Vegans TTC SPRING Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 399 Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukilove View Post
cheri seems to have just had a baby- maybe someone already mentioned it? but she's taking some time off. did anyone see her message on the payment page?

i went ahead and made a payment to jenny. we'll see what she says! :
That message wasn't there when I posted, oops. Oh well, I'm sure she'll get to me eventually.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#122 of 399 Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Andee you posted a few days ago that you were going to a fantastic raw food restarant...is that restarant in michigan? where?
Yes. It's in Lansing down on Michigan Avenue. The restaurant's name is Magdalena's Tea House. I don't know if you're familiar with it, but it's across from Green Door Lounge and Gone Wired Cafe.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#123 of 399 Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM

#124 of 399 Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 PM

Snow~Pea, i sent my payment in on tuesday. she normally takes three days to get back to you but i haven't heard from her yet. which i'm sure is due to her daughter's birth. i'm so glad i did it before her two week break. i think i'll do jenny also.
#125 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 AM

bumping us back to page 1! What's up ladies? I have to confess my latest bad habit: surfing baby name sites. I have even been running names past DH and I can't believe that he isn't making fun of me yet! Do other people do this, pick names before they are even pregnant? What's weird is that I've been mostly considering the boy names...up until now I have always wanted/imagined a girl baby, but lately I am really feeling boy. Now I really want to know what cherri22 has to say! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

#126 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 12:51 PM

oh, baby name searching is the best! what are your favorite baby name sites snow~pea? right now i have up in my browser: nymbler and thinkbabynames. just between us- i think guys love picking out baby names just as much as we do. my dh is always up for talking about names! it's a good sign too- they are just as excited.

i did jennyrenny's reading and got a reply this morning- it sends me over the moon- but i am also cynical at the same time. i had a couple happy tears when i read her e.mail.

"Your reading reveals that your BFP news does infact come from this cycle - so June is your BFP month. The baby shows as a girl and her EDD/birthdate is shown the months of February and March 2009 - specific reference to the (EDD February 24th) and birthdate is in March - the 2nd is indicated."

i hope you get cheri's reply soon!
#127 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
oh, baby name searching is the best! what are your favorite baby name sites sweet~pea? right now i have up in my browser: nymbler and thinkbabynames. just between us- i think guys love picking out baby names just as much as we do. my dh is always up for talking about names! it's a good sign too- they are just as excited.

i did jennyrenny's reading and got a reply this morning- it sends me over the moon- but i am also cynical at the same time. i had a couple happy tears when i read her e.mail.

"Your reading reveals that your BFP news does infact come from this cycle - so June is your BFP month. The baby shows as a girl and her EDD/birthdate is shown the months of February and March 2009 - specific reference to the (EDD February 24th) and birthdate is in March - the 2nd is indicated."

i hope you get cheri's reply soon!
Suki : that she's right about this being your cycle! I like nymbler too, its fun to play with. Although I am realizing that they don't really have that many names.

DH and I went out to breakfast and I got a whole meal, not just a fruit plate! We went to a vegetarian restarant in town that we've never gone to for some reason. I got a scrambled tofu plate, was awsome.

Also, I had a baby dream this morning. Not just any baby dream, in the dream I actually gave birth! It was at home(sort of-wasn't my home, but a home) and it was also UC, that part was weird b/c I don't think I could ever not have someone there to be in charge. DH and his mom of all people were there, and when they realized I was actually having the baby right then, they both backed away in shock. So I'm like standing/squatting there catching my own baby and thinking wow, this is it. I looked up at DH and was just like are you going to come over here and at least catch her? Then in the dream I thought, wait "her"?? I am supposed to be having a boy. Very strange dream, I am a weirdo. I was very calm in the dream though and it felt very natural to be just giving birth unhindered(is that a word?).

#128 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Hey Vegan mamas! Mind if I join you?

I'm not officially TTC, but will be by the end of the year.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#129 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
oh, baby name searching is the best! what are your favorite baby name sites snow~pea? right now i have up in my browser: nymbler and thinkbabynames. !
you didn't ask me, but i love behind the name (and nymbler)

#130 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 02:37 PM

thanks snow~pea. this may make my tww even more brutal however. if af shows i'm gonna be so sad.

mmm... scrambled tofu. i tend to stick with that when i go to brunch- or the tofu quiche. this veg restaurant in my area started making a vegan gravy and biscuit with a side of scrambled tofu- so, i think that pretty is my fav brunch right now.

your baby dream sounds so great and positive! what a lovely dream to have while tcc.

Quote:
Suki : that she's right about this being your cycle! I like nymbler too, its fun to play with. Although I am realizing that they don't really have that many names.

DH and I went out to breakfast and I got a whole meal, not just a fruit plate! We went to a vegetarian restarant in town that we've never gone to for some reason. I got a scrambled tofu plate, was awsome.

Also, I had a baby dream this morning. Not just any baby dream, in the dream I actually gave birth! It was at home(sort of-wasn't my home, but a home) and it was also UC, that part was weird b/c I don't think I could ever not have someone there to be in charge. DH and his mom of all people were there, and when they realized I was actually having the baby right then, they both backed away in shock. So I'm like standing/squatting there catching my own baby and thinking wow, this is it. I looked up at DH and was just like are you going to come over here and at least catch her? Then in the dream I thought, wait "her"?? I am supposed to be having a boy. Very strange dream, I am a weirdo. I was very calm in the dream though and it felt very natural to be just giving birth unhindered(is that a word?).
#131 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
you didn't ask me, but i love behind the name (and nymbler)
oh, cool. i haven't heard of behind the name. i'll have to check it out. snow~pea is right- nymbler doesn't have a whole lot of names but it's good fun to play with.
#132 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Hey Vegan mamas! Mind if I join you?

I'm not officially TTC, but will be by the end of the year.
Welcome! I checked out your blogs and may I say your baby is just gorgeous! What big beautiful blue eyes!

#133 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Welcome! I checked out your blogs and may I say your baby is just gorgeous! What big beautiful blue eyes!
Thanks!!!

#134 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 PM

I just got a message back from cherri22:

Quote:
Thank you for using the prediction bypass portion. Everything you have provided below is what I need to be able to complete your reading on the little boy to come.

I have scheduled your reading to be completed on or before Jun 3. Please note, as I just gave birth on May 26th there might be a slight delay. I am doing my best to stick to the scheduled date given.

Thanks
Cheri
Didn't I just say I have been feeling boy lately? I have faith in this feeling of boy too because I don't want a boy first. I mean I really don't care about gender, but it has been a longstanding joke btwn DH and I that he wants boys and I want girls b/c I think they will be cheaper. I realize this is not the common thought, but DH is really into "toys" and I have this joke that we'd be broke but each of our kids would have a snowmobile, fourwheeler, dirt bike, etc if we had all boys. But of course I being the most overprotective mom ever would never let them ride them. On a more serious note, a girl first would save me stress by postponing the whole circ debate. I know where I stand, but I also know it will be hard to get everyone else on board with me if you kwim. wow, ramble over. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

#135 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just got the first of my cheri22 prediction, too... Boy, July. sigh. I want a girl so badly. I'm guessing (hopefully not too optimistically) that it means I will find out in July (conceive late June).

Ah, well. Now I switch to disbelieving mode so I don't get too down about it.
#136 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
Just got the first of my cheri22 prediction, too... Boy, July. sigh. I want a girl so badly. I'm guessing (hopefully not too optimistically) that it means I will find out in July (conceive late June).

Ah, well. Now I switch to disbelieving mode so I don't get too down about it.
Keep hope.. she isnt ALWAYS right on the gender

#137 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 PM

Wow, you ladies have been busy!

Welcome Lizzy.

So, for those of you who have done the jenny prediction, Was there anywhere, when youw ere paying whereby you could ask her to send the form to an email addy other than your PayPal one? I'd love to do it but the last thing I need is for my boss to see me getting a form for an internet prediction on my fertility, LOL!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#138 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 PM

yes, veganmama- at the bottom of the form there is an additional space where you write that in there- or if you really want to be sure, you could e.mail before making the payment to let her know that.

welcome lizzy!! when you posted i must have been typing my post and missed the fact that you were new to this thread. silly me!

awe, lilgreen- just keep hope she's wrong about that part is very right about july!

snow~pea!! a boy would be wonderful- and your dh sounds like he would absolutely be smitten over the idea. just watch out for the pee in the eye at changing time. hehe.

i told my dh about jenny's prediction and do you know what he said? "i don't know what to do with a girl."

snowbell! can't wait to hear what cheri has for you.
#139 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 PM

cheri's prediction has actually made me decide to try full force this cycle. Not that I'm putting all that much stock in her prediction , but I figure that maybe I'll have better chance of having a girl if I cheat fate by conceiving this cycle, which would have nothing to do with the month of July like she predicted. Tons of ewcm today. I should be o'ing any time now.
#140 of 399 Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 PM

I got one from jenny even though I'm not really ttc yet, i'm curious. when cheri22 is back up and running i'm going to get the $15 one from her (i have a pp balance.. lol)

#141 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM

Hi everyone, temps still screwy this cycle (very high for me pre-O). No sign of O so far.

#142 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 05:10 PM

Hey veganmama. Maybe your temps are a little higher b/c its getting to be summer temps? Or it could be a result of changing your suppliments.

AFM: cm and cp seemed very fertile yesterday, even though it is way too early for O. cp at least is back to where it should be for cd11.

Hope everyone had a good start to the week.

#143 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Hello All!

Welcome LizzyQ! Snowpea's right, very cute baby!

Snowpea and Lilgreen I was honestly in shock when I found out I was having a boy, I just assumed it would be a girl. Yes, I still sigh when I see all the achingly cute girl clothes, but DS is so awesome that I have to pinch myself sometimes (and intact, btw--a stress-free decision). I know you will be thrilled with whatever you get--boy or girl.

I am scheduled for my surgery in two days. I'm still really scared, but I'm getting used to the idea of it (it's definitely less dangerous than my c/s). DH's grandfather passed on last week, so if I see him while I'm under, I'll know things aren't going well . Anyway, if I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, take care everyone, and I'll post as soon as I can post-surgery.

Happy Monday everyone!
#144 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 06:27 PM

veganmama... I was going to say that my pre-O temps this cycle are also higher than usual, but then I checked your chart and yours are really high. I'm not sure what to make of that. Mine are only about 0.1-0.2'C higher than usual. Very strange. I wish I had an answer.

Catemom... I know you're right and I don't doubt that I will be thrilled with another boy. I guess it's just the prospects of grieving the loss of the dream I grew up with about all the things I would share with my daughter. But no point in grieving something that's not yet lost...
#145 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 06:43 PM

Whew, ladies, I have been AWOL for a while! May was a whirlwind: DH and I went on a babymoon (the kind you take before baby arrives) to Mexico and then I went with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law to San Diego.

I will have to catch up and read the entire thread, since I haven't yet. But I've missed you all!

It's so good to see new people joining, too--LizzyQ, I idolize you for your blog. And I'm going to start getting some serious PP freezer meal ideas going soonish.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#146 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 06:52 PM

yah, I am really just excited about having a baby some day, really doesn't matter if its a boy or a girl. Its always been a little jokey competition btwn dh and I whether we would have boys or girls. We did talk about circ'ing(or more specifically not-circ'ing) last night for about 2 minutes, and he just said "whatever you think is best" . My husband is the best.

catemom, I hope all goes well during your surgery wed, I will be sending you good vibes. At least the wait is almost over, actually it seems to have come up so quick! Then you can get back to the fun stuff.

ETA: hey Cupcake!

#147 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
veganmama... I was going to say that my pre-O temps this cycle are also higher than usual, but then I checked your chart and yours are really high. I'm not sure what to make of that. Mine are only about 0.1-0.2'C higher than usual. Very strange. I wish I had an answer.

Catemom... I know you're right and I don't doubt that I will be thrilled with another boy. I guess it's just the prospects of grieving the loss of the dream I grew up with about all the things I would share with my daughter. But no point in grieving something that's not yet lost...
LOL, I looked at your chart lilgreen and your pre-O temps are way lower than mine. I temp vaginally now at that seems to make a difference of .2C.
But mine are still much hoger than yours even adjusting for that.
I think it's a sign of low estrogen.
Crap.

I want a girl too, although I have one of each I would like for DD to have a sister. I've always been very close to mine.
But then I would have chosen another girl last time, just becasue I was so in love with DD and I'm so thankful I got DS instead!

Hi Catherine!

#148 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
Hello All!

Welcome LizzyQ! Snowpea's right, very cute baby!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Whew, ladies, I have been AWOL for a while! May was a whirlwind: DH and I went on a babymoon (the kind you take before baby arrives) to Mexico and then I went with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law to San Diego.

I will have to catch up and read the entire thread, since I haven't yet. But I've missed you all!

It's so good to see new people joining, too--LizzyQ, I idolize you for your blog. And I'm going to start getting some serious PP freezer meal ideas going soonish.
Hope you had fun on your babymoon.. I took a trip to Hawaii for ours when I was about 25ish weeks along.

I sooooo wish I would have made a bunch of freezer meals.. I didn't and I've learned my lesson! I have tons of casseroles and stuff on there that would probably make great freezer meals.

#149 of 399 Old 06-02-2008, 11:22 PM

veganmama, ugh, I hope it's not low estrogen. Sending you healthy hormone level vibes. :

LizzyQ (and anyone else), can you give me some suggestions for freezer meals that my omni DH would be likely to enjoy? He's a little bit picky. And what are you freezing yours in? I haven't decided if I should go to a second hand store and buy a bunch of baking dishes, or what . . . . I don't have a lot of freezer storage containers, and I'm not wild about plastic bags etc.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#150 of 399 Old 06-03-2008, 05:45 PM

LizzyQ! You have a beautiful baby!

I just got my cheri22 prediction and she said a girl for July (EDD, conceive or find out month). I feel silly for feeling so happy by this. lilgreen, maybe we will both find out in July!

Snow~Peahave you heard back from cheri?

I am off clomid and iui's this month. going au natural. i am really happy to not have to deal with fertility medicine at the moment.

if anyone is interested in ttc visualizations i recommend going to anjionline.com. i purchased visualizations for a medicated cycle (for last month) and i am really feeling better by doing this every day.

have a happy and healthy day everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page