40+ TTC - Spring brings hope! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 698 Old 04-05-2008, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sunrise, sorry about AF, but that's good news about your LP. Veganmama, my LP was only 10 days for a few months after my 14-week loss, and has gradually lengthened to 12 days, but never gotten back to the 14 days of my youth.

Jen, I'll be thinking about you today. :

AFM, I think it's the flu. Ugh. Haven't had the flu in years, and didn't get my shot this year. At least dd and dh are fine, at least so far. Fever is down, a bit, but I think it's still messing up my morning temp. I told ff I had a fever yesterday and it plumb took my temp away! On the up side, I'm not quite so miserable today, and dh is home from traveling all week.
#62 of 698 Old 04-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Hi Gals! Just checkin in to see how everyone is doing. Pookie, I'm wishing you good news today. Please keep us posted. Juneau, nice temps...you go, girl! Sara, sorry about AF. VM, thanks for the PM...I couldn't get MDC to open several times, so I've only read it via the email notification. Yes, I'm now 44...scary, but I still look good and feel good. It's only the eggs that are aging consistent with my #. DMV, glad to hear that the HSG opened up your tube. Maybe that will bring good luck your way. Joyluc, I agree with VM that the RE's office may not be very encouraging. Looking back, I wish I had felt that IVF was the best option 2 years ago, rather than spending time and $$ on IUI's w/donor sperm. I've probably spent just as much money on my journey, with no success, as I would have if I had gone straight to IVF. But, alas, we can't turn back the clock, can we? Juls, what's your status? I hope you're doing well.

AFM, while I am fairly certain that I won't conceive w/o DE, I still ttc nonetheless. Used my local donor last night, b/c I had a + OPK test yesterday morning and very slippery CM. My temps are up, and I may have been a day late w/the insem (based on the temps), but heck, it's just for fun now, since my expectations are so low. No clomid this cycle, and no Chinese herbs. I think I do fine w/o either...maybe better on my own than w/those substances!

Dating is slow with no one special right now. Work has been super busy, so I'm cutting back on auditions / acting, altho I will film some scenes tomorrow on the Rick Berlin music video that we've been shooting. And lastly, I have my interview this coming Friday for the Manager position at work. Still lots going on...VM, you're right that Aries is a high energy sign, and I seem to fit right into that mold! (I did sleep in really late today, tho...gotta rejuvenate!)

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#63 of 698 Old 04-05-2008, 09:47 PM

Well, I had the HCG test done again today, and they said it was over 1400, so I am doing fine. I think that other test was no good. The lab was kind of yucky. And they took forever to get the results.

Fingers crossed for you veganmama!

MsG, there's still a chance, right? Same with you, Juneau, although sorry to hear you are sick with the flu. I've still got my cold, and it's been nearly 2 weeks!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#64 of 698 Old 04-05-2008, 11:38 PM

So glad to hear that everything is ok, Pookie.

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#65 of 698 Old 04-06-2008, 03:01 AM

Me too Pookietooth. That is good news.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#66 of 698 Old 04-06-2008, 04:23 PM

What can I take for a cold during pregnancy?

#67 of 698 Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM

Oh Jen, I'm sooooo happy to hear that! Not only are we thrilled for you but it really gives us all hope I think. It had been awhile since there was a sticky bean!

There's not much you can take I'm afraid from the drugstore. Maybe try a homeopathic pharmacy, is there one near you?

Honey, hot water and lemon for a cough is good.

I hope you feel better soon!

Looks like I am 2 DPO.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#68 of 698 Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 PM

Congratulations Jen I am so happy for you.

We have had the worst year sickness-wise. My DH had the flu and then I had a sinus/ear infection last week that I am still trying to shake. While I was sick I stood on line all night to submit Section 8 applications for homeless people, it was a great thing to do but it took a lot out of me. Today is our first gorgeous spring day - windows open at 9:45 at night. We really needed a day like this.

Good luck everybody. I have a copy of The Infertility Cure on order at the bookstore, trying to get up to speed on what the Dr. might tell us.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
#69 of 698 Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 PM

I was thinking in terms of herbs and supplements. Homeopathics tend not to work for me with stuff like headaches, colds, etc.

#70 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 12:25 AM

Oil of Oregano is good for a cold. I am not sure if you can take while pregnant. I would rub vicks or a natural alternative on my chest. Also fresh crushed garlic on the soles of your feet and put on socks. It smells horrid but really does help.

#71 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 AM

Oops double post

#72 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 10:19 AM

Do any of you know have to fix an ovusoft chart? At the end of March I opened my chart and instead of posting my last day temp there I was actually on Aprils chart. So I mistakenly put my info in the end of April. I removed it all but it has thrown off my chart. I guess because I put it in it has me recalculating each day that is before that day. How do I reset it and get that off of there? Or can I?
It is kind of cool because I get to see it as a preggo chart. But I do need it fixed.

AFM 5dpo DH left on Weds of last week which turns out was my O date. He will be back this Saturday. Looks like our timing was good too. So :

#73 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 PM

Stopping in to say hi I miss all of you and think about you and check on you from time to time. I'm doing great...not much is new. We're planning a family trip to TN in May and another trip to Florida in October. We're upgrading some things around the house and working on the yard.

Congrats Jen! I'm really happy for you. Good luck to everyone else. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Lynne

Homeschooling mom to 2 boys (4/01) and (1/05)
#74 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi Lynne (waving madly)! It's nice to see you here!

Jen, I wish I could help but I just don't know. I had horrible colds when I was PG with DS and suffered through them all. Interestingly I had not one cold while I was PG with DD.

I hope you caught that egg Laurie.

AFM, I am 3 DPO I think but FF won't give me crosshairs because of my low temp this morning (courtesy of getting up early with DS). I didn't have great EWCM this month so I am a little worried about that, it was fabulous last month and of course I didn't TTC! I used Pre-Seed though....

#75 of 698 Old 04-07-2008, 10:22 PM

(crawling out from under the truck that ran me over a couple days ago -- that's what it felt like, anyhow).

Hi Lynne! We miss you.

Great news about your beta, Pookie. You might want to check in with a doc to see if you have a sinus infection or something else going on. Aside from that, I hope you enjoy your first trimester!

Veganmama, from your chart, it sure looks to me like today is your O date, don't you think, what with your low temp and EWCM? Do you ever use OPKs?

Massagin, hope you caught that eggie!

AFM, I POAS today (12DPO) . I didn't really expect anything more but I wanted to have a clear picture before starting to lay the groundwork for my trip to San Diego to meet my embies. It's easier to be of the mindset that I will be going rather than that I wish I weren't, YKWIM?

Everything was perfect this month -- EWCM, timing, etc. -- but I think I ovulated from the tubeless side. Sucks to have my already-waning fertility cut in half. Expecting AF in the morning...
#76 of 698 Old 04-08-2008, 03:33 AM

Hi all. And hi MsG, thanks so much for thinking of me. I've been lurking and haven't had much computer time lately.

We're finally progressing right along. No donor problems, thank goodness. I've been on my Lupron for about a week and started on the Dellestrogin injections the other day. I go back to the doctor on Friday to make sure my levels are all good. My donor is moving along right on schedule as well. That's all good, normal news at the moment. If all continues as planned, it looks like the retrieval will happen in 2 weeks around the 19th. Transfer a few days after that. With my stupid work schedule, I have a very small window so I'm hoping it goes as planned. So far the shots have been easy, thank goodness.

MsG, you know I'm thinking of you. We're the same age so I totally get what you're going through. I feel good, I don't feel 44 even though I could certainly afford to lose about 10 pounds but otherwise good. And then those darn little eggs are just not feeling the same thing.

How are you feeling Jen??
#77 of 698 Old 04-08-2008, 04:42 AM

Hey, it's late, hope everyone is well. I am still sick -- am going to call my ND tomorrow and ask to see her, this is ridiculous. Should I be looking for a midwife right away? I am seeing the RE for an u/s on Friday, not sure why. I think I remember having one with my last pg at the place where I conceived. Then I moved on to an Ob (very few midwives on my insurance in the Bay Area at the time, and none whom I'd heard good things about).
Good luck everyone!

#78 of 698 Old 04-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Juls, thanks for checking in. Wow, this is super exciting!! I am on pins and needles for you.

Juneau, i am sorry you've had a rough time lately!

Jen, I'm sorry you are still sick. Up here the demand for midwives is really high. So I always call the day I find out I am PG. Literally if you wait until 6 weeks you might not get one here.

MsGBs and Lynne, so nice to see you both.

My temps are really faking me out. It looks like I might not have O'd on CD 12 or 13 like I usually do. Clearly the m/c is still messing with me. I only have one more opportuntiy to DTD as DH's surgery is Thursday. Hopefully it will be clear that I have O'd by then.

#79 of 698 Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Jen, I just read somwhere that you can use a neti pot when PG for sinuses.

#80 of 698 Old 04-08-2008, 01:37 PM

Jen That is great news! Keeping my : for you. I second the Neti pot for sinuses.

Juneau I just moved back from San Diego last November and will be there at the end of April (to bring the kids to see exDH) Maybe we can get together if we are there at the same time.

Anyways, I was wondering if I am taking Advil before going to bed how will that effect my am temps? I should know the answer to this but can't find any data. I have had wicked allergies and headaches every night and can't sleep with a headache. I wish I could figure out how to link my FF chart for you ladies to give an opinion. I thought I O'd day 13 - all the signs were there including a temp dip. I never had a temp shift though but I have been taking the Advil every night since day 14. I am not sure what to think.
#81 of 698 Old 04-09-2008, 11:07 AM

Vicki, do you have to take Advil? Can you take something else instead like Tylenol? I think Advil does mess with your temps. I know Randine Lewis say in The Infertility Cure not to take Advil when TTC.

I hope the following doesn't offend anyone:

*$@&#%(&%@

I am ticked at my body. Still no definitive O and last chance to catch the eggie tonight. I thought since I O'd last month (and many women don't after a m/c) that my body was back on track to O normally this month. Apparently not.
DH's surgery is tomorrow.

#82 of 698 Old 04-09-2008, 02:50 PM

doulamomvicki, I would be careful about taking all that Advil, especially at bedtime -- it can cause ulcers. Is there a homeopathic or herbal remedy you can try? I take an herbal remedy Petadolex for migraines, although I stopped once I found out I was pregnant. Feverfew is supposed to be good for headaches, not sure if its safe TTC. Green tea helps my headaches, at least taking the edge off.

VM, sorry no O for you so far. Hope your DH's surgery goes well.

#83 of 698 Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Yeah, I am going to not take it anymore, will only do Tylenol if I can't stand it. I have never had any relief with any natural remedies for headache

VM I am sorry about O, I understand your irritation. Hope your dh has a speedy recovery.

Pookie How are you feeling?

to everyone!

Anyways, I am not sure where I am in my cycle. I guess we will just keep up the BD and see what happens this month
#84 of 698 Old 04-09-2008, 05:37 PM

DoulaMomVicki Try rubbing Lavender eo at your temples and the base of your skull. It always helped me with headaches.

I am 8dpo I had severe low abdominal cramps last night and off & on today my temp was 98.8 upon waking today. So I think maybe I am fighting off some ickies. I haven't been able to fix the goof on my chart, maybe it is a sign. I can hope right?

#85 of 698 Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Fingers crossed Laurie, maybe it is implantation cramping?

FF finally gave me crosshairs. Not sure if I agree with them or not.

#86 of 698 Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM

I never had much relief from anything but RX stuff for my headaches, until I found Petadolex. It's an herbal extract of butterburr root, and it really works if you take it right at the onset of headache.

#87 of 698 Old 04-10-2008, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I never had much relief from anything but RX stuff for my headaches, until I found Petadolex. It's an herbal extract of butterburr root, and it really works if you take it right at the onset of headache.
Cool Jen, that's good to know. Of course, I never get headaches unless I am PG. Can you take it during PG?

#88 of 698 Old 04-10-2008, 10:08 PM

Hi everyone, it's been a rough couple of days. I finally felt over my flu on Tuesday and was expecting AF all day. But I had this weird onset of totally preggo-type nausea and no AF in the morning. WTF, I thought! My temp dropped like a stone and I knew I wasn't pregnant, but, but, but... She didn't show till 6 p.m., the hag, and I felt like crap all day.

And then at bedtime Tuesday night, dd came down with a high fever. She's been terribly hot since and wouldn't take anything by mouth to keep down the fever and it was scary -- I finally found a neighbor to run to the store and get acetaminophen suppositories this afternoon and it's like she's a new kid. Not totally better, but at least not lying in bed looking totally pitiful and moaning. It was rough! I expect it will continue to be so for a couple days yet, but at least I have a tool to deal with it now.

Vicki, I'll be in San Diego -- Hillcrest area and University City -- from the 22nd to the 29th. How about you? Good luck keeping your headaches at bay.

Massagin, I hope you're not fighting off the ickies we've had -- it'd be great if you've got more positive things going on.

Everyone else, stay well!
#89 of 698 Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM

I have felt fine since that episode. Temp is still up. I bought a cheap test at Dollar Tree yesterady and may take it on Sunday. I would be 11dpo what do you all think? I have a clear blue digital but I am saving it for if I am real real late.

#90 of 698 Old 04-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Massagin, your chart looks good; I say go for it! (Maybe you have already!)

I spoke too soon. Dd's temp came back up -- way up -- and the Tylenol isn't taking it down any more. It was a rough day yesterday, and worse night. Her temp was close to 104 at one point! We took her in for bloodwork, no infection or pneumonia, so we've just got to ride it out. I'm exhausted. Haven't temped myself or done anything remotely related to charting.

She did wake up this morning and say, "I'm a yittle bit better" and said she wanted to play. But then she is just sitting on our laps and dozing. Next year we are getting flu shots!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page