13th: DustysSweety03

14th:

15th: Soc

MAY BFP's
Laurelg 5/1/08
Jr'smom 5/2/08
Esteg0 5/5/08
Nicole R. 5/9/08

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#2 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here we go ladies!!! I'll make it more colorful and stuff later today!!

*Aly* Proud ARMY Wife and SAHM to our IVF miracle London Michael 2/28/09 We are so in love! We beat infertility once, lets see if we can do it again. TTC #2!
#3 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 01:56 PM

Hi Aly,
I'm hoping I'll O 4/23-4/25ish, so I'll test May 3, most likely. I'll update when we do the IUI...
Thanks for starting the thread!!
#4 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Hi Aly, thanks for hosting the thread again! Please add me for this month...testing will probably occur on May 9th. Hello Biomama!
#5 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Hi Aly,

I will be testing on May 1st. The day af is due.. I will try to wait that long.. Thanks again for hosting!!!

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#6 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 05:36 PM

Aly- May 3 is a good day numbers wise-- 5/3/08 5 plus 3 equals 8. VERY balanced and I like it hahaha, I will be thinking of you both!!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#7 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
Aly- May 3 is a good day numbers wise-- 5/3/08 5 plus 3 equals 8. VERY balanced and I like it hahaha, I will be thinking of you both!!!
HAHAHA, I hope its a good date!! Oh, I just found out that me and my friend Leslie are driving up Bragg on April 27th for a dr's appt, so maybe we can get together then.

#8 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 PM

I'll be testing when AF is due, May 6th

to everyone!

Emily, happily married for 9 years, , Graeme 1/9/09, due 10/10, 8/07, and lovin' all over my 3 licky :
#9 of 342 Old 04-19-2008, 07:54 PM

cool! That is next sunday? I would love to do lunch or something or you can come over to my house for a glass of wine and dinner? (last glass for 9 months hopefully hahaha).

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#10 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 12:11 AM

I haven't O'ed yet, but if my cycle is consistent, I expect to O on the 21st or so.

If all goes well, I want to test on May 6th - it will be the four year anniversary of when DH and I started dating.
#11 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 04:10 AM

I'll be testing on the 9th!
#12 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I just got back from the dr and I have 8 mature follicles this cycle : My dr told us that if we were doing IUI he would have cancelled it, but since we are just bding he will let us go ahead and try.

The follicles are 1@20, 2@19, and 6@17

They actually called on Friday and after looking at my that mornings blood work and told me to come in on Today (sunday) bc he didnt think I could wait until monday. So they went ahead and triggered me. Its going to be a busy 4 days of bding

#13 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 02:09 PM

That's so cool Aly! I'm not too familiar with follicle size - do you think all 8 will "pop"? Like are the 17's as likely as the 20? Still, looks like very good odds. Can't wait till you test!
#14 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
Well, I just got back from the dr and I have 8 mature follicles this cycle : My dr told us that if we were doing IUI he would have cancelled it, but since we are just bding he will let us go ahead and try.

The follicles are 1@20, 2@19, and 6@17

They actually called on Friday and after looking at my that mornings blood work and told me to come in on Today (sunday) bc he didnt think I could wait until monday. So they went ahead and triggered me. Its going to be a busy 4 days of bding
I'm curious why he'd have canceled the IUI? I don't know so much about IUI with drugs... sorry for my ignorance.

I got another high reading on my CBEFM, so no IUI tomorrow... I have to wait until I get "peak" and then we schedule the IUI for the next day. I'm having problems with timing it so that DH abstains for the right amount of time, how do you do that if you don't know when you're going to O????????

Argh..

how's everyone's Earth Day going?
#15 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
That's so cool Aly! I'm not too familiar with follicle size - do you think all 8 will "pop"? Like are the 17's as likely as the 20? Still, looks like very good odds. Can't wait till you test!
See, I thought the 17's were too small bc when I was taking clomid, 17 was too small, but apparently it is different when you are on injectibles, he said 17 was perfect, He said HOPEFULLY all of them will pop, especially since he gave me a trigger, but usually all of them dont come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomama View Post
I'm curious why he'd have canceled the IUI? I don't know so much about IUI with drugs... sorry for my ignorance.

Argh..

how's everyone's Earth Day going?
He would have cancelled the IUI bc of how huge the risk of High order mulitiples are, my dr let me SQUEEK by last month with 6 follicles and did and IUI, so with 8 this month he was very glad to see us trying natural instead of an IUI.

#16 of 342 Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly22681 View Post
He would have cancelled the IUI bc of how huge the risk of High order mulitiples are, my dr let me SQUEEK by last month with 6 follicles and did and IUI, so with 8 this month he was very glad to see us trying natural instead of an IUI.
I figured you decided against the IUI because you seem to have no trouble getting pregnant - it's staying pregnant, right? Do you think the IUI is of any benefit in your case? I hope that doesn't come across as sarcastic or something....just wondering if I missed something.
#17 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
I figured you decided against the IUI because you seem to have no trouble getting pregnant - it's staying pregnant, right? Do you think the IUI is of any benefit in your case? I hope that doesn't come across as sarcastic or something....just wondering if I missed something.
No that didnt come across as sarcastic, dont worry I have thick skin

Well back in the day we had NO problem getting pregnant, but every since my m/c a year ago we have not been able to get pg since then, that is why we ORIGINALLY moved on to IUI. While I do have a little trouble staying pg (although my last m/c was a blighted ovum, and I had to have a D&C bc my body WOULDNT m/c it), that doesnt matter a whole lot if I can't GET pg again.

Its been a year of some SERIOUS TTC for us, including 5 cycles of clomid, one of femara, 3IUI's, and now injectibles, so for the time being its the GETTING pg thats the problem, we took an IUI break bc of wasting $$, since it looks like we are headed into IVF this summer.

#18 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 12:22 AM

I have a 100 degree fever today -- O is supposed to be around the 23rd. Will this make it so I won't ovulate?
#19 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 AM

Turns out I O'd earlier than I anticipated this month - I'm still going to try to hold out until the 6th to test though (if AF doesn't show up before then) just for the awww factor of finding out on our 4-year anniversary.

The chances of me actually waiting that long are about .000002%.
#20 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 PM

Aly, did your doc ever discuss possibilities about why it's not sticking? Is there additional testing available to find out why?

Crunchy, I had a horrible cold last February that lasted for about 3 weeks and it made my cycle 40 something days, where it's usually a regular 29-31 days. So I think a fever could definitely throw things off.

AFM, AF is finally on its way out...a little spotting today. This is my first cycle on Maca, so it will be interesting to see if that has any affect on O. The BD fest should begin Thursday
#21 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
HAHAHA sooooo, you all know how I am crazy, RIGHT!?!

Well I have been doing a little math after Lauren31 posted that earlier...

if I use her theory of "5/3/08 5 plus 3 equals 8. VERY balanced "

I also had 8 eggs this month and I will be due on mine and DH 8 year anniversary (8 years together, not wedding) This is also our 8th cycle of doing fertility meds.

Now, all I am asking is that I DON'T end up with OCTUPLETS :

#22 of 342 Old 04-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Hello all,

The 2ww gets longer every cycle.. Today 3 dpo and crampy.. I never noticed how fast after O my bb's get sore.. Funny how every month my symptoms differ. I would never have noticed them before ttc.. How is everyone??

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#23 of 342 Old 04-22-2008, 06:11 PM

Well, FF gave me crosshairs on CD 13 (though I think CD 14 might be correct) so I'll be expecting AF the weekend of May 3/4.

I'm demanding self-control this time around, and still plan to test on May 6. (Plus, I'm not going to buy any more stupid dollar store tests, because I know I'm too cheap to obsessively use the good ones!)

If I make it to May 6 without AF, I'll have a pretty good idea I'm PG anyway, because it will be either 17 or 18 high temps past O. *crosses fingers*
#24 of 342 Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 PM

Hi Ladies!
I am pretty new to this forum but wanted to chime in and let you know that I am going to be testing on May 6th!! Just had my first IUI after ttc for a year and I am optimistic that it worked! I am trying to think very positively and really trying hard to take it easy and not stress
The entire ttc process is extremely difficult but the waiting is so difficult...especially if you wait just to get a BFN!!
Anyway, best wishes to all of you and may everyone's dream of having a baby come true!!
#25 of 342 Old 04-22-2008, 08:23 PM

stayinghopeful, congrats on getting through the IUI! I'm glad it was easy (I just read the april IUI thread)

I got my first "peak" on my CBEFM today, so I have my IUIs scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. I'm so excited! and nervous. I really really hope it works. If I ovulate thursday (CD14), I'll probably start testing on 10dpo, so May 4... Hopefully I can make myself wait longer, but I doubt it...

how's everyone else doing?
#26 of 342 Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Hello ladies,

I saw my gyn today. He has decided that IVF is the right way to go. After 2 ectopics. I am starting the clomid challenge next cycle. That is if we have a bfn
on May 1st. I am still hopeful!!! We have a long road ahead of us. Please keep your fingers crossed for a natural BFP!!!! Thanks

#27 of 342 Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 AM

I'm going to join in on this thread! I haven't ovulated yet, but it's coming up soon, probably on Saturday (CD 17) if things stay consistent. So I'll : for those of you already in the 2WW if you'll return the favor in a few days.

Aly, no need to add me to the calendar. According to FF, my period would be due to start on May 7 (11 DPO) but I'm not planning on testing. My strategy for the last two cycles has been just to wait and see. By 10 DPO I can tell I'm not pregnant based on my falling temps, anyway -- but we'll see if I can resist testing if the temps don't start dropping!
#28 of 342 Old 04-23-2008, 07:27 AM

Hi Guys. I'm going to try and hold out till May 7th. AF is due then. Although last month I was obsessed with POAS.

This will be a long 2ww for me. But I think we had really good timing! I'm thinking POSITIVE!
#29 of 342 Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ovulation question here. Yesterday was so cool I felt my "ping" of ovulation. Also, I had read somewhere this cycle that Ovulation tends to happen around 4:00 in the afternoon- just one study- and sure enough after my O ping I checked the clock and it was 4:00!
We had dtd at 12:30 that day which was perfect ( I visited dh at work during lunch)
And I got a +opk yesterday. But I expected to see higher temps this mornign but they were the same. So we dtd again this morning.

So my two wonderings-
1st, once ovulation has happened and the sperm and egg have met, I know the other sprem form a protective layer around it. I often woner though if sex and ejaculation could harm conception at this point? knock it around or something?! I am pretty sure it is fine!

2nd- since I felt myself O yesterday (so cool when that happens! I also noted cool things that were happening- I was outside in nature at the time- so when our baby comes I can call it conscious conception!) but the egg lives for 24 hours, would it be yesterdays or todays sperm that it meets? I mean- are we considered ovulating for the whole 24 hours?
#30 of 342 Old 04-23-2008, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Don't you guys just want instant gratification? I do- I mean- I am Oing today or yesterday- so I believe my egg and dh's seed are mixing in my chambers at this moment. So I look in the mirror and I want to look pregnant already!!

Also- to Dh and to myself I have been referring to my cm as "nectar" I think that is much mre luscious than 'mucus'!

why does my name have 'pretty in pink' under it? I did not put it there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page