Pink "Ghost" Line on First Response Early Resut test? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies!
So I am still nursing my 21 month old and haven't yet gotten my PPAF. We were hoping to start trying around his 2 year birthday, but we aren't in any rush. Anyway, I started getting return of lots of EWCM this last month, so I guess my fertility is at least starting to try and return. We have not been trying to prevent pregnancy. For the past 10 days or so I have been feeling really off- exhuasted, headachey and crampy. Mostly I was thinking that AF might be returning...however I also have had to pee a lot so I though well *maybe, just maybe* I'm preggers. As I'm sure you all know, once you get that thought in your head the neurosis totally kicks in and takes over. I got pregnant with my son right away, so have only ever had to endure 1 2WW, which was more than enough for me!! I have been lurking on your 2WW threads which seems to just make the obsessing worse! I decided I would test with FMU this Saturday. Well, today, in a fit of craziness, I left work (I work outside the home twice a week), drove to the drugstore, got a HPT and peed in a public restroom. OMG! I would never admit this to anyone "in real life".
So, finally onto my question...(thanks for making it this far) I used a First Response Early Results test. I have never used this brand before. I had what I will call a pink ghost line where the postive would be. It was VERY VERY faint, but it was definitley pinkish. Obviously my plan is to just test again using FMU (this time my pee was literally clear from the water I was drinking this morning). I have no idea when I O'ed if I even did O, but my guesstimate is if I did I am somewhere around 10 dpo right now. So anyway, is this pink ghost line a known thing with the FRER test? Right now I am assuming it is a bfn....but ....????

THANKS, and CONGRATS to all the BFPs, and to the rest.

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#2 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 02:29 PM

Well, you know it always helps to post a pic But I've used FRER with my first 3 pg's and never had a false + or evap line. I HAVE gotten extremely faint positives, but they were from taking the test so early.

The faintest positive I have gotten using FRER (almost couldn't see it!) is now napping in the other room (DS2)

I'd definitely try tomorrow using the same brand of test (they're nice and sensitive) with FMU. But I'd say you're most likely pg, it's just early
#3 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply! The hours between now and tomorrow morning are going to stretch like an eternity!
What a strange thing baby fever is...I didn't even think I wanted to start trying until DS was 2, but now would be lying if I didn't admit to kind of wanting a bfp!!!

#4 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Totally sounds like a BFP to me too!

An early congrats!

If you are still unsure, why not grab a digital? Nothing like a big "Pregnant" in your face to erase all shreds of doubt!

I just had to edit and add that I looooovve when no circ mommies get PG! It's so nice to just celebrate a pregnancy and not have to start praying for girls!

<3 Dena

Wife to M 4.04 and Mama to hopmad.gifJ the activist 5.06, superhero.gifSammy Tsunami 12.09, and stork-girl.gif  coming soon!

#5 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 PM

Sounds like a positive to me too!! I had a BFP with a FRER just like that on 11 DPO with my first pregnancy. I waited two days to take another one (how was I so patient?? lol) and it was darker and definitely there! The night I took the first one we were sticking it right under the lamp to see the line better it was so faint.
#6 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 04:57 PM

pic to be sure... but a line is a line.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 05:14 PM

: Sounds like good news to me.

However, now you've got me thinking about taking an early test. AF due Tuesday and I was planning to hold out but now...

Keep us updated
#8 of 8 Old 06-26-2008, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, we'll see and I'll keep you posted! I would post a pic but I already threw it away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DklovesMkandJK View Post
I just had to edit and add that I looooovve when no circ mommies get PG! It's so nice to just celebrate a pregnancy and not have to start praying for girls!
Thanks! This is why I love MDC, almost all my friends IRL circ their boys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page