Nursing mamas TTC in April! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#211 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please move me to 2WW. Actually it's more like 1 week wait now!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#212 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 02:33 PM

Welcome to all the new mamas joining this thread. You'll find alot of good support here.

As for me: 3dpo! Dh and I only managed to BD 2x during my fertile phase, so we'll see.

Good Luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#213 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilflirt View Post
Hi. I'm new here and very excited to find a whole thread devoted to nursing mamas who want another baby. I've been trying to find answers to so many things that seem unusual for TTC groups.

A bit of background: I have a 20 month old son, Z, who still nurses like it's going out of style. I am also almost 40, so time is short for us if we want another child. I did not get my period until Z was 16 months old, and then my cycle was 52 days long and my chart was all over the place. The second cycle was also very messy, also 50 days long, and I had a "chemical pregnancy," which I probably would never have known about if I weren't charting and using very sensitive tests. The third cycle (last month) had textbook temps, was 32 days long (my pre-Z cycle length), and we hit all the right days for bd'ing, but we still did not get pregnant. I discovered that I only have a 9 or 10 day long luteal phase. I started taking vitamin B6 a few months ago, but I guess that wasn't enough, so as of today I am starting vitex and a B-50 complex. I do not want to wean my son. In fact, I was planning on tandem nursing, but now I'm getting worried he will delay my fertility until it is too late. (I still won't wean him, though.)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you and to seeing how you deal with the strains of nursing and TTC at the same time!
Jill

PS Does it sound like I'm doing the right thing, taking vitex and b-50 and b6? The OB I used when I gave birth to Z wants me to take Clomid, which sounded like overkill to me since I'm already O'ing. I was not going to use an OB this time around, but in my worry, I phoned him.

PPS I am waiting to O
Hello & Welcome! Sorry I'm not going to be much help, but I started Vit B6 100 mg daily and the very next cycle, my LP was 1 day longer and has remained that way for the last 2 cycles! So I got *pretty* good results with B6 and extending my LP. I have never tried Vitex, but I know alot of ladies on the boards use it with mixed results. I'm not sure about Clomid, I haven't heard much discussion on this particular thread, so I'm not sure if many nursing mommies us it or not?

Hope you find some answers!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#214 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM

I haven't been around here much lately, but I started encouraging DS (21 months) to lay off the num-nums at night by explaining that num-nums are going to sleep and when it's light out again, they'll wake up. Well, it has been working since last Friday night when I started it. He doesn't make it all night (meaning until morning), but from bedtime until at least 4am, which is a great improvement from every 2-3 hours! So Monday my cervix was low, firm, closed, and sticky, like always, and then yesterday and today it's been open, high, soft, and very egg white/watery!! I am hoping I am about to O and maybe the sudden change in nursing patterns actually is bringing back my cycle (I have yet to get a PP AF). No temping, so I can't confirm an O, but please move me to Waiting to O.

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#215 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
As for me I need some encouragement right now. I`m 8 DPO and sick as a dog again. Last cycle I was sick during my 2WW and now again. Do you know if a cold (getting pretty bad at this point) can stop the baby from implanting? Boy, I really did not need this.

Hugs mama! I don't think it matters - when it's time it's time! My very first dd (8 yrs old now) was conceived while I was burning the midnight oil drinking and smoking until the wee hours and she stuck just fine! Best luck to you!!!

Well I decided - based on the links you wonderful mamas gave me - that dd would be fine and I am NOT weaning her! Hooray!!! It does make me mad that the doctor couldn't just put me on something he KNEW was safe rather than just saying no b/c he didn't know for sure!

At any rate AF is due thursday but not one sign of spotting since Sun/Mon!! I'm hoping and praying for a bfp but it's hard b/c I also don't want to get my hopes up!!! Arg.
#216 of 217 Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by risen_joy View Post

Hugs mama! I don't think it matters - when it's time it's time! My very first dd (8 yrs old now) was conceived while I was burning the midnight oil drinking and smoking until the wee hours and she stuck just fine! Best luck to you!!!

Well I decided - based on the links you wonderful mamas gave me - that dd would be fine and I am NOT weaning her! Hooray!!! It does make me mad that the doctor couldn't just put me on something he KNEW was safe rather than just saying no b/c he didn't know for sure!

At any rate AF is due thursday but not one sign of spotting since Sun/Mon!! I'm hoping and praying for a bfp but it's hard b/c I also don't want to get my hopes up!!! Arg.

Good to hear! And yes it is very frustrating that docs are not more aware of meds and bfing.. :

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#217 of 217 Old 05-01-2008, 12:22 AM

New thread is up!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=889513

Momma to DS1 4/5/06 nursed with IGT to self-weaning at 27 months, DS2 1/20/09 still nursing, DS3 due late November - planning to tandem with IGT and SNS

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page