Nursing mamas TTC in April! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yay, Lindsey.
: Congratulations!!!!

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#122 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey608 View Post
this morning at 12 DPO.

I'm surprised, thrilled.. and really nervous!!

Congratulations! I had a this a.m., too! It seems so surreal, especially since a few weeks ago was the 1st time we talked about having another one. This is crazy, this is crazy.....
#123 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 01:06 PM

Wow congrats greeniemama & Lindsey!!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#124 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 01:29 PM

Yay Lindsey and Greeniemomma!!

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#125 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey608 View Post
this morning at 12 DPO.

I'm surprised, thrilled.. and really nervous!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniemama View Post
Congratulations! I had a this a.m., too! It seems so surreal, especially since a few weeks ago was the 1st time we talked about having another one. This is crazy, this is crazy.....
Congrats, ladies!!!

Okay, I think I did O!! Temp was high again this morning! I'm so excited. Now I just have to wait ...

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#126 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Hey, does anyone know how to add my chart to my siggy w/ the chart icon thingy? Does that make sense?
TIA

#127 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Congrats on Oing Katiedid!

Ok, Im not allowed to have more than one symbol in my siggy (is that b/c Im a new member or something?), but I'm pretty sure I know how to add the chart symbol/link.

Go in to edit your signature and then click on the button to add a link. Then paste the link to your chart in the box and hit enter. It will add text to your signature that looks kind of like this (using my chart as an ex):

[URL="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/204744"]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/204744 (there is another url in brackets here but I had to delete it so you could see the text)

Then replace the second copy of the link in between the two [URL] brackets with the chart symbol so that it looks like this:

[URL="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/204744"] chart symbol (url in brackets)

hopefully that will work

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
#128 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 08:09 PM

Wow! Congratulations to all the new BFPs! I knew spring would be good!

I'm on CD11 and think I'm at least headed in the right direction but don't think I'll O anytime soon. I'm still taking all my usual supplements but have upped my maca from 2-4 capsules a day to 2T of powder a day. I also have upped my thyroid meds to what I hope will be a TSH of around 1. At least my endocrine system will be fully charged! lol

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of conceiving DD.
The day before was the 3rd anniversary of conceiving DS.
Was kind of hoping this week would be successful just to keep up the pattern, but alas...
#129 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniemama View Post
: Congratulations!!
#130 of 217 Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 PM

Hello! I'd love you join you ladies. Any of you NOT have cycles yet? I am nursing a 14 month old and still no PP AF. We have decreased the frequency of her nursing lately, so hoping to bring on some sort of fertility. Getting anxious, as it took 1.5 yrs to conceive her and I want lots of babies
#131 of 217 Old 04-19-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post
Hello! I'd love you join you ladies. Any of you NOT have cycles yet? I am nursing a 14 month old and still no PP AF. We have decreased the frequency of her nursing lately, so hoping to bring on some sort of fertility. Getting anxious, as it took 1.5 yrs to conceive her and I want lots of babies
I got my first pp af at 16 mos, so I was right where you are a few months ago. I totally understand about getting impatient because of wanting a lot of babies. Dh and I want at least five, so we figure we better get cracking.

#132 of 217 Old 04-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
I'm now in the dreaded 2ww.... Taking B-6 and on progesterone cream to hopefully lengthen my LP.
!
Guess, I`m not the only one with the short LP. My LP was 8 day this last cycle and I waited 23 days to Ovulate. What`s up with that? Still grumpy about that..
How much B6 are you taking? I`m taking 50mg mainly because it`s only my second PP cycle and things might straighten out on their own...

Katie- YAY for ovulation. I really hope and pray this is your month

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#133 of 217 Old 04-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Temp was high again today! FF gave me the cross hairs. I'm so excited. Of course I want to get pg, but if I don't I'm still excited that I ovulated, because before I had DS I was obese and only ovulated maybe 3 xs a year.

Katica, I take 400 mgs a day of B6. In Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition ( a great book, btw) Marilyn Shannon says you really need 200-1000 to make an impact on fertility. I just ran out yesterday. Must get more, especially now that I am in the LP.

#134 of 217 Old 04-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Will you please move me to the 2ww? Thanks!

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#135 of 217 Old 04-20-2008, 08:18 PM

Hi I am fairly new to actively tracking information in our attempt at ttc and I have a few questions. Background: I am 42 years old, breast feeding my 2.5 year old and have kind of whonky cycles ranging from 19 days to abt 27 days this past year. Average abt 21 days. I started using natural progesterone cream a few months ago and that seems to have regulated my cycle to 27 days.

I started using a Fertility Monitor this month because charting just isn't possible for me cosleeping with a 2 year old who nurses a lot in the early am. The monitor registered high fertility beginning day 8 which was consistent with my observations of EWCM between days 8 to 10 during this and previous cycles. However, the monitor has never registered a peak.

I'm on CD23, so what gives? Did I not O this month, is it possible I did O but because of nursing and my "advanced maternal age:: the test did not pick up the LH surge?

I am healthy, exercise daily, take food based prenatals, vitamin d, vitamin e, fish oil. I am over weight since my pregnancy with dd but I am working on it hence the daily exercise.

Any suggestions? I am not at all familiar with ways to increase fertility, this is all new to me. My first pregnancy I got pregnant as soon as we said "lets have a baby." If your still reading thanks for your patience.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#136 of 217 Old 04-20-2008, 10:27 PM

Kristin, so are you saying that you're not ovulating at all? If not, I'd say it's more to do w/ your nursing than your age. I mean, I know everyone is different, but a lot of women still have babies in their 40s, kwim? Have you thought about supplements? There is a thread in the ttc forum that has a huge ass list of supplements. Some women have had success w/ vitex; I'm personally using maca and another fertility blend.

#137 of 217 Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Kristin, so are you saying that you're not ovulating at all? If not, I'd say it's more to do w/ your nursing than your age. I mean, I know everyone is different, but a lot of women still have babies in their 40s, kwim? Have you thought about supplements? There is a thread in the ttc forum that has a huge ass list of supplements. Some women have had success w/ vitex; I'm personally using maca and another fertility blend.
Well, that's the question of the month. According to the fertility monitor I did not get a Peak fertility reading so far this month and by day 23 one would expect to have one especially if my cycle is 27 days long. I was hoping I did ovulate but the monitor just didn't pick it up due to perhaps low levels of hormones. I guess I'm clueless to the effect nursing has on fertility. I didn't think it would effect ovulation.

I thought I have been ovulating as I do get some EWCM each month followed a week or so later by thicker kind of whitish CM. It's around the same time each cycle but according to the fertility monitor the EWCM coincided with a rise in fertility indicating (If I am remembering it right the pre-ovulation estrogen surge) but it never reached a peak.

Thanks for directions to the supplement list. I am open to anything that might help at this point as long as it won't effect my LO through my breast milk. I have a friend who recommended Maca but I'm not sure how to use it and how much. I'll get reading.

Thanks

Kristin

#138 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

As I posted a few weeks ago, I will need someone else to host this thread next month. I am not sure when, or if, we are going to TTC now as finanaces are beyond bad & I am needing to go back to work. I am really sad about this & just can't bear to keep up with the thread for another month knowing that I can't really take part. Anyone intrested?

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#139 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 AM

I could do it Cheryl! I've never done it before, but it doesn't seem too hard.

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS
#140 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
I could do it Cheryl! I've never done it before, but it doesn't seem too hard.
Great! It's pretty easy. I'll pm you w/ the details. Thanks!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#141 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 07:19 AM

Kristin-I`m pretty new to charting and got my first pp period a couple months ago so I don`t have much advice to give. My 19 month old still nurses quite a bit too so my morning temps are pretty messy. I encourage you to chart though. Even if it isn`t exact it still helps to see if there is a definite temp rise.
I ovulated on CD23 last month so there is still hope for you. Are you having EWCM?

#142 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
Well, that's the question of the month. According to the fertility monitor I did not get a Peak fertility reading so far this month and by day 23 one would expect to have one especially if my cycle is 27 days long. I was hoping I did ovulate but the monitor just didn't pick it up due to perhaps low levels of hormones. I guess I'm clueless to the effect nursing has on fertility. I didn't think it would effect ovulation.

I thought I have been ovulating as I do get some EWCM each month followed a week or so later by thicker kind of whitish CM. It's around the same time each cycle but according to the fertility monitor the EWCM coincided with a rise in fertility indicating (If I am remembering it right the pre-ovulation estrogen surge) but it never reached a peak.

Thanks for directions to the supplement list. I am open to anything that might help at this point as long as it won't effect my LO through my breast milk. I have a friend who recommended Maca but I'm not sure how to use it and how much. I'll get reading.

Thanks

Kristin
Have you been taking your temps? It is possible that you're having anovulatory cycles. You should start charting and temping so we can look at it, and maybe we can pinpoint a temp rise?
Mucous is always a good sign, but nursing can give you an increase in mucous anyway. I had mucous for a while before it amounted to anything.

#143 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 11:51 AM

So, I o'ed a day or two earlier, and assumed that meant my 6-7 day LP would FINALLY increase at least by a little - which was good...

I had a lot of hope so even when DH and I went to dinner on Saturday, I limited my wine, "just in case". But then I went to the bathroom at his parents while picking up DS after dinner - and the darn AF showed.... 2 days early...

I was so sad. I cried for the first time. 9 months of hoping. 5 months of actively charting and trying. and still an LP of only 6 days long...

DH was so sweet on our long, sad drive home from dinner. Usually when I tell him that AF showed, he looks at me strange, like wondering why I'm sharing so much info w/him (like I just told him I farted or something!!). But this time, he totally got it. Probably because this cycle we have talked a lot more about timing, ways to optomize, and even birthing options for this one (possible homebirth)... Anyway, he immediately said how sorry he was and asked how I was...

and then he said it "so, why can't we get pregnant?" He also asked if we should talk to the dr. But the disapponting thing is that I already talked to my dr. - and its clear she really doesn't know anything about fertility - she pretty much said that at least my cycles were consistent, so I didn't have to worry about a 6-7 day LP... So, we don't really know what to do next...

oh, and then DH asked if I wanted to get a puppy - ha ha

anyway - this part sucks - but we are just trying to have hope that it will help soon - and we feel so lucky that we didn't have to go through this the first time and have such a wonderfully happy and healthy little guy to love...

So, now I'm CD 2 - waiting to o....

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
#144 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 PM

I'm so sorry. Have you been taking anything to help lengthen your LP? Like B6?

#145 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I'm so sorry. Have you been taking anything to help lengthen your LP? Like B6?
yup - I've taken "everything" - which I think is what also frustrates me... I've been on vitex, B-6, Vit C, and this cycle also started using progesterone cream during my LP. No improvement - at all....

loving Mama to Killian (6/07) and Breckin (3/26)
#146 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM

Aw shanahan sorry to hear you are having such a tough time. I noticed in your signature (unless I'm reading it wrong, which is totally possible ) that your son is about 10.5 mos old. If he's still nursing a lot that might be having an impact on your LP. Once he starts eating more solids maybe things will get back to normal. My son is almost 12 mos and still nursing quite a bit so my cycles are still anovulatory. At least I'm hoping that's the reason why I'm anov! I know it's frustrating - DH and I would like to have our children relatively close together too, but hopefully if we are patient our bodies will cooperate.

#147 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Okay, I'm 5 dpo, so why the heck did I have a ton of mucous that was very similar to ewcm. When I put that in ff, my crosshairs turn to dashes, so I changed it. WTF? What does that mucous mean? Did I not ovulate?

#148 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Have you been taking your temps? It is possible that you're having anovulatory cycles. You should start charting and temping so we can look at it, and maybe we can pinpoint a temp rise?
Mucous is always a good sign, but nursing can give you an increase in mucous anyway. I had mucous for a while before it amounted to anything.
I haven't been temping because it seemed impossible to do cosleeping with a toddler who nurses a lot in the early morning hours. That was why I went straight to the fertility monitor. I guess I'll try next cycle. That will give me some time to figure out HOW to chart. Thanks for all your insight.

Kristin

#149 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 03:24 PM

I have a friend who was cosleeping and still able to take fairly accurate temps. It's worth a shot.

#150 of 217 Old 04-21-2008, 07:15 PM

Kristin- Ds nurses a lot in the early hours and my chart looks terrible but when I ovulated it was very obvious. You could try waking up before your lo and take your temps then.

Katie- not sure about the EWCM but your chart is very promising. I really think you DID Ovulate.

Shanahan- I also have a short LP. It`s very frustrating. Especially when I have to wait 20+ days to ovulate in the first place.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page