Nursing mamas getting pregnant in October - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 229 Old 10-29-2003, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies If you need to be updated on the original post please let me know by Thursday afternoon. I will be packing my computer up after that for my move this weekend. I will be back online Sunday or Monday, but it will be in the next month and I am not going to be the caretaker of this thread for November. I have WAY too much to do when I move in. I get to rip up carpets and see what needs to be done to restore the hardwood floors underneath. So, I have a better idea, why don't we all just pregnant and do away with this thread all together

Must go to bed

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#212 of 229 Old 10-29-2003, 12:00 PM

Thanks for all your help Brandi, and good luck moving!
#213 of 229 Old 10-29-2003, 12:23 PM

NWmama, thanks for your thoughts. I think of those things too. I actually talked to her about having a brother or sister. She insists that she has a sister, but she doesn't have a brother. It's a start.

Parkers mommy, Sorry about AF. My dd was the same way at that age, nursing all the time. For her it was 2-year molars among other things. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating well to keep your energy up for it. And take some time out for yourself to keep you recharged. I wish I had done more of that back then.

Milkymommi, Congrats on AF! Yes, that sounds weird, but I am thrilled for you!

Brandi, Good luck with the move and all that goes with your new house. And thanks for doing October's thread for us! You did a great job!!

Well, I need to take advantage of dd's love for The Nutcraker movie and pay some bills (I know, I know, but she dances and sings and pretends while watching it, so it can't be THAT bad! )
#214 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 03:35 AM

Milkymommy- Congrats on finding out you ovulated!

ParkersMommy- Sorry about AF

coleslaw- I think your dd will rebound. I think kids are very resilient. Yes that drop-off might have sparked this whole thing. I think once she feels secure again she will be ok.

Brandi- Good luck with moving! Hope everything goes well.

How is everyone else? Anyone testing?

Well I tested today--another BFN today . I am 12dpo according to my temps. I had blood tinged mucous 2 days ago-- I am hopeful it was implantation spotting. I keep waiting for AF to show. I had a teeny-tiny bit of blood tinged mucous tonight when I ( TMI!) reached up to touch my cervix. I was disheartened by that. I thought the cramps and sore boobs were coming but so far (its 1:30 am ) they haven't. I sometimes get AF in the middle of the night so I am just waiting. My temp dropped a little today, but still above cover.

Anyone feel like looking at my chart and sharing your thoughts? PLEASE?!

MY CHART

I have been peeing a lot, having restless sleep and been very tired. I can't discern if these are real or fake... perhaps I am tired because I don't get enough sleep and recently went off caffeine, perhaps I am peeing a lot cause I am drinking a lot of water... perhaps I am having restless sleep because I am anticipating testing the next morn... AH! So frustrating!!! Am I just crazy??
:LOL

Jennifer
#215 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Banned

BFN for me this morning. The worst thing was I didn't have my glasses on and read it wrong and screamed "I'm pregnant!" to dh and he ran into the bathroom all excited, then I told him I was wrong - not pregnant. Very sad. I'm going today to buy some sort of ovulation tester. Getting out the big guns!!!

I WANT A BABY!!!!!

Good luck on your move Brandi!
#216 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 11:56 AM

MIlliesmum, I'm sorry!

Jennifer, I looked at your chart, and that drop in temp at the end doesn't seem so good... but what do I know? Maybe it will go back up? Fingers crossed AF doesn't show!
#217 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies FF won't give me an o date or coverline this chart because I am missing a couple temps right around my suspected o time. All well: . But my temps are nice and high right now! Hope they stay that way. I plan to test on the 8th unless AF shows, that will make me a couple days late. My chart link is in my sig if anyone has any insight for me.

to all!

reading.gif

love and light

#218 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

s to all those that af found and congrats on your first ppaf Milkymommi!

reading.gif

love and light

#219 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 03:46 PM

Got my period just now. I am not going to be posting really, maybe lurking, as I am sick of all of it. I won't try next month because if I do actually succeed (yeah right) then it would be too close to my dd's birthday.

It makes no sense why this isn't working. I've had my period back for 17 months. Have O pain and EWCM, and temp shifts. Why isn't it working??? UGH. Can I really have those things and the breastfeeding interfere?

Well anyway, I am done obsessing. (Thanks for looking Brandi, I made that request lastnight before I had the drop in temp today).

I wish all of you prayers for successful happy healthy pregnancies and births. Good luck to everyone and much to you.

Thanks for all of your support.
love,
Jennifer
#220 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 04:15 PM

Jennifer, just wanted to let you know you're not alone...I also had my period back for 18mos w/ewcm, temp rises at O and the whole nine yards but no baby yet-I did have one miscarriage but I think for me (and some others like you) that breastfeeding is just natural birth control-like nature intended. Of course, the women who would use it as such would be the ones to get preg but nursing is the natural child spacing key.
So hang in there, even though that doesn't help much. It will happen when it's supposed to
I'm on my first full cycle after 2 yr old DD weaned last month and while this cycle is "normal" as it gets for me I still only have a 9 day luteal phase so we have some work to do to conceive-hoping those hormones figures things out soon.
Good luck
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#221 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer I'm sorry. Rest up and take care of yourself. There is a baby coming your way. My first two were conceived right away, and this time around we are on cycle 6 ttc. My first dd weaned early, and my second dd is still nursing strong at 2 years. I think what Ann said was right on. None of this may sound very encouraging, but a baby will come when the time is right. Thinking of you, take care

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#222 of 229 Old 10-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
breastfeeding is just natural birth control-like nature intended. Of course, the women who would use it as such would be the ones to get preg but nursing is the natural child spacing key.
Ann, you are so right. I keep reminding myself that I'm actually defying mother nature by trying to get pregnant right now. My dd still nurses so often (at 15 months) and really still needs me so much. I should chill out, but I get nervous when I remember that I'm 36 freakin' years old (as of this coming Sunday) and I'm thinking perhaps I should HURRY UP and get pregnant before I'm too old!!! :LOL

I'd like to come back in another life and start having babies at 20 and have a whole bunch of them, you know?
#223 of 229 Old 10-31-2003, 01:19 AM

You got it Donna! I wish I had started earlier too, but hindsight is 20/20 of course. It did take us a little over a year the first time so that delayed things but now I'm 35 and I know what you mean about thinking I'm getting too old!
Of course, DH just says to look at our wonderful two we have and not worry about it. I know he's right but I just "know" I'm supposed to have another baby-actually I've always thought I was supposed to have 4 children but I can't imagine having one at 39 or 40-I'll be toooo tired! LOL
Take care all
Happy Halloween
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#224 of 229 Old 10-31-2003, 02:52 AM

So do any of you know or have info on prolactin suppressing progesterone? I mean what is the point of menstrual cycles (for 17 months) if you aren't fully fertile??? What is the purpose of having your period then??? Makes NO sense to me-: physiologically is it benefitting me to have my period back for 17 months but have it serve no purpose other than to give me labor type cramps the first day and make me fat, bloated, and miserable? :LOL
#225 of 229 Old 11-01-2003, 12:42 PM

I had a similar question to yours, but in the opposite direction: What's the point of nursing and cosleeping and night nursing constantly if you're gonna get your period back and be fully fertile again when your baby is only 6 weeks old? :LOL I guess that our bodies just like to play tricks on us! I'm hoping that when #2 is born, nursing both of my children will be enough to suppress my cycle for at least 6 months. A strange goal, perhaps, but that's it. I'd really like not to have to worry about bc for a little while after the next one is born. :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#226 of 229 Old 11-01-2003, 04:18 PM

Hey eilonwy,

Yikes, I am sorry that you got your AF so soon. I know its no consolation but it is really rare that it happens so soon.

Good link to articles:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fe...y.html#prevent

So are you pregnant now or did you just see the return of Af at 6 weeks? Also just because you bleed doesn't mean you are fully fertile. You can have periods and not ovulate... but you are right, what's the point! LOL!

EDITED to say that I just saw your siggy... so when did you become pg? How old was baby #1? As I mentioned its no consolation but it is really rare:

"Exclusive breastfeeding has in fact been shown to be an excellent form of birth control, but there are certain criteria that must be met for breastfeeding to be used effectively.

Exclusive breastfeeding (by itself) is 98-99.5% effective in preventing pregnancy as long as all of the following conditions are met:

Your baby is less than six months old
Your menstrual periods have not yet returned
Baby gets nothing but breastmilk, or only token amounts of other foods. "
taken from link above...

#227 of 229 Old 11-03-2003, 12:58 PM

I got pregnant at the end of september, on our 5th cycle ttc.. Ds will be a year old on Saturday.

I actually had my first period when ds was 3 weeks old, but it was anovulatory. The second time I did ovulate, but I was still sore so dh and I had not yet resumed relations. We've been using FAM since I tried my diaphragm again but it was too big (apparently your bones can move closer together after delivery?!). I was using the smallest size, so I had no other choices there and decided to give FAM a try. I have a friend who used it for over 10 years very successfully, so I knew it could work!

At any rate, I've only had three anovulatory cycles since ds was born. The first one, and two during growth spurts where he literally didn't let go of my breast for more than 5 minutes at a time.

ETA: I've just looked at that link. We did, in fact, practice ecological breastfeeding, however Eli spent a week in the NICU before we could get started. If that by itself isn't enough to mess you up, you should know this: My mother concieved my brother when I was 5 weeks old and was nursing *constantly*. So maybe it's just a genetic thing.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#228 of 229 Old 11-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Banned

Can anyone tell me why every day when I pee on the o detector I get the normal test line and then a faint other line? The instructions said that should only happen right before your surge -a few days later you'll have a dark line next to the test line, indicating an LH surge (ovulation). But every single day it's a faint line. What is going on with my freaky body!?!?!?
#229 of 229 Old 11-03-2003, 10:25 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know there is a new thread... for november.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page