Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
Ditto
At least it's cool that we're on the exact same cd.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Hey girls! I'm really liking the recipe I posted.

For 1 serving today I did 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup water, 3 tsp cocoa, 1/2 cup nonfat frozen yogurt, and 1 tbsp maca. Still has the gritty texture but MUCH easier to take. Its like an iced chocolate milk.

I'm trying to lose wt too so i think I'm going to go down to the 2% milk instead. I usually drink skim but read that some full fat dairy helps fertility. Being overweight affects fertility too...soooooo...i'll compromise.

Congrats Julie on your BFP. Yay!!!!:
Old 05-13-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
At least it's cool that we're on the exact same cd.
Let's hope for a nice healthy egg to make it's way to where it needs to be soon.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Old 05-14-2008, 02:51 PM

I am in total shock!!! I thought I had a TINY chance of BFP this cycle but was not getting my hopes up at all since it was my first pp o and our bding was not timed very well.

Anyway I wasnt going to POAS until 16 DPO, but I found a test this morning at 11 dpo and caved. So Im sitting there waiting to see and right away there are two DARK lines. I thought if I saw anything it would be sooo faint I would barely be able to tell.

I still dont really believe it . Im feeling NO symptoms at all. And I think my hormones are still a bit messed up since Im nursing so frequently. But Im just going to keep on taking my maca and hope that this one is sticky!

Mommy to DS1 5/07 and DS2 1/09 , wife to an awesome hubby. And someone new coming in March!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:02 PM

OMG RunnerMommy yay!!! Another May BFP!!! These thread are on fire!

:::
Old 05-14-2008, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Wow RunnerMommy! Congratulations! It seems that joining in the maca fun is really producing results. I am so glad for you (and a little frustrated for myself, but that's another story). I'll add you to the BFP list on the first page. What a fun job!!!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

Old 05-14-2008, 04:52 PM

CONGRATS RunnerMommy!! :

Wow another Maca BFP in the January DDC!!!

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 PM

Congratulations RunnerMommy!!!!!

Yay!!!!Hooooray!!!Yippppeeeeee!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:41 PM

WOOHOOOO RUNNERMOMMY!!!:

What is your due date?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:43 PM

Hey guys...I'm having this sharp pinch in my R breast. Both girls are VERY sore today, especially on the outsides. My areolas are bigger too. Anyone, especially the PG's, have this in the 2WW???? I've never had the tingle/pinch before. Its almost like an "ouch!" when it happens.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:11 PM

Jenn: I don't seem to have many symptoms at the moment - except a little more sleepy than usual. But the sore boobs can definately be an early symptom. Check out this website for tons of symptoms that pgs seem to notice early on.

Twoweekwait.com
Old 05-17-2008, 06:20 PM

So DH got a cold sore after being on the Maca for just a few days. We knew this was a possibility, but he's been on l-Arginine supplements for a while without any problems, so we decided to risk it. Thing is, he's also been under extra stress at work the past week or so, so who knows if that's what caused it or if it was the maca.
He's willing to try again, but I want to get him on l-Lysine first. Anyone have any experience with this? I know last time we were trying to conceive I had him on a fairly large dose of arginine, and he was taking lysine as well, and he wasn't having extra flare-ups, but i dont' remember the doses....

TIA
Old 05-17-2008, 10:36 PM

Will you please add me to the list? 2000-2500mg gelatinized per day split am/pm since May 10, 2008

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejeff View Post
Will you please add me to the list? 2000-2500mg gelatinized per day split am/pm since May 10, 2008
Hi ilovejeff. You're added. I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

Old 05-18-2008, 01:20 AM

Hi ladies, DH has been taking maca for awhile but I started on CD 1 this month. My temps have been really odd. Originally FF gave me a CD 15 O date, which was the same last month (first post-m/c cycle). Normally I O CD 12 or 13.

Well, FF took away my O and moved it back to CD 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never O'd that late in my life. Even the cycle OF the mc I O'd CD 23.

AF was due today if the original O date was right. Temp was still up this morming so I tested, BFN so I guess the later date is correct.

The only thing different this cycle is the maca. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

ETA: I just read through the whole thread and see that jazzcat, katiedid and kristen are all having delayed ovulation too. It seems to be pretty powerful stuff. I wonder whether it takes some people's bodies longer to adjust.
Are you 3 thinking of taking it again next cycle?

Thanks,

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Hi ladies, DH has been taking maca for awhile but I started on CD 1 this month. My temps have been really odd. Originally FF gave me a CD 15 O date, which was the same last month (first post-m/c cycle). Normally I O CD 12 or 13.

Well, FF took away my O and moved it back to CD 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never O'd that late in my life. Even the cycle OF the mc I O'd CD 23.

AF was due today if the original O date was right. Temp was still up this morming so I tested, BFN so I guess the later date is correct.

The only thing different this cycle is the maca. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

ETA: I just read through the whole thread and see that jazzcat, katiedid and kristen are all having delayed ovulation too. It seems to be pretty powerful stuff. I wonder whether it takes some people's bodies longer to adjust.

Thanks,
See, looking at your chart, to me it looks like you O'd on CD15. I know you had a few dips below the coverline after that, but for the most part, I see a clear dividing line before and after that. Which would mean you should either be getting your period today or tomorrow if your lp is around 14-15 days, or a BFP soon. But I admit I'm not familiar with FF. I'm not sure what the * in the CM line means, so that could make a diff I guess. But based on temps alone....

Good luck!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
Your right, I haven't O'd yet this month according to ff. CD26. (I think it may be wrong because of a whonky low temp) and just general crazy temps all month. But I am going to take the maca because I think it (at least I hope) it will lead me to a more normal cycle. This is the first month I have had a cycle longer than 21 days without progesterone supplement. But I also got my dd to stop nursing at night too this cycle. So not sure what the issue is. I think AF is around the corner as I have started to break out a little (a sure sign). I think I will start to temp. vag. as well to see if I get more accurate temps.

Looking forward to seeing where this all leads.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks,
My cycle normally has a delayed ovulation, so it's nothing new for me really. Plus, I'm nursing, so I think that affects it as well.

I've had tons of ewcm the past three days, I think I may o today or tomorrow. We've bd a lot, so if I do O, I should have a good chance!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM

Can you please add me to the list? I'm 24 years old, TTC #1, and taking Maca (as of the end of last week), pre-natals and b-complex vitamins. I'm also trying to eat better and exercise.

For the past few days, I have been choking back 1 tablespoon of Maca mixed in water in a shot glass (because I read someone did that on here and I didn't have any good smoothie/milkshake stuff on hand). I'd like to start taking 2 tablespoons in a blended shake tonight, and Jen, I'm basing my drink on the recipe you offered. Question: Is two tablespoons too much for a 20ish-ounce shake? I want it to taste pretty good, but I also want to pack in as much Maca as possible. I will probably have to experiment with this on my own, but first I wanted to request the collective wisdom on this.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Welcome, Dog Lady!

Old 05-19-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLady View Post
Can you please add me to the list? I'm 24 years old, TTC #1, and taking Maca (as of the end of last week), pre-natals and b-complex vitamins. I'm also trying to eat better and exercise.

For the past few days, I have been choking back 1 tablespoon of Maca mixed in water in a shot glass (because I read someone did that on here and I didn't have any good smoothie/milkshake stuff on hand). I'd like to start taking 2 tablespoons in a blended shake tonight, and Jen, I'm basing my drink on the recipe you offered. Question: Is two tablespoons too much for a 20ish-ounce shake? I want it to taste pretty good, but I also want to pack in as much Maca as possible. I will probably have to experiment with this on my own, but first I wanted to request the collective wisdom on this.
For me 2tbs at a time was too much. We do one tbs AM and PM. It's doable esp. with cinnamon added. We are going to try an orange, pinnapple juice next week. I tried it with apple and it just didn't blend right. yuck.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome DogLady! You're added. Best wishes to you...

Old 05-19-2008, 02:16 PM

Congrats RunnerMommy! Very exciting....hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

And welcome new DogLady!

VeganMama - Yes, maca did push back my O date, but I still do not know when I ovulated last cycle...CD17 or CD21...it was the funkiest cycle ever with temps all over the place.

I'm going to continue to take it because I noticed the increased libido, plus another great "side effect" - it significantly lightened up my AF. I usually have 2 days of very heavy AF, followed by a medium day, then light and spotting. CD2 is typically the heaviest day and yesterday was CD2, not heavy at all! In fact, I may now have an AF like many people describe with just one heavy day. I would be so psyched! I feel like this is my hormones "normalizing" to something better.

On the other hand, I decided to take Clomid this month. I wish I could give Maca another 6 months to do its thing, but I'm no spring chicken any and I just feel like I'm running out of time. So this cycle will be maca + clomid.

Anyone else do clomid + maca?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanks guys for all your responses about delayed O.

AF actually showed up today on 17 DPO or 6 DPO, depending on whether you go with FF's original O date of CD 15 (normal for me) ot the revised date of CD 26.

Normally AF is not painful for me. This month she is killing me. Before my miscarriage in February I had text book 14 day LPs.

Fortunately I had some hormone testing done this month on CD 21. So at least we should be able to tell by my progesterone level if I had O'd by then or not.

My guess is that I had a very early m/c.

I'm not sure whether I should continue taking the maca or not. Certainly it doesn't seem to be a positive experience this month. However, I know sometimes you need to give things at least 3 months.

So, not sure what to do at this point.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 PM

So I have been taking Maca 450mg cap. everyday for about 3-4 weeks now and AF showed up yesterday/today and with this cycle everything has been odd. I "o" pretty late and then started AF on CD 31, which is also late for me, and it started with the worst cramps I've ever had in my life - I actually thought I was going to throw up. I realize that I'm really not on that much Maca a day, but it just seems weird that this cycle has been so odd. Anyone else have weird experiences like this where it has changed your "o" date and lengthened your cycle when you first started it??? I'm not sure if I should be scared of what it is doing or not??? Can anyone relate or have any advice???

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 05-19-2008, 10:54 PM

You are describing my cycle almost exactly. See my post right before yours. It's kind of freaky actually. My cramps are usually very mild. Today they are worse than my m/cin February, they are kicking my ass.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
You are describing my cycle almost exactly. See my post right before yours. It's kind of freaky actually. My cramps are usually very mild. Today they are worse than my m/cin February, they are kicking my ass.
wow, that does sound like mine! Sorry, I should have read back a bit to kinda do some research before I posted I guess. It's kinda crazy that you mentioned about the m/c issue b/c I was talking to a girl at work today about it (weird cramps) and she said "do you think you maybe had a miscarriage?". I really didn't think I did, but who knows. I did take a pregnancy test on Sat b/c my cycle was going so long and it was a BFN so I'd doubt it, but i don't know. So sorry to hear about your m/c in Feb. Did you actually get a BFP when you had yours in feb. or this month?? You said you had some hormone testing done this month...i'm assuming you had it done while you were on the meca is that right?? did you mention that to your dr by any chance?? Sorry if these questions are redundant and are already answered in previous posts. I need to actually just find the time to sit down and read the whole meca thread sometime here. I started but then haven't kept up with the last several days. Good luck to you! You will have to keep us posted.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 05-20-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Wow. blueyezz4 and veganmama719 I hope you both start to feel better soon. I never had any problems with maca, in fact it seems like it helped me o earlier. I hope that things start to even out for you.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM

Thanks LibraryMo!

Blueyezz4, my m/c in February was at 7w1d and I had several positive Pg tests.. I wasn't taking Maca then. It was a blighted ovum PG. This is the most common reason for m/c and tends to increase as you get older. It is generally caused by a chromosonal issue with the fertilized egg.
I also tested BFN on Saturday as my temp was still up and it would have been 15 DPO. So I don't have any "proof" that I was PG again but I suspect that it's what it was. Otherwise my AF came at 6 DPO! Very scary thought.

I am seeing a naturopath and she ordered the testing a "full female panel". Because I am older (in terms of babymaking) and not getting PG as quickly as I did when I was younger we just wanted to rule some things out. Yes, I did take maca all month the month of the testing.

I think I am going to take it again this cycle and see what happens.

Good luck to you and everyone else on this thread, especially the 4 of us who are experienceing these strange cycles!

Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 PM

I'm pretty sure I O'd!! Temp was up this morning . I just hope it stays up. We bd for four days straight, and I had tons of ewcm, so I'm hopeful!!!!! I'm on CD 28.

User Tag List