A Maca ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don’t know if this belongs here, but we are trying to conceive and I recently found out that I have endometrial hyperplasma and or endometrial thinking. The doctor that I went to just wants to do a D and C end of story. She did not take my hormone levels when I was at her office just did a pap, listened to me tell her that I am so sure I have PCOS (dismissed that idea in a nano second) and listened to me tell her and show her on previous test that my testosterone is at a 90 and normal is 30-60. She then sent me for a regular ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound. Test results came back as normal pap, and a thickened endometrial lining. She is really pushing for the D and C, and telling me there is a risk of cancer if I don’t do it. : I have called her office twice asking why on earth we cant try testing my hormones and going from there first. The answer is always no, we need to get that out right now (it is a medium thick layer) I just heard about Maca and I am wondering if that would help someone with my problems, since I am sure this is all hormonal. I want to seek a second opinion, but I am a procrastinator and haven’t gotten it done yet. Would you seek the second opinion first and get levels tested then take maca, or would you take maca now and give it a month or so and see how things go.... I'll have the D and C if it is a necessary thing, but I'd rather go the route of fixing the whole problem not just fixing the symptom of my hormones being out of wack
Thanks
#2 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 05:53 AM

sorry your doctor is so not understanding. why is she even allowed to push something on you without explaining ALL your options? I think it would really be better to get a second opinion.
on maca: it's a root, and counts as food, so I'd take that right away because I don't think it could hurt. maybe read the TTC with Maca thread for more info, the ladies have compiled a lit of studies, too. in the meantime you can have tests done or at least look for another doctor.
good luck!

hh2.gif

#3 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 AM

I agree with the PP... Maca can't hurt, but I'd definitely seek a second opinion anyway. The docs today like to drop the C word to scare people into things, I think... but it's still a scary word that deserves a second opinion. Hope it's just hormones.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page