Nursing Mamas TTC in JULY!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could I be moved to 2ww please?
Should be testing around the 20th.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#62 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 11:55 AM

can I be added to waiting to o?
#63 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Hi to all the new ladies. Best of luck to everyone this month.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#64 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl View Post
I have never temped before. My question is this: Is it difficult to temp while nursing?
I don't think there's anything inherently hard about temping while nursing. I think temping while cosleeping is the hard thing! Sometimes I don't get enough consecutive hours of sleep. Other times I don't want to wake anyone with a beeping thermometer. I've only gotten one usable temp in the past week. I'm also out of the habit of temping and I forget until I've been awake and talking to dd for too long.

HTH
#65 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
Sorry for the probably very redundant question? But what does it mean when you are referring to crosshairs???
People are talking about Fertility Friend telling them that it's the best time to have sex based on their chart. FF uses the term crosshairs. A crosshairs is a shape used for aiming a gun. You probably knew that part already, though.
#66 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Hi ladies! Been a long time for me again. Still waiting for that first eggie. DS turned 2 last month, although I'm starting to think I *might* have o'd on the 3rd. I guess only time will tell. I'm only expecting AF though, as hubby was out of town from me that day and we didn't get to dtd til the 5th. Sooooo, here's to hoping for a visit from aunt flo in a week and a half or so!

Good luck to all you ladies this month! Hope no one hangs around here as long as I have!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#67 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 PM

I'm back! We had a great time with family and it was a fun way to not think about the 2WW. I did test today at 10 dpo and got a BFN. Boo.

Welcome to all the new mamas! I hope your stays here are short!

Lots of replies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Robin* View Post

Any one else in my boat? Any one not get AF back until after 12 months, after 18 months, after 24 months, or even longer?
I got AF around 26-27 months PP with both my kids. Both were nightweaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneBabe View Post
I had a chemical pregnancy a few weeks ago, am still bleeding now (5 days). Should I wait a month before trying again? Am I likely to have a normal cycle when this bleeding stops?
If there are no complications, then I think you can TTC right away after a chemical. If your bleeding is normal, cervix is closed afterward, etc., I'd say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliasmama View Post
Does anyone cosleep and temp? It seems like it wouldn't work with the extra body heat. I haven't done any charting yet, but I think I'll start this month.
We do and it's fine. Sorry DD was so sick - I hope she's feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversong View Post
I read on MDC that sometimes it's easier to get pg right after a miscarriage, so I didn't wait at all. I don't know if that's true, though.
Hasn't been true for me. #1 was first try; #2 was second try; #3 (the m/c) was first try. We're now in the 2WW of the 4th cycle after the chemical and I'm feeling discouraged becuase I got a BFN today. I've heard it's true for others, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetinha View Post
any of you TTC while taking Domperidone? I know a side effect is to alter your cycles, but I don't know if that means I can't conceive....
And what about Clomid? Anybody take Clomid while nursing?
If you are taking Domperidone to increase milk supply, you should be aware that pregnancy will almost certainly have some negative effect on supply.

I don't think any doc would prescribe Clomid before weaning. I'm not sure it's been thoroughly tested on nurslings for one thing and weaning is certainly the "easier" answer for fertility (according to docs, anyway.)

Sorry to be such a spoil sport, but I believe in full disclosure about stuff like that. I had no idea what an effect pg would have on milk supply when we were TTC #2 - I'm so glad that #1 wasn't younger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellygirl View Post
I have never temped before. My question is this: Is it difficult to temp while nursing?
Nope. PPs had some good responses on this.

With the BFN today, I'm kind of down. I don't know why it's taking so long to get pg this time. It's a weird tease that my cycles are so good and regular but (unlike when I've gotten pg before) but nothing's happening. Up until about 9dpo, I was really thinking this was it based on cervix and CM, but the BFN threw me. sigh.

Can't SOMEONE around here get a BFP so I can live vicariously? Please?
#68 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
If you are taking Domperidone to increase milk supply, you should be aware that pregnancy will almost certainly have some negative effect on supply.

I don't think any doc would prescribe Clomid before weaning. I'm not sure it's been thoroughly tested on nurslings for one thing and weaning is certainly the "easier" answer for fertility (according to docs, anyway.)

Sorry to be such a spoil sport, but I believe in full disclosure about stuff like that. I had no idea what an effect pg would have on milk supply when we were TTC #2 - I'm so glad that #1 wasn't younger!
I'm only going to continue with Dom for about a month - once he turns a year old I will quit pumping at work. I don't want him to wean him but if I were to get pregnant I'd accept that. I really want to get pregnant, but not at his expense - so the clomid will wait.
It's confusing trying to weigh the pro's and con's. I'm 37, I want at least one more but I don't want to skimp on the precious little one I have now. It took 14 months to get pregnant with him and that was on Clomid.
For now, I'll just keep dtd and crossing my fingers
#69 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 06:50 PM

Can I be added to "waiting to catch first pp egg?" I know it will be awhile but I'm excited!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#70 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 07:10 PM

I was wondering if it's worth it to get a vip membership with Fertility Friend?
I am charting there now and have considered a membership but I was wondering if anyone who has one can tell me about it?

Also, temping while cosleeping with a toddler is difficult. How important is it to be on time every morning??

Misha

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#71 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
OK, I'm not a regular, but can I be put in Waiting to O. It should be this Wednesday or Thursday. This is our 3rd month trying and our son is 15 months old

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#72 of 329 Old 07-07-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beating Earth View Post
Also, temping while cosleeping with a toddler is difficult. How important is it to be on time every morning??
Misha
I just look for a temp shift. I don't take my temperature at the same time every morning. I try to take it at about 7:30 or so. If it's much earlier or later, I'll adjust it. I figure that it's really not important to have exact temperatures. I also forget sometimes to temp at all. Especially after I finish my period (I don't temp during it.)

If it's around O time, I do try to be a little more exact. Although this cycle, I O'd earlier than I usually do and had quite a few missing temperatures. To get crosshairs in ff, I made up a couple temps.
#73 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM

Well, I've taken about seven now so I guess it's safe to say: I'm pregnant!

:

I had several negative internet cheapies first, then a faint, disappearing positive on an e.p.t., then positives on both kinds of tests growing darker and darker! Going to wait until the end of the month to spread the news further than this... but no way I could wait until the end of the first trimester!

to everyone!
#74 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats fuzzypeach!!!:
It`s about time one of us got a BFP

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#75 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 10:57 AM

::Big Congratulations fuzzypeach!!!:: So thrilled for you and wishing you a happy and healthy nine months.

Jen ~ DD1 (10/2006) ~ DD2 (9/2009) ~ DD3 (6/2012)
#76 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Tested BFN last night. Dangit. My temps are the same as they were with my last cycle trying to get pg with Xander...So, I must not have O'ed like I thought. My CP is now medium/low, medium/open and medium/soft. CM is kinda creamy but stretchy. So, I guess I'll get to BD'ing just in case. Bleh. Nursing must be making me all screwy.
#77 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Congratulations Fuzzypeach! How exciting, hopefully you are starting an exciting trend! :

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#78 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 PM

Congratulations, Fuzzipeach!!!!!!!

Trying to build up my house, not tear it down namaste.gif.   Got 3 wonderful kids jumpers.gif  ribboncesarean.gif autismribbon.gif, blessed with a wonderful husband luxlove.gif and have the privilege of staying home full time to enjoy it all! 

#79 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM

2ww please

Congrats Fuzzipeachy!!!!

? should i put back in the very high temp on cd13? it would make me 6dpo today i marked it as disturbed because it was so high. chart is in my siggy

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#80 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM

Congrats Fuzzypeach!! That is great news!

Per my calculations, I should be in the 2ww. DH and I decided we are going to try low stress this time around, so no OPKs, no temping, etc., at least initially. I was on the mission the last time, so as soon as we started ttc, there were temps, opks, and on demand dtd . . . not much fun!! I was a perfect 28 day cycle before with ovulation on day 14, and my cycles are back to 28-30 days again, so we are just making sure we dtd leading up to, on, and the day after when I think I should o. That day was Sunday!! Amazingly (not much dtd around our house in past months even though ntnp), we dtd Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon. To be honest, I am a little sore!! he he! So, I think we covered the spread!!! Best of luck to you ladies, and bring on the BFPs!!
#81 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Hi Everyone- I'd love to join this thread.
Can you please put me in waiting to be ready? Although maybe soon I will change to waiting to catch the first egg!
My son is 21 months and I still do not have PPAF. We were thinking about maybe TTC #2 around my son's 2nd birthday, but mostly I'd say our plan is to let nature take its course. We certainly aren't doing anything to prevent. I had a false alarm recently which gave me some serious baby fever.
I do have a question that I posted out in the main TTC forum, but I haven't gotten any responses there yet, so I figure I'll ask here too. Last month (for the frist time PP) I had a ton of EWCM for a little over a week. I never ended up getting AF so obviously I didn't O. What have others' experiences been with EWCM before the first PPAF? Does this just happen on and off while your body tries to gear up for the return of fertility?
I just started temping a few days ago. I do co-sleep with a toddler & temp, and I had to get a different brand of thermometer (I just got a store brand) because the BD one that I had beeps constantly while its taking your temp which would've been too disruptive for DS.

Here's hoping for lots of BFPs for all you wonderful dedicated nursing mamas!!!

Abby, Mom to Matthew (9/14/06) and new baby Annabelle (10/04/09), Wife to Dan
#82 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypeach View Post
Congrats! That's so awesome!!!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickee311 View Post
Tested BFN last night. Dangit. My temps are the same as they were with my last cycle trying to get pg with Xander...So, I must not have O'ed like I thought. My CP is now medium/low, medium/open and medium/soft. CM is kinda creamy but stretchy. So, I guess I'll get to BD'ing just in case. Bleh. Nursing must be making me all screwy.
I def think nursing is making me screwy. I still don't have PPAF but I can't tell you how many times I thought it was coming back based on CM and CP changes and yet....nothing. Hugs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigail_b View Post
What have others' experiences been with EWCM before the first PPAF? Does this just happen on and off while your body tries to gear up for the return of fertility?
Well, I haven't actually gotten my PPAF, but I know that this is true - you can go through several cycles of your body gearing up for it. I hate those false alarms!!!

SAHM CrossFitting mama to DS (6) and DD (3) and surprise #3 due in September!  winner.jpg familybed1.gif homebirth.jpg

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36*heartbeat.gif*40**

#83 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congratulations fuzzypeach!!! Yay!!!
#84 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Please mark me as Waiting to O!

I just got my first PPAF at 17 months and DH are officially trying again. We still nurse at night (a lot it seems) and on the weekends (I'm a WOHM).

The funny thing is I thought I might be pregnant last week-- had EWCM followed by really sore nipples and sex finally feeling good again for the first time PP. I got a BFN and instead I got AF. I should have known it was just that wonderful shot of estrogen that was making me feel different.

I'm charting again, but I'm hoping I can be more chill than the last time we tried. I would cry at the end of every month. Hopefully with DD I'll be too distracted.

I'm thrilled and can't wait to add another little one to our family!

Mama to my beautiful Ana Carolina (2/07), Isabel Cristina (6/10), and #3 on the way in August 2013!

#85 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzypeach View Post

:

I had several negative internet cheapies first, then a faint, disappearing positive on an e.p.t., then positives on both kinds of tests growing darker and darker! Going to wait until the end of the month to spread the news further than this... but no way I could wait until the end of the first trimester!

to everyone!
Congratulations, FuzzyPeach!!!! Do you mind sharing what dpos you got BFNs and BFPs? (I'm late in the 2WW... and getting BFNs).
#86 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
What have others' experiences been with EWCM before the first PPAF? Does this just happen on and off while your body tries to gear up for the return of fertility?
I had EWCM for the first time a few weeks before my first PPAF.

7 DPO today. Crampy. Wet/creamy/kinda stretchy CM. Loose BM. Feels like Af is coming...early.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#87 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Congrats, fuzzypeach!
#88 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 PM

Thanks, everyone!

because - with first morning urine (more or less.. I am up at least once a night for potty time and water) DPO 9, 10, & 11, I got negatives on internet cheapies... 12 DPO I got the faintest positive ever on a blue dye e.p.t. It showed up within the time limit, but disappeared by the evening so I didn't know what to make of it. 13 DPO got a superfaint positive on an internet cheapie... but it stuck around at least. 14 DPO I got a slightly darker positive on another e.p.t. - which also disappeared in the pm, but was dark enough to see without tilting around, hehe. 15, 16, 17 DPO (today) I have gotten increasingly darker positives on the internet cheapies! And that is the saga or my pregnancy tests.
#89 of 329 Old 07-08-2008, 10:14 PM

congratulations fuzzypeach!

I loved the tale of your pee sticks. Thanks for sharing 'em.

:-)
#90 of 329 Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM

Congrats fuzzypeach!!

I've been out of the loop lately. We've been pretty busy over here...Nothing new. CD 30 and still waiting to o. I'm kinda not as obsessed as I was for the first few cycles. Maybe that will help? I'm just feeling more patient. Like I know it'll happen. I like this feeling more than the OBSESSED person I was the first two cycles. Anyway, I'm subbing, so I'll try to be more in touch.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page