May TTC w/ Maca - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 264 Old 06-02-2008, 05:47 PM
 
A Mothers Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skittles75 View Post
a mother love what doage of soy worked for you? I think 160 works for me but I O very late. do you think that is too much?

Kristin I wish i could help but I just started taking maca myself and am quite clueless...lol
Days 3 & 4 I took 80 mg soy
days 5, 6 & 7 I took 120 mg
I might add I did not take the maca same days I took soy. I started Maca on CD 11 or so. I don't know if that matters much... but that is how I did it.
A Mothers Love is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#182 of 264 Old 06-02-2008, 05:57 PM
 
massaginmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If I am not preggo this cycle then I may try the soy.
Here is my FF chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fe89 and my Ovusoft one is in my siggy They don't agree.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
massaginmommy is offline  
#183 of 264 Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 PM
 
sonuptosondown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
If I am not preggo this cycle then I may try the soy.
Here is my FF chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fe89 and my Ovusoft one is in my siggy They don't agree.
That's interesting. My thought is that the ovusoft one is correct and that you o'd on cd14...

ETA: eh, strike that--could have been o on cd12 with a fall back temp on cd14--o on cd12 or 13 seems to fit better with cm, right? Either way, bd looks like it was timed well--fingers crossed for you!!!!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

sonuptosondown is offline  
#184 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
 
SunCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gentle Bump bc I have a hard time finding this thread still.

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
SunCB is offline  
#185 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM
 
Lauren31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Suburbia
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
still on my Maca regimen... still no period... but I have hope.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Lauren31 is offline  
#186 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 AM
 
SunCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where does everyone get there Maca from?

Thanks, LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
SunCB is offline  
#187 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
 
A Mothers Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Where does everyone get there Maca from?

Thanks, LM
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/m.html
http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Natura.../dp/B000FFLHU2
http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=169

I got mine @ Mountain Rose & some from Navita Natural when MR was out of stock.. I much prefer the MR Maca myself.
A Mothers Love is offline  
#188 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
 
BRmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In between the mountains
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA. So I've been taking the maca and now I'm
BFP!!! So I've just been really sick lately though with nausea and cramp pains, but it's all good. Even though I haven't been in this thread for a while I try to keep up with it. : for all you ladies and best wishes!!!

to all!!!!!!!
BRmama is offline  
#189 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
 
A Mothers Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe View Post
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA. So I've been taking the maca and now I'm
BFP!!! So I've just been really sick lately though with nausea and cramp pains, but it's all good. Even though I haven't been in this thread for a while I try to keep up with it. : for all you ladies and best wishes!!!

to all!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!
A Mothers Love is offline  
#190 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:56 PM
 
violet_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe View Post
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA. So I've been taking the maca and now I'm
BFP!!! So I've just been really sick lately though with nausea and cramp pains, but it's all good. Even though I haven't been in this thread for a while I try to keep up with it. : for all you ladies and best wishes!!!

to all!!!!!!!
Congratulations!! That's wonderful news!

violet_ is offline  
#191 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM
 
violet_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to be added to the list. I've been taking 2 T of maca daily since June 3. Thanks.

violet_ is offline  
#192 of 264 Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
 
LibraryMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dumfries, VA
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe View Post
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA. So I've been taking the maca and now I'm
BFP!!! So I've just been really sick lately though with nausea and cramp pains, but it's all good. Even though I haven't been in this thread for a while I try to keep up with it. : for all you ladies and best wishes!!!

to all!!!!!!!
You're officially a graduate! Let me know if you want me to change your BFP date, I guessed at 6/5.

This thread is looking very successful.

I'm loving life with my DH and DS (2/28/10) and expecting the surprise of my life in September! belly.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif

LibraryMo is offline  
#193 of 264 Old 06-07-2008, 10:21 AM
 
SunCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bump before I loose it again!!

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
SunCB is offline  
#194 of 264 Old 06-07-2008, 04:56 PM
 
jazcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi gals....just wanted to drop by and say hello. I'm still taking the maca, but I'm also took Clomid this month so I'm not able to isolate any maca-related symptoms. But I feel it's having a positive effect. I'm going to keep taking it.

How's everyone on this fine Saturday?
jazcat is offline  
#195 of 264 Old 06-07-2008, 11:05 PM
 
Kristin0105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 941
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatemommytobe View Post
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA. So I've been taking the maca and now I'm
BFP!!! So I've just been really sick lately though with nausea and cramp pains, but it's all good. Even though I haven't been in this thread for a while I try to keep up with it. : for all you ladies and best wishes!!!

to all!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

I am sitting here at day 46 of the longest, strangest cycle of my life. Just waiting for AF or to test next Saturday. If I don't get AF this week and I test neg. next Sat. I may stop the Maca for a while and see what happens. I hope something occurs this week cause I stocked up on Maca and would hate to have so much of it and not be using it. I started mixing in a tablespoon oforganic, raw cacao with my maca smoothie and that helps a lot. I am using Navitas Naturals brand Maca for the person who was interested in brands. I have bought it on amazon, Vitacost.com, and from a local co-op. all about the same price.

To the poster who likes Mountain Rose Herbs better can you tell us why you like that one better?

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Kristin0105 is offline  
#196 of 264 Old 06-08-2008, 12:05 AM
 
SunCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mothers Love View Post
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkherb/m.html
http://www.amazon.com/Navitas-Natura.../dp/B000FFLHU2
http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=169

I got mine @ Mountain Rose & some from Navita Natural when MR was out of stock.. I much prefer the MR Maca myself.
Somehow I missed this. Thank you!

Now, how do you use it in a powder? I saw capsules somewhere else. For me, I know I could easily include capsules into my morning routine (prenatals, Calcium, and Omega 3) but not sure what to do with powder. I saw a mention of smoothie. Recipe?

Thanks,
Lisa Marie

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
SunCB is offline  
#197 of 264 Old 06-08-2008, 12:38 PM
 
Kristin0105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 941
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Somehow I missed this. Thank you!

Now, how do you use it in a powder? I saw capsules somewhere else. For me, I know I could easily include capsules into my morning routine (prenatals, Calcium, and Omega 3) but not sure what to do with powder. I saw a mention of smoothie. Recipe?

Thanks,
Lisa Marie
My recipe includes 1 cp soy milk, frozen strawberries, frozen cherries, 1 tbs flax oil, 1 tbs organic maca, 1 tbs organic raw cacao powder. Blended in the blender.This is the best one I've done so far. I also have tried variations that included bananna and cinnamon that worked okay. I'd like a lower cal. recipe as I am drinking this 2x's a day and need to lose weight but this is by far the best tasting. hth

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Kristin0105 is offline  
#198 of 264 Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
 
violet_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm really struggling just trying to get this stuff down. ugh. Today is day 6 for me.
I was trying to get 2 T in my morning smoothie just to have it over and doen with, but that seems to be too strong. So I tried 1 T this morning, but couldn't even get that down. Maybe it was because I switched to almond milk instead of soy? I usually hate nuts and anything that tastes nutty, but somehow I'm usually ok with almond products. Maybe it's too much together. Or else I'm developing an aversion instead of a tolerance.

Oh, and DH and DSD both loved tasting my smoothie today, while I was struggling not to throw it back up!

I tried 1/2 c chocolate almond milk, 3 frozen strawberries, a bunch of frozen blueberries, maca, liquid prenatal, protein powder, and 1/2 c water. I'll try it with rice milk tomorrow, but if I can't get it down I'm not sure what to try next.

violet_ is offline  
#199 of 264 Old 06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
 
SunCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
My recipe includes 1 cp soy milk, frozen strawberries, frozen cherries, 1 tbs flax oil, 1 tbs organic maca, 1 tbs organic raw cacao powder. Blended in the blender.This is the best one I've done so far. I also have tried variations that included bananna and cinnamon that worked okay. I'd like a lower cal. recipe as I am drinking this 2x's a day and need to lose weight but this is by far the best tasting. hth
Thanks for the recipe. Not a fan of cherries or bananas though so I would have to try something else. I can give you a site for foods for losing weight for that similar to NutriSystem. A woman was on NS and wanted to start making her own food so she created a blog for it. PM me if you are interested as I would have to find it. BTW, I am/was (switching over to other foods now) on NS and lost 24 lbs or so in 2 months.

Not sure where I would get flax oil around here. Small town area and pretty much shop at Wal-Mart. The other store we have is Kroger but they are more expensive so if I can save a few $s then off to Wal-Mart it is. The biggest city closest to us is at least an hr away and with gas I will stick to where I am at unless I plan a trip for something else (ie the zoo).

What is cacao powder? Never heard of it.

Thanks,
Lisa Marie

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
SunCB is offline  
#200 of 264 Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
 
Kristin0105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 941
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by violet_ View Post
I'm really struggling just trying to get this stuff down. ugh. Today is day 6 for me.
I was trying to get 2 T in my morning smoothie just to have it over and doen with, but that seems to be too strong. So I tried 1 T this morning, but couldn't even get that down. Maybe it was because I switched to almond milk instead of soy? I usually hate nuts and anything that tastes nutty, but somehow I'm usually ok with almond products. Maybe it's too much together. Or else I'm developing an aversion instead of a tolerance.

Oh, and DH and DSD both loved tasting my smoothie today, while I was struggling not to throw it back up!

I tried 1/2 c chocolate almond milk, 3 frozen strawberries, a bunch of frozen blueberries, maca, liquid prenatal, protein powder, and 1/2 c water. I'll try it with rice milk tomorrow, but if I can't get it down I'm not sure what to try next.
If I were you I might add more strawberries and ditch the blueberries, liquid prenatal, and protein powder. I tried it with blueberries and a wholefoods powder and it was HORRIBLE. Just a thought. Yes 2 tbs is too much at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Thanks for the recipe. Not a fan of cherries or bananas though so I would have to try something else. I can give you a site for foods for losing weight for that similar to NutriSystem. A woman was on NS and wanted to start making her own food so she created a blog for it. PM me if you are interested as I would have to find it. BTW, I am/was (switching over to other foods now) on NS and lost 24 lbs or so in 2 months.

Not sure where I would get flax oil around here. Small town area and pretty much shop at Wal-Mart. The other store we have is Kroger but they are more expensive so if I can save a few $s then off to Wal-Mart it is. The biggest city closest to us is at least an hr away and with gas I will stick to where I am at unless I plan a trip for something else (ie the zoo).

What is cacao powder? Never heard of it.

Thanks,
Lisa Marie

Hey Lisa Marie:

Congratulations on your weight loss. I have struggled since I gained 92 pounds while pregnant with dd. I really just need to get my act together. If I exercise every day and manage my portions I do fine. But if I don't well, I am in trouble. I hurt my knee skiing in Feb. and have not gotten back to my exercise program but I am starting to get my act together.

You might do fine with just the strawberries and a chocolate flavoring. That is what the cacao is it's organic, raw chocolate powder. Available from Navita Naturals on Amazon.

I buy my flax oil at vitacost.com it is cheaper than our Whole Foods store. I don't shop at Walmart so I don't know but they might have flax oil at a super walmart or super Target if you have either of them.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
Kristin0105 is offline  
#201 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 AM
 
violet_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin0105 View Post
If I were you I might add more strawberries and ditch the blueberries, liquid prenatal, and protein powder. I tried it with blueberries and a wholefoods powder and it was HORRIBLE. Just a thought. Yes 2 tbs is too much at one time.

Ok, will try that. Thanks!

violet_ is offline  
#202 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 AM
 
BRmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In between the mountains
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Thank you ladies for the support! LibraryMo you guessed it right!

BRmama is offline  
#203 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
 
BRmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In between the mountains
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Thank you ladies for the support! LibraryMo you guessed it right!

to all!!!!
BRmama is offline  
#204 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
 
BRmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In between the mountains
Posts: 882
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry my computer is being weird...hehe
BRmama is offline  
#205 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 PM
 
massaginmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have upped my maca to 3 capsules (1575mg) twice daily so a total of 3150mg daily. I am considering buying the powder and trying it.
I also want to try the soy isoflavs but don't know where to get the low dosage ones. I have only found ones with really high mgs.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
massaginmommy is offline  
#206 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 PM
 
A Mothers Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCB View Post
Somehow I missed this. Thank you!

Now, how do you use it in a powder? I saw capsules somewhere else. For me, I know I could easily include capsules into my morning routine (prenatals, Calcium, and Omega 3) but not sure what to do with powder. I saw a mention of smoothie. Recipe?

Thanks,
Lisa Marie
I put the powder in a smoothie.
1-2 TBs Maca
1/2 banana
1 tsp ovaltine or any chocolate
milk
1 TBS peanut butter (I added this to DH's smoothie. Peanut butter realy hides the Maca!!!)

@ Mountain Rose you can also buy capsules & the capsule filler If you prefer capsules. I just got to the point where I looked forward to the Maca smoothie. I liked it & how I felt when I drank it.
A Mothers Love is offline  
#207 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 05:16 PM
 
massaginmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wonder how many capsules = a TBS? I have capsules and a filler.
Or better yet how many mgs in a TBS?

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
massaginmommy is offline  
#208 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 05:26 PM
 
A Mothers Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,801
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
I wonder how many capsules = a TBS? I have capsules and a filler.
Or better yet how many mgs in a TBS?
Measure out 1 TBS or 2 (however much you want to take)
Then see how many capsules you fill. That will be how many you take a day. It will likely be several so you may want to take a few with each meal.
A Mothers Love is offline  
#209 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM
 
massaginmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 3,058
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Right I am taking 6 tablets total per day now. I am sure that is no where near 2 TBS but it is 3150mgs I think maybe I need to find out how many mgs are in a TBS of maca.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
massaginmommy is offline  
#210 of 264 Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
 
Lauren31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Suburbia
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we only needed around 3000 mg of Maca daily.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Lauren31 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off