Nursing mamas TTC in April! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on day 25 and still freakin' waiting to O!!!! I guess I should prepare myself for a looooonnngggg cycle. Arrghhh

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#62 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 PM

12 dpo; BFN because....

...AF arrived. Darn.

I'm waiting to ovulate
#63 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 03:11 PM

Can you remove me from January success stories and add me to waiting to be ready? We lost our sweet baby on April 5th at 13 weeks.
#64 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 03:15 PM

Oh, Dreams! I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
#65 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 03:16 PM

Oh Dreams. I'm so sorry.

AFM, I'm at 7dpo. Trying to wait as long as possible to test. Although the birthday party for DS and my best friend's DS is on Saturday, so it might be cool to test before then and be able to tell my parents in person if I am. I'll be 11dpo, which is the latest I've ever gotten a positive. So it should be safe. We'll see. This is our last chance for a baby this year.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#66 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 03:19 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm excited to join you - please add me to waiting to be ready. I have been getting AF for a few months now, but have very long cycles. I just started charting this month and I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating yet, but I'm not surprised since I'm still nursing DS pretty frequently. I'm not sure when my body will be ready, but emotionally I'm ready .

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#67 of 217 Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
12 dpo; BFN because....

...AF arrived. Darn.

I'm waiting to ovulate
Because, I'm sorry! I was hoping you'd get that bfp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
Can you remove me from January success stories and add me to waiting to be ready? We lost our sweet baby on April 5th at 13 weeks.
I'm so sorry.

#68 of 217 Old 04-09-2008, 02:54 PM

Dreams In Digital, I'm so sorry for your loss

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#69 of 217 Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 PM

Dreams, I'm so sorry.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#70 of 217 Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 PM

Back to Waiting to O for me too.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#71 of 217 Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Dreams in Digital- so, so sorry for your loss...

As for me I`M 8DPO but not too hopeful this month. Everyone`s been sick in my family. Ds has rota virus and he`s not feeling well at all. On top of it dh got sick and he`s been running a fever. Yesterday, I started having a low-grade fever as well. So, I`d be really surprised if I`m pregnant. My temps are all over the place but they are still above the line. So, still a little hopeful.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#72 of 217 Old 04-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Katica, I hope everyone in your family feels betters soon and that you get a bfp.

I'm on CD 25 or 26 ( I can't remember anymore...too tired) and still have not ovualated. I'm actually hoping I have AF here soon and just say that I had an anovulatory cycle so that I can start again.

#73 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
I'm on CD 25 or 26 ( I can't remember anymore...too tired) and still have not ovualated. I'm actually hoping I have AF here soon and just say that I had an anovulatory cycle so that I can start again.
Don't throw the towel in yet! I conceived DD on CD30 and DS on CD43. For me, I can go annov-looking to ovulating in 2 days flat! Ironically, my quickest ovulation ever (at CD 23) resulted in my BFN this week... : Maybe you could work on increasing estrogen levels to get yourself over that threshhold? I'm using a tea of Red Clover Blossoms and Nettles plus Dong Quai tincture. Of course, I'm still not pg, just ovulating, but whatever.

Katica (and family): feel better soon!!!!
#74 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

I am so sorry for you loss DreamsInDigital.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#75 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 07:27 AM

Thanks everyone...

I`m spotting. Guess I`ll be out soon with an 8 day LP. Aaahhh, I really don`t want that or any other surprise this week...

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#76 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Don't throw the towel in yet! I conceived DD on CD30 and DS on CD43. For me, I can go annov-looking to ovulating in 2 days flat! Ironically, my quickest ovulation ever (at CD 23) resulted in my BFN this week... : Maybe you could work on increasing estrogen levels to get yourself over that threshhold? I'm using a tea of Red Clover Blossoms and Nettles plus Dong Quai tincture. Of course, I'm still not pg, just ovulating, but whatever.

Katica (and family): feel better soon!!!!
Can you tell me more about that tea? And the tincture? I'm assuming it's something my natural market would have?

#77 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM

hi everybody, can i come in?
been lurking here, and our new insurance was approved today, with maternity coverage for me so we can now officially start trying for #2!!!

only problem is that my son (who will be two in June) is still nursing and i haven't gotten my first period yet. been taking vitex for one month now (which has not affected my supply one bit BTW), hoping to get things started. toying with the idea of nightweaning, for both fertility and mama needs sleep reasons.

we only want one more, and we would prefer that our children be more closely spaced but we have waited this long to even think about it because we wanted to insure that my son would get breastmilk for at least two years.

any advice would be appreciated.

#78 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

BFN at 9dpo, but I didn't get a positive with the last baby until 11dpo, so there's still hope.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#79 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 05:30 PM

I'm crossing my fingers for you, moonprysm.

I've tried night weaning, and it just does NOT work for my little guy. He is so adamant that he gets his nur-nurs.
kittyhead, are you taking the pills or the chasteberry tea? It's the same thing right?

I've had some cramping today. Really low and annoying. I'm on CD 27, so maybe I'll get af soon.

#80 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
kittyhead, are you taking the pills or the chasteberry tea? It's the same thing right?

neither, i am taking the tincture.
#81 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me more about that tea? And the tincture? I'm assuming it's something my natural market would have?
Check out the book Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year by Susun Weed (yes, Weed! I love it when names go with occupations... tee hee). There are chapters on fertility, infertility, pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and newborns. Awesome book. In the fertility chapter, she lists various herbs that increase estrogen or other things to improve fertility. I found red clover blossoms, nettles, red raspberry leaves, various mints, etc. dried at my market and created my own tea based on Weed's suggestions. I add the Dong Quai by tincture but I know they also have it in capsule form. I have tried vitex and noticed an increase in CM but felt after several months of use before my first PPAF that it just wasn't right for me. In fact, I started AF a full month later with DS than I did with DD and he nurses less, etc. so I really wonder if vitex was counter-productive. A few weeks after I stopped it, I finally ovulated. Possibly coincidence but it seems that pro-estrogen things are better for me. You can also find the dried herbs on websites like Mountain Rose Herbs and Pacific Botanicals.

Quote:
hi everybody, can i come in?
been lurking here, and our new insurance was approved today, with maternity coverage for me so we can now officially start trying for #2!!!

only problem is that my son (who will be two in June) is still nursing and i haven't gotten my first period yet. been taking vitex for one month now (which has not affected my supply one bit BTW), hoping to get things started. toying with the idea of nightweaning, for both fertility and mama needs sleep reasons.

we only want one more, and we would prefer that our children be more closely spaced but we have waited this long to even think about it because we wanted to insure that my son would get breastmilk for at least two years.

any advice would be appreciated.
First, welcome and congratulations on the insurance.

Second, I think that nightweaning and spacing out nursing sessions is usually the first bit of advice mamas get. We nightweaned DD at 17 months; it didn't bring back AF for me and it was really hard on all of us. We nightweaned DS at 25 months; AF came back (but it was about a month after I got it the first time around so it could be coincidence) and it was really easy on all of us. I think it partly depends on the kid's personality and whether you're in a good window of opportunity. I've heard that at 1 year and at 2 years there are typically good windows. It was true for us. Go with your gut.

That pull between giving your existing child the benefit of nursing and TTC another child is somehting I think we've all dealt with at some point. I had wanted DC 2 years apart but wasn't fertile at that point. They ended up 3 years apart and it's been really good. Retrospectively, I'm so glad it didn't work out when DD was 15 months old because I lose my milk very early in the pg and she would have gotten short-changed. However, a sibling is also a tremendous gift. The right answer is different for every family.

See my comments about vitex above.

Moonprysm, good luck!!!! 9 dpo is early; you're definitely still in the game! How are your temps?

I know this isn't nursing or TTC related but OMG, I loooove my Keeper! Menstrual cups are the best invention ever. I have lighter cramps, I feel so much cleaner and never sweaty. I love not throwing anything away or buying anything. Is it possible to have this much affection for a rubber cup?
#82 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

You can put me in the 2ww club. On the weekend, I am pretty sure I o'd!!! Finally after 7 months of having AF back and never knowing if I was o'ing, I finally had noticeable enough signs this month to tell that I could tell I was!
#83 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 PM

I`m out...Please move me back to Waiting to O. Thanks.
LP was only 8 days; it`s not good right? I`ve heard that Vit B6 is supposed to help lengthen it. Can we nursing mommas take it?

#84 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
That pull between giving your existing child the benefit of nursing and TTC another child is somehting I think we've all dealt with at some point. I had wanted DC 2 years apart but wasn't fertile at that point. They ended up 3 years apart and it's been really good. Retrospectively, I'm so glad it didn't work out when DD was 15 months old because I lose my milk very early in the pg and she would have gotten short-changed. However, a sibling is also a tremendous gift. The right answer is different for every family.
Thank you for saying that. That has been my struggle exactly. I really wanted my first two babies close together (less than 2 years) but it didn't happen and now I am so glad because I have since learned the benefits of nursing until 2 and would love ds to be able to get that. But we also really want another baby sooner than later. He is 20 months now, so less than 4 more months to reach that goal! On Sat when I woke up and realized I was o'ing, it was such a battle as to whether or not to tell dh so we could do something, because I worry now that I will lose my supply right away and we will fall short of our goal. But then, I too, feel that a sibling is a tremendous gift. So it was a hard decision. In the end, I woke dh up, and I am now just hoping that I luck out and don't lose my supply right away (if I am pregnant).
#85 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katica View Post
LP was only 8 days; it`s not good right? I`ve heard that Vit B6 is supposed to help lengthen it. Can we nursing mommas take it?
Bummer! 8 days is pretty short. B vitamins are fine and they also help with morning sickness in the first trimester later. Consider a B-complex.

bright_eyes: Yay! Something to consider: even though I lost my supply, DD continued to nurse throughout my pg and then we tandem nursed for 18 months and she decided to wean at 4.5. I think a kid who still needs the relationship will persist. She wasn't getting milk per se for about 7 months but she was getting something she needed and I really feel that the tandem relationship was the foundation for the loving sibling bond that they have today.
#86 of 217 Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Moonprysm, good luck!!!! 9 dpo is early; you're definitely still in the game! How are your temps?
Not too sure. We're staying with my best friend who just had a baby 6 weeks early, so it's kinda hard to temp. We don't go to bed until around 3am (their schedule) and I usually temp at 6. And I sleep in their huge co-sleeping bed b/c it's the only place I CAN sleep, and she has to set an alarm to wake her to feed the baby every 3 hours, so I really can't get a solid set of sleep. I did temp this morning and it was 98.16, so it looks like they're still high, maybe even heading up some more.

#87 of 217 Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 AM

Moomprism- your chart looks good. Hope you get a BFP soon...

Ok, so one more dumb question. This was my first PP cycle and I did not chart with ds, so all of this is still new. I ovulated late (CD23) this cycle and LP was only 8 days long. However, everyone in my family has been sick; ds has rota virus. He`s been nursing non-stop, even more so than usual. Would that have anything to do with my period coming too soon or with the short LP?
Thank you for your input.

#88 of 217 Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 AM

Thanks for the info on the herbs, because. There is a naturopath in town who has a concoction with some of those things in it, and I'm going to be calling her Monday. Of course I want to get pg right away, but July or August would be the most ideal months (I'm a teacher) so maybe if I start taking something now, I can get things straightened out by then (i.e. ovulate)
Also, where in MI are you from (if you don't mind sharing) I grew up in Dearborn Heights, right outside of Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_eyes View Post
You can put me in the 2ww club. On the weekend, I am pretty sure I o'd!!! Finally after 7 months of having AF back and never knowing if I was o'ing, I finally had noticeable enough signs this month to tell that I could tell I was!
Congrats on ovulating! I understand more than anyone what an accomplishment that is. Send your good oing vibes my way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katica View Post
I'm taking about 400 mgs of B6 every day, plus a B complex. In the book "Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition" Marilyn Shannon says that B6 really helps with luteal phase, and overall fertility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_eyes View Post
Thank you for saying that. That has been my struggle exactly. I really wanted my first two babies close together (less than 2 years) but it didn't happen and now I am so glad because I have since learned the benefits of nursing until 2 and would love ds to be able to get that. But we also really want another baby sooner than later. He is 20 months now, so less than 4 more months to reach that goal! On Sat when I woke up and realized I was o'ing, it was such a battle as to whether or not to tell dh so we could do something, because I worry now that I will lose my supply right away and we will fall short of our goal. But then, I too, feel that a sibling is a tremendous gift. So it was a hard decision. In the end, I woke dh up, and I am now just hoping that I luck out and don't lose my supply right away (if I am pregnant).
Good luck with this month. No matter what happens, nursing a baby for 20 mos is a huge accomplishment!

I finally signed up for FF. Here is my chart. Notice that I HAVE NOT ovulated yet. Sigh.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2047a5

#89 of 217 Old 04-13-2008, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I finally got a BFP! Got a BFN last monday even though AF was almost 2 weeks late!

" rel="http://files.mothering.com/images/smilies/familybed2.gif">familybed2.gif  DD1 12/05, DD2 12/08

Computer Engineer- I write better in 1's and 0's. ;-)
#90 of 217 Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM

Congrats KSLaura!!!

This is my first cycle of charting and although my cycle looks like it's going to be >45 days long (ugh), i think I may have o'd!! yay! I wasn't sure what to expect since DS is still nursing frequently (esp at night), but I'm excited that things are at least kind of back on track.

Actually, it made me a little nervous b/c I thought I would be anovulatory and wasn't being too careful about protection (not that there was a lot of BDing going on this month ). I use the TCOYF software and uploaded it to the web. Does the link below let you guys see my chart?

http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?id=sah50980

I think the software may have miscalculated my o date and I am really more like 10-12 dpo right now.

I am having the same dilemma as many of you, trying to decide whether to TTC soon and risk losing my milk or hold off a bit so DS can nurse longer. DH REALLY wants to try again soon, but I'm leaning towards waiting a bit. We'll see...

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page