and it is so VILE!!!! :Puke

I also have not had a period since December and I am trying to bring one on but I don't know if it's even worth it. The Maca is making me feel nauseous.
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale (TS)
12:56 PM Liked: 0
#110 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 774
Joined: Nov 2007
Yeah I'm wondering if I should have gone with gelatinized. The Mountain Rose Herbs maca I have is really... flavorful. I can't cover it up with anything. I put it in a smoothie today with just banans & orange juice and only used 1 tablespoon and while it's better than any other way I've tried so far, the flavor is still really strong.

So I think I'm reducing my daily amount to 1 tbsp for now!
Phoenix~Mama's Avatar Phoenix~Mama
02:35 PM Liked: 1902
#111 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 5,230
Joined: Dec 2007
I have heard you get much better results from the organiz vs the genatinized.


OMG!! I think I may have ovulated yesterday!!!! : : :

I had some light cramping the past two days prior... temp got pretty low yesterday morning... shot up a lot today compared to the rest of the temps since I've been on Maca and Vitex... I also was really wet yesterday... sorry for TMI... but my CM has been really odd through this whole no-period thing, and yesterday, no doubt I had watery CM.

I told DP, and we got in a session of BDing before he had to go to work. He is so incredibly wonderful. This morning when he got home, he came right up to ask the temp verdict and I just grinned and said it went up... "is that a good sign?" "yes, baby it is!"

I know I have to wait like 2 more days of higher temps to know better, but I have a REALLY good feeling and putting those positive vibes out there, and DP is on board with the whole positive visualization too now.

I have not been this excited to temp in awhile.
A Mothers Love's Avatar A Mothers Love
05:22 PM Liked: 0
#112 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 1,801
Joined: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMa View Post
I have heard you get much better results from the organiz vs the genatinized.


OMG!! I think I may have ovulated yesterday!!!! : : :

I had some light cramping the past two days prior... temp got pretty low yesterday morning... shot up a lot today compared to the rest of the temps since I've been on Maca and Vitex... I also was really wet yesterday... sorry for TMI... but my CM has been really odd through this whole no-period thing, and yesterday, no doubt I had watery CM.

I told DP, and we got in a session of BDing before he had to go to work. He is so incredibly wonderful. This morning when he got home, he came right up to ask the temp verdict and I just grinned and said it went up... "is that a good sign?" "yes, baby it is!"

I know I have to wait like 2 more days of higher temps to know better, but I have a REALLY good feeling and putting those positive vibes out there, and DP is on board with the whole positive visualization too now.

I have not been this excited to temp in awhile.
YAY!!!I'm so happy for you.
I do feel real good when I take the Maca, not sure why....but I just feel great. must be all the vitamins. DH says he feels good too. Yes, it tastes like crap...but i'm sticking with it!! it makes me feel good
Olerica's Avatar Olerica
06:30 PM Liked: 0
#113 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 1,017
Joined: Nov 2007
Well, today was day 1 for me. Put the maca in the smoothie described above. I drank the first half right away - it wasn't too bad. Had the 2nd half a few hours later (I split my breakfast in two) and it was MUCH better. I didn't mind the flavor at ALL!

I think I'm going to continue to take it, though officially I've decided not to TTC for 2 months (if it happens, great, but we aren't working on it). I am concerned about winter-time deliver and post-partum depression (I live in the frozen north) and DH and I decided together that it might be a good time to take a break, especially after talking to both of my sisters who have had winter babies.

Hope you all get your BFP soon, though!
rn's Avatar rn
11:13 PM Liked: 10
#114 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 576
Joined: Jul 2003
Hi again everyone,
just lurking along on this thread as I really think maca is amazing and I am so interested in what it does for women and men for that matter.

for those of you not liking the flavor, try ordering from http://www.pacificbotanicals.com/

I have been taking maca now since the end of last August and I really can't stand the flavor of anyone else's maca but theirs. And the price per pound is great.


risen_joy's Avatar risen_joy
11:20 PM Liked: 0
#115 of 207
03-27-2008 | Posts: 699
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:
I do the 2 tbls at one shot to get it done and over with... I need to pick up more OJ on the way home. I like the OJ mixes with Banana and stuff. *nods*
I will have to try this!!!

And no worries to all who had a good laugh - it made me grin to know I brought some small measure of silliness to us all!

JSMa - sounds great!! Keep us posted!!!


Oh, and I'm taking 1 Tbsp a day to start...will let you know if I up to 2
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale (TS)
10:21 AM Liked: 0
#116 of 207
03-28-2008 | Posts: 774
Joined: Nov 2007
Well, I finally got a LOW reading on my fertility monitor today - that sounds like bad news, but it had been 'high' for 20 days already, and was 'high' during AF! I'm taking that to mean my estrogen is leveling out, yay! Hopefully everything will regulate soon!
juliav's Avatar juliav
10:28 AM Liked: 11
#117 of 207
03-28-2008 | Posts: 906
Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandFairytale View Post
Well, I finally got a LOW reading on my fertility monitor today - that sounds like bad news, but it had been 'high' for 20 days already, and was 'high' during AF! I'm taking that to mean my estrogen is leveling out, yay! Hopefully everything will regulate soon!
Great Alice!!! That does sound promising, I've been lurking over here to see when you get all sorted!! I'm happy for you!
Phoenix~Mama's Avatar Phoenix~Mama
01:43 PM Liked: 1902
#118 of 207
03-28-2008 | Posts: 5,230
Joined: Dec 2007
That is good news Alice!!! :


Temps are still looking good... need another high temp tomorrow... I have a really good feeling. :

DP was sooo cute this morning again... he just gives me this grin when he got home... "Did you temp today... what did it say?"

I just love that he's so on board with this and asking questions and showing interest in this extra stuff. He isn't as open minded as I am, shall we say... so it's really cool that he is coming around and aksing about temps.
reina28's Avatar reina28
04:21 PM Liked: 0
#119 of 207
03-28-2008 | Posts: 192
Joined: Feb 2008
Well reading all the positive vibes on this thread makes me want to run (really fast) to wild oats to see if they have any. I emailed dh about it and he says he is on board - he drinks protein shakes daily and I don't think he'll have a problem downing it. I might but I've had worse before when on a diet I am sure. Although he also said if it increases his libido anymore than it is currently he might not be able to go out in public. he is so great, I am more interested in the energy and good vibes, I seem to O on cd14 but I want to make sure things don't go wacky from the bc.

Also, just checking, is everyone taking this all cycle long or just pre-O?

So as soon as I get it....

Reina28 (Serena) + DP/ 2 TBSP a daystarting when I get it (hopefully tonight)
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale (TS)
08:07 PM Liked: 0
#120 of 207
03-28-2008 | Posts: 774
Joined: Nov 2007
Updated! We are really starting to get a good group going here!

Thank you for your well wishes Julia and JSMa!

JSMa, I'm so excited for you! Something's finally happening, yay!

Reply Subscribe Trying To Conceive
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3