Nursing mamas getting pregnant in October - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 229 Old 10-15-2003, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YES! Stress can delay ovulation. Relax mama. If you can, soak in a nice hot bath, or something cozy that helps you relax. Don't worry!

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#122 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 01:29 AM

Thanks Brandi, I am trying to relax. I actually think I am Oing today/tomorrow... temp started to rise today and this evening I got sticky/ewcm. Lucky for my me dh is having "performance" anxiety and despite trying 3 different times tonight, there was no sperm to catch my egg. I am heartbroken. We have bd'ed for the last 7 days straight, but tonight of course he/we couldn't make it work. I am so mad! Then he goes to bed without even saying anything to me. I could just throw him out the door. GRR!!!

The more I type the madder I get. I will forever wonder that if I dont' get pg this cycle if it was because we failed to bd tonight. I think I'm going to go cry.

****update**** I woke dh up and said, hey you! We need to do this... finally we got it to "work."
#123 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 12:53 PM

Hi ladies! The cookies came out great so come on over! owensmom, I saved a bunch for you.

lovemygirl, glad things worked out for you. Hopefully you will have been successful!

2girlsmommy, thanks for your letting me know your experience. I may have a similar story to tell. :

Chrissy, I hope you body gets moving real soon! Please let us know how things are going every so often, if you can.

I am at 10 dpo and my temps went up, up, up!!! I feel pg, but I hesitate to say that in case I am jinxing myself. I am going to try to get out today to get some HPT's. I am going to desparately try to wait until Saturday. I am already planning out when I will tell family. Crazy? I do this every month! :LOL

I asked dd if she had a sister what would she name her. There was no answer, so I threw out a name I like and she said sure. Then I asked her what if she had a brother. She said "I don't have a brother, I have a sister!!!" Maybe she know s something I don't?
#124 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 02:03 PM

Can I please be added to the list at the beginning of the thread? I am ttc #2 without any sign of af. I have a 14 mo. old who still nurses 3 times a day. Oh I am so hopeful that I can get pregnant soon. Send me baby dust please! I'm so impatient. :
Thanks!!
Kelly
#125 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Kelly! I will add you to the list And here is a bunch of

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#126 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 05:32 PM

Just wanted to say farewell to the nursing mamas here-it's been about 3 weeks and we are officially weaned. Funny thing though, DD woke this am and asked for "boobies" when I was getting dressed. I said the milk was all gone now and she said "no, right there" and pointed to them. I had to laugh.I have had such great support here and I thank you all for that. And I will check in once in awhile to see the great news of +++ tests. I'll be on the other pre-o and 2ww threads so I'm still around.
Amazingly enough, I have already noticed changes in my CM so maybe nursing really was the reason for not getting pregnant??
I spoke with my dr and she said if I'm not preg this cycle or next then we'll do an ultrasound to check my utereus for fybroids and other "things."
So lots of baby dust to all!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#127 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 05:35 PM

bye anne! sounds like you've done a wonderful job in the nursing dept and i wish you every success ttc!!!! who knows i might be joining you on the other ttc threads at some point but hoepfully we'll both be pg before then!
#128 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 06:33 PM

Bye Ann! Good luck! Check in every once in a while...

For those mama's who have partially weaned... how did you do it? I don't know how to say no to him during the day. Often when he wants it I completely understand - he needs to reconnect after hectic playing, needs me if I've been away for a bit, or is going to sleep. I was thinking I'd try to back him off a bit once his 2 year molars come in, he usually needs lots of snuggling when teething...
#129 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Bye Ann. I will see you on the other threads. Lets meet up on the pregnancy board soon! I feel weird taking you off the list, but this is it right? I'd rather just move you over to the success list Good luck and lots of

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#130 of 229 Old 10-16-2003, 06:47 PM

Bye Ann! Keep us posted--it sounds like your body might be gearing up!

Chrissy, try not to let TTC overwhelm you. I've been looking out for your posts too--I'm glad you checked in. These boards are for all the ups and downs of TTC, so I hope you can find some support here even when you're feeling depressed and frustrated. I like your idea of giving your body a chance to sort itself out. The acupuncturist sounds great too--even the sessions hopefully will give you some time to relax for a few quiet minutes. I know I'm much earlier in the game than you, but I've felt depressed about the whole TTC process so I've been trying not to worry about it too much (easier said than done). I still obsess about symptoms, don't get me wrong, but I've been trying to not overthink the whole thing, the big picture. Anyway, hang in there and know you're not alone!

As for me, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but I think I might see my first PPAF sometime soon! I've had cramps all day and I just feel out of sorts. We'll see!
#131 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 09:08 AM
Banned

Is it normal to lose weight around the time of your first pp ovulation / af? I think I just had my first o and I've been dropping about a pound a day lately - not trying at all and not eating any differently. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?
#132 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 09:52 AM

whew! so many new posts here, especially since we had so many graduates this month sorry if i miss something!

chrissy, i'm so glad you stopped by to update us. i'm sorry you're still not bleeding. i can relate to the stress and anxiety you're feeling. i'm starting to make myself crazy wondering about the what-ifs. hormone replacement scares me, i really hope the acupuncture helps!!

keri (kayjayjay) and kelly, welcome to the thread! i hope you move on very quickly

keri (coleslaw), i want some cookies!!!! :LOL they must be gone by now though.....at least they would be around me :LOL my fingers are crossed for you, i hope this is your month!!!

owensmom, sorry found you

ann, goodbye from this thread remember you're welcome to drop by any time!

nwmama, i hope this is PPAF for you!!!

milliesmum, wow, congrats on the weight loss. i can't answer your question since i haven't gotten PPAF yet, but i hope that happens to me! i fear i've put on a couple lbs from this stress
#133 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 09:53 AM

Donna, That's an interesting thought because now that I think about it, I lost about 8 lbs last year right about that time and I had no idea why I was losing the weight. It came off so easy! I have since gained it back and then a few pounds, but I wonder if it's related. Hmmm.

Well, I took another HPT test. This one a Stop & Shop brand because that's all I could find at the grocery store. Not an early detector (is FRED the only one?). Well nothing in the first 10 minutes, except for a shadow of a start of a line at the top of where the line should be. But I thought I was imagining it. Now, 45 minutes after testing (yes, doing that obsessing garbage digging thing), there is a shadow of a line. Still not sure what to think. Waiting a day or two more...

Who else is testing soon? I sorry that I can't seem to keep track. Good luck to everyone!
#134 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 10:13 AM
Banned

Coleslaw (and others) - it's dh's theory that your body uses excess energy to gear up for o and af for the first time pp, which causes the weight loss. Don't know if that's true. I'm sure I'll gain it back, but I guess I should enjoy it for now!
#135 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 10:36 AM

milliesmum, i'm not really sure. i got my first ppaf at 6 months and that's too long ago to remember LOL! i do know that i gained a boatload of weight after the first year so now i weight almost as much as i did when pg. but way to go!!!

owensmom, I try to use the subtle distraction method where I'll either avoid known nursing spots, such as the computer chair LOL, keepign dd busy with a variety of activities (especially out of the house) or less subtle, wouldn't you rather ... (fill in the blank). Drink, activity, snack perhaps, etc. are common diversions depending on your philosophy. If dd was only nursing out of boredome, then the diversions will work relatively well. Sometiems, like you said, they really just need that reconnection, bonding or comfort time.

We're down to 3 a day on weekdays and a few more on the weekends, especially for nap time. I will surely miss using nursing as a deterent for temper tantrums LOL, other than that, I feel completely ready to wean and am happy with our gradual weaning process unless dd self weans at some point.
#136 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 10:49 AM

Keri: That sounds promising! Maybe an early response test will give you a darker line!

I was sorely tempted to use my one and only test this morning, but I fought the urge and I'm still planning on testing tomorrow. That way if I get BFN I'll know it's for real. Can you tell I've been down this road before?:LOL

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);
#137 of 229 Old 10-17-2003, 11:42 AM

Thanks mama2m&m... of course last night he woke up literally a million times and nursed and whined and moaned and thrashed around and nursed some more. I'm exhausted!

Coleslaw and kayjayjay and any other testers out there - good luck this weekend! I rarely log on over the weekends, so I expect to see you all on monday with and .

Going to the pumpkin patch this weekend!
#138 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 12:36 AM

I too am planning to test tomorrow. It's my birthday, and darnit, I need something to go right this week! I've got some fairly promising symptoms: exhaustion, headache, funny "balloon" sensation in the pelvis, and the ridiculous acne that makes people refuse to take me seriously. : No AF in sight, either, although I keep feeling like she's shown up. I did this while I was pregnant with Eli for the first 4 months, and then I couldn't see anything below what had once been my waist.. :LOL. Yesterday it was really awful. I was *sure* that AF had come and so depressed, thinking about how I'd tell dh and practically in tears. I went to the bathroom and you could have knocked me over with a feather when there was nothing there! :LOL At any rate, good luck to all the Saturday testers. I'll be on tomorrow morning to post right away.

T I also lost a fair amount of weight right around the time of my first PP ovulation. I think it's because your thyroid is going back to normal; you don't need to store so much extra fat anymore because you're no longer pregnant and not nursing a tiny baby. (Well, in theory... I ovulated on my second cycle, and ds was only 7 weeks old when AF showed up for the second time..)

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#139 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 12:45 AM

good luck eilonwy! i hope you get a BFP for your birthday!!! and in either case, happy birthday!!!
#140 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 07:47 AM

Happy Birthday eilonwy! And I hope you get your birthday wish
#141 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 08:14 AM

Well, I'm up early this Sat. morning. I couldn't sleep so I got up and tested, and well, I got a !

I'm a bit in shock right now, I just really didn't expect this to happen so soon. I have some mild cramping, but no obvious symptoms so I might be a bit nervous for a few weeks. I sort of have that oh my, what have I done feeling.

I don't really know what else to say...I think I'll go watch cartoons.

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);
#142 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Banned

Yes, thanks to all who replied about my weight loss. I just posted a long explanation in Health section which I won't reiterate here, but I realized last night after talking to dh that since Hurricane Isabel hit, I haven't been eating very well (we had a ton of damage, had no power for 9 days, and we've been extremely busy and stressed). That, on top of the first pp o thing (I've always had a slightly overactive thyroid anyway) I think has caused me to drop the weight. I forced myself to eat 3 meals yesterday and today I was back up a pound. I think once I get some distance between me and that da*ned hurricane, all will be well.
#143 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Banned

Congratulations Kayjayjay!!!!
#144 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 09:11 AM

Congratulations Keri!!!!

That was a text book short and sweet stay Best of luck in the next nine months!

Just a quick update on me - I'm out. Temps dropped way down late last night and AF showed up this morning. I'm actually OK mostly because I have a longer LP and I can drink at my sister's wedding next weekend! (Well, maybe just a sip because I am still nursing, but still...) I feel little silly about that faint shadow of a line I thought I saw on the HPT yesterday, but I guess it's all in the name of TTC! Thanks for putting up with me!

Good luck eilonwy! I hope you get that +
#145 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 09:47 AM

Congrats Kayjayjay! Here's to a happy healthy 9 months!!
#146 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 09:48 AM

coleslaw- I'm sorry showed her ugly head! Have fun at your sister's wedding and hopefully next month will be your month!
#147 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 01:12 PM

KERI!!!!

You've been hit!HURRAY!

IT worked!
(sparkling cider)Congrats to you girlfriend!

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#148 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 01:17 PM

Congratulations Keri!

Will you be joining us over on the June board???? We can all scoot down a little to make room!

Coleslaw, I am sorry af found you too.....but good news on the longer lp!
#149 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 02:17 PM

!!! *happydance*

Happy birthday to me, I have happy pee.. !

This is way better than last year, when I was 8 months pregnant and miserable... :LOL Hooray for ! I'm so looking forward to not being fat. :LOL

Well, I'm very relieved now. I was really starting to wonder if something was wrong with me. Now we just have to tell people.. *hehe* :LOL :LOL :LOL

I don't feel sick at all, just have a headache and acne.. but I'm not going to complain about that, because I was miserable with Eli (lost 45 pounds, and they didn't even have the decency to stay off!! :LOL). DH and I are very excited. Thanks to all who sent my way.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#150 of 229 Old 10-18-2003, 02:34 PM

YAY eilonwy!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

Happy pee! :LOL :LOL :LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page