af 4 days late but getting BFN's - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we've been ttc since Sept. Last month I took a break from charting as I was getting stressed about it all. I have no idea what day I ovulated, but I did have a day 21 progestrone test which indicated that I did in fact ovulate (I was having my hormone levels checked for something else).

My cycle is normally like clockwork. Always 27 days almost to the hour.

Here I am 4 days late and getting BFN's.

I'm so confused.

Something's going on. My skin is breaking out, which is abnormal for me as well.

I just want to KNOW!!!

Is it normal to get BFN's after missing a period?? How long should I want to get a blood test??
#2 of 9 Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 PM

Well, the question is, when did you ovulate?

You may have ovulated later than usual...stress, illness can throw ovulation off.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#3 of 9 Old 04-10-2008, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
Well, the question is, when did you ovulate?

You may have ovulated later than usual...stress, illness can throw ovulation off.

Like I said, I was taking a break from charting, so I don't know when I ovulated.
#4 of 9 Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM

Were you taking Hormone pills?? I have been TTC and on Prometrium ANd I just had this same experence. I was 6 days late, MY periods were like clock work. I could even tell you what time of day it would be starting. I got BFN, Finally two days ago I had some very light spotting, then yesterday finally a period. Good luck to you.
#5 of 9 Old 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

No hormone pills, nothing out of the ordinary.
#6 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 AM

I am of no help. But I can say I know how you are feeling. I am currently 5/6 days late and nada. Yes, here extra stress, but normally for me that brings on the bleeding.

I am so conflustered, so much so, I just invented a word that is both confused and flustered.

I hope you have answers soon.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#7 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm seven weeks pregnant and had the same BFN experience. It took until 12 days after AF was due before I had a BFP--and it was VERY VERY faint which made me doubt that I had seen anything at all.

Best of luck!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#8 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Rie

With both of my pregnancies AF was a good 2 weeks late before I got my BFPs.

MyDr said each baby is different...some release the hormones faster some slower.

Best wishes!
#9 of 9 Old 04-13-2008, 06:44 PM

I'm a week late. I've had one test come up faintly positive, but I think it was an error (still in the proper time window, and thick like it should've been, but "streaky.") All the rest, even up to today have been negative (even the same brand.)

So I'm thinking about calling my Dr, just to make myself stop being crazy, and also because I think I'm due for a check up anyway. I don't think I'll be able to get an appt until Thursday, so that'll be good.

It's nice to hear about women who haven't had BFP's at like 9DPO like so many others.

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page