The early to mid July TWW - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
North -- I think it's ok to go ahead and move me to the BFP list on the first page. Thanks for waiting until I was ready.
#242 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:11 AM

I have really lost my mind with all these postives. I tested this morning and of course got a BFN. I want to stay postive but I am getting emotional, maybe it was too soon after miscarriage to try. I cried to my husband last night because he kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I said nothing from you, but a baby for the Lord. How do you stop obessing, if you have any advise please send it my way I need it this morning.
#243 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaciharper View Post
I have really lost my mind with all these postives. I tested this morning and of course got a BFN. I want to stay postive but I am getting emotional, maybe it was too soon after miscarriage to try. I cried to my husband last night because he kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday and I said nothing from you, but a baby for the Lord. How do you stop obessing, if you have any advise please send it my way I need it this morning.

If it's any consolation I tested this morning, TWICE , and got BFN's both times. I'm 8 DPO. Before I started testing I just had this "feeling" that this was my month, but I'm getting more and more doubtful as the days go on. And I have 100, yes, 100, test strips coming in the mail today. Those are going to contribute to my craziness.

I don't have any advise, except to hang in there.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#244 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM

i wish i had advice on how to stop obsessing. i talked to my therapist yesterday about it, but i've managed to keep it all in perspective somehow. there are shitty days and days when i can laugh about it. having a supportive spouse/partner is helpful. having a community of women sharing your experience is nice. every month it doesn't happen for us i like to remind myself that it didn't happen because something wasn't right - it wouldn't have been a succesful pregnancy. the body protects itself and us, that way - and i think thats pretty incredible. not always - but mostly.

to all the bfps again....congrats!!

im 10dpo today and have not tested yet. i feel pretty good.

none of the pms symptoms i would typically be having now but it could still be early. still pretty burpy. very very SLIGHT heartburn and some indigestion.

boobs are sore, but not terribly. tender all around. nips feel fine.

no real cramping yet. some twinges around 8dpo. but thats it.

we shall see on saturday. i'm waiting and will be using the ONE digital FRER i got with my OPK pack. hopefully it will be the ONLY one I'll need.

good luck and keep your chins up everyone.

s
#245 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60 View Post

If it's any consolation I tested this morning, TWICE , and got BFN's both times. I'm 8 DPO. Before I started testing I just had this "feeling" that this was my month, but I'm getting more and more doubtful as the days go on. And I have 100, yes, 100, test strips coming in the mail today. Those are going to contribute to my craziness.

I don't have any advise, except to hang in there.
Thanks yall don't know how much that helped. i am so glad I found this site with supportive people. I'm just sitting in my office crying and thinking bad combo. I'm sending some prayers and baby dust to everyone.

Thank You
#246 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:47 AM

: Congratulations Danielle!!!

9DPO here. My temps are going back down again and STILL no crosshair. : Last night after examining my breasts in the mirror I noticed that they looked REALLY veiny. I thought AHA ...another symptom!! So, even though my temp dropped this morning I foolishly busted out an FRER and tested. So much for holding out until Saturday! Any guesses?? Yep, BFN. Now I'm thinking I'll skip the blood test at my OB's because I just really don't want to hear it twice today.
I dunno...I think I'll wait and if little Miss Thang doesn't show Sunday morning maybe then I'll test although maybe I should just wait until Monday. Last month I tested the day she was due and...BFN of course and then 3 hrs later she made her entrance. I guess I'm just saying I don't think, even with my symptoms it's going to happen for me this month. I just don't *feel* pregnant. I did w/DS's pregnancy. :
#247 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks yall don't know how much that helped. i am so glad I found this site with supportive people. I'm just sitting in my office crying and thinking bad combo. I'm sending some prayers and baby dust to everyone.

Thank You
I'm going to risk sounding like the bad advice we all hate to hear - but, it will happen one day. I keep telling myself that over and over. "I'll get pregnant eventually." The hardest part is obsessing about the symptoms and realizing they were nothing more than PMS.

We may have male fertility issues going on, though we haven't been diagnosed, but we do have a daughter already, so we know things *should* work. Eventually. I just try not to think that hard about it, or get too down every month.

And I think everything happens at a certain time for a reason. We were totally blind sided with our daughter. We had only been married a year, just bought out first house (like hadn't even finished un packing!), and WHAMO, a baby. We seriously wondered how we were going to cope. But now we couldn't imagine it any other way, which totally makes me feel like it happened at that time for a reason. If it had been a year later, we might not have the daughter we have today, so even though it was weird timing, I wouldn't change it by a millisecond. And I know it seems like you're light years away from that, but when you're holding your baby, it's all going to just feel "right". Even if it took a while to get there.

Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do. Because they're FAST.
#248 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 AM

You don't sound bad, I too have a daughter. We had her through IUI, she will be five in september. I know I should be thankful we are getting pregnant, because we couldn't for so many years. The thing is though it has been so hard finding out I am pregnant and then loosing them. I am very thnkful for what the Lord has blessed me with. I have a wonderful husband and sweet daughter (at times). I just would like to have one more added to the picture. My husband said he thinks it is harder on me know than with my DD. I told him it was because she wants a baby so bad and now I have her little hopes to think about. She prays for a sister ir brother all the time. I pray for her little prayers to be answered. Sorry for rambling but felt like I had to get it out, ahhh that feels better. Thanks for letting mr vent.
#249 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for the congrats, everyone.

Congrulations Danielle!

I'm a little concerned this morning, actually. I took another FRER and it just doesn't look as dark as yesterday's. but then again I don't remember yesterday's looking as dark as it does now. So, maybe it will darken as it dries. I wish it were darker so I could go back to bed (I got up at 5:30am to test because I couldn't wait), but now I'm paranoid that this is a chemical. I wish I had a picutre. Yesterday's line is so strong for 10dpo. Does that count for anything? Todays' is still pretty strong, just not quite as vivid.

Well, I'm going to try to go back to bed and see how it looks when I wake up.
#250 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I too have a daughter. We had her through IUI, she will be five in september. I know I should be thankful we are getting pregnant, because we couldn't for so many years. The thing is though it has been so hard finding out I am pregnant and then loosing them. I am very thnkful for what the Lord has blessed me with. I have a wonderful husband and sweet daughter (at times). I just would like to have one more added to the picture. My husband said he thinks it is harder on me know than with my DD. I told him it was because she wants a baby so bad and now I have her little hopes to think about. She prays for a sister ir brother all the time. I pray for her little prayers to be answered.
I know how you feel, jaci. We have a daughter who will be 2 in September, and we've been trying since she was 6 months old to have a sibling for her.
I feel like I have a ticking countdown clock over my head, because I've already lost one ovary and tube to endometriosis this past September. Every month that AF shows up I feel more and more helpless and scared. This is our 11th cycle trying since my surgery and the 3rd cycle since my HSG, so we should be pregnant!
I just keep telling myself that it's in God's hands and not mine. There is SOME REASON why I'm not pregnant yet, and His timing and plans are perfect. I just have to trust Him and pray, and that's what I ask our Blessed Lady for every day--complete trust and hope.

Praying for you, jaci.

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#251 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM

Update on me: 11 DPO. My temp went up this morning, and I had some slight nausea while brushing my teeth. It's probably nothing, but AF is due anytime from tomorrow til Monday. Had a BFN yesterday and don't have any more tests left in the house, so it's just a waiting game now. :

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

#252 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Hugs for everyone going through rough times emotionally! This TTC stuff is really hard sometimes.

My update:

So my hubby had a vivid dream last night that I gave him a little box as a gift and when he opened it it contained a pair of baby boy shoes. And he asked, "Are we pregnant?" and I said "Yes, with another boy!"

DH rarely has dreams he can remember, and this one was so startling and vivid that it woke him up at 3AM. Ooh I hope it's true!

I got a BFN on yesterday's test, but come on, I was only 8DPO and I tested in the afternoon. How silly of me. I think I'll test Saturday or geez maybe tomorrow (at 10DPO). How do the Dollar Store tests work? Will they work that early? I hate wasting money on tests, so I tend to get those.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#253 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 11:16 AM

I How do the Dollar Store tests work? Will they work that early? I hate wasting money on tests, so I tend to get those.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I just used with mt last pregnancy and I only had like 20hcg in my blood. The only thing you have to remember is that if it is a grey line not pregnant but if it is a pink line not matter how light pregnant. When I took it showed up very light the first day and then got darker. THey have always worked well for me.
#254 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM

CatholicBFMama I stalked your chart. Lookin' good!
#255 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 PM

nak
I used an internet cheapie with fmu in addition to frer and it's way darker than yesterday's. so i'm feeling good again.

good luck everyone!! I hope to keep seeing more bfps here!!
#256 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 01:24 PM

My update:

Well yesterday I had this super super faint line and I think it came after the time passed though I'm not sure. I took the test and didn't see anything immediate, so I showered and then looked at it again (maybe 1/2 hr later) and there it was - this super faint, barely noticeable line. DH and I were looking at it all night trying to figure out what it meant. So I took it again today and another line, better than yesterday, but still not dark.

So I broke down and took my Digital Clear Blue easy - and there was the magic word "Pregnant" staring back at me! I can't believe it. I thought I was screwed with DH being out of town when I O'd, but somehow we managed it.

Thank you all for your support and I'm wishing and hoping for more BFP's for all of you!!!!!!!!!
#257 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM

ok so I don't know if this is a good sign but I am cramping alot today. My lower back is hurting and losts of cramping on both sides. It can't be my period this early so I am hoping that this is a good sign. I'm also having sore boobs and vivid dreams still but no peeing at night.
#258 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 04:11 PM

Thank you for all the congratulations!

Hugs to everyone who needs them. Jaciharper, it sounds like you trust on the Lord and hope in Him. He really does know when the best timing is for everything...even so, it can be hard for us to just trust. Hugs. I'm glad to hear you are feeling hopeful with your new symptoms.

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#259 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 04:22 PM

North of 60-If it makes you feel any better I am probably out this month too. I don't temp however about 6 dpo I normally wake up in a sweat not a major sweat but a sweat. This is when I know my month is over. My temp must drop drastically. Anyhow, it happened to me last night. Also, I have been pregnant five times three of those times being m/c's. Everytime I have been pregnant I became an emotional wreck about 3 dpo. So I can kind of tell if I am pregnant. We cannot get down! Look at all those BPF's this month. Next month will be our month. I am going on clomid next month due to low progesterone and my age 38. We have to keep the faith.

I want all you BFP's to know I am so happy for you all. For many it has been a long haul. I wish you all the best nine months ever.
#260 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 04:28 PM

Jaciharper- I feel for you. I had three m/c since December and two of the three made it to 9 weeks with healthy heartbeats. We were just getting ready to tell everyone. I think after the m/c's I became neurotic trying to make things right again. I can only give you advice-Look to the future and all the positive in your life. Prepare yourself by taking good care of your health and continue taking prenatals. This is your second chance to make everything perfect for that little baby. Do not think all is lost. Things are just on temporay hold. God has something great in store for you, I promise. The most important this is to think positive no matter how bad you feel. The mind is a powereful tool, use it to your advantage. I want you to go out and see what a wonderful day it is and all the wonderful things you have.
#261 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Congratulations Keiramommy!!!

I'm hoping those are implantation cramps, jaciharper.

Kellygirl - Thank you!

CatholicBFMama - I hope you get good news in the next few days.

North_Of_60 - You have wise words. What is your status at this moment? Did you confirm that it was an evap line? has AF showed up?

scoobers - hopefully your next test will be bfp, you're still early.

KaliShanti - That dream sounds awesome. I hope it means something.

zenproofstella - sounds promising! I'm not sure how you're holding off on testing. I started testing at 7dpo good luck!

2in09 - I'm hoping you're wrong about this not being your month. fingers crossed.

I think that's most of everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone. Everyone has been so kind and supportive here. Thank you all. I'm still being slightly cautious since that FRER this morning wasn't really any darker than yesterday's. But the IC test I took this morning was way darker than yesterday's. Still, AF is due tomorrow or Saturday, so I'll fully celebrate on Sunday, then again on Monday when H returns (I told him in an email... how romantice )

expat-mama - Good luck!!

CAUCmama -
#262 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 PM

yeah..ummm...i might cave tomorrow am.

i think it will all depend on my temp. i've decided if its 97.9 or above - i'm going to test. If its below that...im going to just wait for flo.

i have ONE digital hpt. i may try and use one of my opks for a sign...less blatant rejection that way ( i mean seriously, does it get any WORSE than having the words NOT PREGNANT staring at you?) Not sure I'm ready for that.

i really can't believe how little symptoms im feeling right now. i honestly feel pretty good.

very subtle mild cramps today...but HARDLY. not like the pms cramps which are usually rolling in by this time.

oh, i hope this is it for us!!! i want this so badly...
#263 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 06:22 PM

zenproofstella, I'll test with you...

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#264 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM

sweet. well then - i'll see you on the flipside

good luck!

s
#265 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oooooh!!

Zenproofstella and Kali Shanti, I am sooooo wanting to test with you...
But I thought about it, and I'm gonna try to stick it out. Especially since you guys are in an opposite time zone, you'll be testing tonight (Fri night) for me...and I'd end up testing after that anyway!

BUT GOOD LUCK! I am really wishing and hoping you see those BFPs!!!

If you guys get em, then I might get really excited and test on Saturday morning...and then if it's negative I can at least enjoy (drown my sorrows in a cold beer or glass of wine tomorrow night.

Wishing you two all the best!!!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#266 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 PM

expat -

i know. i keep telling myself that if this is a NO GO...I will be THRILLED to have a BEER!!!!!

no. make that 3 BEERS!!

or better yet....I could live on the edge and have 3 BEERS AND A SMOKE!!
#267 of 408 Old 07-10-2008, 09:39 PM

zenproofstella - I think your chart looks good!!!!!!! i can't wait to see how your testing goes - keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!
#268 of 408 Old 07-11-2008, 01:14 AM

keirasmommy Congratulations!!!:

kellygirl and jaciharper So sorry about your m/c. A good friend of mine has been through that. I wanted to ask if you had been tested for any of the blood clotting disorders? My friend had 3 m/c before switching to her current OB (who I also go to) who discovered she had a clotting disorder (a different one than mine). He put her on Lovenox and baby aspirin (a blood thinner) and she's now got a beautiful 8 mo. old boy and another on the way!

Shawna, Kalishanti, and expat-mama Good luck tomorrow!!! Here's hoping we all get BFP's in the next couple of days but if not I'll join you all in the cocktail lounge!!

So, my body continues with it's crazy parade of pregnancy symptoms and yet...I don't *feel* pregnant. I'm just really pretty sure i'm not. But, this morning at work I got TOTALLY nauseous. You know that weird head-achey, mouth watery, gaggy, feeling?? I suppose it could have been the vitamins but I ate breakfast before I took them and I've been taking them for 4 months and they've never made me sick. I did add a baby aspirin. Could that do it? My boobs are still REALLY sore too. I am SO not good at waiting. I WILL NOT test again tomorrow. No. No. No.

I had my appt. w/the OB to find out about the HSG. I have to call the hospital to set up an appt. on Day 1 of my period. Apparently then I come in shortly after that. She described it as being "uncomfortable" which always makes me leery. Breastfeeding was also described to me as being "uncomfortable" and that ended up being (at least in the beginning) about as "uncomfortable" as having your breast mashed between the road and a semi truck.

Oh, and I got to practice the Lovenox shots. My friend at work has to take them too. She's pregnant but very early and I'm the only one who knows. Her husband is out of town and she couldn't bring herself to do it so this morning she's like "psst...will you do me a favor"? All the bathrooms in our building have these separate lockable shower rooms. So, we sneak into the bathroom like we're back in high school hiding from the school monitor or something. She breaks out the shot, grabs a bunch of skin on her stomach and is like "just jab it in really quick". I can't believe I did it...I'm such a weenie about stuff like that but when a sista was in trouble I came through!! She said it didn't hurt at all!
#269 of 408 Old 07-11-2008, 01:41 AM

no more testing for me unless af doesn't show. i'm putting my foot down. at least until monday. (af isn't due until the 19th!)

i am going to spend time with family, start a project, ANYTHING to keep from testing or obcessing. i'm not even going to check mdc tomorrow more than once. this is my promise to myself. let's see how well i do at keeping it..
#270 of 408 Old 07-11-2008, 02:12 AM

I'm 14dpo today and tested a BFN this morning. :P My temp dropped, but first my hubby woke me up way too early, and I couldn't sleep properly after that. No sign of AF so far, so I'm just waiting.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page