Tilted Cervix? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so last time I was at the obgyn, she said, "Your cervix is really tilted down (or towards the back) but don't let anyone tell you that you will make it harder to get pregnant". Other dr.s have mentioned it being tilted in the past, but I really didn't know what it meant or think twice about it.

Now that I'm TTC and trying to find my cervix, (get ready for TMI...) I always feel soft fleshiness and could never really find it and then last night, I felt really far towards the back, and there it was! I mean, it was hard to feel the opening really because it was almost pressed up against the back of my... I don't even know what. Like it was almost sideways. Has anyone ever heard this from their obgyn or experienced this? Now I see what she was talking about and I wonder if it WILL make a difference in pregnancy.

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 01:35 PM

I have always been told that mine is tilted also. And like you i have a very hard time finding it and could never feel the opening. It feels like it is behind me
Rest assured i have a beautiful son who is four today had a bean back in Nov that i lost in Feb. and now i think my chart is looking pretty good. :
So i do not think it makes it difficult. IMO
Old 06-20-2008, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for easing my mind a little. It never really struck me as odd or anything until I felt it and was like, oh, wow! This REALLY feels abnormal! Happy birthday to your son, btw!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM

Mine's tilted. I think it's not very uncommon. I've gotten pregnant on the first try - twice. Good luck to you!

Baby Boy 9/08 & Baby Girl 3/11

Old 06-20-2008, 02:35 PM

Mine's the same way. Actually, my cervix is tilted and my uterus is, too-- to the left. When my RE first examined it, he mentioned that is was left-leaning and said something like, "Now whether it's a normal uterus that just happens to be left-ish, or whether it's abnormal, we won't know till the xray."-- just what I wanted to hear, but it turned out to be perfectly normal.

Anyways, I've gotten pregnant 4 times in the last 16 months, two of those on the first try. And my problems w/ m/c don't seem to have *anything* to do with the uterus/cervix positioning.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry at all! Who says that they should all be straight, anyways!

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

User Tag List