Vegans TTC SPRING Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 399 Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome becksteracious and sukilove!

No AF today at "15 DPO" so I guess I am really only 4 DPO after all. The only thing I did differently this cycle is use Maca.

SO frustrated, no chance of being PG as we had pretty much stopped BD-ing after getting crosshairs as DH's hernia incision was still bothering him. We DTD 3 days before O but I'm definitely not hopeful. Also means I still ahve to worry about a short LP this cyle, I though at least that was straightening out.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#62 of 399 Old 05-18-2008, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

welcome sukilove! suki is a pretty name. as far as calcium goes, I add sesame seeds to my salads and sometimes take a supplement. I do drink fortified milks though, so maybe if you already do that it won't be necessary to further supplement.

I will add maca, too, but because we're leaving for our trip on tuesday, I'm pretty sure stress will mess up my o date anyways so I don't want to "waste" that expensive stuff. plus maybe it's cheaper in canada...

veganmama, crazy developments!

hh2.gif

#63 of 399 Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
snowbell and all our amandas, any updates? andee?
I'm still here! I'm just lurking, mostly, as I have nothing really exciting to add. DP and I aren't ttc yet, but I have the feeling we might just skip right over it at this point. I'm charting and we use the "pull-out-and-pray" method, but I don't trust it all too much. I'm increasing raw food sources and hopefully I can be healthy just in case

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#64 of 399 Old 05-18-2008, 12:00 PM

Welcome becksteracious & sukilove! Good luck with the move becks! And, good luck with the ttc suki! On suppliments, its common for prenatals to not have a lot of calcium, it would have to be a huge pill to get it in there, plus I read something recently about not taking iron and calcium in the same suppliment...I think it was on the main mothering page under ask the experts, a question about New Chapter Perfect Prenatal. I actually take that prenatal, plus a separate folic acid suppliment. I take calcium some days, but not the full dose. I also take flax seed oil, but not consistantly. I think most of the women here take a DHA. I will probably add that soon, instead of the flax, or alternating with flax. I am not an expert though, some of the other veggies have probably done a lot more research than I have. HTH.

veganmama . I really thought FF was right with your first O date and was just messing with you when they moved it(FF seems to love messing with people). BDing 3 days before O is not too bad though. Keepting my :.

Hey Andee, welcome back from lurkdom!

Hey oceane and catemom! I'm off to check veganf's blog for this week.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#65 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

and I'm off to the airport tomorrow evening and on a plane on wednesday so I'll be gone for 2 weeks. I won't take my thermometer or any vitamins or herbs either.
I'm hoping to see lots of positive test results and infos from the lurkers when I get back.

hh2.gif

#66 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 11:54 AM

day 3 of my cycle and i'm going to start charting my temp as soon as my thermometer arrives. i think i'll definitely be trying to get all my calcium from food sources then. oceane sesame seeds- i didn't know about their calcium content. thanks! i eat them a lot in my wakame salads. don't stress too much on your trip! when will you start maca? this is a pretty inexpensive one. i'll probably order this after i'm finished with my maca from navitas. http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=169

Snow~Pea, i'm also taking new chapter perfect prenatal- doesn't it already have 200% folic acid? just wondering now- should i add more folic acid? now i'm going to pull up a huge list of foods with folic acid. i worry- because i'm also a green tea drinker and i heard that can effect folic acid.
is anyone taking nutru's o-mega-zen3 for dha?

happy, ttc!
#67 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 01:49 PM

sneaking online at work to say goodbye to oceane. Have a good trip! I'll miss you while your gone!

#68 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just popping in to say that af arrived today. Taht's a good thing in many ways. I've got lots of sorting out to do... far too many downs with H and not enough ups to make me feel comfortable just yet. I'll still lurk to see how everyone is doing, but I don't think I'm going to ttc. I may end up breaking down in another weak moment, though. I'm prone to it since I really, really want another baby. My head needs to take control right now, though, I think. big huge sigh.
#69 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM

lilgreen. I hope you find peace, we will be here for you if you need.

#70 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 08:21 PM

Hello Everyone!

Hello to lurkers and new posters!

Have a great trip, Oceane.

I wish I hadn't complained about the Ireland-like weather last week because now it is supposed to be 90 degrees F for the next few days!

Have a great day, everyone!
#71 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukilove View Post
Snow~Pea, i'm also taking new chapter perfect prenatal- doesn't it already have 200% folic acid? just wondering now- should i add more folic acid? now i'm going to pull up a huge list of foods with folic acid. i worry- because i'm also a green tea drinker and i heard that can effect folic acid.
is anyone taking nutru's o-mega-zen3 for dha?

happy, ttc!
Yah, it is probably overkill to take the folic acid on the side. It is only 400mg...I have come across so many diff recommendations for it that I just want to be sure. I also don't always remember to take all 3 of the prenatal, btw do you take all 3 at the same time or at diff times thru out the day? I usually take them thru out the day. This is the ask the expert question from mothering that I mentioned. In the end though, it sounds like you are very concious of your diet and the nutritional value of the things you eat, so you are probably way ahead of the game.

ETA: hey catemom

Veganmama, I have been checking out your chart today(yes I'm a stalker). I think O on CD23 makes more sense than CD26. Just my 2 cents. Hope you had a good Monday.

#72 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Have a great trip oceane!

AF arrived today with a vengeance. Very bad cramping (and, in fact I've been cramping for about 9 days). Only thing different this month was that I took maca. Which I have NEVER heard anything bad about.

So AF arrived at 17 DPO or 6 DPO depedning on whether you think I O'd on CD 15 or CD 26.

I do have saliva test results arriving this week that were done on CD 21 so that should at least tell me whether I had O'd or not by then.

Soooooo confusing.

#73 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 PM

veganmama. I missed your post while I was adding to my prev one. Sorry that AF found you.

#74 of 399 Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 PM

Thanks SnowPea. I'm not actually all that upset by AF arriving per se since January is pretty much the worst month for me to have a baby.
It's the whole very screwy cycle thing that is scaring me.

#75 of 399 Old 05-20-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Yah, it is probably overkill to take the folic acid on the side. It is only 400mg...I have come across so many diff recommendations for it that I just want to be sure. I also don't always remember to take all 3 of the prenatal, btw do you take all 3 at the same time or at diff times thru out the day? I usually take them thru out the day. This is the ask the expert question from mothering that I mentioned. In the end though, it sounds like you are very concious of your diet and the nutritional value of the things you eat, so you are probably way ahead of the game.
thanks for the link snow~pea. i usually take the prenatals 3 different times- one for each meal or sometimes i'll take one during a snack. in the morning along with navitas maca i'll take out my vitamins and put them on the counter into three dosages. { i am taking a b complex (also by new chapter), prenatal, omegas (from nutru), and some days magnesium.} that usually makes things easier- but on a hectic day and there are those!... i'll forget altogether and in the evening end up taking them all at once. i think it's probably best though- to take them separately throughout the day.

i hope you're feeling better veganmama. how long have you been on maca? just this cycle?
#76 of 399 Old 05-20-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukilove View Post
i hope you're feeling better veganmama. how long have you been on maca? just this cycle?
Yep, just the one cycle. I guess I will try it again this month.

My naturopath actually suggests 5 mg of folic acid for TTC-ers. I take about 3.5.

#77 of 399 Old 05-20-2008, 09:53 PM

So, I am really positive this cycle(like in my head I am already talking to the baby). I know I am totally setting myself up for heart break, but I felt extra fertile at O time, and its Spring and everything is blooming and all. I'm not going to list my "symptoms" here, but in my imagination they are very promising .

#78 of 399 Old 05-20-2008, 10:00 PM

Hey, I just realized I ovulated on Mothers Day, thats got to be a good sign right? Doesn't the Mothers Day Fairy put baby dust under your pillow on mothers day? What, you've never heard that? Crazy!

#79 of 399 Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM

SnowPea, I can see why you are so excited, your chart rocks! I saw the BFN today but 10 DPO is way early!
And it's great to be positive regardless, I think that is way better than being glum, like me lately. You are my inspiration and I am going to be more positive from now on!

lilgreen, hugs to you and your babylust. It is very hard I know.

#80 of 399 Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM

Yah, that bfn this morning was as blow, its totally my fault for giving in and testing so early. Now I feel guilty for being wasteful. Maybe that is why I feel like I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I keep having to remind myself to be positive. We can trade today, you get to be positive, and I'll be glum.

#81 of 399 Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Yah, that bfn this morning was as blow, its totally my fault for giving in and testing so early. Now I feel guilty for being wasteful. Maybe that is why I feel like I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I keep having to remind myself to be positive. We can trade today, you get to be positive, and I'll be glum.
Deal, but I think you are gonna be "positive" in a few days,

#82 of 399 Old 05-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
i saw your bfn too and i'm all-- what?? your chart looks all set for a bfp. i see why you tested early. i wouldn't have been able to help myself either.

yeah, veganmama! keep up with the maca!

agh! i'm so excited about ttc that i'm going to start early. hehe way before O.
#83 of 399 Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 PM

Thanks, you are great cheerleaders!

#84 of 399 Old 05-22-2008, 12:10 AM

hello fabulous vegan ladies!

Snow~Pea, what a great chart! I am on cd8 so I'm not too far behind you! I like your positivity...that's what I'm working on this week.

sukilove, have fun starting early!!

Have any of you ever thought of taking the extra supplements that Randine Lewis suggests - Proflavanol-90 and CoQuinone-30 from USANA ?

Here's a link to her diet page: http://www.thefertilesoul.com/Treatm...ents/Usana.php

I'm interested to hear your opinions.
#85 of 399 Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM

snowbell, I am a big fan of Randine Lewis but I think I am taking enough supplements already recommedned by her in The Infertility Cure.

Go SnowPea!

#86 of 399 Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM

I don't know, I don't like the look of that temp drop today...my chart is not nearly as pretty as it was. Man, this 2ww is a roller coaster!

#87 of 399 Old 05-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Hi Everyone!

Snowpea I'm sending some : your way!

I'll have to check out the Randine Lewis thing, very interesting.

I realized late in the game last evening that I had no tofu or tomatoes to make sauce for the pasta I was already boiling, so I put a few handfuls of almonds and 2 or 2.5 c. of water in the blender and used the resulting liquid to make a nice white sauce. Try it some time, it's not as smooth as packaged "milks" but quite tasty.

Ireland's weather has come for another visit to the desert today. I've decided to embrace it since any rain is better than no rain around here.

Have a great day everyone!
#88 of 399 Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM

I'm out, AF showed up this morning. I'm pretty bummed, I was so sure this time. DH is no help either, little does he know his reward will be a trip to the Dr. for a SA. So, I'm having a pity party tonight, you guys want to come over for margerita's?

#89 of 399 Old 05-23-2008, 10:14 AM

Quote:
So, I'm having a pity party tonight, you guys want to come over for margerita's?

i would love to come over for margerita's!
#90 of 399 Old 05-23-2008, 10:32 AM

snow~pea... that is a bummer. i kept checking back here to see your BFP! well, i'm all in for any pity party that's serving up margaritas. *clink*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page