Early May 2WW - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 342 Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=laurelg;11078109]
Who knows how long it will take me to get pregnant - in the meantime, I want to behave like a human being, not a walking incubator.
QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!! we would all drive ourselves crazy if we did not enjoy our lives before, after and during TTC. I would do the best you can do for your body but I honestly do not think the egg even feels any of those things, that it why it is important to have your vitamins etc and be healthy PRIOR to conception. I for one will continue drinking wine with dinner until I am pregnant... or at least until I FINALLY get my AF and start an actual cycle and can have a 2ww but I will not go crazy about it. If I want wine with dinner before I find out I am pregnant, I will.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#62 of 342 Old 04-25-2008, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
laurelg - Most excellent answer! Thank You.
Katie
#63 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 AM

Laurelg, I love your thinking....I hope you are right! Here I am, having not even ovulated yet, skipping the chocolate ice cream tonight because I'm worried the sugar will alter the pH of my CM

Aly, I'm glad you got a good number of eggs. That's so cool that they can figure out how many popped. Crossing my fingers for you for end of the week.

Katie, I'm with ya, always thinking about these kinds of things. I hope,50 years from now, women have a lot more answers and information.

AFM, CD13 and not much new to report. I've been ovulating CD14 or CD15 last several months....I think it will be CD15 or CD16 this month - temp super low and very neg O sticks. I thought the Maca might bring my O date forward, but maybe it will push it back. Or maybe it won't do anything.

Hope everyone has a great week!
#64 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 AM

Can I just say: HOLY CRAP, I was going nuts with MDC offline?!
#65 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 AM

Hi again everyone. Those 2 days off kindof shows those of us who frequent this site just how addicting it can be! lol.

Okay- so I have an implantation question again- kindof the same but different than my other one. I may post it as a whole new topic but here goes:

What is happening to the fertilized egg as it goes from meeting sperm to implanting in the womb? I know it is travelling through the tubes and then planting. But why does it take so long? Like, what is happening?

I am trying to positively visualize this implantation here. But why can it be between 5-12 days? What does it do?

Also, let's say the sperm has definately met and joined with the egg, and the uterine walls are healthy and ready and the mother is healthy. Does the egg-sperm then definately implant? If not, what else would happen to it?

Thanks
#66 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 09:38 AM

I found an answer to my own queston. (for once). The last couple of cycles before the chemical I had ewcm at 12dpo. The article said that when not pg you have another surge of estrogen causing what appears to be ewcm and temp drops. I should have known or been smarter and not waste my money on a test. Why didn't I put the two together??? Just wanted to share. How are all of you??

YAY Aly for all of the follies..
If no+++ I will be starting my clomid challenge soon.. Getting ready for ivf.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#67 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 AM

I'm 2 DPO today!

I've been having LPs that vary between 10 and 12 days, so I don't have that long to wait. I'm still committed to not testing before I'm actually late. I'm hoping for a homebirth this time, so being relaxed and intuitive about a possible pregnancy is a good way for me to get in the "natural and normal" mindset.

But I'm feeling very excited this cycle. Last cycle I didn't feel that optimistic, but I've got a good feeling this time! Why would it be different, I wonder?
#68 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Hi, I'd like to join. Nicole R, I think we're cycle buddies. I'm pretty sure I'm 2 DPO and I think I'll be testing on May 8th. Baby dust to all!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

#69 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM

Add me in.

FF says to test on May 6th but DH wants me to test on his birthday May 2nd. Decisions..decisions. I have three tests in the house that were just blessed at church yesterday for Easter (hid them in our basket...LOL). So the temptation will be there.
#70 of 342 Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM

Hi all, i am going ot hop on in here, i am running the late April TWW and will be blood testing on the 30th, but that is early for me and is only motivated by the fact that my DH is deploying in the next few days.

i should be waiting till at least 10dpo... So you can Put Me Down For Testing May 1st i think FF has me testing an mothers day! but i will not ever make it that long, that is crazy.

speaking of crazy, is me staring at what kinda, really, in my head at least, looks like a implantation dip yesterday on my chart.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#71 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 04:00 AM

FF gave me a free VIP trial for a few days - did anybody else get that? I'll tell you what - THAT'S the way to sell somebody on their paid service! It just expired and now I'm missing it... I think I may have to get a membership. I'm torn, though, because I'm hoping I won't need FF for TTC purposes long enough to make it worth it... But then I read the membership counts for their pregnancy tracker, too, so I may be persuaded.

Tomorrow is 10 DPO for me and it's taking every ounce of willpower I have not to POAS! DH is out of town all week for job training, though, so I at least have that holding me back... I really want him to be here when we get a BFP. If AF doesn't show up on the 4th, I'll consider myself late, but I may have to test earlier than I wanted (the 6th) because DH isn't sure if he'll be able to come home that night or not. We'll see.

I'm not feeling symptomatic at all, though I did try some clothes on earlier, and found myself quite frustrated because my boobs are HUGE, and thus nothing fits right. I can't tell if they are huge-er than normal or not, though. :
#72 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 AM

Laurelg: Huge Boobs IS a pregnancy symptom ( but you knew that already!)
But I know ehat you mean- it can be hard to tell as I think many of us get increased breast sizes anyway a bit during this part of the cycle.
#73 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
FF gave me a free VIP trial for a few days - did anybody else get that? I'll tell you what - THAT'S the way to sell somebody on their paid service! It just expired and now I'm missing it... I think I may have to get a membership. I'm torn, though, because I'm hoping I won't need FF for TTC purposes long enough to make it worth it... But then I read the membership counts for their pregnancy tracker, too, so I may be persuaded.
Yeah, FF gave me a two-month free VIP trial when I first started charting with them, and silly me, I assumed that two months would be all I would need to get pregnant. When that didn't work out, I considered buying just one more month, but instead I renewed for three months. Good thing, because it still didn't work out!

So I just renewed for three months again. (I wanted to buy just one month, but my husband convinced me that might not be cost-effective.) I wonder if anyone opts for the much-cheaper one-year option right off the bat, or if we're all assuming it just won't take that long.
#74 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
Hi, I'd like to join. Nicole R, I think we're cycle buddies. I'm pretty sure I'm 2 DPO and I think I'll be testing on May 8th. Baby dust to all!
Hey, cool! I assume you work in a library? Me, too, in public libraries. Originally a children's librarian (since 1994), now just one day a week as a adult collection development librarian (since my son was born).

I looked at your chart, and I thought ovulation happened the day after a positive OPK. If you O'ed on CD 16 instead of 15, that would make your temps and coverline match up better, since it would re-draw your coverline at 97.6 and then only the "hollow" temps would be above the line.

Either way, : for us! (And everyone else, too, of course.)
#75 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 12:07 PM

I'm testing May 6th. We were supposed to be taking a break for 3 months but we somehow managed to BD right on my O date and I didn't realize it until FF gave me crosshairs.
#76 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
Hey, cool! I assume you work in a library? Me, too, in public libraries. Originally a children's librarian (since 1994), now just one day a week as a adult collection development librarian (since my son was born).
Yes, I am currently a children's librarian, which I love but I would also love to go back to collection development (which I did for a year in New Mexico). How cool that you work one day a week! I'm looking for a job where I can work from home and I hear some companies (Baker and Talyor, for one) hire collection development librarians and they work from home.

About my chart, I think I probably did O on CD 16, but I'm not going to change it on FF, I'll just adjust the dates in my head.

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

#77 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to Here!!

I am so happy MDC is back up, I was really obsessed for a few days while it was down.

I've been in NC since Sunday, having my IVF consult. It went GREAT!! They said I was a PERFECT canidate for IVF and they are going to try to get me into the June cycle!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm still hoping this cycle worked though, and we wont have to bother with any of it!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#78 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 04:53 PM

Hi Aly, would you add me to testing on May 5th please? I'll only be 10 dpo, but it is dh's birthday and I think it would be the best present ever.

#79 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Okay girls...

what are your imaginary (or not so imaginary) symptoms?

Me...
fatigue
jelly belly feeling...you know when it feels like you have a water balloon in your tummy.

Yours?
#80 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryMo View Post
Hi Aly, would you add me to testing on May 5th please? I'll only be 10 dpo, but it is dh's birthday and I think it would be the best present ever.
You should get him the most unique gift ever...a cup of FMU!
That's what my DH is getting.
He wants to test then, I don't. So I will leave him a cup of pee, a test and a poem about it when I leave for work.
#81 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
You should get him the most unique gift ever...a cup of FMU!
That's what my DH is getting.
He wants to test then, I don't. So I will leave him a cup of pee, a test and a poem about it when I leave for work.

That is so funny!

Here are my imaginary symptoms:
I have been feeling like total crap since Saturday (O day). I know in my head that it's not possibly pregnancy symptoms, but I have been having a burning sensation high up in my stomach, serious nausea on and off all day and (TMI alert) way too frequent trips to the bathroom. I'm considering self-diagnosing an ulcer. Just kidding. I'm sure I'll develop more imaginary symptoms as the days pass.

#82 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM

I have no imaginary symptoms right now so I'm hopeful we missed this cycle despite the spot-on timing. I want another baby but I really wanted to wait.
#83 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Updated to Here!!

I am so happy MDC is back up, I was really obsessed for a few days while it was down.

I've been in NC since Sunday, having my IVF consult. It went GREAT!! They said I was a PERFECT canidate for IVF and they are going to try to get me into the June cycle!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm still hoping this cycle worked though, and we wont have to bother with any of it!!!
How long are you in town for??? I am so happy about the IVF thing for you!!! Fingers crossed you won't even NEED it!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#84 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
How long are you in town for??? I am so happy about the IVF thing for you!!! Fingers crossed you won't even NEED it!
I was only there for basically a day! I thought about calling you, but then got so busy hanging out with my SIL I forgot all about it!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#85 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 07:13 PM

I don't know if any of these are even really symptoms, but here's how I've been feeling:

Boobs still feel humongous. I was repositioning them in a shirt earlier and realized I think they feel heavy. However, I could be imagining or overreacting to this. They aren't sore, but I did realize my nipples have seemed unusually sensitive. I have them pierced, so I'm pretty in tune with my normal level of sensation because of the amount of time I've invested in taking care of them, lol, and it does seem like they're a little extra sensitive.

I feel bloated, I guess... But it's more fat than bloated! (Though I have been kinda gassy the last couple of days... good thing DH is out of town for work! ) I just feel wide... Though I don't think I've gained any weight, so... :

Oh yeah, I've also been craving Lays Sour Cream & Onion potato chips like crazy. Though I think that's kind of a default for me, so I'm not reading too much into it.
#86 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 PM

No symptoms here -- but at 3 DPO, what symptoms could there be? There couldn't be an implanted egg or pregnancy hormones yet.

Plus when I was pregnant with my son, I didn't feel that different for nearly the entire nine months! I'm exaggerating a little bit, although I did feel very normal while pregnant. However, I did get really hungry starting at about 10 DPO. So I guess I can watch for that as a symptom.
#87 of 342 Old 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM

Hmmm... mark me down for another one, maybe? I just turned my head to the right and was suddenly VERY aware of one of my submandibular lymph nodes. I started poking at it, and it's definitely sore on the right and not on the left. Not particularly swollen, but tender.

Of course, that sent me off to Google in a frenzy... "lymph node sore pregnant" and so forth... And lo and behold, swollen lymph nodes are apparently common in pregnancy?

I don't feel like I'm getting sick, so...
#88 of 342 Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 AM

Okay, I know I'm being a posting maniac, but it's the only thing keeping me sane! :

Repeat after me, friends: LAUREL, YOU WILL NOT POAS TOMORROW.

I am sitting here rationalizing to myself that hey, I'll be the pregnant one, so maybe I want to have the BFP to myself for a couple of days before DH is home for the weekend. Or maybe instead of testing on our 4-year anniversary, I can just tell him on our 4-year anniversary. And I didn't want to use the "good" tests willy-nilly, but hey, I have two in the house, so I could use one...

No, no, NO! Willpower. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!
#89 of 342 Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

laurelg : I am the EXACT same way right now, I always talk myself into testing earlier.

Like this morning for example...I am 9DPO (way to early to actually get a BFP, so I decided to test (I was mainly testing just to see a BFN so I would KNOW my trigger was gone and I could test again at 12dpo with out worrying about if its a BFP or still the trigger.) So my test (FRER) came back with a super super super faint second line (I AM SURE IT IS MY TRIGGER, I have had this happen way to many times over the last few months) However, that STILL wont stop me from OBSESSING about whether its real or not : "well maybe it IS just a super early BFP, or my trigger was a small one this month it should be GONE after 5 day, and this is day 10" HAHA, every cycle I do this!!

Why do we tourture ourselves, again I repeat, I am 100% sure it is the trigger, but I will still hang on to some hope that I get a REAL BFP tomorrow (because OF COURSE I am testing again tomorrow ).

#90 of 342 Old 04-30-2008, 09:35 AM

My imaginary symptoms are huge boobs, they hurt when I walk up stairs. But then again everything jiggles at that point!!! I am crabby. My right nipple was itchy all day yesterday. I am a bit backed up (again). Up last night and the night before to pee.. AF due tomorrow. I will be testing in the am. Keep you all posted.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page