If you had them, what did your Implantaion Cramps feel like?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I would like to hear about implantation cramps.
Has anyone here who has been pregnant had cramping around implantation time?

I have heard cramping is fairly common in early pregnancy as the uterus changes to grow the baby.
Some say you feel the cramps when the embryo implants, some say it is when the womb stretches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone?
#3 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry! Can't help you! Hope someone else can!
#4 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Well, that's okay. I googled it and found tons of stories of women who had cramping around implantation time and were pregnant! So it feels like a good sign.
#5 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 09:05 PM

My first indication that I was pregnant (actually that something "just wasn't right") was really severe menstral cramps with no bleeding. I remember collapsing on the bed and having to just lay still for a few seconds, which is not normal for me at all. I get cramps, but they're more the dull to moderate, last all day type cramps. This was really strong and sudden. Took a test the next morning and came out positive. ^_^
#6 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbunny81 View Post
My first indication that I was pregnant (actually that something "just wasn't right") was really severe menstral cramps with no bleeding. I remember collapsing on the bed and having to just lay still for a few seconds, which is not normal for me at all. I get cramps, but they're more the dull to moderate, last all day type cramps. This was really strong and sudden. Took a test the next morning and came out positive. ^_^
I had the same. About one week before af was due. The cramps were severe but did not last long.

Shawna!! DH Kevin, DD Kaelen (12) DS Drew (10), Sam and Jocelyn 11 months and TTC!!
#7 of 22 Old 05-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I had the same thing. I was in bed on a weekend morning and I felt like my uterus had just been kicked. I had to lay still and I swore that my period was due but it never came. I never have menstrual cramps which is why I was wondering what was going on. I got my BFP this morning.

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#8 of 22 Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Kemi!
I had major cramping for 3 or more hours yesterday (8 DPO). Something is definately happening in my uterus.
Today it feels kindof warm with a little ache but no cramps.
But yesterday was quite awesome for me- there was nothing subtle about it- it was this full on expansive kind of feeling that lasted a long time!
So I am hopeful I guess but still it is early I am now 9DPO and my temps are staying the same as the last few days.
#9 of 22 Old 05-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Thanks Katie,

My advice is to wait. Wait, wait, and wait. Try to do other things to preoccupy your time and attention away from the days post ovulation, and the "am I or aren't I?". I didn't test until I was 22dpo because I knew something was up and that I was pregnant by then so taking the test was just a simple formality. I guess 22dpo was for every month we were trying to conceive or something, I don't know. I just worked out that way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Kemi wifedreads.gif to Jeffdh_malesling.GIF mommy to Rohan h20homebirth.gifROTFLMAO.gif 1/3/09 and Narenhomebirth.jpg(transfer to hospital) blahblah.gif  10/22/10. Pregnant with stork-girl.gif

****5****10****15****20****25****30****353rdtri.gif***40 (Hospital BC w/CNMs due to GD)

#10 of 22 Old 05-02-2008, 09:59 AM

The cramping without a period was the first inclination that something wasn't right. I was not expecting to be pregnant, wasn't charting, had no idea when my period was due, but looking back I kept thinking AF would show any minute. She never showed, and after a week or so of on and off again cramping, I finally took a test. It was VERY positive. From that moment on the symptoms only got stronger (not being able to sleep, vivid dreams, fatigue, cravings, weird sense of smell, nausea, etc).

The cramping was on the left side, predominantly, and it came in sharp shooting pains that lasted only a few seconds. Sometimes strong enough to make me stop what I was doing, then it was gone completely. It was so weird and atypical for me that in hind sight I'm surprised I waited a week to test. lol

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#11 of 22 Old 05-02-2008, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I am glad to hear some of you had implantation cramping on only one side.
I know I Oed on the right side cause I felt it this cycle.
ANd I am cramping again right now and it is on the right side not in the middle.
I got a little worried that something bad could be happening so I am hoping this is normal? To have a couple days of cramping 8-9 DPO that is more to one side rather than the middle?
It feels different than menstrual cramps which are usually in the middle for me.
I guess one time I googled it and got a bunch of ectopic threads so that freaked me out.

Is it normal and okay for cramps duriugn Implantation to tend towards one side?!
I Hope So!
#12 of 22 Old 05-03-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kJad29 View Post
I had the same thing. I was in bed on a weekend morning and I felt like my uterus had just been kicked. I had to lay still and I swore that my period was due but it never came. I never have menstrual cramps which is why I was wondering what was going on. I got my BFP this morning.
Ooh! Congratulations!!!

I had some pretty significant cramping around 10 dpo. It lasted a few hours. It was definately more intense than pre-AF cramps. Now I have cramps on and off again, but very mild. Basically I don't notice them unless I'm thinking about them. I'm pretty sure AF is suppose to come tomorrow (I usually have a 14 day luteal phase, but some cycles it's 15), so either tomorrow or Monday with no AF, then I'm testing...or is that too soon? Should I wait a week past?
#13 of 22 Old 05-03-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what happened to me. I had cramping, and I had such irregular AFs that I was just waiting for that, and when that never came I tested. I actually had these cramps for the first few months, not just for implantation. I was constantly worried about a m/c. But DS is happy, healthy and wonderful.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#14 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Decided to edit this part out. lol.
#15 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Okay but here is Part 2 of this question- 4 or so days later:

Did anyone who got pregnant feel major cramping as discussed above- around implantaion time ( for me it was starting 2DPO but major of 7 and 8 DPO) but then by 11 DPO feel NOTHING and still be pregnant?!!!

I was so happy with these lovely cramps but starting today I feel a little tiny kindof indescribable thing in the lower right womb area but the cramps are totally gone, the sore breasts mostly gone- ?!?!?!?!

If I were pregnant would the symptoms keep increasing, or is it possible that what I felt was implantation and now things are settled but there is a baby in there? I hope so.
I miss my symptoms.
I think anytning is possible. I would not read too much into the symptoms, or the lack of symptoms for that matter Just relax and go about your day and wait for eith BFP or AF GOOD LUCK!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#16 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 07:33 PM

My symptoms didn't really go away for weeks. You're on 11 dpo, right? Just go ahead and test. Stop killing yourself!!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#17 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 07:44 PM

I just had a tranfer and I'm waiting to see if we are expecting. Still not sure how it works with IVF. can someone help????

Nygirl69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Okay but here is Part 2 of this question- 4 or so days later:

Did anyone who got pregnant feel major cramping as discussed above- around implantaion time ( for me it was starting 2DPO but major of 7 and 8 DPO) but then by 11 DPO feel NOTHING and still be pregnant?!!!

I was so happy with these lovely cramps but starting today I feel a little tiny kindof indescribable thing in the lower right womb area but the cramps are totally gone, the sore breasts mostly gone- ?!?!?!?!

If I were pregnant would the symptoms keep increasing, or is it possible that what I felt was implantation and now things are settled but there is a baby in there? I hope so.
I miss my symptoms.
Oh- the only other thing is my cp is soft and high so I heard that may be good.
#18 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 08:01 PM

I felt implantation with all 5 of my pgs
For me the only way I can describe it is not actually cramping at all, more like a zinging, little shocking zap-like feeling low in my uterus, almost like little twinges of energy, if that makes sense . Each time I knew before my bfp. My newest cub (6 mos now!!) started out with a twin and that zinging was even more intense/strong and lasted longer, about a day and a half. I knew that pg was different from the beginning. Having battled primary and secondary infertility, I prayed for those little zaps!

Blessings Mama!!!
also~ I've always exper this around 6-8 dpo, then test pos around 11dpo, from there I usually don't begin cramping again for another week or 2, then I freak out . This early symptoms can come and go as your hormones are fluctuating like mad~ I hope you find out very soon there is a wee sticky in there!!!! :

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#19 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 PM

By the way Katie that chart is a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

KEMI!!! CONGRATS!!!! :

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#20 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
No sharp pains for me, just a light period cramp feeling w/ a tiny speckle of pinkish DC!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#21 of 22 Old 05-04-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.
I hereby Vow to stop freaking out and relax about all these little things!
Put my attention on something else for a bit.

What a great board this is, though. I really appreciate all our discussions.
#22 of 22 Old 05-05-2008, 04:40 PM

oh that reminded me~ the pg with my newest cub was the only time I had implantation spotting~ it was literally a pink dot

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page