40+ TTC - Spring brings hope! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2008, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, thought I would start us a new thread for a new season, with great hopes and wishes for ALL of us, no matter where we are on our TTC journey!

veganmama I can't believe that trainer...but also can't believe that the yoga instructor would have taken it upon herself to tell others something that personal without your permission????

Laurie...wow you are really going to have us all on the edge of our seats this time around! to you!!!!

I don't think I have O'd yet, but don't really know for sure as I am not temp'ing. Have not seen any EWCM yet, which is usually pretty abundant. Chances are if I'm going to O this cycle its going to be next week while DH is off in China for work I will go back to my doc early next week for a follow-up appointment and see if he wants to do any blood work, it sounds like it would be worthwhile knowing where I'm at.

Hope everyone is well, Happy Spring to All!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 01:14 AM

MsG, if you're still here, just wanted to send you a big old -- I had always pictured myself with a houseful of kids, and having just one is very strange to me. Not that that's exactly the same -- I do have a child, for whom I am eternally grateful. Just I know that feeling of not having what you assumed you would have. It took us so long to get pg with ds, year after year of negative tests. And again, it's been three years since I first wanted to start ttc #2. That's a long time. Let us know how it goes about the DH cycle. Some of us may be headed that way eventually.

VM, I kind of understand about the fish oil. I used to be a vegetarian, and in my heart, I'd love to be a vegan, but because of my PCOS, I really can't do it. I need protein, without a lot of carbohydrates, or at least not a lot of high glycemic ones, which makes it pretty much impossible to be a vegan, especially with my gluten and soy intolerances. I admire those who can do it, but at this time, my body is telling me I am not ready to go back there (I could probably live a mostly vegan life eventually if I lived on mostly low carb veggies and beans, but it takes a lot of money and prep time, which I am not ready to do right now).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 03-21-2008, 02:44 AM

Hi Susan, I only o'd a week ago and I m/c Feb 21st. Many women who m/c the same week as me seem to have had annovulatory cycles and already have or have had AF! I am not expecting AF until next Friday as I o'd so late. I am anxious to get on with TTC.

Thanks for starting the new thread. Although in a way I feel very attached to the old one, isn't that silly?

I think too I am missing MsGBs and joyluc being around so much and Nicksmom not posting anymore (although I know she checks in on us once in awhile).

Feeling a little reflective tonight. Not suprising I suppose as DS turns 4 tomorrow. Where has the time gone?

Happy Spring to you all!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 AM

Thanks, Speedknitter, for the new thread!

MsGB, I totally understand where you are coming from. I hit that point five years ago (!) and in some ways, although there was a lot of grief, it was a relief to let go. I planned to spend a year grieving and then consider my options vis a vis adoption. My life took another turn or two. I can't believe I'm back here again, and in some ways, I almost wish I had some impetus to let go again. But my half-wished "final" goal of being pregnant in time to give birth before turning 45 has passed and I just ordered new OPKs. So I guess I'm not giving up yet.

At any rate, I can understand why you won't be around here so much. But I will miss you -- I always enjoy your sunny point of view and get a kick out of your date stories. Good luck on that front and on the new job/job search, too.

Massaginmommy, I have a mental block when it comes to interpreting the Ovusoft charts, but I am anxious to hear where you are the next couple of days. :

Veganmama, I hope you can just enjoy this time before AF, knowing that you will not be pregnant, and let go of the tension of TTC a bit.

AFM, CD9 here, just waiting another day or so to start OPKs.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:25 AM

subbing

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008
Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 PM

subbing.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:46 PM

Happy birthday to your ds, VM! :

Old 03-21-2008, 02:16 PM

I am hoping to wake to a good temperature today and poas tomorrow.

Thanks for all the well wishes and positive thoughts. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks Speedknitter for opening this new thread.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 PM

What? where is everyone? I am still hanging in there. I didn't sleep normal today and only had about a 2 hour nap so no temping upon wake up. I am still a little sore in the BBs and no other signs of anything. I guess we will know if AF stays away and I test tomorrow. DH wants to stay in bed and snuggle so hopefully I can remember to pee in a cup or somethign as soon as I wake up.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:15 AM

: for you, Massaginmommy!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:50 AM

Susan thanks for the new thread and nice hopes for the spring. DH has had the flu the whole week so our house has been under a cloud, but he is getting better and we are going to Bruce Springsteen tomorrow night.

Massaginmommy good luck tomorrow morning

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 AM

Any news massaginmommy? I just noticed you've been married since the year I graduated high school. Did you marry young? What an amazingly long marriage!

Anyway, I'm still in the 2ww. I have a migraine today. Ugh.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi Ladies I started spotting last night right after DH and I made love. Maybe because I was still in the glowing mood I didn't mind it so much. Today I am disappointed but okay. At least I didn't waste a test.

Pookietooth I graduated in 1981 and married at the ripe old age of 21 I had my first child at 22 my second at 24 adopted DD at 37 and had my last son at 39
I want to go on a wonderful vacation next year to celebrate our 25th.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM

Sorry Laurie, about AF.

Fingers crossed for you Jen!

I hope everyone is back to full health soon joyluc!

AFM, perhaps TMI here but I've had a tiny bit of red thread like blood in my CM today at 9 DPO. If I hadn't missed O I'd be pretty excited that it might be implantation spotting (not that I had that with any of my 3 PG). But it's not that so I wonder what it could be.
DH and I did DTD last night but I've never had spotting from that either.
Maybe AF is toying with me and I'm going to have a really short LP.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 PM

VG maybe your cervix is still a bit tender.

I am having a real good rich flow much better than the last few I have had. I took baby aspirin for part of it and then made sure I was taking my Omega 369 Fish Oil everyday.

I haven't given up hope yet.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:20 AM

So to hear about AF, Laurie. This TTC stuff stinks sometimes.
VM, maybe it was implantation spotting? Who knows?

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Happy Spring Equinox to all.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:13 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread. The other one was getting really long, although I've been lurking for the past few weeks. Since this is pretty much the only thread I visit, it's nice to start fresh and new.

VM, how did you keep a straight face with your trainer? I would've smacked him. And yeah, much sympathy for his wife. Clearly he's a guy who thinks with his muscles since that's his only functioning body part.

I'm looking forward to good, happy spring news for everyone in the upcoming months. I'm about to start my Lupron shots next week.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:46 PM

Hi Ladies, it's so hard to leave this thread with everyone being so kind and supportive. I do miss being engaged in the ttc journey with you all. Soon I have to decide if I'm committing to the DE route as a single woman, b/c if I am, it makes complete sense to throw $3-5,000 into my FSA (and I have to do that before the end of April). I applied for my boss's job, and while I think it's the right thing to do, after having a busy and stressful work week playing catch up after my FL trip, I know that I don't want that level of stress on a daily / weekly basis...especially for only about $8,000 more / year. It's not worth it. I'd rather date, act, and get pg!

Did a lot of acting yesterday. What a blast! In the morning I was a nurse in a Dr.Seuss like spoof on gastric bypass surgery (called: Find the Food), and in the afternoon/evening, I played Michiko in a music video song by Rick Berlin. Some of you may remember him if you google his music. He had a few hits in the 80's, and is about to release a new CD. We had an amazing makeup/hair artist "on set" (in my apt), and while I am generally modest, she made me look absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product. I think they'll post it on U-Tube, so you can search for it in the future.

Wishing you all many positive pregnancy tests!

Love, Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 03-24-2008, 01:04 AM

Wow, some exciting stuff on this thread....

Jen in the 2 ww, Juls about to start her meds for ART, MsGBs and her acting (I am so looking up that video on You-Tube!).

Laurie, I love your attitude!

Still spotting today. Can't see how it is implantation spotting since we didn't DTD until the day after O.
I am not a spotter. No implantation spotting with any of the 3 PGs, I've never spotted before AF in my life (and she is not due until Friday). I did spot slightly more about 3 weeks ago but my hcg wasn't back to zero yet and I assumed that was still "products of conception".
The reason I am so curious is that, according to TCM, spotting means something. I want to know what it is!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Wow Ms GB that is soo cool! Can't wait to see the video, will you please let us know when its up on YouTube?

veganmama, what is "according to TCM"?

I'm so DH left for China today and what shows up? LOADS of EWCM! GRRRRRRRRRRRR Hopefully he's back before the next cycle, he's basically over there until they launch their product...check it out you guys it is so neat www.livescribe.com

Friends of ours (actually one of DH's employees) had a baby yesterday! Easter baby girl! Julie and I went to see them in the hospital today, it was so neat to see a little tiny baby! We took them a Boppy pillow

Hope everyone is well...I'm going to have some ice cream now
Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 AM

Ms GB, that sounds so cool and like so much fun. Whatever you decide to do, it will be the right decision for you. Keep us posted.

VM, I hope the spotting has stopped or at least done something so you know what's going on.

Yeah, definitely a baby boom out there. A friend of mine went to a bris today. Saw on my ichat buddy list a new baby girl for another person I know. Heard another co-worker's wife was going in for their ultrasound for #2. Hope those good, happy baby vibes come flowing to all of us too.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:29 PM

CD 2 for me, AF showed up yesterday afternoon. So I either didn't O or I had a 10 day LP (I am always 14 days).
Anyway, on to the next cycle!

Susan, I had massive EWCM before my hcg levels came back down, so frustrating. I hope DH gets back in time for your next cycle!
TCM = traditional chinese medicine.

Lots and lots of babies here too. At one of the branches I work out of (I think there are 12 employees there total), 2 employees are PG. Due the month before and after I would have been.

My nephew is 5 months now, so cute!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:08 PM

Speedknitter, I'm going to be in the Bay Area starting Thursday, for one week, in case you wanted to try to get together. PM me if you want.
I have a cold, which is rare for me. I'm guessing it's from being on progesterone -- doesn't that lower your immunity (which is why pregnant women get sick so much)?

Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Sorry about the bad timing, Speedknitter. I know how frustrating that can be.

Pookietooth, your chart looks good! :

MsGB, your acting gigs sound like a blast. Make sure you let us know when they're up on You-Tube.

Veganmama, at least you've got this cycle over with. You are supposedly super-fertile after a MC for at least the first 2 or 3 cycles.

Good luck on the lupron, Hockeylover. I hated those shots, even though the needle is tiny.

AFM, I had EWCM today for the first time in about 5 cycles. And later today, a + OPK. So, you all know what that means! And I have a phone consult with my RE tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneau View Post
Pookietooth, your chart looks good! :

AFM, I had EWCM today for the first time in about 5 cycles. And later today, a + OPK. So, you all know what that means! And I have a phone consult with my RE tomorrow.
Go Juneau go!! Yay for EWCM. I hope this is the one for you......

Jen, your chart does look very nice!

CD 3, should O in about 10 days unless the m/c effects are still lingering. AF seems totally normal so far so hopefully I am right back to normal.

Hi to everyone i missed!

Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 PM

Pookietooth, where are you? Your chart looks awesome! I'm anxious to hear how you are doing.

I suspect I ovulated this morning but will corner DH again tonight if I can tear him away from his work.

I had a surprisingly uplifting conversation with my RE this afternoon. He suggested getting a sonohistogram (saline U/S of my uterus) to check for scarring from my infection 2 years ago. I wish someone had suggested that a long time ago! Anyhow, I plan to schedule that for after AF arrives (though I hope she doesn't!).

He also agreed that a natural cycle frozen embryo transfer was a perfectly fine way to go, assuming all looks good on the SHG, with progesterone supplementation after O. Minimal meds, hooray! So the plan is to book a flight now to San Diego and maybe stay a week, since O is a bit unpredictable. The week would encompass all the possible O days + 3 days. If I have to, I can change a flight at the last minute to go earlier or stay later.

If I wanted to spend the extra money, I could wait for my LH surge and then jump on a plane, returning home after the transfer. But I'm inclined to stay longer in San Diego and save some $ by booking ahead (I can stay with friends). If the SHG shows scarring then maybe I would get a hysteroscopy first, which might set me back a cycle.

I was very happy that he agreed that a more-or-less natural cycle is the way to go, since I still ovulate so regularly and have a decent LP. Oh yeah, and there would be a lining check right around O just to make sure it's thick enough.

That's the most news I've had in weeks. It's a little quiet around here; how are the rest of you all doing?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 PM

Juneau that sounds great, glad you have a plan you feel good about.

AFM I have had the most bb tenderness that I have had since I was preg with DS. I don't want to hope it means anything - it is weird because I have had it all cycle not since mid-cycle. I should have AF early next week.

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
Old 03-27-2008, 02:08 AM

Hey ladies! I just was waiting to talk to my DH first before sharing the news here -- I got a BFP beta HCG test today! I had done a POAS test -- Kroger brand -- this morning and it was faintly positive, but I decided to go ahead and wait for the blood test results, since I hadn't saved any of my 1st morning urine. So I had to wait until 2:30, then I had to wait until my DH was out of a meeting at work, round 3:45, before I could tell him. I'm feeling a bit crampy, but I think it's just the pregnancy expanding my uterus. I get another Beta on Saturday to make sure the numbers double. I'll be in CA at the time, so I have to get a lab there to do it. Oh well, I'll just be glad to get away from our extended winter : we've been having up here . Anyway, +++ wishes and lots of to you all.

I have a yucky cold and I have to fly tomorrow any ideas for the plane so I don't end up with an ear infection? I am almost never sick, am guessing it's the progesterone making me susceptible to colds.

Anyone else know if I'm supposed to keep using the supplemental progesterone?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations Jen! Awesome!

Concerning the supplemental progesterone...when I asked how long to take it at my clinic, they said they would re assess at time of pregnancy/blood draw. They automaticall schedule a blood draw 14 days after IUI. at they time the confirm or negate a pregnancy and upon pregnancy, they check the progesterone level and advise based on those new levels.

I dont think it hurts to continue throughout first trimester, as I have read that it helps sustain a pregnancy (until placenta takes over) ... but just ask your doc to check your progesterone level when you get your blood drawn in CA. (Of course, they could be off since it will be reading the supplements!? )

Have fun in CA.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Hey ladies! I just was waiting to talk to my DH first before sharing the news here -- I got a BFP beta HCG test today! I had done a POAS test -- Kroger brand -- this morning and it was faintly positive, but I decided to go ahead and wait for the blood test results, since I hadn't saved any of my 1st morning urine. So I had to wait until 2:30, then I had to wait until my DH was out of a meeting at work, round 3:45, before I could tell him. I'm feeling a bit crampy, but I think it's just the pregnancy expanding my uterus. I get another Beta on Saturday to make sure the numbers double. I'll be in CA at the time, so I have to get a lab there to do it. Oh well, I'll just be glad to get away from our extended winter : we've been having up here . Anyway, +++ wishes and lots of to you all.

I have a yucky cold and I have to fly tomorrow any ideas for the plane so I don't end up with an ear infection? I am almost never sick, am guessing it's the progesterone making me susceptible to colds.

Anyone else know if I'm supposed to keep using the supplemental progesterone?
Oh, how great! Congratulations!

I would keep using the prog until you get the word from your doctor. In fact, they might prescribe IM prog for the first few weeks/months.

SAHM to DS 2006 1990 2007 2008

User Tag List