Nursing mamas TTC in April! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy April, mamas!
Please put change requests in bold type.

Good Luck and lots of Mommies!

Waiting to be Ready
leaguemama
simplelife
bodhicitta3 ds 8/04, dd 10/06
brightonwoman 1/07
luvmy2girls
lilgreen
DreamsInDigital
RunnerMommy
Peony
saphos
dinahx

Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!
firefly mama
coffee-lovin-mom
gillibean
BlessedMommy2006
LiLStar
sphynxcat
Kali Shanti
*Robin*

Waiting to O
alaskaberry
heidirk
sarahf.
Julia Rose
ed tricia
Nicole R.
shanahan
mfrykas DS 9/05
attached2mason DS 1/05
Greenmama13
zac'smom
Lindsey608
Kamie
Katedidbug
OSTC
RoseRed
Chic mama
jr'smom
Monica3674
Moonprysm
RunnerMommy
MaClaire

: 2WW :
taylor
catemom
emski4379 DS 11/05
ryan'smom DS 10/2005
Hollin
cody'smomma
EBeth0000
Nicole R.
bright_eyes
ms.pacman
sraplayas
Katica
risen_joy
because

: :: :
Our Success stories

April 08
3for me
Cody'smomma
KSLaura
wrzos
Lindsey608
ms. pacman

March 2008
Jaysmylilpumpkin DS 12/05
allykhat
mochimama
BundleFishMama DD 8/02, DD 5/04, DS 6/06
OwensMa
chic2chic

February 2008
Bee21
myrmom
Jul3Feb2
hannybanany dd 8/05
natalieadw dd 4/06
Bella Catalina DS 4/06
thefragile7393 DS 1/06
zakers_mama with DS 10/04, DD 1/07

January 2008
MommytoHHH
emski4379
Jörð

December 2007
heatherRN DS 6/7/06
JenMidwife
Naturegirl DS 8/04
jwpsgurl
Celina DD 7/05
BlissfullyLoving
ryansma
honeybee
ShiningStar DD 2/20/06
mistyryan
elisheva
GwendalynsMommy

November 2007
sunnymw DS 10/9/06
Lorette DS 8/05
finnegansmom
Linzie2 DD 5/5/06
mommymia
nubianamy DD 3/19/06
doulakris - caught the 1st PP egg!
BakerALM DD 2/06
miztrezzlyn
emikey
sweetney
can't wait

April Threadhostess ~ Maciascl

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#2 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 01:43 PM

THanks for starting the new thread! Looks great!

I'm 5 dpo and waiting, waiting, waiting.... temps are up nice and high but they took the slow road to get there. Nothing to report except feeling really irritated when DS nurses. A progesterone thing, I'm sure, but I remember my nipples feeling terrible when I got pg while nursing DD.

Does anyone know anything about natural progesterone cream and breastfeeding? After my chemical last cycle, I'm looking for insurance but I'm skeptical, YK?

Spring is a good time to make babies, mamas! Good luck to everyone this April!
#3 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Just subbing. Thanks for starting the month off! Happy April everybody!!

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:
#4 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Thanks for the new thread!!!!

I am still waiting to know. I tested this afternoon and got a BFN but still no AF. If she doesn't show up I will test again on Thurs with FMU.
#5 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 04:16 PM

Waiting to O fo r me

Honestly I am at a loss to figure out what going on with my bogy. But I am so here.

Bec, Married eternally to Dan for ten years. Parents to A (8/17/06) O (12/30/09) one love lost (2/07/09) and my little twin angels (9/24/11, 10/11/11)

#6 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread. I really think I O`d yesterday b/c of sore breasts, high, open cervix and EWCM but my temps have nothing to show for it. My chart is a total chaos. But I NEVER get 3 hours of sleep prior to waking up in the morning. That would have something to do with it...
Officially, still Waiting to Ovulate, please...

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#7 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 10:07 PM

Just thought I would check in . I am anxiously waiting for either a BFP or AF on Thursday-ish. No spotting yet, which is unusual, so cross your fingers for me!!! This is cycle 14 I think . .gosh, I've lost track. A year, anyway.

Tried something new this month. WEnt to see a naturopath and the homeopathic remedies and a few suppliments he put me on (red rasberry leaf infusions and a new essential fatty acid blend) made a difference in my CM this month, so I am hopeful! Please, please, please let this one be THE cycle!

Amy
mama to big brother Mason (Jan '05) and the littles, Adam and Holden (May '10)
#8 of 217 Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 PM

Oooooo! Thursday's going to be a big day!!!! mamas!
#9 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 AM

Katica, your link doesn't link to the chart. You have to go to the ff site and setup your homepage and link to that. Then we can see your chart And I never have 3 hrs of sleep, and my temps are pretty consistent.

Attached2mason, I hope today is a great day for you!

:
#10 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 AM

Thank you, Ms. Pacman. It should work now though I`m not very proud of my temps...

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#11 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 07:07 AM

Katica,

Maybe today is the day, and you'll get your temp jump tomorrow morning! The fertile CM is a great sign!

:
#12 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the well wishes

I took a test this am and it looked like a BFN but if I really really squint I can see a super skinny line . . .I'm thinking this is just the line that turns into ink when it actually is a BFP but now I have my hopes up. Can't decide whether to test tomorrow or wait until fri or sat . . .I got a late bfp wth DS - I think I was 18 dpo when I finally got a BFP with him. Gosh, when tests are only a buck it makes it so hard to resist

Amy
#13 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attached2mason View Post
Just thought I would check in . I am anxiously waiting for either a BFP or AF on Thursday-ish. No spotting yet, which is unusual, so cross your fingers for me!!! This is cycle 14 I think . .gosh, I've lost track. A year, anyway.

Tried something new this month. WEnt to see a naturopath and the homeopathic remedies and a few suppliments he put me on (red rasberry leaf infusions and a new essential fatty acid blend) made a difference in my CM this month, so I am hopeful! Please, please, please let this one be THE cycle!
Hope this is it for you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed!

As for me: 2 ww, I'm pretty sure I o'd either yesterday or late monday. I'm not temping this cycle because I thought it would cut down on my obsession, but it really hasn't helped lol.

Good luck everyone!

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#14 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 PM

Please put me in Waiting to Catch the First PP Egg!

Good luck all all the mamas!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#15 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 07:28 PM

I guess I'm still waiting to O. My chart shows mucous around the middle of the cycle, but no real signifigant temp change. Arghhh. I mean, I do get up w/ Ds in the night quite a bit...I don't know. I just wish I would freakin' ovulate!!!!! I believe I'm on CD 19.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#16 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Don't worry, I am sure you will see that temp jump soon!

:
#17 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:

I took a test this am and it looked like a BFN but if I really really squint I can see a super skinny line . . .I'm thinking this is just the line that turns into ink when it actually is a BFP but now I have my hopes up. Can't decide whether to test tomorrow or wait until fri or sat . . .I got a late bfp wth DS - I think I was 18 dpo when I finally got a BFP with him. Gosh, when tests are only a buck it makes it so hard to resist
Does it have color? For a buck, I say you test with FMU and SMU every day!

Hoping to hear an exciting update tomorrow!

And 3for_me, you're going to come straight here in the morning and update, too, right?

I have a few days left before even I can test (as you may know, I'm a bit of a POASaholic), so I have to live vicariously through you mamas! I'm 6 dpo today and mad that my doc's office NEVER called me back. I've been bugging them about upping my thyroid meds and wanting info about progesterone for the last couple weeks and I keep getting ignored, not called, etc. My doc is a family friend and super great but her staff just makes me want to scream.

Since I won't get any info or help from them in time, I'm thinking of starting NPC on my own tonight? Seriously, does anyone think this is a bad idea? I just don't want another chemical pg because my progesterone (that my doc's office won't test to be too low and make me lose this one, too.
#18 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 09:17 PM

attached2mason- I hope and pray that you get a BFP soon

#19 of 217 Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Amy, I am ::: and really praying this is it for you!

: for all you other mamas, too!

write@home mama to big boy (04-06) and little boy (10-08)
and someone new in november stork-suprise.gif

#20 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 AM

Hooray for a new month! Because is right... spring is a great time for making babies. I hope we see a lot of BFP's flying around soon.
#21 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=because;10917377]

And 3for_me, you're going to come straight here in the morning and update, too, right?

QUOTE]

Well I am here and guess what I got this morning???

That's right :

Now the question is do I want to do progesterone? I have had 5 pg so far, well this will make 6, but I had no problems with #1, spotted for 16 weeks with #2, lost #3 at 12 weeks, lost #4 at 9 weeks and then was on progesterone for #5 and she will be 2 in June. The only problem I had with the progesterone was I was sick as a dog. I think I would not relax without taking it so I think I just need to try to stay on top of the sickness and keep eating.
#22 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 AM

Hey all . BFN again this morning. I think AF is on the way, unfortunately .

I am really starting to think that I might be one of the few women who need to wean to get pg. Trouble is, how do you wean a 3+ year old?! I know for those of you with younger babes it seems like it would be easier the older they get, but that certainly hasn't been my experience . Also, I have mixed feelings about weaning, so without a steely resolve, I'm not sure I could actually do it, yk? I told him this morning that I thought he might be getting closer to being too big and grown up for "nums" and he laughed as if it were ridiculous. Then I suggested that if he wants to have a baby brother or sister that the baby will need the nums. He laughed even harder and said "babies don't like nums!" .

Anyone know of any books for preschoolers about weaning?

Amy
#23 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3for_me View Post

That's right :

Now the question is do I want to do progesterone? I have had 5 pg so far, well this will make 6, but I had no problems with #1, spotted for 16 weeks with #2, lost #3 at 12 weeks, lost #4 at 9 weeks and then was on progesterone for #5 and she will be 2 in June. The only problem I had with the progesterone was I was sick as a dog. I think I would not relax without taking it so I think I just need to try to stay on top of the sickness and keep eating.

Yaaaaay!!!! Congrats, mama! I'm curious what you decide about the progesterone. Keep us updated, OK?

A2M: It could just be early. If you got a shadow yesterday, I wouldn't give up yet. How do you feel? How are your temps? DD was the same way about weaning when she was 3 ish. Thought is was absolutely absurd that she would ever quit nursing. We mostly CLW at 4.5. She hadn't nursed in weeks, she decided she was done and told me, we had a party, etc. then I just held her to it the once or twice she casually asked months later. Seems like if you're ovulating/cycling, weaning shouldn't be required. I don't know. I know that we tried/wanted for DS for 13 months (but that was without cycles hoping to catch the first egg) and it was so frustrating and confusing whether it was all normal for breastfeeding or if there was a problem.
#24 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 11:53 AM

Yikes, I've been neglecting this thread! I'm now 4 DPO, so I should be moved to 2WW please!
#25 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey608 View Post
Hooray for a new month! Because is right... spring is a great time for making babies. I hope we see a lot of BFP's flying around soon.
From your lips... I'm now on day 20 w/ no temp rise. I guess I'll just have to deal w/ a long first pp cycle.
[QUOTE=3for_me;10921137]
Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post

QUOTE]

That's right :

YAAY!!! Congrats on the BFP!!!!!!
Quote:
Hey all . BFN again this morning. I think AF is on the way, unfortunately .

I am really starting to think that I might be one of the few women who need to wean to get pg. Trouble is, how do you wean a 3+ year old?! I know for those of you with younger babes it seems like it would be easier the older they get, but that certainly hasn't been my experience . Also, I have mixed feelings about weaning, so without a steely resolve, I'm not sure I could actually do it, yk? I told him this morning that I thought he might be getting closer to being too big and grown up for "nums" and he laughed as if it were ridiculous. Then I suggested that if he wants to have a baby brother or sister that the baby will need the nums. He laughed even harder and said "babies don't like nums!" .

Anyone know of any books for preschoolers about weaning?
I don't have any advice. Ds is only 17 mos, but I can't imagine the choice of weaning or getting pg. I'm so nervous that I'll be in that boat. Granted I've just started ttc, but I'm just a paranoid freak.

#26 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 PM

: 3for_me!! Congratulations!

attached2mason, I think there is a book called Michelle the Nursing Toddler that deals with weaning. But I agree with pp, if you are O'ing, then weaning isn't going to do anything.

I thought I O'ed for the first time PP, but I am what I thought was 15dpo with BFN and no signs of AF. I am thinking I got my hopes up for nothing and I didn't really O.

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#27 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 PM

Thanks ladies. I am waiting for my midwife to call and I will talk to her about the progestrone.

A2M: Just take it one day at a time. You will know what is right :
#28 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 01:45 PM

3for_me - totally forgot to say CONGRATS in my last post

THanks for the support, all. Katie . . . hopefully your stay here will be short and sweet and there will be no need to worry about having to choose. Most mamas have no trouble getting pg once their cycle has returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post
attached2mason, I think there is a book called Michelle the Nursing Toddler that deals with weaning. But I agree with pp, if you are O'ing, then weaning isn't going to do anything.
Thank you for the book recommendation, I'll check it out. I must say, though I have to disagree with your second statement . . .you may very well be right, but to state it as fact just isn't accurate imo. I have been hunting for and reading as much research on fertility and bf'ing as I can find - and have come accross many bfing women ttc through my role as a LLL leader - and have come to the conclusion that there is too little research/evidence on extended nursing and fertility to draw any conclusions like that one. What i do know, though, is that BF'ing affects hormones and hormones affect fertility. For most women getting pg while bf'ing is no problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. If DS was younger i wouldnt' even be considering it . . . when he was the age of your little one it would have seemed crazy to even consider it, actually. Believe me, I do not take weaning lightly. Not even sure I will do it. Sorry . .. I guess I am feeling quite sensitive today but it was just hard to give so much thought to something and then have it dismissed point blank in the way that it was.

Amy
#29 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 PM

Hi! I kind of forgot that I was on this thread, but just wanted to let you know to move me to BFPs! I got mine on Sunday night, late.

Good luck to all!

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#30 of 217 Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 PM

Congrats cody'smama!!!!!!
Also, I, too, have heard that some women need to totally wean to get pg.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page