Mothering Forum banner

Late BFP's?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Phoenix~Mama 
#1 ·
I'm looking for other women who have experienced late BFP's... I haver heard that some women it just takes a long time for the hormone to build for some reason to show on tests, and some don't find out til much later. My friend didn't test positive til she was almost 2 months pregnant!

My chart shows that I ovulated... but I took a test yesterday and it was a BFN... but I've been feeling really off!

I don't think it's subconcious thoughts making me sick, because I tested negative.. that should have squashed that. lol

But I've been ridculously tired and queasy the past several days... yesterday I actually had to throw-up.

Is it possible to have enough hormone to make symptoms like that, but not enough to show positive on a test??

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them, or know about it?

I read the longest luteal phase is typically 17 days... I'm at 18DPO with no AF and still BFN.
:

Help??

See less See more
#2 ·
I would say go to the Dr. I went there and told them I had no AF and BFNs and they said its pretty common. The nurse said some women never get enough hormone in it to trigger the BFP. Blood tests may be the only thing that does work for a period of time.
GOODLUCK!! Has your temp stayed up?

#3 ·
Hmmm, maybe wait a few days and then test again. I tested negative on monday even though I should have been about 20DPO. I got a BFP on friday! I did have a few symptoms prior to that, mostly nasea and frequent urination. Anyway, I really hope you get a BFP soon!

#4 ·
Sp basically the same thing happened to you, KSLaura! Wow! That is really interesting! Thank you so much for letting me know.

I just wish I could know in a "normal" amount of time like most people. lol

I will keep the faith. *nods*

I'd love to hear other accounts of this, if anyone else has anything to share. I love getting as much insight as possible.

#5 ·
I thought FF sais that if you have 18 days of high temps and no AF, it is most likely that you are prego. I hope that is true for you!!!

I didn't get a BFP with my DD until about that time, at least a week after AF was due. I wasn't charting, but I was pretty positive of when I O'd. I took tests leading up to days after no AF, and finally gave up. Then a week or so later, I saw my mom after work one day, and calapsed onto the couch. I said, "I'm not sick, but I'm...I'm.....Something." And she said, "pregnant." haha. I was probably more then 18dpo when I finally tested possitive. GL. I hope you find out soon.

#6 ·
Honestly, looking at your chart, it looks like a non-ovulatory cycle.
I'm sorry. I've had many many of those looonnnngggg cycles where I never actually O'd, and that's what the charts look like. Did you feel ovulation or have a positive OPK?

ETA - and I was one to have a late positive w/my dd. So I hope I'm wrong about not ovulating.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ctdoula View Post
Honestly, looking at your chart, it looks like a non-ovulatory cycle.
I'm sorry. I've had many many of those looonnnngggg cycles where I never actually O'd, and that's what the charts look like. Did you feel ovulation or have a positive OPK?

ETA - and I was one to have a late positive w/my dd. So I hope I'm wrong about not ovulating.
From looking at your chart too, I agree. I think it's annovulatory. I hope I'm wrong! I'm hoping you get your BFP soon!

#8 ·
I really thought I had O'ed because my temps were crazy and all over the place before... then they started going down, then went back up and stayed up... all "post O" temps are above the coverline. I don't override anything on FF, so that is what they gave me.

Also, for the first time in like forever, I had noticeable CM... like the day before and of the FF O, I was so wet, I told DP we had to BD. lol I just really felt that I had O'ed then, and then I waited patiently to read the temps, and they did stay up then FF gave crosshairs...

So even if you don't O, you can get crosshairs??

#10 ·
No, no period since December 3.

FF gave me crosshairs once before, but then took them away because my temps shifted so much... this time they have stayed.

All the other anovulatory charts on FF have no crosshairs... I'm confused?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.