The early to mid July TWW - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies! I hope you don't mind if I join you all.

My husband and I were not planning to TTC until next month, but we decided to not be so careful in June and we bd'd on CD 14 and 16 and on CD 17 I had a lot of EWCM. Since my cycle is normally around 35-37 days it was a surprise to see the EWCM, but again I had a little EWCM on CD 18 and I'm pretty sure some O twinges on CD 19. My cycle can definitely have a range, last August was 28 days but just this past May/June was 45 days. Here I am on CD 26 and I'm trying hard to not obsess and trying even harder to not test yet.

I'm hoping to wait until the 12th to test, but now I have urges to test on the 7th.

I've been charting my cycles dates for a couple of years and checking CM, but I haven't been temping so I'm not exactly sure what day would have been O day. I guess I'm anywhere from 9-7 dpo.
#62 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 08:43 PM

North - please update my chart from the ovusoft link to the new and improved (and friendlier FF chart).

Danka.
#63 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenproofstella View Post
North - please update my chart from the ovusoft link to the new and improved (and friendlier FF chart).

Danka.
Yeah, you got it working! What was the problem?

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#64 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 PM

North of 60 -What are you doing about your opk. Mine are the same as yours. They have been very positive for three days. Was your opk negative today? I hope mine start to get negative. If I knew what I was doing I would show you a picture. I am going to start the progesterone on Monday. Do you think you caught what is the LH surge on the up and downward swing? I should have stopped after the first opk. They probably say to stop after the first one so you don't go second guessing yourself. What do you think.
#65 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 10:13 PM

B-girl- You should test soon. I could not hold out. FRER works really well as I got BFP two times at 8-9 dpo. I am so excited for you. Keep us posted.
#66 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM

I will start testing on July 12th and I already bought my dollar tree tests. May splurge and get a FRER. My dh are going to bd on Sunday one last time to make sure all bases are covered. If I got my first positive opk on Thurs. and I bd everyday from Wed to Sunday I think I should have hit the right time frame. I think I will skip Monday. I have to say those instead cups really seem to do the trick. I love getting bfp as it is like winning the lottery. Good luck to all.
#67 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl View Post
North of 60 -What are you doing about your opk. Mine are the same as yours. They have been very positive for three days. Was your opk negative today? I hope mine start to get negative. If I knew what I was doing I would show you a picture. I am going to start the progesterone on Monday. Do you think you caught what is the LH surge on the up and downward swing? I should have stopped after the first opk. They probably say to stop after the first one so you don't go second guessing yourself. What do you think.
Well, I started testing on CD 11, and they got progessively darker until they turned positive, and aside from the one wonky positive in the middle of the two negatives, they did go down again. I didn't enter that one into fertility friend, I left it as my last positive on CD 16 (even though I had a positive early on CD 17, but it turned negative later that day.. in any case, I have it entered into FF as 3 positive days, which is what they are on paper too - 72 hours).

This mornings was negative, but now I'm curious to test again and see if it's still negative. I was just going to do it again tomorrow morning. Yeah, it will deffinitly make you go crazy.

#68 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl View Post
B-girl- You should test soon. I could not hold out. FRER works really well as I got BFP two times at 8-9 dpo. I am so excited for you. Keep us posted.
Thanks kellygirl and good luck to you!

We are planning to go to the Dollar Tree tomorrow and hopefully get some tests. I'm not sure how long I can hold out once I have the tests in my possession

My husband really wants to see a positive, so much so I think he doesn't want me to test early and see a false negative. I'm trying to hold out for him.

I'm definitely feeling a little different this past week, but who knows if it's all in my head.
#69 of 408 Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 PM

I'm waiting to test on 7/9 with my last test. Can I or will I hold out...only time will tell! I'm a testing freak and I obsess!

My fertility friend chart is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/a9dfd

If I didn't do that correctly, let me know. Thanks!

Edited to add I was nauseas all day yesterday and today. I have been a complete wreck emotionally. Cried and was aggitated and like PMS on steriods. Nipples are tender when dd nurses. Maybe pregnancy symptoms, or AF is coming early and I have another short luteal phase.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#70 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Danielle~* View Post
I'm waiting to test on 7/9 with my last test. Can I or will I hold out...only time will tell! I'm a testing freak and I obsess!

My fertility friend chart is here: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/a9dfd

If I didn't do that correctly, let me know. Thanks!

Edited to add I was nauseas all day yesterday and today. I have been a complete wreck emotionally. Cried and was aggitated and like PMS on steriods. Nipples are tender when dd nurses. Maybe pregnancy symptoms, or AF is coming early and I have another short luteal phase.
Hi Danielle, saw your "accountability" thread and thought I'd send restraint vibes your way! I too am waiting another week to test... 7/12 will be 14DPO. AND, DH and I are in India right now, and the pregnancy tests aren't as sensitive as those in the U.S., so no early testing for me. The good news is that they're super inexpensive - just $1 with the current exchange rate. Good luck holding out TWWers!
#71 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 12:33 PM

I'm finally checking in. I really needed to stay away for a few days because I could feel myself becoming obsessive in this 2ww, and I don't want to do that!

I'm 8dpo today and had planned to hold out until Monday, the 14th to test, but I may give in and test sometime this week. The reason for that is that I'm having pregnancy-specific (for me) symptoms. Can I share?

1. have had indigestion reflux every day for a week
2. bloated
3. for the last two days I've been really tired; so much so that I'm going to bed earlier yet still having to take two naps during the day
4. nausea -- I do sometimes have it pre-AF off and on, but for the past two days it's been all day long (even after I eat) and this morning I almost threw up while brushing my teeth
5. protruding nipples -- ok, I know this is too much information, but this is a big symptom for me! It started yesterday, nips are protruding, but soft -- not hard & erect like when you're aroused, you know. The only other time this happened was when I was pregnant.
6. Breasts have been tender since O, but yesterday they actually become sore and that continues today. I sometimes have tenderness pre-AF, but it's not usually bad and it tends to focus on the outside of bbs and under the arms. Now it's both bbs, all over and so painful that I winced and cried out when DH and DS hugged me last night and this morning. It was even uncomfortable to have the shower on them.
7. super hungry

So, I've been pregnant twice so far this year. I lost the first one in February, but that pregnancy was a complete surprise so I didn't pay attention to any symptoms before the BFP. The last pregnancy was in May -- definitely ttc -- and I became aware of a few things that were out of the ordinary for me in my cycle. That's what I'm looking for now. I know that every pregnancy is different, and who knows what could be going on with my body after the last loss. But still....

My cycle is very consistent and my temps are looking good. That, combined with the unusual feelings going on, are giving me hope! But I'm trying not to get too wrapped up in it.

One more thing: The very main symptom I had in my last pregnancy was a crazy sensation in my uterus on 8 and 9 dpo. I'm 100% convinced it was implantation and even knew it at the time. The way I described it in my journal when it was happening was that it felt like my uterus was "undulating." You know that feeling you get when you're having a muscle spasm and you can see the skin "jumping?" That's what it felt like, deep in the uterus, always in the same spot, no cramping with it, just very clear tickly kind of feeling. It was just a few days after having those sensations that I got my BFP.

Unfortunately, that pregnancy didn't stick...and so far I haven't had that feeling again. But, if it happens again this cycle I will really believe that my next hpt will be positive. We'll see!

I know this was long, but thanks for letting me share. When I finally break down and test I'll post what happens.

Anyone else with symptoms? Anyone test this weekend?

~faeriemom
#72 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM

faeriemom Your chart looks great!
#73 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM

faeriemom - that nipple protruding thing is a good sign! Mine are like headlights!

-
#74 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 01:57 PM

Well, my temp went up again this morning so I caved and did my last internet cheapie test. BFN. But, it's only 10dpo, and that is early for me. I don't think I've ever gotten a positive before 14dpo, and that wasn't all that dark, but it resulted in the little one currently on my lap. So, I should have waited and I plan to get some better tests. I don't know if my batch was wonky or not, but it didn't even pick up the positive I should have had a couple months ago when I miscarried early. So, I am determined to remain optimistic.

My stomach is a bit wonky... has been for several days. I've got some breast tenderness and (probably TMI) it is feeling different down below, especially when DTD. Kind of like something "shifted." Weird.

Anyway, I am not testing again until at least Thursday (14dpo) but I think I'm going to try and hold out for next Saturday.
#75 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 03:48 PM

Hi ladies, I am out for this month. AF showed up yesterday, GL to everyone waiting to test

SAHM to one sweet little
#76 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 04:00 PM

steed - RATS!!!

Your chart looked SOOOOOO good too?? I'm sorry. Just goes to show how up in the air it all is. I myself am combing the net for all those lame charts...flat temps...hoping to find a success story.

You won't be alone next round - I'm SURE!!!

-s
#77 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 04:52 PM

North of 60, you don't seem to have included me on your list. See post 27 on page 2 of this thread.

Not that it matters. I have had no symptoms and would be very surprised if I were pregnant.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
#78 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanGoddess View Post
North of 60, you don't seem to have included me on your list. See post 27 on page 2 of this thread.

Not that it matters. I have had no symptoms and would be very surprised if I were pregnant.
I'm sorry! Will do it right now..

#79 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanGoddess View Post

If you're going to test on the 8th which is 10DPO, that makes today 8 DPO. It's possible implantation hasn't happened yet, hence no symptoms. I wouldn't be pessimistic just yet, it's still early!!

#80 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 07:00 PM

steed - you aught to go on and start the EARLY - MID August TWW thread!!!

I have a feeling I'll be joining you...

I went and bought some friggin' Progesterone Cream at Whole Foods today and I plan on taking a Progesterone BATH this evening.

Gotta love a little 'google self diagnosing' to really take charge of your fertility.

I figure it can't hurt - these temps are awful. But they are definatley DIFFERENT than the pre-o temps. There is a shift...its just not an impressive one. If there was an egg to be fertilized I'm fairly confident it got done. Question is whether or not my 'lining' will prove lush enough for it to IMPLANT and stick around.

The more I read about chemical pregnancy, the more I'm thinking I may have had one last month. Also wondering if I may have a thyroid issue - as that has been suggested to me in the past for other reasons. I'm not but 113lbs at 5'5 have a very high metabolism and struggle with panic attacks/anxiety. Never had it checked though. Although - it doesn't appear that my luteal phase will be particularly short. Just maybe low progesterone.

OKAY THATS ENOUGH!

Anyone in here take BABY ASPRIN??? Should I???
#81 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Just checking in here at 7dpo. I may have had some spotting today (I'm not entirely sure, but there's a brown smear on my undies, so fingers crossed). I haven't been temping this cycle, but I did this morning and it was the highest it's been since I started temping in Feb.

We shall see...

I'm also exhausted beyond belief, but I can't possibly be having symptoms this early, so I'm not sure what's up. zzzzzz.....

Good luck everyone!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/66110
#82 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:09 PM

zenproofstella-I take baby asprin. I had two m/c s both with normal heartrates at 8 weeks the doctor said it could be from low progesterone or sub-bleed. I am taking the baby asprin as a precaution. It can't hurt. I do not think the m/c's were related to sub-bleed but I want to be sure. I am supposed to start prometrium but I do not know when. I am having some opk issues.

North of 60- My opk this morning was a smidge lighter than the control line. I should say barely lighter. If you asked someone who was not testing which was lighter it would be a toss up. However, I tested this evening a it was much lighter. I use FMU and always manage a dark positive. In the afternoon it gets dark but not like fmu. That is unusual from what I have read. All the information says FMU is not good because it takes awhile to metabolize. However, I drink too much water during the day to test positive. I am still using the instead cups though. I think the concept is great.
#83 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:14 PM

North of 60 or anyone else- If I first tested positive on Thursday at 9:00 a.m and 1:00p.m. but had positives until Saturday ( I am talking twice as dark as the control line) but now is negative then when did I O. Do I guess that I ovulated on Saturday because that is 48 hours from Thursday at 9:00? I just want to know when to start progesterone tablets and cream. Should I start the progesterone on Monday or Sunday night?
#84 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM

question:

when you get pg, does cervix stay low after o? mine is still low, and when dh and i bd it almost hurts b/c he runs into it. is that a 'symptom?'
#85 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:21 PM

B-girl- I am dying know, did you test? The dollar tree may come out very faint if testing at 8-9 days. However, FRER works really well. Try the dollar tree and check again when dried. I know it says to only read in time frame but if you can see a clear line after the time limit it still may be BFP. It would have to be a line though.
Lili- If you were spotting it could be implantation bleed. If I were you I would get a test ready because you are so close. If I were in your shoes I would be testing in the morning.
#86 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:23 PM

2in09- I am not sure how to answer that question. How many dpo are you. If you bd several days it could hurt and be a little sensitive. Good luck!
#87 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Lilgreen-Just to let you know I had symptoms with my last two pregnancies. The symptoms started about 6 dpo. I was so tired I thought I had the flu. Also, I almost threw up a few times but blamed it on prenatal vitamins. So in my experience you can have symptoms. I have been pregnant 5 times and I had symptoms everytime. One symptom I did not have was breast tenderness until I was about 8-10 weeks.
#88 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 PM

Can I be added? I plan to test on the 13th. I'll be 14 DPO then, and it should be pretty accurate by then.

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#89 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:37 PM

kellygirl. i think i may start taking some.* just to be safe.* and i'm worried about taking the progesterone cream i just bought today now - until my dr. has had a chance to test my natural levels.* im so damn impulsive!as for your question about O day.the best way to determine your ovulation day amidst all those positive OPK's is to chart your temps and wait for the rise.* It would then be the day before the temp spike.* Have you been doing that?
#90 of 408 Old 07-06-2008, 08:40 PM

tuwamare I wouldn't worry about the BFN. 10DPO is pretty early, plus your chart looks really good so far. Breast tenderness is definitely a good sign. That was my first sign w/my son.

steed Bummer, I'm sorry.

shawna What brand of cream did you get? Let us know if you notice any changes.
Re: the baby aspirin. This is given to women with the "antiphospholipid antibody". One of my 20+ vials of blood got shipped off to a lab in sunny Van Nuys to be tested for this. Won't get the results on that until next week. Feh, with all the other stuff it sounds like I'm going to have to take, what's a little baby aspirin? This article had some interesting things to say. "Recent aspirin studies also show that aspirin may be helpful in increasing pregnancy rates in all women. Aspirin appears to increase the activity of the ovaries, allowing them to release multiple eggs during ovulation. It also appears to increase blood flow to the uterus, allowing for a thicker and healthier uterine lining."
Although they then go on to say "Aspirin therapy is still being tested for side effects and is currently only available when taken in combination with Heparin. Long-term use of aspirin is not recommended, because it may actually interfere with fertility. Long-term aspirin use appears to prevent a woman's eggs from being released from their follicles, inhibiting ovulation."
Also, wouldn't hurt to get your thryroid checked. Have you always been that weight or did you lose weight? One thing I'd say is find someone who specializes in thyroid issues because it seems like a lot of Docs aren't really up to speed on this. I think my thyroid issues probably started after my pregnancy and went undiagnosed even though I had it checked because it's within the old acceptable levels which have been updated but a lot of docs are unaware of. Here's a link I found on another thread with recommended docs in various areas.

lilgreen Spotting and high temp is a good sign!:

As for me, just trying to be as prepared as possible for my appt. on Tues. with my OB's office for the heparin/lovenox or whatever they are planning to suggest. I'm also going in on Thurs to get the scoop on the hysterowhatchamacalitogram. I'll be 9DPO on Thurs and I'm wondering if I should ask them to give me a pregnancy blood test? Are those more sensitive? I guess it's possible I'm pregnant. The "ladies" are kinda sore. Of course, they were really sore back in April and that turned out to either be nothing or a chemical pregnancy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page