Early May 2WW - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Cori: if your lp is usual 15 days, then I would doubt this is AF. Day 9 is right in the window for an implantation dip...so you could be good. My guess is that it will go way back up tomorrow. Look on FF under the chart gallery for charts with implantation dip. Some go way below the coverline. : for you!

Married to my best friend for 9 years. Loving being at home with my busy boy. Praying for a vbac.gif next time around!
#122 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merebella View Post
Hey Cori: if your lp is usual 15 days, then I would doubt this is AF. Day 9 is right in the window for an implantation dip...so you could be good. My guess is that it will go way back up tomorrow. Look on FF under the chart gallery for charts with implantation dip. Some go way below the coverline. : for you!
Thanks Merebella. I thought maybe it could be -- but it's never dropped that low during my luteal phase. So thank you! I hope this is it!
#123 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corikodjo View Post
CONGRATS LAURELG!!!!!!!!

AAM: Ok. Will you all please take a look at my chart. Is that a huge dip or what? Is it even ok to go that low? I usually have a 15 day luteal phase. This can't be signs of AF can it?
yes it's a huge dip. Hopefully it's for implantation.
I can't see AF coming that early.
Dontcha wish you could just go back to sleep and wake up and see what tomorrow's temp will bring? I know I do. I am DPO9 too and went into a tailspin of crying etc. over it.

I know I should listen to my advice to you:

Do not take 100% stock in temps. time will tell, be patient. It's not over til it's over ...etc. DH gave me a pep talk when he was going out the door. Thank goodness for that man.
#124 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:17 AM

I'm checking in after a couple months off. Maybe you ladies can help me with my OPK's tests? I wasn't really planning on starting again this cycle and don't have a chart, but I thought I felt myself ovulate yesterday so I peed on a stick, and I was definitely surging! Peed again this morning, and not so much.

So what does that mean, that I O'd yesterday, or that I will today?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1209651328

The top one is from 6pm last night, and the bottom one is from 8:45 this morning. The line is definitely darker from yesterdays test. Should I be getting DH to "come home for lunch" today?

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#125 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60 View Post
I'm checking in after a couple months off. Maybe you ladies can help me with my OPK's tests? I wasn't really planning on starting again this cycle and don't have a chart, but I thought I felt myself ovulate yesterday so I peed on a stick, and I was definitely surging! Peed again this morning, and not so much.

So what does that mean, that I O'd yesterday, or that I will today?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1209651328

The top one is from 6pm last night, and the bottom one is from 8:45 this morning. The line is definitely darker from yesterdays test.
The top one is a positive, my guess is that you will be oing today (since you dont know when your surge actually STARTED, you may have gotten a positive the day before yesterday had you tested, either way GET TO BDING!!!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#126 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayda's Mom View Post
yes it's a huge dip. Hopefully it's for implantation.
I can't see AF coming that early.
Dontcha wish you could just go back to sleep and wake up and see what tomorrow's temp will bring? I know I do. I am DPO9 too and went into a tailspin of crying etc. over it.

I know I should listen to my advice to you:

Do not take 100% stock in temps. time will tell, be patient. It's not over til it's over ...etc. DH gave me a pep talk when he was going out the door. Thank goodness for that man.
Thanks so much Kayda'sMom - I know it's all silly - taking one temp so seriously - but I just can't help it. patience is a virtue!
#127 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 AM

: corikodjo and North_Of_60 ... and everyone!

Many congratulations, laurelg! Just what we need to brighten our days!
#128 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
The top one is a positive, my guess is that you will be oing today (since you dont know when your surge actually STARTED, you may have gotten a positive the day before yesterday had you tested, either way GET TO BDING!!!!!
So when would be a good time to test? Count 13 (that's usually my LP) days from today, or yesterday? Oh heck, I'll count from yesterday. I usually starting POS'ing at 9dpo anyway, who the heck am I kidding.. 13 days. HA!

#129 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 12:13 PM

I just ordered 20 test strips. That's not the bad part, though. The bad part is that I upgraded to priority shipping so I wouldn't be forced to wait 7- 10 business days to test (which would actually be 12 or so DPO). :

#130 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello-
'I am having this beautiful cramping right now- it feels more expansive than contracting.

It is funny- I have told DH recently that when TTC all these signs that might usually be annoying are actually a joy. So now when I say- I am cramping and my breasts are sore- he says- good!
#131 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Hello-
'I am having this beautiful cramping right now- it feels more expansive than contracting.

It is funny- I have told DH recently that when TTC all these signs that might usually be annoying are actually a joy. So now when I say- I am cramping and my breasts are sore- he says- good!
I love that Katie!!!!
#132 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 01:32 PM

Congrats Laurel!!!
I am due to test today. I didn't have the normal 86 tests under the sink this month. No af yet. I will test later and post results..

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#133 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Ok all....Help. Just came back from the bathroom. And I had red blood. Not much but a bit. I'll see if it continues. What's weird is last month my cycle was 28 days but my LP was definitely 14 days. Sometimes it's even 15 days. It's definitely clear by temps that I O'd on CD19 - NO? Help. Is this implantation spotting? It's a bit more than spotting. It's not brown - it's red!

Help!

This can't be AF is it?
#134 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Cori-- I guess it could be implantation spotting, but I thought that was normally more brown and DEFINITELY not enough to fill a tampon. It's possible you had a really off cycle, you know?

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#135 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 03:00 PM

Looks like AF is starting. I still have little hope so I didn't update FF. But can I be removed from the testing list.

Lots of love to everybody staying in the 2ww
#136 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 03:05 PM

I took another FRER this morning and got another BFP - as dark as or maybe a little darker than last night's. Still in business... and now I can claim legitimacy in the May 2ww!
#137 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:01 PM

: Congrats laurelg!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

i took a blood test yesterday, i know it was way too early (9DPO), but my Beloved shipped out to iraq last night and we wanted to know soo back while we were face to face.
alas it was very negative. i keep reminding myself that i could still be preggo, and to think happy thoughts and test again in a few days.

my nipples are killing me, this is not a normal pms thing for me and is the very first thing i have noticed each time i have been preggo, it is always what led me to testing

Sat. i have a girls day out date with my great friend that is now 6 weeks preggo. i'm not sure if i want to test that morning (12DPO) so that i can be jumping up and down with her or not test and avoid any depression a inconclusive result would bring.

hmmm what would you do?

while i am figuring it out can you move me to May 5th, it is my moms birthday, i am driving to see her and i think it would be just a lovely place to find out, it is also AF due date, so a pretty same day to test if i make it that far. Unfortunately since i am going to travel and visit friends and family this weekend and till mid week, i will not have access to getting the blood test that was ordered for me and will count on dollar store tests

on a more personal note (wow what could be more personal than poas plans?) the last thing my Beloved did as he shipped out was reach down as we were hugging and crying and rub my belly just for a second and whisper thoughts of a baby. it was the first time he has ever done anything like that, that image and memory is stamped into my mind and will carry me thru quite a bit

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#138 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati View Post
Looks like AF is starting. I still have little hope so I didn't update FF. But can I be removed from the testing list.

Lots of love to everybody staying in the 2ww
Hugs, Kati. Hope next cycle is better for you. :
#139 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
I took another FRER this morning and got another BFP - as dark as or maybe a little darker than last night's. Still in business... and now I can claim legitimacy in the May 2ww!
Yay! Congratulations!!! A great way to sart the month!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#140 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Ok all....Help. Just came back from the bathroom. And I had red blood. Not much but a bit. I'll see if it continues. What's weird is last month my cycle was 28 days but my LP was definitely 14 days. Sometimes it's even 15 days. It's definitely clear by temps that I O'd on CD19 - NO? Help. Is this implantation spotting? It's a bit more than spotting. It's not brown - it's red!

Help!

This can't be AF is it?
I stared and stared at your chart, and no other days seem likely for ovulation. It would be bizarre if your LP was suddenly so much shorter. I'm sorry that I don't know anything about implantation spotting; I never had any myself. But what else could it be?! : for you!!
#141 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Hello-

LOL
My DH is the same. Last week I emailed him from work and told him I felt like cr*p and he replied "it's a sign honey!". I emailed back and said..."no..really..I feel like cr*p". Plus I was really fatigued and he was excited. Sounds bizarre to outsiders...LOL
#142 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Cori-- I guess it could be implantation spotting, but I thought that was normally more brown and DEFINITELY not enough to fill a tampon. It's possible you had a really off cycle, you know?
sorry had to go out and do errands. so....it's only brown spotting now. only red the first wipe. maybe it really is implantation spotting.
#143 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
I stared and stared at your chart, and no other days seem likely for ovulation. It would be bizarre if your LP was suddenly so much shorter. I'm sorry that I don't know anything about implantation spotting; I never had any myself. But what else could it be?! : for you!!
Thanks so much Nicole for staring at my chart. I think it's etched in my brain now. Anyway, it's just brown spotting now - guess I'll wait and see. I know - I've never had such weird cycles till I started TTC.
#144 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much Nicole for staring at my chart.
It's nice to stare at someone else's chart for a change! Mine isn't that exciting. It's exactly the same as it was when I entered this morning's temp at 7:30 a.m.
#145 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole R. View Post
It's nice to stare at someone else's chart for a change! Mine isn't that exciting. It's exactly the same as it was when I entered this morning's temp at 7:30 a.m.
Geeze Nicole, didn't you know if you squint really hard, spin around three times, click your heels twice and stand on your head, your chart will totally change to a YES or NO?
#146 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
on a more personal note (wow what could be more personal than poas plans?) the last thing my Beloved did as he shipped out was reach down as we were hugging and crying and rub my belly just for a second and whisper thoughts of a baby. it was the first time he has ever done anything like that, that image and memory is stamped into my mind and will carry me thru quite a bit
Sheesh, Adorkable - you're making me get teary-eyed at work! That is SO SWEET. I am crossing all my crossables for you... and I can even include my legs now, hehe! Your chart looks so good, especially with your last two temps leveling out so high... Maybe 8 DPO was an implantation dip, and that's why 9 DPO was too early? I sure hope so!

Thanks for all your well-wishes, as well. I'm definitely sending all my leftover baby dust your way!

IIRC, your DH is Army - will he be able to schedule his mid-deployment leave for January?
#147 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I've never had such weird cycles till I started TTC.
aint that the true, tell it sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurelg View Post
IIRC, your DH is Army - will he be able to schedule his mid-deployment leave for January?
my Beloved is in a very small unit that cares very much about the families and considers us a part of the unit thru and thru, this goes miles in making this deployment easier. And yes the have said that they will work everything they can to get the 2, hopefully 3, men that are expecting babies hope for the births or a time of their choosing. It is war so no promises can be made.

That being said, we are not sure if aiming for the birth is the best choice for us, it is a long way off. We have thought about him coming home while i could still travel and us going to a tropical resort as a prebabymoon, or him coming home when he is sure to see his offspring in person, rather than sitting around having me feel pressured to give birth before he leaves.
With it being my first pregnancy and just a 18 day R&R window and all the things that can get delayed on either side, catching a birth would have to be letting it up to chance and we knew that going in. I am going to have a home or birthcenter water birth and he knows himself and being a medical person feels a certain level of stress about that, so has not decided if he wants to be in the room anyway. He also respects my right to birth however i feel safe and knows i am in good hands with my mother (who birthed me on her bed) and my close friend that is a nurse and giving birth to her second child in water in dec. I respect his honesty and his right to do what is best for him, he should only be there of his choosing, just as i should birth in the manner of my choosing.

it is all theory now, i wait and see. but as you can tell we have talked a lot of about this aspect

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#148 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

•Adorkable• I'm sorry your husband left, hopefully you just tested too early, one of my BEST FRIENDS had been TTC for over a year and just found out that she got pg the NIGHT before her DH deployed. Maybe this will ring true with you as well.

My DH should be deploying in sometime this summer, however his unit only does 3-4 months at a time. During that time however, I will be doing IVF (if this month did not work) so HOPEFULLY, He will come back to a 2nd trimester pregnant wife. I can only imagine the gossip around post when my DH has been gone for 4 months and comes back to a 3 months pg wife HAHAHAH!!!!

Take care of yourself!!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#149 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Adorkable - I know what you mean about not wanting to schedule FOR the birth. A friend of mine is expecting in August - her husband is in Iraq right now, and he's planning to come home a couple weeks after she's due so he'll actually get to meet the baby. But - a last vacation for "just the two of you" is a great idea, too!

My husband is also very supportive of my desire to homebirth... He was skeptical at first, but has pretty much done a 180. He doesn't feel compelled to be at the birth, but said he will attend if I'd like him to. I initially couldn't imagine giving birth any other way, but have been giving a lot of thought lately to not having in the room until after the birth - probably after I deliver the placenta, actually. I'm just afraid he'd be an unintentional distraction and throw me off my game. (Don't get me wrong - I know he'd try his hardest to do everything he could for me... and that's the problem! The poor guy isn't a mind reader and I don't want to attack him if he does the wrong thing, lol.)
#150 of 342 Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by •Adorkable• View Post
aint that the true, tell it sister!

my Beloved is in a very small unit that cares very much about the families and considers us a part of the unit thru and thru, this goes miles in making this deployment easier. And yes the have said that they will work everything they can to get the 2, hopefully 3, men that are expecting babies hope for the births or a time of their choosing. It is war so no promises can be made.

That being said, we are not sure if aiming for the birth is the best choice for us, it is a long way off. We have thought about him coming home while i could still travel and us going to a tropical resort as a prebabymoon, or him coming home when he is sure to see his offspring in person, rather than sitting around having me feel pressured to give birth before he leaves.
With it being my first pregnancy and just a 18 day R&R window and all the things that can get delayed on either side, catching a birth would have to be letting it up to chance and we knew that going in. I am going to have a home or birthcenter water birth and he knows himself and being a medical person feels a certain level of stress about that, so has not decided if he wants to be in the room anyway. He also respects my right to birth however i feel safe and knows i am in good hands with my mother (who birthed me on her bed) and my close friend that is a nurse and giving birth to her second child in water in dec. I respect his honesty and his right to do what is best for him, he should only be there of his choosing, just as i should birth in the manner of my choosing.

it is all theory now, i wait and see. but as you can tell we have talked a lot of about this aspect

Adorkable. Its' so important and wonderful that your DH is supportive of your right to birth however you'd like. I'm a doula and I see so many women not choosing homebirth because of their partners.

My husband is very supportive. His sister is a midwife -- so he's known all about this stuff before he even met me. But after seeing The Business of Being Born - he was so pro homebirth it was amazing.

I can't wait to birth my baby at home!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page