8 dpo too soon for BFP? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 06-08-2008, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am new to this forum, so thanks for your comments... I believe I ovulated on May 30th or 31st, intercourse May 31st. Started spotting VERY VERY light amount of pinkish, mostly brownish CM yesterday (7 dpo). I tested and got BFN today : ... I rather expected it... I used midday urine, but I was reading somewhere that normal hCG is between 25 and 50mIU around this time, and I used the Dollar Tree brand with sensitivity of 25mIU. When was the soonest dpo you got your BFPs? Should I test again tomorrow (9 dpo) or wait?

Thanks!!
#2 of 48 Old 06-08-2008, 06:28 PM

8dpo is very, very early but the light spotting is a good sign if it's not normal for you.

If you have cheap tests from the internet, I'd say go ahead and test. I got a very light BFP at 9 dpo once. If you only have expensive tests, I'd say hold out until 12 dpo minimum.

Good luck!

Have you seen www.tcoyf.com (the 'fertility tests" forum) or www.peeonastick.com?
#3 of 48 Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 PM

I didn't get a bfp until 12dpo this time, and even then it was REALLY faint!

Good luck!
#4 of 48 Old 06-08-2008, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I check poas.com often... that's where I got the info on the cheapies for hpts. Yes, the spotting is very abnormal. I didn't spot with #1 or #2, so to see some spotting a week before AF is due was what got me researching, and I came up with implantation bleeding as a possibility. Let's hope!!!
#5 of 48 Old 06-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Spotting can mean implantation. It takes about 2 days after implantation to get a positive. I have only gotten a + at 8 DPO once. It's still early and a lot of ladies don't get a + till at least 11-12 DPO. Don't lose hope. It ain't over till AF shows.

P.S. I find Dollar Tree and IC's do not show a + as early as a Answer or FRER.
#6 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Another question - today is 9 dpo... and yes, I tested this morning... BFN of course, but at least it was FMU, unlike yesterday's failed attempt at afternoon urine... riiiight. Anyhow, I was checking my cervix, and it is low, sliiiiightly open, and mostly firm, little soft, but mostly firm... isn't this where it's supposed to be for AF? I am scheduled for AF on the 11th (Wednesday)... does CP have any bearing on whether or not I am pregnant, or coiuld it also be that 9 dpo is still just too early for the hormones to have: 1) produced a BFP, and 2) softened my cervix and caused it to rise up?

I am so stressed. I want BFP so badly.
#7 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 PM

I hear you about wanting the BFP
I know that FF tells you that you can't tell if you're PG by your cervix. I wonder if the brown spotting was implantation? have you ever had spotting before AF before? Plus, where is your chart little missy!! You know we all want to see that!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#8 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

I'm such a newbie to this stuff, I don't chart my temps, etc... I've put in basic information for my last cycle, so here is the link... not sure how else to share it....

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/213ae7

And no, with #s 1 and 2, never had implantation spotting.

Thanks.
#9 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I just pulled out the HPT from this morning. This morning when I looked at the result (immediately after it went across the window) it was BFN, but now I am looking at it and there is a definite FAINT line... how to tell if it's evap or FAINT BFP??? : I'd post a pic, but it's really blurry and you wouldn't be able to see anything. Also, my bathroom is very dim... just FYI. Here is the picture.http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...keiths/HPT.jpg
#10 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Oh, the agony!!!!! I wish I could give you an answer. Just make sure you go to bed early tonight so tomorrow morning comes sooner .... every extra minute of not knowing - maybe, maybe not - is so torturous. Hang in there
#11 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 06:51 PM

Evaps usually don't have color and show up after the alloted time limit. I also have read that evaps are usually thinner then what a BFP line would be. What test was it? Try taking it outside to look at if your house light isn't good.
#12 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamr3211 View Post
Evaps usually don't have color and show up after the alloted time limit. I also have read that evaps are usually thinner then what a BFP line would be. What test was it? Try taking it outside to look at if your house light isn't good.
New Choice from Dollar Tree... the line is pinkish-ish... haha. It is as thick as the control line. Just VERY faint. I'm starting to wonder if my eyes just weren't working this morning d/t just waking up and light being horrible. check out the pic in my post above.
#13 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 PM

I had the same question and someone told me this:

Chances of getting a + HPT
10 dpo - 35%
11 dpo - 51%
12 dpo - 62%
13 dpo - 68%
14 dpo - 74%
15 dpo - 80%
16 dpo - 88%
17 dpo - 92%
18 dpo - 99%

Hope this helps you!
#14 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiahallyson View Post
New Choice from Dollar Tree... the line is pinkish-ish... haha. It is as thick as the control line. Just VERY faint. I'm starting to wonder if my eyes just weren't working this morning d/t just waking up and light being horrible. check out the pic in my post above.
I think I saw it in the pic even though it was a bit blurry. When I tested for ds2 I dismissed my test, came back an hour later and saw a second line... and I was pg. I don't want to give you false hopes, though, because I think it's really too if-fy to say one way or another since it was several hours later that you checked it and the test instructions always say never rely on results after a certain amount of time. I hope you have another test for the morning... if not you'd better go get one! I'm dying to know for sure!
#15 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgreen View Post
I think I saw it in the pic even though it was a bit blurry. When I tested for ds2 I dismissed my test, came back an hour later and saw a second line... and I was pg. I don't want to give you false hopes, though, because I think it's really too if-fy to say one way or another since it was several hours later that you checked it and the test instructions always say never rely on results after a certain amount of time. I hope you have another test for the morning... if not you'd better go get one! I'm dying to know for sure!
Oh, I'm headed out RIGHT NOW to get another!!! I'll let you all know tomorrow!!!
#16 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, I took another one (actually two - I'm sick, I know)... and I'm even more confused... The FRER came back distinctly negative, but I got this strange control line and then a pink (DARK) dot where the test line should be... see the pic here:http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...eiths/HPT2.jpg

What the heck does THAT mean?
#17 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 08:38 PM

I'm sorry you are going through all this. Dollar trees are known for evaps. I trust FRER and Answer. I think maybe it's just to early for a BFP. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
#18 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

wow I am stalking you now lol. I am at the EXACT same place in my cycle with the exact same cp and everything! I hope we both get the bfp's we want!

Angie,
Wife to Eddie. Mommy to Jamie (4), Allie (2) & Luke (born 11-14-11)

#19 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM

I got faint bfps with both of my DDs at 8 dpo. The line darkened quite a bit by 9 dpo. I think it differs from woman to woman though. Have you gotten an early bfp in the past? I'd try a FRER in the morning. I have gotten evaps with the New Choice tests after they sit for a while (and was not pregnant). FRERs are best IMO. Good luck!
#20 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaidinsgirl View Post
wow I am stalking you now lol. I am at the EXACT same place in my cycle with the exact same cp and everything! I hope we both get the bfp's we want!
me three.
#21 of 48 Old 06-09-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Nice to know I'm not alone!

Did anyone happen to take a look at the 2nd hpt I took this evening? Here is the link to the pic... http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...eiths/HPT2.jpg

The control line came out nice and dark, and where the test line is supposed to appear - there is a dark pink dot. What is that??? Does that mean that it picked up some hCG there, or is it an invalid result? Anyone else ever see anything like that? I think the baby gods are out to torture me!

I did buy an extra 2 of the Dollar Tree and an extra 1 of the FRERs. Going to use one of each with FMU tomorrow first thing. Will update you all... please take a look at the pic though and let me know your thoughts/experiences.
#22 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 AM

That 2nd hpt with the dot is very weird I can't tell what brand it is--is it a FRER? You can call the customer service number on the package and ask them what it means. Maybe it's invalid??

Looking forward to your update this morning!

Attached, homeschooling mom to Sam (10), Henry (8), Clara (5--now in public school Kindergarten) and Noah (2)

#23 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

That one with the dot is a Dollar Tree one.

UPDATE - Well, this morning I took a FRER (BFN) and a Dollar Tree... the Dollar Tree had a VERY faint line, and I think it may be an evap. Granted, I am only 10 dpo now, so it could still be early. AF is due tomorrow, so we'll see.

I thought the FRERs were supposed to consistently pick up 12.5 mIU (per POAS.com)? If that's the case, don't you think I would be BFP on the FRERs currently? I mean, 12.5 mIU should be an almost immediate BFP right after implantation I would think, right?

I'm starting to lose hope.

On another note - CM was wet this morning, but last night, a TON of EWCM presented itself... not sure what to think of that - I've read it's from corpus luteum degrading, and I've read that many women have experienced a ton of EWCM after implantation as well... so many conflicting things!!!

Have a good day, I'll be on later, but I don't plan on testing until Friday at least... wishful thinking...
#24 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Good luck, and don't give up yet! Every time I got a BFP, it was after I'd pretty much decided that AF was on her way. It ain't over till it's over!

P.S. I'm from Dallas, too...

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#25 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiahallyson View Post
That one with the dot is a Dollar Tree one.

UPDATE - Well, this morning I took a FRER (BFN) and a Dollar Tree... the Dollar Tree had a VERY faint line, and I think it may be an evap. Granted, I am only 10 dpo now, so it could still be early. AF is due tomorrow, so we'll see.

I thought the FRERs were supposed to consistently pick up 12.5 mIU (per POAS.com)? If that's the case, don't you think I would be BFP on the FRERs currently? I mean, 12.5 mIU should be an almost immediate BFP right after implantation I would think, right?

I'm starting to lose hope.

On another note - CM was wet this morning, but last night, a TON of EWCM presented itself... not sure what to think of that - I've read it's from corpus luteum degrading, and I've read that many women have experienced a ton of EWCM after implantation as well... so many conflicting things!!!

Have a good day, I'll be on later, but I don't plan on testing until Friday at least... wishful thinking...
just wanted to say.......i am right there with ya. ff said at first AF was due on wed...then changed it to thurs..... i have taken three tests 8, 10 AND 12 DPO, except mine have ALL been BFNS.....( the last made me lose hope) i have wet cm too, not a ton but usually before AF i am dry. i have had other symptoms also......not sure WHAT to think at this point. i have been on a roller coaster of emotions.....right now i just want to KNOW either way and feel like i will be fine no mater what. i think today if i don't get AF i am gonna buy FRER..... my other tests were walgreen's brand ER....... blessings your way. keep us posted.
#26 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 PM

I get ewcm before AF, :cry no AF for you!! I wanted to see your BFP!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#27 of 48 Old 06-10-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies - thanks so much for all your well wishes... know I am thinking the same for you all!

I no longer have EWCM, I think that was a fluke or something... it is now pretty creamy... gross, I know, sorry... so hopefully when I test later this week it'll be BFP!

I am due for AF tomorrow, so I'll keep you all posted!
#28 of 48 Old 06-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Well...??

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

#29 of 48 Old 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE - Well, absolutely zero sign of AF. And I tested again today (11 dpo) and another BFN... I really don't know what to think... take a look at my chart and let me know what you think. I just started temping yesterday, so that probably won't tell you anything.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/213ae7

Is it still too early for hCG, or am I losing it?
#30 of 48 Old 06-11-2008, 05:28 PM

Any updates?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page