Implantation Spotting VS Period - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had some spotting (8dpo)that was brownish/pink and I had a bit with red streaks. I also had some cramping so I assumed it was my period.
The spotting has slowed down to nothing but I'm still a bit crampy.

My cycles tend to be a bit off kilter so I wouldn't be surprised if I was starting my period. What is the difference between spotting and your period? Would implantation bleeding be red?
#2 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 05:08 PM

My experience of an implantation bleed was that the blood was brown this is because it is old blood from the egg burrowing in. I didn't have cramping but then I did have many pre-period symptoms throughout my pregnancy especially at the beginning. I was about 7weeks when mine happened. How far along are you?
#3 of 4 Old 04-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplelah View Post
I had some spotting (8dpo)that was brownish/pink and I had a bit with red streaks. I also had some cramping so I assumed it was my period.
The spotting has slowed down to nothing but I'm still a bit crampy.

My cycles tend to be a bit off kilter so I wouldn't be surprised if I was starting my period. What is the difference between spotting and your period? Would implantation bleeding be red?
Ive had implantation bleeding with both my pregnancies. The first was brown/red, this one was bright red blood. 8dpo seems like the right time for it too! GL!
#4 of 4 Old 04-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Rie

As with most things when TTC it can vary quite a bit.

With DS #2 I was 1 day late for what I thought was my period (10 dpo). The whole morning just before "AF" arrived I thought my uterus was going to explode, there was so much pressure. Once it started the pressure was relieved. The bleeding was pretty heavy to start, but by evening there was hardly anything. The next 2 days following I bled the most in the mornings but again by evening nothing then spotted for 2 more days. I went and saw my dr, he thought the light period was due to poor ovulation. I took a pregnancy test there and it was neg as well as the ones I took at home.

I didn't know I was pregnant until I was waiting to O again and discovered I was already pregnant. I believe I was 28 days DPO by the time I found out. I never get the any pregnancy symptoms until after the 7th week. It was pretty crazy.

Best wishes. I hope this is it for you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page