Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here is a lube you can buy called Pre-Seed

http://www.preseed.com/

it is very helpful for conception if you do not have the right / enough CM. it is a bit costly so we only used it the 3 or 4 days after my first POS POAS O test ....and we'd use 1/2 a tube each time not all of one.

also some popel take EPO to help with CM -- I am not sure the dose -- i think from end of AF till O ... again not sure maybe someone else can talk about it?

I wonder if there are any supplments or vits to hlep?

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#302 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM

The Taking Charge of Your Fertility book says you can use real egg whites. There is always a debate over this when someone recommends it. IME, it works; I've conceived 3 times with real egg whites and questionable CM. Now that I have decent CM, I haven't been using them... and I'm not pg. So, FWIW...
#303 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Oh, and a little goes a really long way. We use a baby tylenol dosing syringe for application.
#304 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 03:52 PM

One thing I'm trying to encourage O is sleeping in total darkness. We live in the city, so I'm using room darkening shades, and covering the digital clock and AC glowing numbers (ours are so bright)

DH cracked up when he went to change the temp on the AC and found a little doubled over flap of electrical tape that you can conveniently lift up to see the number

It's supposed to help stimulate correct hormone activity.(simulating the moon) Now that I've had one AF, I'm supposed to sleep with a nightlight on for nights of CD14,15,16. I'll let you know how it goes...today is CD14, so I'll try and see.

For me though, it was DS taking more solids. (his own initiative) He's not really going to the breast any less frequently, but must be taking less milk, therefore less prolactin, I assume. I also gained a few pounds, as I mentionned earlier. "Your Fertility Signals" mentions that heavier, more well nourished women get AF back sooner.

Momma Aimee, what is EPO?

I'm confused on lube...we could use some lube help, but in general my CM is fine. Is regular lube really a problem? Is regular eggwhite helpful as lube, or is it acting as CM (sperm channels)...: I'm confused...

Wife to Bear - Mom to DS 7, gifted with SPD and DD 2, a Joybunny!
#305 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Momma Aimee, what is EPO?
evening of primerose oil

lube -- be careful some are NOT good and kill the little sperm (even if they are not a spreicide) they are "hostial" or "unfreindly". I don't remember which ones - i am sure someone here knows -- we didn't use any unless we used pre-seed.

pitch fork -- can you link to data about the darkness / light thing? I'd like to try it. Our room is pretty dark though.

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#306 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Not much here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunaception
you could try searching lunaception in general or Loise Lacey.

Here is an excerpt from "Your Fertility Signals"

"Lacey experimented with nighttime lighting conditions to see if she could simulate the effects of moonlight, and experience the cycle changes documented by other researchers. She and many readers of her book Lunaception discovered that by the third or fourth cycle of light regulation, cycles usually shortened to 29-31 days in length. Also, menstruation became shorter and heavier. The mucus patter grew more distinct instead of creamy and confusing. These changes were a boon to Lacey, since her cycles had been highly erratic after she stopped taking the pill.

The experimental technique:

CD nights 1-13 Sleep in total darkness. Block out all window and doorway light. Use a red photographic bulb for light if needed during the night.

CD14,15,16 Sleep with a dim light on all night, It can be a 15 watt night-light in the wall, a 40 watt bulb in the closet with the door partly closed, or a dim hall light.

During the rest of the cycle, sleep in total darkness again

Light regulation might be most helpful when cuycles are irregular or have ling patches of creamy, confusing mucus.

It is thought that sleeping in darkness influences the pineal gland to secrete melatonin, a hormone which inhibits events leading to ovulation. Light at night shuts off melatonin production, so ovulation proceeds"

HTH...

#307 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanahan View Post
And, on a personal note, I think I am bidding you ladies farewell and good luck!! I have had 2 betas done and my numbers are progressing nicely so I am very hopeful and optimistic that we have a sticky baby on our hands!! Best of luck everyone - hope you join the due date clubs very very soon!! thanks for all of your support, advice, etc!!
-See you in the March ddc!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergirl View Post
hi TTC nursing mamas! i just posted in the vegan TTC mamas too.. just excited to BE here we are 17 pp with no AF yet, and hoping to start seriously trying in another 2 weeks, actually. i tried to be good and read all the pages of this thread, but my head started swimming around 6 pages in...

do most of you nursing mamas with no ppaf just go with CM and cervix? or do you temp anyway? i haven't bothered to temp since we got a BPN with our little guy 2 years ago, although i charted for about two years before that.

er, so i guess that would put me on waiting to o??

any tips on where to start to for TTC with no PPAF would be much appreciated!!

xoxo
Welcome mama! Hope your stay is short!!

Other than the oddly welcoming nausea...things are great! I have such a peace that this little one (or ones, how fun would it be to have twins!) will be just fine! Thank You Lord!! It's odd not telling anyone b/c usually we spill the beans right away, but it's been nice too knowing it's just btwn me and the little one inside me!
#308 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Holy cow! I just got a BFP!
I really wasn't expecting that! DH and I had unprotected sex 3 days before O- which I know technically isn't being very safe, but with my lack of cf, I figured there was little chance I would concieve!

But after 4 tests this morning, I think I am finally convinced.(first 3 were SUPER faint,barely there, could-be-evaporation-line, $ store test. the last, and very positive one was an Answer)
:

I am so happy but also a little nervous about dealing with my thyroid issues and being pregnant.

I pray all of you will soon get your BFP!:

Could I be moved to success stories please?
#309 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=938236

there is another discussion regarding getting more CM ....

Aimee

#310 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 05:26 PM

Congrats K!

Thanks for all the info on CM. I also read earlier today that Vit C can dry up CM. I started taking doses of Vit C daily a couple of weeks ago so I'm thinking that may of been the problem. I stopped today and started drinking green tea and eating more carrots. We'll see what happens.

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#311 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 PM

I also tested this morning and got a BFP! This is quite a lucky month for this list! Risen_joy, would you please add me to the July success stories?

Congratulations to you, iluvmybabies! I used to have thyroid issues and have had two healthy pregnancies already. What's going on with you?
#312 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 11:10 PM

wow CONGRATS iluvmybabies!!! YAY!!!! what a nice surprise

also that's totally interesting about the real egg whites! we are vegan so we probably wont' end up trying that (*probably*.. ask me again after TTC for 6 months or so... .. but my sister also has very little CM naturally and i bet would be very interested in giving that a shot when the TTC!

and thanks for the welcome definitely nice to be here! but hopefully not for long for any of us!
#313 of 329 Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Big CONGRATS and : for iluvmybabies and riversong! Happy and healthy 9 months.

Remember how I was suspecting that I may have o'ed for the first time since dd2 was born? Well, I was right! I got my first PPAF on July 26th. So today is cd3 and I'm so excited! Started temping and charting, so I hope we get our BFP soon.

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#314 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 12:49 AM

Thank you, everyone for the well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversong View Post
I also tested this morning and got a BFP! This is quite a lucky month for this list! Risen_joy, would you please add me to the July success stories?

Congratulations to you, iluvmybabies! I used to have thyroid issues and have had two healthy pregnancies already. What's going on with you?
Congrats to you too! How exciting we get to be in the same DDC! My due date is 4/11- which is my sisters b-day also!

To answer you question about my thyroid issues, I have subclinical/mild hyperthyroidism- with symptoms (pretty severe). Which just means that my TSH is really low and my T3 and T4 levels are always normal. It's not dangerous to the fetus to have subclinical hyperthyroidism- but in order to control my symptoms (ie. severe anxiety, tachycardia, nausea, high blood pressure, constant hunger, hair falling out, losing weight etc.. ) I need to be on an anti-thyroid drug. Which can cause hypothyroidism in the fetus. So I am in a bit of a pickle. Luckily, for most women, the hyperthyroidism will become normal during the second and third trimesters. And it is safe to take the PTU the first trimester. So I hoping that is what happens for me.
#315 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 AM

Congrats to Riversong and iluvmybabies!!::

So I am happy right now because I O'd! I got my first PPAF earlier in the month and started charting after that. I finally O'd on CD19. Even though we aren't technically trying yet, we did happen to have good timing so maybe...

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#316 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM

Congrats Riversong!!!

Heathertreehugger.gif
Mama to 5 (b17,b11,b9,g6,b4)

Our Final Addition stork-suprise.gifarriving in Mid June 2014

#317 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
I really wasn't expecting that! DH and I had unprotected sex 3 days before O- which I know technically isn't being very safe, but with my lack of cf, I figured there was little chance I would concieve!

But after 4 tests this morning, I think I am finally convinced.(first 3 were SUPER faint,barely there, could-be-evaporation-line, $ store test. the last, and very positive one was an Answer)
:

I am so happy but also a little nervous about dealing with my thyroid issues and being pregnant.

I pray all of you will soon get your BFP!:

Could I be moved to success stories please?
Quote:

Congrats, ladies. : Have a happy, healthy nine months!

Can you move me to Waiting to Know. After my belly aching about an anovulatory cycle I ended up Oing on CD 23 (which is not that late for me). However, we pretty much missed my fertile window. DH is bummed, it's kind of cute. I'm actually OK with it. I'm relieved to know my body is Oing again after a two year break. Onward and upward!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#318 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 11:58 AM

Congrats to all the BFP's! It's been a crazy month for me, so not much time to post, but I've been keeping up reading the thread.

AFM: AF came 4 days early! Holy cow. How did I go from a 13-14 day LP down to a 10 day LP? I did not miss any of my Vit B6 vitamins........
I'm sooooo bummed. Sorry I've been such a negative voice this month, but I'm *really* struggling.

Thoughts on the LP anyone?

Thanks

Laura

One sleepy mama to ds #1 (5) and ds #2...my VBAC baby (2) and expecting #3 sometime in 2/2012!!

#319 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 PM

AF showed up finally.

Back to waiting to O, if I even am at this point.
#320 of 329 Old 07-29-2008, 02:40 PM

I haven't been on in a little while since I haven't had a first pp period yet, but I'm pretty sure I o'd today so I think I need to be moved to the waiting to know/ waiting for af group

For the last couple of days I've felt like my ovaries were full, then had copious amounts of ewcm today with a little pain so I'm pretty sure it happened even though I haven't started temping yet. I'm so excited!:

Urban homesteader married to my high school sweetheart, mama to V(4/07) and H(6/10)

knit.gifblogging.jpghomeschool.gif   chicken3.gif

#321 of 329 Old 07-30-2008, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
I'm confused on lube...we could use some lube help, but in general my CM is fine. Is regular lube really a problem? Is regular eggwhite helpful as lube, or is it acting as CM (sperm channels)...: I'm confused...
I guess regular lube isn't the best for sperm (but it's not birth control either!). Real egg whites are supposed to act like CM because of its protein makeup or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmybabies View Post
Quote:
I also tested this morning and got a BFP!

:: Yay! Congratulations, mamas! This has been an unbelievable month!!!

Looks like next month might be good, too, with all the new members and first PPAFs! Welcome and congrats, everyone!

I can be moved to 2WW. I ovulated late yesterday or early today. A little later than last month at CD20. We had good timing but tried not to stress about it as much as last month. It's really hard to DTD every night for us like the last few months. We were getting kind of resentful that we were working so hard and not succeeding. This month, we tried to go every other day. We'll see....!
#322 of 329 Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 AM

Please move me to 2WW
#323 of 329 Old 07-30-2008, 11:45 AM

: Congratulations to all the BFPs!! :
I can't believe what a fertile month July is turning out to be!

I am personally excited because it appears I am gearing up to O on the new moon again, my 2nd O PP. :

Sending : and baby to all!

wife to treehugger.gif, mama to carrot.gif(7/06) and joy.gif(4/09), plusdog2.gif

#324 of 329 Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 PM

another neg POAS HPT ... :

Aimee

#325 of 329 Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 PM

Aimee

Robin, me too! Looks like I am about to O for the second time!

#326 of 329 Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM

Congrats to the new BFPs! : July is such a huge success month! :

Aimee, sorry about the BFN.

I'm still waiting to o. I'm hoping sometime in the next week or so, but with my DD waiting to nurse half the night again and all day sometimes, I'm a bit concerned that it will be pushed back.

Jen ~ DD1 (10/2006) ~ DD2 (9/2009) ~ DD3 (6/2012)
#327 of 329 Old 07-31-2008, 01:12 PM

Congrats to all the BFPs.

I haven't been posting but i have been keeping up.

Can I be moved to the two week wait please??

Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#328 of 329 Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 PM

So we're more nt/np but we did happen to BD just before O so I guess I'm going to join in here. I'm in the 2WW. I'm nursing a 17 month old.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#329 of 329 Old 08-01-2008, 12:31 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page